It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Technical question  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Technical question
« on: December 17, 2018, 04:54:41 AM »
Has anyone had experience with flying from Russia to Ukraine and then back into Russia again? ...... Is it an issue to re-enter Russia on the original tourist visa?

Offline Davo2

Re: Technical question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 05:04:32 AM »
Mods, please delete......I found the info I need.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:31:24 AM »
Most do it via Minsk and each entry to Russia is minus one entry - responded to for others' sakes..

Better to buy a M/entry Biz visa - if you plan 3 or more in and outs in a six month / 1 year period

I forgot... Americans can get 3 year Visas ....  Not Europeans (((

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 05:33:01 AM by msmob »

Offline Davo2

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 06:44:47 AM »
Most do it via Minsk and each entry to Russia is minus one entry - responded to for others' sakes..

Better to buy a M/entry Biz visa - if you plan 3 or more in and outs in a six month / 1 year period

I forgot... Americans can get 3 year Visas ....  Not Europeans (((

Thanks, but it's a bit too late for a M/visa.... Single entry/ exit visa already done.

I know it's not the not the most  successful way to go, but WOVO feels a lot stressfull ATM. This WMVM caper has turned me into a kid in a candy shop....just when I think I have it narrowed down to 5, a woman comes along from Ukraine and throws a spanner in the works. I'm going to have to draw a line in the sand and give her a miss.

I'm going for almost 3 weeks, so I guess I have time to fit a few more in, If I fail with the first 5
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:52:04 AM by Davo2 »

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:25:24 AM »
Thanks, but it's a bit too late for a M/visa.... Single entry/ exit visa already done.

I know it's not the not the most  successful way to go, but WOVO feels a lot stressfull ATM. This WMVM caper has turned me into a kid in a candy shop....just when I think I have it narrowed down to 5, a woman comes along from Ukraine and throws a spanner in the works. I'm going to have to draw a line in the sand and give her a miss.

I'm going for almost 3 weeks, so I guess I have time to fit a few more in, If I fail with the first 5

Sucks that you don't have easy entry like us Americans. Many times I have crossed between Russia and Ukraine. It is harder now( need a stopover now). As far as I know, it is possible Ukraine may stop train service from Moscow. Last summer I used bus service from Ukraine to Russia but that sucked( 6 hour wait at border) freakin Russian border control!

Where in Russia are you visiting?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
You cannot travel directly by plane from Russia to Ukraine.  You can either fly to Poland, one of the Baltic Republics, or Belarus.

AFAIK, trains are still running, but there is legislation to stop all bus and train service between Ukraine and Russia as well.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline rwd123

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 02:43:51 PM »
I guess everything has been covered but since I've done that route a few times this year -

General Info:
- There are no direct flights between Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
- Unless you are flying to/from Siberia or the Far East the most practical option is to fly via Minsk with Belavia.
- Belavia use different airports in Moscow, so pay attention to the airport code if that is important.

Transit in Minsk (Ukraine to Russia):
- When you arrive at MSQ and arrive towards the immigration hall there will be stairs to your left. Go up to the next level.
- Pass through the security checkpoint.
- The gates for flights to Russia are towards the end of the terminal.
- You will need to pass through a Russian immigration desk and provide a migration card. They print one out and discard the hand-written one.
- I did not fly in the opposite direction but it's probably all the same except for the last point.

Important note - if you want to exit the airport in Minsk before/after a flight to Russia (i.e., Russia-Ukraine) then you will need a Belarusian visa.

It is possible to transit in Russia without a visa BUT, and it is a BUT - you must transit in the same airport AND either have no checked baggage or be sure that the airline(s) can transfer your baggage without collecting it. This may only occur if you are flying on the same airline (or same alliance).

Offline LAman

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
I guess everything has been covered but since I've done that route a few times this year -

General Info:
- There are no direct flights between Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
- Unless you are flying to/from Siberia or the Far East the most practical option is to fly via Minsk with Belavia.
- Belavia use different airports in Moscow, so pay attention to the airport code if that is important.

Transit in Minsk (Ukraine to Russia):
- When you arrive at MSQ and arrive towards the immigration hall there will be stairs to your left. Go up to the next level.
- Pass through the security checkpoint.
- The gates for flights to Russia are towards the end of the terminal.
- You will need to pass through a Russian immigration desk and provide a migration card. They print one out and discard the hand-written one.
- I did not fly in the opposite direction but it's probably all the same except for the last point.

Important note - if you want to exit the airport in Minsk before/after a flight to Russia (i.e., Russia-Ukraine) then you will need a Belarusian visa.

It is possible to transit in Russia without a visa BUT, and it is a BUT - you must transit in the same airport AND either have no checked baggage or be sure that the airline(s) can transfer your baggage without collecting it. This may only occur if you are flying on the same airline (or same alliance).

Unless something has changed earlier this year my MIGRATION card was taken in DME before flight to Odessa with Belavia. I only had my boarding pass used through immigration.

Belavia only used DME and ZIA airports.

>>

Incorrect, you can easily leave airport and come back in reasonable time depending on transit flight. Granted you are not supposed to but there is NO ONE to stop you!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Davo2

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 04:50:26 PM »

Where in Russia are you visiting?

If I can resurrect things with the women I've been chatting to for the last year and a half and all goes well. I'll meet her in Krasnodar, then hopefully visit Novorossiysk, Abrau-Dyurso, Anapa and Gelendzhik.

If not I have a few contacts in Krasnodar, also  Rostov-on-Don, Sochi, Volgograd and Moscow

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »
Given the one dimensional thinking here !!---  and that you  will be well south of Moscow -- you could fly to Istanbul   and then to various destinations in Ukraine -- not just Kyiv-- but closer to final meeting place.

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline rwd123

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 06:42:14 PM »
Incorrect, you can easily leave airport and come back in reasonable time depending on transit flight. Granted you are not supposed to but there is NO ONE to stop you!!!
I'm not saying it's physically impossible but if you want to risk dealing with being caught it's your choice. Your passport will be stamped on entry/exit.

The migration card is duplicated. An immigration official takes one half on entry and the other half (which is stuffed in your passport) on exit.

Given the one dimensional thinking here !!---  and that you  will be well south of Moscow -- you could fly to Istanbul   and then to various destinations in Ukraine -- not just Kyiv-- but closer to final meeting place.
Georgia and Kazakhstan are other alternatives for travel further east. I found Air Astana to be quite comfortable.

Even for some southern destinations it may be easier to fly via Moscow as all roads in the sky lead to/from Moscow. The other benefit of flying via Minsk is the number of flights per day every day which allows for more flexibility.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 06:50:59 PM »

Thats the problem if you let your profile be seen by all on dating websites, when I started off I made that mistake and you can end up anywhere. Fine if you like randomness but these days I prefer to be more disciplined and hide my profile while I target my search, more essential for a VM if anything.

I would go by plane all the way particulalry if you don't speak Russian real well. Border crossing by train is not fun, I did it from Krakow (Poland) to Lviv (Ukraine) and back again. That was bad enough but nothing like the 6 hour delay quoted here. The border guards, etc will visit you possibly multiple times on both sides and you may be lucky if they speak English. If not things will be difficult to say the least and doing the Ukraine/Russia crossing as a foreigner you may be viewed with suspicion particualalry at the moment moreso if UK/US I guess.

Plane is a much better option, its more set up for smoother border transit, time over again I would choose that every time. For most westerners now exit out of Minsk Airport is visa free for up to 30 days you just need to pay a few dollars for health insurance which you can buy at a kiosk before going through border control. Minsk Airport is a good few miles outside of Minsk though.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 11:13:36 PM »

The number of flights to Istanbul / Turkey fell after March 2014 and haven't recovered ...

IF the lass lives in ( say) Krasnodar - you've got the Pegasus  option - but they do not fly into the main IST airport - they use Sabiha Gökçen ( pron Sabiha Gookchen ) miles the other side  of the city and Bosphorus to the main Ataturk  IST airport .

Flights to (say) Kyiv [ Zhulyany] must stop at Ankara / Izmir  - on the way

Then there's the 'Muslim thing'... Many women are worried to fly alone to Turkey .. nonsense - but ( sadly ) fact

IF I really WAS thinking out of the box, I'd suggest Tblisli for from the south of Russia

I'm sure Maxx would agree

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:51:02 AM by AnonMod »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 11:55:56 PM »
IF I really WAS thinking out of the box, I'd suggest Tblisli for from the south of Russia

I'm sure Maxx would agree
Well I did say Georgia.  ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 12:12:57 AM »
Smart boy, rwd123

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:29:52 AM by AnonMod »

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 02:05:50 AM »
Moby

Go back and READ what I actually said -- which was-
" you could fly to Istanbul   and then to various destinations in Ukraine -- not just Kyiv-- but closer to final meeting place."

Fact is -- from Istanbul - from various airports- - flights to Kyiv,Lviv,Odesa,Khakiv,Dnipro,Zaporozyhe,  and more .

So to state the obvious -- flying direct or with internal Ukraine stop -- can be the easiest way to get to destination city -particularly so in winter -- but at anytime !

Flights into and out of the same airport are possible .  A little research and pre planning is not a big deal.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:07:27 AM by AnonMod »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 02:07:25 AM »
Dearest JayH

Your post above and mine to it got moved to blablah blah ... for a good reason ..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541010
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1910
Total: 1921

+-Recent Posts

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM