It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krakow & Lviv tour  (Read 78494 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Krakow & Lviv tour
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2018, 12:31:23 PM »
Oh, wow.  I can see how she was using poor Trench.  A pack of cigarettes costs less than a pound, and a fruit drink?  The horrors!  That must have set him back almost 2 pounds!  Yup, those UW don't know their place, ripping him off to that extent.   :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It just set a bad precedent Boe, she got the table reserved so we could return. I've been there with the last girl, once you start getting strung along then there is this, then that, then also that, etc.

The place is full of trams & busses so I reckon her taxi story was bull. I reckon she would have gotten me not just to buy cigarettes (which I can do without as I don't smoke) but doubtless more drink, probably a meal, she was talking nightclub at one point so maybe, etc, etc.

The fact that she was pressing me to pay for cigarettes was a bad sign to me. It starts of small or on thing then rolls on. Not for me.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2018, 12:33:43 PM »
The problem being she will tell other UW that Brits are stingy  ((

Better they get told we're stingy than fools ;D Besides I was already generous enough with her drink so she didn't lose out.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
Thing is from her I wasn't getting the Inquisition either online or in person. Neither did I actually know that much about her or even have her number. All the messaging was done on the dating site and even then very little info, background stuff was exchanged either way. For me not a great sign really.

Offline Nightwish

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »

It just set a bad precedent Boe, she got the table reserved so we could return. I've been there with the last girl, once you start getting strung along then there is this, then that, then also that, etc.

The place is full of trams & busses so I reckon her taxi story was bull. I reckon she would have gotten me not just to buy cigarettes (which I can do without as I don't smoke) but doubtless more drink, probably a meal, she was talking nightclub at one point so maybe, etc, etc.

The fact that she was pressing me to pay for cigarettes was a bad sign to me. It starts of small or on thing then rolls on. Not for me.
Better they get told we're stingy than fools ;D Besides I was already generous enough with her drink so she didn't lose out.

Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't this a girl you asked out on a date?

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »
Correct me if I am wrong, wasn't this a girl you asked out on a date?

Yes I did, I said will have a drink together, that is it. I'm not going to be marched up and down the street and told to buy this or that for her. It's not the type of personality I want.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
Yes I did, I said will have a drink together, that is it. I'm not going to be marched up and down the street and told to buy this or that for her. It's not the type of personality I want.

ok, so - one drink together, you were clear about this fact, not a date per se, but just a (1-2) drink and then home.
Just trying to understand your thought process here.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »
ok, so - one drink together, you were clear about this fact, not a date per se, but just a (1-2) drink and then home.
Just trying to understand your thought process here.

Yes that is correct.

Put it this way, if we known each other a while then maybe not so bad, but it was more the statement that she tells me I am buying her cigarettes.

She stated a taxi there cost her 200 UAH, don't that but even so she would no don't expect me to pay for taxi back and the rest.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:12:13 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »
She didn't exactly seem distraught over how to get back either. So I'm guessing she had money on her alright. She stated she had none after paying the taxi, lol. I know the taxi from the train station is about 100 UAH and if course she can call it up cheaper. I just don't see any milage in a relationship where a woman tries to dupe you and tells you to pay for stuff for her.

She also showed me some photos of expensive shoes & jewellery while she was on holiday. Another not good sign for me. To be honest I sensed her as perhaps less genuine than the last girl.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »
Trench

You do realise you might as well be posting how NOT to go about dating in the FSU ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:28:38 PM by msmob »

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:50 PM »
Yes that is correct.

Put it this way, if we known each other a while then maybe not so bad, but it was more the statement that she tells me I am buying her cigarettes.

She stated a taxi there coat her 200 UAH, don't that but even so she would no don't expect me to pah for taxi back and the rest.

I know you are expecting me to bash you, and I am not going to, you decide the settings for your dates, why you walk away or don't is your decision. I would guess if you walked away so easy from this one, the sparks wasn't really there.

Just make sure you understand what the ladies expect when you ask them out.

If we do this is theoretical.
If I ask a woman out for a date, ie. "will you do me the honor and meet me for a drink"
That is for me an invite to a date, what comes after that first drink, only time could tell, more drinks, a meal, visiting a nightclub, anything she and I wanted to do would be included but I would expect to take 100% of the bill regardless of what she wanted to have, including smokes. And pay for her coming and going. </end theoretical>

Now you say you did not make such invite, and will take your word for that, but maybe the lady here did expect this.. and in her defense if so, yes you should pay for "everything" included in that date, as you been told many times before.

Now I have no idea how good she spoke English, but always keep in mind that most people that are not native speaking, a lot is lost in nuances of the language, how you express certain words and meanings.. I can't even find the word I am thinking of here, but I hope you understand what I mean, everything has an impact in how much she really understand even if she speaks "good english"

Anyway, I think you should have hold out for a little while longer, even if the fireworks didn't go off, you had nothing else to do, it would have cost you maybe $10 more... but you would have gotten more experience talking and interacting with a woman, of which you need a lot.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »
It’s a lost cause. He will never have enough trust to be successful.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Blighty

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:50 PM »
@Trenchcoat You are again being unclear about expressing yourself! I think that you are seeking a woman who is careful with money, and who will always spend your money wisely. Such women do exist! My wife is a prime example, and has always spent our money carefully. I know that my wife never had much money before meeting me, and has not changed her spending habits following our marriage. It is just the way that she is programmed. I noticed this attribute on our first meeting, when she would only eat the cheapest item on the restaurant menu. Such women do exist, and I was lucky to meet my wife on my first trip to Ukraine.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »
I know you are expecting me to bash you, and I am not going to, you decide the settings for your dates, why you walk away or don't is your decision. I would guess if you walked away so easy from this one, the sparks wasn't really there.

Just make sure you understand what the ladies expect when you ask them out.

If we do this is theoretical.
If I ask a woman out for a date, ie. "will you do me the honor and meet me for a drink"
That is for me an invite to a date, what comes after that first drink, only time could tell, more drinks, a meal, visiting a nightclub, anything she and I wanted to do would be included but I would expect to take 100% of the bill regardless of what she wanted to have, including smokes. And pay for her coming and going. </end theoretical>

Now you say you did not make such invite, and will take your word for that, but maybe the lady here did expect this.. and in her defense if so, yes you should pay for "everything" included in that date, as you been told many times before.

Now I have no idea how good she spoke English, but always keep in mind that most people that are not native speaking, a lot is lost in nuances of the language, how you express certain words and meanings.. I can't even find the word I am thinking of here, but I hope you understand what I mean, everything has an impact in how much she really understand even if she speaks "good english"

Anyway, I think you should have hold out for a little while longer, even if the fireworks didn't go off, you had nothing else to do, it would have cost you maybe $10 more... but you would have gotten more experience talking and interacting with a woman, of which you need a lot.

I disagree, I pay for drinks as stated, if it's more actual dating than a meet I will pay for food & any entertainment or if I stated that up front. As a first time meet I do not include cigarettes in that.

I never agreed to pay taxi expenses out there if this was even the case. I would only pay it back of it was possibly unsafe to use other means and  the date didn't end early.

Even the second girl that blew me off early in Nikolaev said she would get the tram back. So she was at least genuine.

It's really a genuine girl I am looking for. She was eyeing me a little from the corner of her eye but J don't think it was genuine. I could be wrong but I would rather move on than spend time with a woman where I get 'told' to buy her this of thatand manipulated with reasons why. I've had that before so don't need it again.

Offline IvanM07

« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
I don't have as much exp as you trench, but I would compare it to a date in the US/UK. Food and Drinks are cheaper there. Average date here in the US is $50-$70 if you go somewhere nice.

As you get close to that marker on a first date I would call it off. All in she probably only costed you $20 probably?

I wouldn't have called it just yet, I understand your apprehension, I did a background check on the women I was going to visit and that helped a lot with Trust issues, being able to see their social media, employment, etc. Maybe you should do that in the future to help with any trust issues?

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »
I disagree, I pay for drinks as stated, if it's more actual dating than a meet I will pay for food & any entertainment or if I stated that up front. As a first time meet I do not include cigarettes in that.

I never agreed to pay taxi expenses out there if this was even the case. I would only pay it back of it was possibly unsafe to use other means and  the date didn't end early.
You have all the right to disagree, but you are still wrong :)

A gentleman always makes sure the lady gets home safe, and reimburse her for the ride there.
That said, 200 UAH for Taxi for a local, then she must have traveled faaar.. so I don't say you misjudged her, just that your mindset is STILL wrong about this.

Even the second girl that blew me off early in Nikolaev said she would get the tram back. So she was at least genuine.

It's really a genuine girl I am looking for. She was eyeing me a little from the corner of her eye but J don't think it was genuine. I could be wrong but I would rather move on than spend time with a woman where I get 'told' to buy her this of thatand manipulated with reasons why. I've had that before so don't need it again.
So by genuine girl, you mean "extremely careful with money" - is that how you measure a girl to see that she is genuine?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:04:41 PM by Nightwish »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
I don't have as much exp as you trench, but I would compare it to a date in the US/UK. Food and Drinks are cheaper there. Average date here in the US is $50-$70 if you go somewhere nice.

As you get close to that marker on a first date I would call it off. All in she probably only costed you $20 probably?

I wouldn't have called it just yet, I understand your apprehension, I did a background check on the women I was going to visit and that helped a lot with Trust issues, being able to see their social media, employment, etc. Maybe you should do that in the future to help with any trust issues?

I already do that but out here I can't seem to do that stuff as easy, possibly blocked sites or too slow Apartment WI-FI. The one girl I have done it on that I am quite keen on meeting I'm having difficulty getting her out of the stable. I might be able to be we'll see.

The date cost me about £12, it's not a problem for me but it's the character that is more important to me than the cost. I felt it better to press on.

Anyway to be honest at least the last girl (from last year previous to her) was more 'ask' rather than 'tell' even if she was very persistent. This one was too much trying to lead/be dominant for my liking. Plus I never really got the feeling she was that maternity minded though I never got to ask for sure my intuition told me she didn't seem so.

I'm not saying she was a scammer or me fake or horrible or anything just not the more genuine personality I would want.r) was more 'ask' rather than 'tell' even if she was very persistent. This one was to much trying to lead/be dominant for my liking. Plus I never really got the feeling she was that maternity minded though I never got to ask for sure my intuition told me she didn't seem so.

I'm not saying she was a scammer or me fake or horrible or anything just not the more genuine personality I would want.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »

Trenchcoat only has experience of how to fail in this venture! A meal with my wife in Ukraine has never cost more than £20, and that includes after we married when she was choosing two course meals. My wife has always thought that anything costing 350 UAH was a lot of money. I have re-programmed her into thinking that is only "a tenner" in Sterling terms!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
You have all the right to disagree, but you are still wrong :)

A gentleman always makes sure the lady gets home safe, and reimburse her for the ride there.
That said, 200 UAH for Taxi for a local, then she must have traveled faaar.. so I don't say you misjudged her, just that your mindset is STILL wrong about this. So by genuine girl, you mean "extremely careful with money" - is that how you measure a girl to see that she is genuine?

Exactly ;) on the taxi issue. She tried the 'gentleman' line but I've been suckered in like that before. Once they see they have a hook they will ride it all the way. I don't really care about the being a gentleman routine. I will try to be polite and decent and open the odd door when convenient but that's me done, I'm done with being taken as a mug in fear of not being seen as a gentleman, lol.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2018, 02:20:48 PM »
Trenchcoat only has experience of how to fail in this venture! A meal with my wife in Ukraine has never cost more than £20, and that includes after we married when she was choosing two course meals. My wife has always thought that anything costing 350 UAH was a lot of money. I have re-programmed her into thinking that is only "a tenner" in Sterling terms!

You've done yourself a diservice Blighty ;D Danger there would be if you actually ended up causing problems in your relationship, i.e if she started getting more & more materialistic.

Well she would have thought my 410 ghrvina for a bottle of wine & a strawberry shake was a lot of money too :) Now that's more the type of person I need! It seemed a reasonably nice/slightly posh restaurant too.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »
Exactly ;) on the taxi issue. She tried the 'gentleman' line but I've been suckered in like that before. Once they see they have a hook they will ride it all the way. I don't really care about the being a gentleman routine. I will try to be polite and decent and open the odd door when convenient but that's me done, I'm done with being taken as a mug in fear of not being seen as a gentleman, lol.

These women are looking for some Old World Charm, and expect that from us Englishmen. I conform to their expectations, but you seem to fail in that area. This is one of the reasons that you are failing in this venture. If you did not want to buy her some fags then you should have refused on health grounds rather then meanness.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »
The obsession with money and being taken "advantage of" tells me he will never succeed.  It is not about the money.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:28:23 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Blighty

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2018, 02:30:15 PM »
You've done yourself a diservice Blighty ;D Danger there would be if you actually ended up causing problems in your relationship, i.e if she started getting more & more materialistic.

Well she would have thought my 410 ghrvina for a bottle of wine & a strawberry shake was a lot of money too :) Now that's more the type of person I need! It seemed a reasonably nice/slightly posh restaurant too.

Don't worry my wife is only materialistic when it comes to foreign travel, and then she only likes to stay in apartments as hotels are "too expensive". She knows all about my finances and understands the need for us to spend our money wisely.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2018, 02:31:51 PM »
The obsession with money and being taken "advantage" tells me he will never succeed.  It is not about the money.

I agree it is not about the money it's but the character, etc. It's also about how money us felt with in a relationship, in which in this case it would have been the wrong way.

I think there is a reason why many local guys have passed over these girls and it's because they are no good. Maybe in an industrial dumpsk city stuck out in the middle of nowhere girls exist who are single because the men have had enough & done themselves in, maybe there.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2018, 02:33:05 PM »
Don't worry my wife is only materialistic when it comes to foreign travel, and then she only likes to stay in apartments as hotels are "too expensive". She knows all about my finances and understands the need for us to spend our money wisely.

Now that's what I really need :D

Offline LAman

« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »

Why do you bitch about everything? You complain you are not able to get a date, then when you do get a date you complain about spending money...…. again, you want your money's worth( same as one of previous girls)!!!

Anytime you ask a girl on date you pay for her, if she is extravagant so be it, finish the date like you have class and if you are not comfortable or interested don't meet her again.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM