It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Transnistria claimed Ukraine mortared them...  (Read 2806 times)

Offline iceshaft07

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Transnistria claimed Ukraine mortared them...
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »
I'm not sure if that has been mentioned yet...

Transnistria recently claimed that Ukraine has mortared them. A week later, they called everyone, 18-27 for mandatory military service, and are mobilizing 80,000 troops.

http://liveuamap.com/en/2015/20-july-transnistria-drafts-all-boys-from-1827-yrs-calls?ll=46.85033;29.62669&zoom=8

http://www.odessatalk.com/2015/07/meanwhile-in-transnistria-mobilization/

Speculation is that Odessa is next. What do you all think?

Offline Donhollio

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Transnistria claimed Ukraine mortared them...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
Putin won't stop until Putin is stopped. Who and when is anybody's guess.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 08:38:58 PM »
I am certain Huilo wants to take Odessa using the men from Transnistria as cannon fodder.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 09:45:24 PM »

Offline southernX

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »
Moldova has a quasi-legal pro-Moscow breakaway region known as Transnistria on its border with Ukraine. In May, Ukraine voted to discontinue military cooperation with Russia, ending the transit rights of Russian soldiers looking to go through Ukraine to reach Transnistria, where Russia has stationed about 1,500 troops and conducted military exercises of its own.
In recent months, Transnistrian officials and public figures have warned of a military buildup along their Ukrainian border. Russian media have alleged that Kiev is setting up missile defense systems, troops and artillery along the border. Transnistrian Deputy Foreign Minister Vitaly Ignatyev warned in June that war was imminent..
http://www.ibtimes.com/moldova-begins-military-exercises-us-eu-troops-amid-russia-fears-2015243

there the answer in those two lines above
they have been talking this up  long before anything happens , while quitely preparing for it to make it happen

again russia is flying a maskirovka ''it isnt us operation '' to test what the west /EU will do if anything and it also will tie up additional troops within ukraine , thus enabling a push to mariupol if he desires before autumm , making it possible for small unfit /forces to be succesfull in making that crimean land bridge a reality in the future

SX
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:47:59 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 05:40:59 AM »
Moldova has a quasi-legal pro-Moscow breakaway region known as Transnistria on its border with Ukraine. In May, Ukraine voted to discontinue military cooperation with Russia, ending the transit rights of Russian soldiers looking to go through Ukraine to reach Transnistria, where Russia has stationed about 1,500 troops and conducted military exercises of its own.

So boo-hoo!  The Russian troops now have to find some other way to get to Transnistria - perhaps by sea or air to Moldova.  Oh, wait - that wouldn't work because the Moldovans would arrest the Russians for not having the correct visas!

In recent months, Transnistrian officials and public figures have warned of a military buildup along their Ukrainian border. Russian media have alleged that Kiev is setting up missile defense systems, troops and artillery along the border.

And why shouldn't they?  Is this any different from what Russia is doing on its own Western border with Ukraine (in much greater numbers)?

Transnistrian Deputy Foreign Minister Vitaly Ignatyev warned in June that war was imminent..

Yeah, right.  Transnistria is recognised by as many countries as the Donetsk and Lugansk Peoples' Republics, and this "Deputy Foreign Minister" is as worthy of such a title as a lump of cabbage.

there the answer in those two lines above
they have been talking this up  long before anything happens , while quitely preparing for it to make it happen

again russia is flying a maskirovka ''it isnt us operation '' to test what the west /EU will do if anything and it also will tie up additional troops within ukraine , thus enabling a push to mariupol if he desires before autumm , making it possible for small unfit /forces to be succesfull in making that crimean land bridge a reality in the future.

He may struggle with the run into Mariupol - according to today's war map, the front line seems to have retreated somewhat, back towards Donetsk.

Offline southernX

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
AK  ;D ;D ;D ;D

mate , relax a little

im not saying i agree with the article i quoted,

merely pointing out it is being used as propoganda by russia for their next violation on ukraine
russia has been setting the stage for months to ''justify ''any new aggression by themselves or their proxys on ukraines sovereignty

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »
AK  ;D ;D ;D ;D

mate , relax a little

im not saying i agree with the article i quoted,

merely pointing out it is being used as propoganda by russia for their next violation on ukraine
russia has been setting the stage for months to ''justify ''any new aggression by themselves or their proxys on ukraines sovereignty

SX

I'm relaxed ... really ... well, maybe not completely.  ;D

I'm just struggling so hard to find any reason at all why the Western leaders can't (or won't) recognise what is being done by Russia on all sides of Ukraine.  Surely Merkel, Hollande, Obama, Cameron and all the rest aren't stupid enough to be swayed by all the troll arguments.

Offline southernX

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 08:45:37 PM »
I'm relaxed ... really ... well, maybe not completely. 

;D ;D ;D all  good , cause you live longer and happeir when your relaxed lol

I'm just struggling so hard to find any reason at all why the Western leaders can't (or won't) recognise what is being done by Russia on all sides of Ukraine
arent we all ??
i mean we have family right in the zone , having been there and crimea it still really frustrates the shite out of me at the lack of direct action , more even than  i think my wife at times !!!

thing is i truly believe they know , the issue is with so many invlolved in NATO and the EU none of them value ukraine enough to actually decide on a strong course of action in case it leads directly to war with russia
imo the US is then left with  a weaker , less aggressive president who also does not wish to be the direct   causator of war, he sees his legacy as a peacemaker

regardless of russia being an open agressor in ukraine , no one wants ww3
so unless putin openly invades ukraine this charade of  BS will continue into a stalemate of some sort over time i think untill putin is dead or replaced, then maybe a new regime will alter its policy etc

this mortars in moldova is purely  putin starting another BS proxy campaign agsinst ukraine on another front , imo

SX

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 12:50:36 AM »
Good points by both of you gentlemen.

Many of the same "rebel leaders" of Eastern Ukraine were previously part of the "little green men" of Crimea, and before that they were active in Transnistria, and before that in Chechnya. A few of them are no strangers to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as well. Perhaps merely out on vacation in neighboring countries with their family tanks and their teenagers BUK systems.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541318
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701