It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Interview for pmv300 visa next week.  (Read 3615 times)

Offline buzz71april

Interview for pmv300 visa next week.
« on: October 15, 2014, 03:11:01 AM »
Hi people
We have just been advised that our interview for the visa will be conducted next week in moscow.
We lodged in June, ,medicals done late august and now interview. I was wondering if anyone has any insights to the interview questions and what to expect.?
Has anyone been interviewed recently in moscow office?
Assuming it all goes well and they have as far as I know all the documentation required what are the prospects of having it granted before Christmas this year? Has anyone recently had their interview and how long until visa granted?

Ant feedback would be appreciated.

Regards
Buzz

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Interview for pmv300 visa next week.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:08:20 PM »
Current info on this should on Visa Journey.

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:28:41 AM »
Hi thanks for the info. i looked at that forum but it seems to mainly pertain to US visas. I am in Australia.
Regards

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 08:40:03 PM »
Hi all

Just thought i would give an update. Visa interview conducted yesterday. from all accounts from my fiance she thought it didn't go so well The interviewer really took her to task and demanded she know some answers like the date we engaged the lawyer. She honestly couldn't remember. She also demanded the first lawyer( we used online service to help with the tourist visa last year) but then i used a local lawyer / immi agent to do the pmv300 as he is close to me and better to deal with someone face to face. She hammered her over why she didnt spend 6 months in Australia last year and seemed to go down the line that we had not  spent enough time together in person. I hope that she was doing her job to see if she flinched but she wasnt interested in any more photos she took to the interview, or our last 6 months of skype chats( 80 odd pages). She also demanded to know why she didnt know my start date at current job I had to look it up myself. She also scoffed at her when she said she accepted my proposal last year in OZ. She said what you didnt wait to think about it. All in all a pretty frustrating experience and my girl was pretty upset. I know  other people here have stated they have had pretty harsh interviews but it seems she was on her case. I hope that she was trying to see if she is genuine which we are but thought i would share the experience. She also asked at the end how long it might take for the visa if it is granted and she said 12 months. mmm i guess now we wait. we are going to apply for another tourist visa now but wow we were both pretty excited at the prospect of interview now after lodging in mid-june. Anyone have some input or thoughts feel free to share.

buzz

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Buzz,

I know nothing about the Oz process, yet this does not sound good. 

I realize the political connections between Australia and Russia are strained, and I wonder if the political situation affects cases such as yours.  If so, this is throwing the baby out with the bath water. 

I hope you receive some clarity and I wish that your fiancée can soon join you in Oz.

Offline sleepycat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:23:41 AM »
The interviewer really took her to task and demanded she know some answers

Looks like the interviewing officer shirt fronted the fiancée just like what the Australian Prime Minister threaten to do to Putin at the upcoming G20!

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
My Fiance used to be a professional athlete so a shirtfront she would have won hands down :) My lawyer thinks it is nothing to worry about but i expect that when our partners are being interviewed for an visa at our Australian Embassy that they are treated with respect and professionalism and she was interviewed by only one person which i have heard there are usually two people present. They have service standards and it is no good if they are just nominal at the discretion of the interviewer. If we get any grief about the visa i will be lodging a formal complaint.

regards
buzz

Offline southernX

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
I realize the political connections between Australia and Russia are strained, and I wonder if the political situation affects cases such as yours.  If so, this is throwing the baby out with the bath water. 

id say thats a  high possibility ,
local people are usually employed at the embassy , she may have copped a bit of interviewer personalised feelings mixed in with the interview process

two has been the norm for an interview in recent years due to issues with respect and justice to candidates being interviewed, IMMI placed second person in to manage the balance, they should be rigourous , but respectful

highly likely given the political tensions , there will be strong feeling among locals towards those who may wish to leave ,
given you applied in june buzz , id say you could be waiting anywhere from dec -may for a result ,
all depends on how busy they are , who is on leave ,if they discover they have lost any files ,  xmas aproaching etc etc ,

medicals are done ?

best of luck , if your evidence is solid , you should be succesful , keep the faith , and plan with that in mind mate !!!

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline buzz71april

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »
Hi again

Yes medicals were done in August 2014. I had a chat to my lawyer and federal member again today and they were both sympathetic and advised to flag the issues now and they will put it on file incase we need to come back to it down the track. For now we will cool our heels and wait. Another tourist visa app is now well and truly underway. Hopefully she will be here to spend christmas as we have planned with a tourist visa then wait for the outcome. I am not really concerned that they could refuse as our application is genuine and solid and it is not up to the discretion of the interviewer. They have to have serious issues to refuse as the Immi act allows for decisions based on the ACT and not the mood of an interviewer. That is what i have been told my lawyer and federal member. Of course i will update with any news. Thanks for all the responses.

regards
buzz

Offline southernX

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
buzz, yep your onto it mate  ;)

best wishes
SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
Hello Buzz, any news, updates?

Is the PMV Subclass 300 an online application or a paper based one through the Moscow Embassy?

Cheers and good luck  :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1908
Total: 1919

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM