It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prevalence of Interracial Relationships  (Read 15192 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Prevalence of Interracial Relationships
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »
Yes, I agree. It should be named 'Trenchcoat, the ultimate British Playboy'...of maybe 'Googler Central'...or, 'My Love Affair with the Bottle. Confessions of an Irish sailor'...

Best yet...'Make Europe Great Again! Hug a Migrant!'...
How about MEGA MAGA?

Make Europe Great Again by Making America Great Again

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 02:46:04 PM »

Best yet...'Make Europe Great Again! Hug a Migrant!'...

MEGA HAM ?

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 02:55:50 PM »
You’re obviously selective in comprehending what any reader of simple English would pick up in the blink of an eye. 

"happy clappy inter racial relationships a la tanned fuzzy haired  smiling kids are the norm."

What I read here is some disdain.   

Go and sit in front of your Telly and observe. It’ll soon be apparent. That’s your homework. Now run along or it’ll be 6 of the best for you.
Don't need your 'homework' assignment.  I'm not bothered by seeing the kids of interracial couples.  Where you live it may be abnormal, but in many other places it is routine, and gaining steam. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
I think it is great that there is a growing number of advertisements that feature interracial couples...

While it is not the current majority, these type of couples have been suppressed for so long that perhaps some over exposure (proportionate compared to their actual numbers) is warranted.   Is this the PC advertising of the future?  Who knows?   

I find it ironic that you, John Gaunt, are having this discussion with Fathertime and GQ Blues.   Fathertime is married to a woman from South America and GQ Blues is a man of Filippino descent, married to a woman from Russia.  And we are all on a forum which, has as its stated purpose, the union of people from one continent or country to another.

As a society, I hope we further embrace children with heads, fuzzy or otherwise.  We need to further eliminate the barriers of race.   And that includes marriages of people with different skin hues.   Personally, I contemplated many different cultures and races prior to my initial foray into Eastern Europe. 

I believe that within two generations we will no longer be having these discussions.  And we will be better for it.

In a couple generations there will be some holdovers that find interracial couples repulsive to see on TV or otherwise, but the number will continue to decline. 

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 03:17:17 PM »
Here is a little factoid that I once again 'googled'.   :D   

Interracial marriage versus cohabitation
In the United States, rates of interracial cohabitation are significantly higher than those of marriage. Although only 7% of married African American men have European American wives, 12.5% of cohabitating African American men have European American partners. 25% of married Asian American women have European spouses, but 45% of cohabitating Asian American women are with European American men—higher than the percentage cohabiting with Asian men (less than 43%).[49] Of cohabiting Asian men, slightly over 37% of Asian men have white female partners and over 10% married to white women.[50] These numbers suggest that the prevalence of intimate interracial contact is around double that of what is represented by marriage data.

More people than I originally thought were in interracial relationships.  I hadn't given it that much thought until this thread erupted.  Over 1/2 of the children born in the US nowadays are from various minority groups, that audience will be catered to in the years to come. 

Fathertime!   

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 03:39:40 PM »
You may know a lot in your circle of acquaintances but does that translate across an entire population?
Highly improbable.
It’s most certainly not the norm.
You’re also lumping inter-national and inter-racial relationships into the same basket.
They are quite different animals.
You might want to see the world turn a shade of brown but I quite like the differences amongst people.

[/size] I have lived in American south for  17 years (Texas is technically south, but other states were NC, AL, FL) and every now and then I see inter-ratial couples but not too many of them, which makes me think  John Gaunt is correct. [size=78%]
Kaplah!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
Here is a little factoid that I once again 'googled'.   :D   

::::GASP!:::: Repent!

Anyway, I thought this was a serious discussion until you start populating threads with silly things like 'European American' African American', 'Asian American'...those aren't 'races'. Technically, they're more descriptive of 'continents'...

Races are, depends on which you subscribe to: Caucasoids, Negroids, Mongoloids, Australoids, and of course you have what is recently classified as Sexoid...which is where I belong in. I think there's only 3 of us that exist.

Ethnicity is a whole different stew, just as cultures will be.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
More people than I originally thought were in interracial relationships.  I hadn't given it that much thought until this thread erupted.  Over 1/2 of the children born in the US nowadays are from various minority groups, that audience will be catered to in the years to come.
Noted. I have noticed that in the endeavor to homogenize society, TV commercials are increasingly engaged in the effort.
I have also seen some gay relationship type ads [so as to not leave anyone out] In this clip... 8:11-8:22 Girls together--boys together [with 'their' child]

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
::::GASP!:::: Repent!

Anyway, I thought this was a serious discussion until you start populating threads with silly things like 'European American' African American', 'Asian American'...those aren't 'races'. Technically, they're more descriptive of 'continents'...

Races are, depends on which you subscribe to: Caucasoids, Negroids, Mongoloids, Australoids, and of course you have what is recently classified as Sexoid...which is where I belong in. I think there's only 3 of us that exist.

Ethnicity is a whole different stew, just as cultures will be.

I was just trying to google pertinent information!   :D

The link did use european asian african etc etc.  Who knows what is what and aside from john gaunt who really should care?   There a lot of mixed race children and adults out there and more to come.

Fathertime!   

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 07:41:06 PM »
How would you like the media to portray the children of inter racial relationships?   Believe it or not the kids produced are just like any other children.

Fathertime, that is false.  Very, very few children of interracial relationships are like other kids.  They look like other kids, but they are NOT like other kids.

IQ is heritable, and IQ distributions between races is wildly different.
The average African American has an IQ of 85.  That means that around 85% of African-American kids have less brains than the average white kid.
Sub-Saharan Africans have an average IQ of 70, which is considered borderline retarded, and in the US, you can get Social Security Disability for having an IQ that low.
Middle Eastern Arabs have an IQ about 80.
Mexicans and Latinos have an average IQ about 90.
Whites have an average IQ of 100.
Asians are about 105.
Ashkenazi Jews are 112-115 (which is why there are so many Jewish geniuses.  A small shift at the middle of the bell curve of the IQ distribution has big effects at the tails where the geniuses are located.)

Depending on what races are in the interracial relationship can have very real, noticeable differences in the IQ of the children. (And IQ is the single biggest predictor of life success.)

Show me how you reach the conclusion that the minority is being portrayed as the majority.

Fathertime, I'll give you an example.  The media portrays blacks as being smart and successful.  Very few blacks are smart and successful.  The average African American has an IQ of 85.  I've worked around some.  The average is a complete idiot.  (And Immigrants from Africa are a nightmare, they have extreme difficulties with the most basic tasks.)

The US military will not accept anyone who has an IQ less than 83, because they have learned that no amount of training can make them useful.  And if we realize that the military is a rough approximation of the jobs in society, that means there are no jobs for roughly 15% of the population. (which ironically, is the percentage of people on food stamps.)

Keep in mind that an IQ of 80 or below is unable to follow written instructions.  That's about 10% of the population.

Racial differences are very real.  Blacks dominate sports, but very few become successful at it.  Whites and Asians dominate things that require cognitive function.

Offline jone

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »
My God, Bee Farmer,

You could have quoted that from the James Michner novel, Chesapeake.   In it, he describes the attributes of various cultural groups as seen through the eyes of Southerners prior to the Civil War.   I won't elaborate as your vivid descriptions outlines your racial bigotry without assistance from anyone on the forum.   

You are a sad, pathetic, little man.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
Depending on what races are in the interracial relationship can have very real, noticeable differences in the IQ of the children. (And IQ is the single biggest predictor of life success.)
Are there any supporting site or links to all that? It all sounds somewhat 'brown shirt' and you might review the forum rules also.
You agree to refrain from posting any ethnic, racial, religious, or political commentary which is not directly related to the theme of this site and/or which may be interpreted by others as being offensive or insulting.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life is a 1994 book by psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein

would be my guess for his source

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2018, 08:38:02 PM »
Bee Farmer was not making up those statistics.

THIRTY YEARS OF RESEARCH ON RACE DIFFERENCES IN COGNITIVE ABILITY
J. Philippe Rushton, The University of Western Ontario
Arthur R. Jensen, University of California, Berkeley

The study also found that the average IQ for African Americans was
lower than those for Latino, White, Asian, and Jewish Americans (85, 89, 103,
106, and 113, respectively; Herrnstein & Murray, 1994, pp. 273–278).
Currently, the 1.1 standard deviation difference in average IQ between Blacks
and Whites in the United States is not in itself a matter of empirical dispute.
A meta-analytic review by Roth, Bevier, Bobko, Switzer, and Tyler (2001) showed
it also holds for college and university application tests such as the Scholastic
Aptitude Test (SAT; N  2.4 million) and the Graduate Record Examination
(GRE; N  2.3 million), as well as for tests for job applicants in corporate settings
(N  0.5 million) and in the military (N  0.4 million). Because test scores are
the best predictor of economic success in Western society (Schmidt & Hunter,
1998), these group differences have important societal outcomes (R. A. Gordon,
1997; Gottfredson, 1997).
The question that still remains is whether the cause of group differences in
average IQ is purely social, economic, and cultural or whether genetic factors are
also involved.

http://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

- - - - - - - - -

In an earlier time period I read several studies on this topic.
There are several empirical studies which show there are statistically significant differences in the IQ scores for various groups.
There are many articles that contend that there are flaws in the empirical studies.

I suspect it is a pull between the research results and PC.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:50:08 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2018, 08:59:52 PM »
Those who oppose giving any reliance to IQ type tests claim that such tests are biased against those who are raised in family units where parents do not read to children, do not hold dinner table discussions about current topics, etc., etc.

However, there are IQ tests which do not at all involve reading ability, strength of vocabulary, cultural experiences, etc.

For instance look at the questions involved in the below referenced test.
The questions only focus on the ability to recognize patterns and predict the logical patterns which should follow.

http://iqtestnow.org/iq-test-pro?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqImj6b_V3gIVVTRpCh0JFQ3QEAAYASAAEgLGF_D_BwE
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »
No, ML,

Cognitive ability is directly correlated to stimulation between the ages of two and five.  While there are some associative studies, the only successful way of comparing ethnic groups is to put them in the same environment with the same stimulation.  Surely you are not deficient in understanding the desire to lump ethnic groups together without qualifying the data?   It is like saying that the slaves owned by the Southern plantation owners could not read because their brains weren't big enough. 

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »
My God, Bee Farmer,

You could have quoted that from the James Michner novel, Chesapeake.   In it, he describes the attributes of various cultural groups as seen through the eyes of Southerners prior to the Civil War.   I won't elaborate as your vivid descriptions outlines your racial bigotry without assistance from anyone on the forum.   

n.

Good post Jone -- but I hope  it was not just now that you realised  this --- "You are a sad, pathetic, little man"

btw -- whose God are you referencing? Yours or B f......s ?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »
My God,

At the time when god decided to make ‘man’, he readied his divine pot, sprinkled the pot with holy stew. He lit the fire from under, then waited through the 7th day. Once done he pulled the man from the pot and whispered, “No. Too soon” threw the white man to the side.

Next day he started again. Same process except making sure this time around he won’t be too anxious. Waited and waited and when he felt the right time had come, he pulled and black man and knew he had waited much too long.

But god knew that good things come to those willing to learn, and patience after all is a golden virtue. So carefully he repeated the process except this time he fully devoted his attention, love and care into what he had always hoped to create. The heavenly angels sang in chorus letting him know - it was time. When god saw what he created this time, he knew it was perfection! He said, “ I will call you Filipino!”

Google that!
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2018, 12:27:40 AM »
Considering how many posts are about 'Trampu' - I guess you were not being serious ? ;)

Offline BC

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 01:55:18 AM »
When I was born, Jim Crow laws still existed. Folks ate, drank and pissed in different facilities, rode in different parts of busses. Yes, there were even lynchings. The fight for equality reaching it's peak. Landmark rulings by SCOTUS regarding equality. Desegregation of schools. For hundreds of years the white man did everything possible to repress anyone that wasn't white, even limiting education.

Although much has improved, there is still a long way to go.  I still see the remains of segregation every time I take a trip back to the US.

I was fortunate that to grow up overseas on US military bases where none of this existed.  All were equal, with equal opportunity.  There were smart kids and there were not so smart kids and that was that.  My thoughts were not tinged by racist views.  A persons color was the last thing we kids thought about.  My cousins at home did not have it so good.  Even today there are some I consider racist.

Most of the folks around here are more or less my age and have the same color skin as I have.  Look at your birth certificates, old drivers license, maybe even newer one to see if Race: appears and ask yourself why... 

Reading some of the remarks above, I cringe.  I feel sorry for you that you were not given the same opportunities I had while growing up.  And yes, I feel sorry for your kids that inherit your views.

As far as IQ goes, the I can also stand for 'Ignorance', even 'Idiot' and for some of you reading this the Quotient number is pretty damned high.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2018, 06:28:28 AM »
Fathertime, that is false.  Very, very few children of interracial relationships are like other kids.  They look like other kids, but they are NOT like other kids.

IQ is heritable, and IQ distributions between races is wildly different.
The average African American has an IQ of 85.  That means that around 85% of African-American kids have less brains than the average white kid.
Sub-Saharan Africans have an average IQ of 70, which is considered borderline retarded, and in the US, you can get Social Security Disability for having an IQ that low.
Middle Eastern Arabs have an IQ about 80.
Mexicans and Latinos have an average IQ about 90.
Whites have an average IQ of 100.
Asians are about 105.
Ashkenazi Jews are 112-115 (which is why there are so many Jewish geniuses.  A small shift at the middle of the bell curve of the IQ distribution has big effects at the tails where the geniuses are located.)

Fathertime, I'll give you an example.  The media portrays blacks as being smart and successful.  Very few blacks are smart and successful.  The average African American has an IQ of 85.  I've worked around some.  The average is a complete idiot.  (And Immigrants from Africa are a nightmare, they have extreme difficulties with the most basic tasks.)

The US military will not accept anyone who has an IQ less than 83, because they have learned that no amount of training can make them useful.  And if we realize that the military is a rough approximation of the jobs in society, that means there are no jobs for roughly 15% of the population. (which ironically, is the percentage of people on food stamps.)

Keep in mind that an IQ of 80 or below is unable to follow written instructions.  That's about 10% of the population.

Racial differences are very real.  Blacks dominate sports, but very few become successful at it.  Whites and Asians dominate things that require cognitive function.

I see where you are coming from.   You are not alone, there are many in the US that believe the same as you do. I do not agree with what you stated about babies being 'different' in the respect you stated. 

Personally I don't put as much stock in the studies you are using.  Social and environmental factors are a big factor.   Not to say there are some differences, but my belief is the brush you are using is too broad.     

Drug use marijuana use is a big factor in what individuals functional IQ is, and drugs are used by a huge portion of the US population. 

Fathertime! 

Offline rwd123

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2018, 06:45:30 AM »
Cognitive ability is directly correlated to stimulation between the ages of two and five.
That's where bilingual or multi-lingual couples can be of benefit to children. Brain development is enhanced when they are constantly exposed to two or more languages. If you get hooked up with a FSUW don't drop the language(s)!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2018, 08:06:53 AM »
When I was born, Jim Crow laws still existed. Folks ate, drank and pissed in different facilities, rode in different parts of busses. Yes, there were even lynchings. The fight for equality reaching it's peak. Landmark rulings by SCOTUS regarding equality. Desegregation of schools. For hundreds of years the white man did everything possible to repress anyone that wasn't white, even limiting education.

Although much has improved, there is still a long way to go.  I still see the remains of segregation every time I take a trip back to the US.

I was fortunate that to grow up overseas on US military bases where none of this existed.  All were equal, with equal opportunity.  There were smart kids and there were not so smart kids and that was that.  My thoughts were not tinged by racist views.  A persons color was the last thing we kids thought about.  My cousins at home did not have it so good.  Even today there are some I consider racist.

Most of the folks around here are more or less my age and have the same color skin as I have.  Look at your birth certificates, old drivers license, maybe even newer one to see if Race: appears and ask yourself why... 

Reading some of the remarks above, I cringe.  I feel sorry for you that you were not given the same opportunities I had while growing up.  And yes, I feel sorry for your kids that inherit your views.

As far as IQ goes, the I can also stand for 'Ignorance', even 'Idiot' and for some of you reading this the Quotient number is pretty damned high.

Well, speaking of being as racist a post as any other, our esteemed member BC is certainly speaking from a perspective and opinion of someone who, by his own admission, hardly grew up in and lived in the society he speaks of. Unlike BC however, I spent the majority of my life living in the United States of America as a 'person of color'. That said, my personal perspective is completely polarized from him. With the exception of an admission counselor in a California university, I have never experienced being discriminated upon by anyone or anything my entire life living here.

Yes folks, affirmative action was a heinous process of blatant  discrimination.

BC's post is a tired ol' Democrat talking point. Racism was politicized by Democrats to elevate their party. They promote equality in our system by making sure black people continue to live in the idea they are oppressed, victim mentality, and the Democrats stands behind them to freely support their every facets of life. Literally. The Democrat's social experiment is a political apocalypse for black folks.

Every person, no matter your ethnicity, no matter what culture you were brought up in, have prejudices. I admit I do. When 15% of a society's population commit the very vast majority of violent crimes, you begin to harness a prejudicial, or predisposed, knowledge to prevent any situation that could subject you to such violence. That doesn't mean I am racist and I don't give a rat's arse if snowflakes insist I am because I know they tote the same lines I do. They'd be the first one making sure they stay away from predominantly black neighborhood like south central, Compton, north Long Beach, Ferguson, Baltimore, etc...A reality, someone like BC, didn't have to live under nor personally witnessed apparently.

The election of Obama deepened the divide in our society. Not just from a political standpoint, but more importantly from a 'racial' standpoint. That was the ultimate plan. Obama's advancement of racial tension keyed from Henrietta Hughes, to Cambridge police/Gates' incident, to the Trayvon Martin case, to Ferguson Michael Brown's matter, all they way down to the Dallas police massacre. He made sure America be further racially divided even after his term. Obama, for all intent and purposes, is anything BUT black. Yet he played that part to it's fullest. He's half-white and lived half of his life in a foreign country and in Hawaii who have little to no black American population. He educated himself via affirmative action. Despite his skin color, was elected POTUS.

It's so very easy for folks to call another 'racist' these days. Unlike themselves of course. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:13:39 AM by GQBlues »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2018, 08:18:10 AM »
Well, speaking of being as racist a post as any other, our esteemed member BC is certainly speaking from a perspective and opinion of someone who, by his own admission, hardly grew up in and lived in the society he speaks of. Unlike BC however, I spent the majority of my life living in the United States of America as a 'person of color'. That said, my personal perspective is completely polarized from him. With the exception of an admission counselor in a California university, I have never experienced being discriminated upon by anyone or anything my entire life living here.

Yes folks, affirmative action was a heinous process of blatant  discrimination.

BC's post is a tired ol' Democrat talking point. Racism was politicized by Democrats to elevate their party. They promote equality in our system by making sure black people continue to live in the idea they are oppressed, victim mentality, and the Democrats stands behind them to freely support their every facets of life. Literally. The Democrat's social experiment is a political apocalypse for black folks.

Every person, no matter your ethnicity, no matter what culture you were brought up in, have prejudices. I admit I do. When 15% of a society's population commit the very vast majority of violent crimes, you begin to harness a prejudicial, or predisposed, knowledge to prevent any situation that could subject you to such violence. That doesn't mean I am racist and I don't give a rat's arse if snowflakes insist I am because I know they tote the same lines I do. They'd be the first one making sure they stay away from predominantly black neighborhood like south central, Compton, north Long Beach, Ferguson, Baltimore, etc...A reality, someone like BC, didn't have to live under nor personally witnessed apparently.

The election of Obama deepened the divide in our society. Not just from a political standpoint, but more importantly from a 'racial' standpoint. That was the ultimate plan. Obama's advancement of racial tension keyed from Henrietta Hughes, to Cambridge police/Gates' incident, to the Trayvon Martin case, to Ferguson Michael Brown's matter, all they way down to the Dallas police massacre. He made sure America be further racially divided even after his term. Obama, for all intent and purposes, is anything BUT black. Yet he played that part to it's fullest. He's half-white and lived half of his life in a foreign country and in Hawaii who have little to no black American population. He educated himself via affirmative action. Despite his skin color, was elected POTUS.

It's so very easy for folks to call another 'racist' these days. Unlike themselves of course. :rolleyes:
GQB, you make some very valid points.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »

Like BC I grew up mostly in Europe, primarily in the UK but also brief periods in France and Germany and while I didn't grow up on American military bases my father and his father were both WW2 vets. My grandfather was career US Army. I heard plenty about life in Europe and Asia during the war and even prior.

The idea that racism didn't exist on American military bases in Europe is BS. The US military in Europe was made up of the same men and women who grew up in the US under Jim Crow laws. In the military the racism was somewhat more subtle than back home but it still existed and still exists to a lesser extent even today. Blacks may have ate, p*ssed and worked together but there was still plenty of segregation. During the 50s and 60s and to a lesser extent the 70s the idea of a black member of the US military dating a local European white woman would have sent many of the white men in the US military into a fit according to my dad and pops.

Blackface in the arts in Europe was for some reason more common in Europe than even in the US. Not sure why but apparently Europeans seemed to love it. It was certainly common in the 60s and 70s when I was in Europe. Much of what Monty Python did in their time wouldn't be allowed on TV in the US today.  Even John Cleese admits to that.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/09/john-cleese-monty-python-in-conversation.html

Then of course there's the European prejudice against Jews. Remember Germany prior to WW2? Kristallnacht or Reichskristallnacht also referred to as the Night of Broken Glass. Anti-Semitism. The Holocaust. Even in 50s and 60s the numbers of Jews living in Germany and the rest of Europe hadn't recovered to pre WW2 levels. With all the Muslim terror attacks and violence in France over the last few years some Jews have decided to leave France. This is happening now. Why? Doesn't sound like peace and love to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht 
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/middleeast/france-israel-jews-immigration/index.html

Finally if there's less racism in Europe why is much/most/probably almost all of Europe whiter than the US? Look up how white European countries are and compare that to the US. The UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, etc. Many of the European powers had colonies in Africa and Asia in centuries past. Why aren't those populations represented in their present day populations?

Why did Sweden and Germany say to all the migrants that they were welcome to come, live and work in their countries then when the avalanche of African migrants began the politicians changed their minds and shut it down and began deporting migrants? Why?

As for race appearing on things such as a DL, birth certificate and other documents that's true but it's changing. Some states are now offering a gender neutral DL and the same will probably happen to other state issued ID.

Here's the latest in changing reality. A Dutch man is trying to legally change his age. His reasoning is if you can legally change your gender why not your age? Next time I go to renew my DL I'm asking to change my date of birth. I'm thinking of something in the late 1970s maybe the early 1980s? My wife said she always wanted to be with a younger man.   

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2018/nov/08/i-suffer-under-my-age-dutch-man-seeks-to-legally-change-his-age-video
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:19:19 PM by DaveNY »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1959
Total: 1968

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM