It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Introduction from long time RWD member  (Read 8431 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Introduction from long time RWD member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:45 AM »
Great post Jack. I always appreciate your thoughts. It is so hard to convince guys to stay within their age range! Most women I met prefer guys no more than 8 years older, except, in one woman's words, he is great looking. Most guys I know that married a much younger woman seem to have a lot of problem, particularly with the woman's financial expectations. Woman I have known over the years tell me stories of friends who settled for a man older than them. However, it was clear that these women felt they were settling and went through a lot of doubt on whether to do a visa. What they shared with their friends about the opinion of their potential mate was definitely not shared with them!
    Over the past few years, the women I have met have been in Moscow. They do seem different with respects of being less willing to leave their country. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about women from Moscow, St. Pete, Odessa, and Kiev differ from other areas. Mike

Offline Walerian

Re: Introduction from long time RWD member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
Welcome back Jack.

I´m one of those pesky new members here ;) from Sweden of all places.

I thought it was good that you were already asked about your russian because that was my main question as I read your recent introduction. "Why didn´t he learn russian instead of paying for english languages courses for x amount of women?".

Now I do understand that you get by well without it, but I still find it weird to visit somewhere 35 (!) times and not learn the language :p I´m learning it now and I haven´t even been there once yet haha.

Good thing about being from Sweden is that the distance to western Russia really isn´t that far. I read that "they" are starting a ferry line between Stockholm and St. Petersburg this coming spring =) =) =)

Anyway, welcome back :D
Beauty can save the world

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM