It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Naturalization Interview  (Read 4349 times)

Offline rmcmonty

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Naturalization Interview
« on: April 25, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »
Well, after 18 years of marriage, one green card, we finally filed for her citizenship a year ago. We decided to wait till her green card was about to expire and filed. No reason to pay the govt twice for another green card and naturalization! Finally got the appointment here in Vegas! She is going on June 4th at 0945 (yeah, TMI) The only puzzle for me is why they didn't ask her to bring 2 photo's to the interview, if she passes? Anyone run into this before? I'm not very worried about the processed. She knows civics, history and is very adept at English and comprehension. She read "To Kill a Mockingbird" about a month after getting to the States back in 2002. If she could understand the southern slang, with a little help from me, I guess she'll do fine. For those who have gone before, were the husbands allowed into the interview? Thanks, Monty

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Re: Naturalization Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
there are videos online that explain the interview....
my wife did hers nearly 15 yr ago, t'was easy back then
there were "cheat sheets" about the test, also on-line
my wife said the test was almost exactly what was on the "cheat sheet"
don't be worried comrade...
soon we will take over...
and all their bases will belong to us

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »
Well, after 18 years of marriage, one green card, we finally filed for her citizenship a year ago. We decided to wait till her green card was about to expire and filed. No reason to pay the govt twice for another green card and naturalization! Finally got the appointment here in Vegas! She is going on June 4th at 0945 (yeah, TMI) The only puzzle for me is why they didn't ask her to bring 2 photo's to the interview, if she passes? Anyone run into this before? I'm not very worried about the processed. She knows civics, history and is very adept at English and comprehension. She read "To Kill a Mockingbird" about a month after getting to the States back in 2002. If she could understand the southern slang, with a little help from me, I guess she'll do fine. For those who have gone before, were the husbands allowed into the interview? Thanks, Monty

Passing the interview doesn't mean she is going to get Citizenship paper that day.

Oath taking ceremony may be scheduled for X days/weeks in the future.

She has already gone to biometrics (right) where they took the pic that will go on her Citizenship Certificate.

The next time she needs a pic is to accompany USA Passport application.

Regarding the Interview - - - she should have already gotten a packet that shows the 100 questions that can be asked and must be answered.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 12:54:12 PM »
  If she could understand the southern slang, with a little help from me, I guess she'll do fine. For those who have gone before, were the husbands allowed into the interview? 
Dittos the other posters. Husband allowed? I guess-would depend on the interviewer [I just waited & watched TV] If she can say shetyeah she is a true southerner now 
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline rmcmonty

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 03:10:03 PM »
Krim, ML and tfcrew: thanks for the feedback.

Krim: I'm only worried about whose in the White House now.

ML: I was aware that the oath would come later, not the same day. Thanks for the info though. I'm not sure if she wants to attend a formal ceremony or have it done at the local BCIS office. I guess we need to discuss it more. We just received the email from BCIS this morning so the packet and original letter hasn't arrived yet.

tfcrew: She can say sheetyeah, with a Russian accent :)

Thanks
Monty

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2358
Total: 2369

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM