It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 440262 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1625 on: March 31, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Speaking of Church:

He supposedly is a conspiracy theorist that COVID-19 was purposefully released by Chinese, among other right-wing conspiracy theories. 

..and some Russians think it's the Brits' ..Well, according to 'The Sun' http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11190739/russia-blames-britain-coronavirus-skripal-novichok/

or is it the 'Muricans ? ..

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1626 on: March 31, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »
YUP .. My wife is a member of my Church , but not necessarily the most studious member my of the congregation ..  I'm VERY glad of the order..  Cluebat: Russians don't give a sh*t ..  Does you wife follow all your suggestions ? ))

But let's not let this distract us from my question ...   WHO are 'local activists' and how are they appointed ...  ?

So what's for the good of everyone else isn't good for your wife?

Yeah, actually my wife does follow all of my suggestions when it's a matter of life or death. She is an educated and intelligent woman and trusts me that way. Apparently you're a bit out of touch with the general population of Russians. They do give a shit.

As to answering your question of the social activist, who knows but I'd wager it's likely to be some thugs to force compliance. By hook or by crook

Offline msmob

« Reply #1627 on: March 31, 2020, 08:57:01 AM »
So what's for the good of everyone else isn't good for your wife?

Did you miss the part when I mentioned I'm glad a quarantine was being enforced ... ?

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1628 on: March 31, 2020, 08:58:10 AM »
Yeah, actually my wife does follow all of my suggestions when it's a matter of life or death.

ditto here.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1629 on: March 31, 2020, 09:00:33 AM »
OK, let's run with this ..

Gator's wife worried ( rightly) about him playing Golf ...

I wonder if on some forum somewhere in Russia other ladies are discussing Gator ...

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1630 on: March 31, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »

Did you miss the part when I mentioned I'm glad a quarantine was being enforced ... ?

JMO but in your church, practicing what you preach would seem to be the order of the day but, I guess that's just me and BC perhaps.

Gator can speak for himself and I'll not opine whether he is right or wrong but, I know golf as I have played a lot of it. If there was ever a place to practice social distancing with ease, it would be the golf course. The 19th hole would be another matter.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1631 on: March 31, 2020, 10:41:17 AM »
JMO but in your church, practicing what you preach would seem to be the order of the day but, I guess that's just me and BC perhaps.

*I* am practising what I preach ...  As far as 'madam' is concerned .. You might be wise to ask:

1/  How far is your place from the sea?

2/ Can you walk there in minutes ?..It;s THAT close ..

3/ Was there any quarantine in place?  ( She was self-isolating ) 

4/ Did she travel alone and keep 2m from anyone you met ?

5/ Would I prefer her to have remained at home ?

Gator can speak for himself and I'll not opine whether he is right or wrong but, I know golf as I have played a lot of it. If there was ever a place to practice social distancing with ease, it would be the golf course. The 19th hole would be another matter.

I wasn't asking Gator to comment  - nor for YOU to comment on Gator ... I WAS pointing out your selective  duplicity ...

Offline Gator

« Reply #1632 on: March 31, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »
If there was ever a place to practice social distancing with ease, it would be the golf course. The 19th hole would be another matter.

Correct. And we have made many changes to inhibit social gathering (closed the club house and the 19th hole) and prevent direct or indirect contact (rake bunkers with feet, one person per cart if not walk, no wagering).  One change that surprised me is turning the metal cup in each hole upside down (ball is now retrievable without touching side of hole/cup).  I consider these akin to airbags, seat belt, etc. when driving a car. 

Even with these precautions, I am not playing now because of my wife's anxiety.   I continue to use the practice range,  where I provide my own balls for the putting/chipping green. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1633 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:04 AM »

I wonder if on some forum somewhere in Russia other ladies are discussing Gator ...

I impressed a few, in both good and bad ways.  That was so long ago, I doubt they remember it. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1634 on: March 31, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »

Isn't being the sole person on the beach social distancing as well?

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1635 on: March 31, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
The beach is difficult to evaluate.  Yes, it would be easy to maintain 6 ft separation however, my experience and from the news clips it appears that people are clustering.  So I guess I don't have an issue with closing them down for now.

On the other hand, I can't see closing large open parks and hiking trails.  There is a lot more risk going to the grocery store than out in the open on trails and open parks.
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1636 on: March 31, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
*I* am practising what I preach ...  As far as 'madam' is concerned .. You might be wise to ask:

1/  How far is your place from the sea?

2/ Can you walk there in minutes ?..It;s THAT close ..

3/ Was there any quarantine in place?  ( She was self-isolating ) 

4/ Did she travel alone and keep 2m from anyone you met ?

5/ Would I prefer her to have remained at home ?

I wasn't asking Gator to comment  - nor for YOU to comment on Gator ... I WAS pointing out your selective  duplicity ...

You attempted to ostracize anyone whom you did not feel practiced social distancing to your standards. Yet, when it comes to your "wife" she has her own standards. Is this because she's Russian or just selfish sunflower spitting beach bunny? It is glaringly obvious whom the man in that relationship is. Then, shut your pie hole about Gators or anyone else's choices.

Isn't being the sole person on the beach social distancing as well?

Gee, I do not know Boe, does she own the beach? Do you know who was there before her or prior? How do you know she was the only one on the beach? Because Miss Beach bunny says so?

:ROFL:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1637 on: March 31, 2020, 12:43:05 PM »

As supplies become more abundant with manufacturing ramped up, I'm seeing more articles about the value of masks. I've read Asian nations criticize Western nations who have citizens that don't wear masks as the reason infection count is so high. Of course masks work. Medical professionals use them.

Cuomo has COVID-19

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chris-cuomo-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-he-will-continue-working-from-home/ar-BB11Ycp8?ocid=spartanntp
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #1638 on: March 31, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
I continue to use the practice range,  where I provide my own balls for the putting/chipping green.

Sounds a little painful to me.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

« Reply #1639 on: March 31, 2020, 12:50:59 PM »
I really don't know what all the fuss is about with Gator's golfing habit.  He clearly mentioned the precautions that were being taken in his original post on the subject. I would assume in compliance with state restrictions.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1640 on: March 31, 2020, 12:53:34 PM »
Correct. And we have made many changes to inhibit social gathering (closed the club house and the 19th hole) and prevent direct or indirect contact (rake bunkers with feet, one person per cart if not walk, no wagering).  One change that surprised me is turning the metal cup in each hole upside down (ball is now retrievable without touching side of hole/cup).  I consider these akin to airbags, seat belt, etc. when driving a car. 

Even with these precautions, I am not playing now because of my wife's anxiety.   I continue to use the practice range,  where I provide my own balls for the putting/chipping green.

My course started with closing the 19th and the kitchen altogether. Days later, they closed the cart services, walkers only. Within the week of that. the County ordered total closure including ranges, practice facilities including putting greens.

So to take advantage of this, they decided to aerate the greens a little early. Unfortunately, the members fees didn't take a hiatus.

Today all city and county courses, private or public, are closed. Although not completely sure if 100% private courses are complying..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:00:55 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1641 on: March 31, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »
I really don't know what all the fuss is about with Gator's golfing habit.  He clearly mentioned the precautions that were being taken in his original post on the subject. I would assume in compliance with state restrictions.

There wasn't any except for Mr. Moobs Contrary attempting to sit on his superiority perch

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1642 on: March 31, 2020, 12:59:04 PM »
So I guess I don't have an issue with closing them down for now.

I don't have an issue with it either.  But people do ignore it.  Honolulu closed Waikiki Beach, but tourists just went under the tape.  I believe now, they are imposing large fines for non compliance.

On the other hand, I can't see closing large open parks and hiking trails.  There is a lot more risk going to the grocery store than out in the open on trails and open parks.

Banff National Park here has been closed.  It's also a major highway, so one can still drive through the park, but no hiking, nor stopping.  Kind of silly.  Even when it's open, most tourists hike a few marked trails, and stick to the townsite.

Gee, I do not know Boe, does she own the beach? Do you know who was there before her or prior? How do you know she was the only one on the beach? Because Miss Beach bunny says so?

No need to attack another poster's wife.  Please refrain from that.

I was going by what moby posted - that no one else is on the beach. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

« Reply #1643 on: March 31, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
There wasn't any except for Mr. Moobs Contrary attempting to sit on his superiority perch

ahh k.. I tend to skim over such.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1644 on: March 31, 2020, 01:06:26 PM »
The beach is difficult to evaluate.  Yes, it would be easy to maintain 6 ft separation however, my experience and from the news clips it appears that people are clustering.  So I guess I don't have an issue with closing them down for now.

The noted problem in these places Cal, are people who go hiking usually travel in packs. Case in point what they showed at Runyon Canyon recently. Same with beaches. People don't usually go to the beach alone. More times than not clusters of families with children clustering with other kids, etc...Parks, the same thing, especially the big ones that offer places perfect for picnics and barbequing, playgrounds, etc..
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1645 on: March 31, 2020, 01:10:30 PM »
The noted problem in these places Cal, are people who go hiking usually travel in packs. Case in point what they showed at Runyon Canyon recently. Same with beaches. People don't usually go to the beach alone. More times than not clusters of families with children clustering with other kids, etc...Parks, the same thing, especially the big ones that offer places perfect for picnics and barbequing, playgrounds, etc..
Two weeks ago when you posted that phony picture of little to no cars on the road you acted as if everybody was staying inside, and tried to state I was making stuff up.    Clearly that wasn't the case, as the state is now closing down more and more places.   Of course I was right, and you were living in lala land. 

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BC

« Reply #1646 on: March 31, 2020, 01:12:00 PM »
Good point GQ...  I think here if .gov opened up parks, even with distancing they will fill very quickly. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1647 on: March 31, 2020, 01:14:29 PM »
Two weeks ago when you posted that phony picture of little to no cars on the road you acted as if everybody was staying inside, and tried to state I was making stuff up.    Clearly that wasn't the case, as the state is now closing down more and more places.   Of course I was right, and you were living in lala land. 

Fathertime!

Here you go...

http://www.century21global.com/for-sale-residential/China/Wuhan

...and here's the post you mentioned with the pictures. Put your reading glasses on grandpa and look at those pictures again to make sure...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24217.msg529989#msg529989

Yours truly,
Mr. exceptional and resilient Patriot living in LALA Land.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:29:38 PM by GQBlues »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #1648 on: March 31, 2020, 01:30:50 PM »

No need to attack another poster's wife.  Please refrain from that.

I was going by what moby posted - that no one else is on the beach. 

I haven't attacked his wife rather making a sound statement that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, yanno?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1649 on: March 31, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
I haven't attacked his wife

Really?

when it comes to your "wife" she has her own standards.

Is this because she's Russian or just selfish sunflower spitting beach bunny? 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2237
Total: 2247

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM