It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 308554 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2020, 12:21:12 AM »
Where did I say for people to wear masks and stay at home?

Hmm is this the BillyB who thinks I've 'sentenced to death a Georgian border officer for telling her a surgical mask is next to useless .that I'm not 'caring for my wife' in Thailand ?

Wearing gloves and not touching her face is far more effective

YOU are the poster 'bigging up' this virus ... hence my 'advice' to "stay at home and wear surgical masks ..."

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2020, 10:36:49 AM »
Hmm is this the BillyB who thinks I've 'sentenced to death a Georgian border officer for telling her a surgical mask is next to useless .

I don't think you've sentence her to death. I think you're an idiot. She may deal with thousands of people everyday and you're increasing the chances she and others getting infected. How did you get her to pull off her mask? Did you tell her you're an infectious disease doctor?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2020, 12:21:53 PM »
I live life normally but I'm also aware how fast this thing can explode and will be prepared. Today the first American died from this virus in a hospital 30 minutes from where I live. Yesterday a teen who lives less than an hour away from me didn't travel and  got infected from an unidentified person. This unidentified person can make this virus explode in my region. If an outbreak happens in America, I'm going to predict it'll happen in the Seattle region first. The recent events in Seattle are a sign an outbreak can happen soon as they will discover hundreds who may have gotten infected like the way it went down in South Korea, Iran, and Italy.

Quote from: Benjamin Franklin
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Quote from: Kyle Herring
We're going to err on the side of caution. We're going to run this thing to the ground to make sure we understand it!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2020, 01:20:28 PM »
Today my county reported its first case of COVID-19, someone who had traveled recently to Italy. 

The wife has gone bonkers as if the apocalypse  surrounds us.   

Offline ML

« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
Today my county reported its first case of COVID-19, someone who had traveled recently to Italy. 

Don't you have an underground bunker ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2020, 01:56:46 PM »

Studies revealed (not sure who actually stood there and counted this) that an average person touches his/her face 3,000 times/day. 24 hours each day being equal, that equates to 125 touches per hour, or a little over twice per minute.

So to ensure she doesn't get the virus, make sure she refrains from touching her face...she can start modestly and be diligent at least for the first few minutes see how she fares after 24 hours.

If she fails to do this, then its time to panic.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline ML

« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2020, 02:07:35 PM »

Studies revealed (not sure who actually stood there and counted this) that an average person touches his/her face 3,000 times/day.

I don't really believe that statistic.
I would bet I don't touch my face more than once during each waking hour, not including when washing face or taking shower.

Now there is another part of my body that I might touch a lot . . . if only it would respond appropriately.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:09:11 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2020, 02:39:11 PM »
LMAO!

That's only 'viral' for persons of advanced age..

Offline msmob

« Reply #183 on: March 02, 2020, 04:15:39 PM »

I don't think you've sentence her to death. I think you're an idiot. She may deal with thousands of people everyday and you're increasing the chances she and others getting infected.

PLE-EASE Explain your 'theory' / 'thought process' that arrives at such a 'conclusion' - given wearing a surgical mask is NOT going to protect her ... and makes it MORE likely she could become ill ..

WHERE do you read the wearing of a mask is necessary / advised in Public Health advisories on this virus?

Two of my colleagues in Georgia ( Rep.of)  are in  / were in medicine as practitioners  ... one had a benign Tumour ( the size of tennis ball  )removed from his thoracic cavity on Jan 14th

IF they wanted surgical masks - they could have brought them and worn them ...

Only an IDIOT would STILL be arguing with folk FAR better qualified and practising what they preach ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2020/02/29/no-you-do-not-need-face-masks-for-coronavirus-they-might-increase-your-infection-risk/

How did you get her to pull off her mask? Did you tell her you're an infectious disease doctor?

She asked us "purpose of visit " ..from that she worked out the professions of my colleagues and asked why we weren't wearing masks ...

WHY, after all the fuss you are making - aren't you staying at home and making your family WEAR a mask ? ))

Offline BillyB

« Reply #184 on: March 02, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

Tell her about my misery so she'll feel better. 5 deaths in my county. Deaths tripled in my State overnight. There's an infected person at the hospital minutes from where I live. My mom was at Costco yesterday and the lines were the longest she ever seen. A neighbor was at the nearest supermarket and there was no bottled water on the shelves. Over a dozen schools shut down. A 44 story office building has been closed because someone who worked there interacted with a person who's now confirmed infected. My best friend's sister's husband played pool last week with the postal worker that was declared infected yesterday. My Vietnamese uncle, a retired nuke engineer, went on a tour of China last year in November. His train was supposed to pass through Wuhan in the middle of November and was stopped by the Chinese Army. The train was rerouted around Wuhan so he ended up missing that city. Don't want a bunch of tourists with cameras to visit that city. Kind of blows a hole in the theory that the virus was discovered in December.

PLE-EASE Explain your 'theory' / 'thought process' that arrives at such a 'conclusion' - given wearing a surgical mask is NOT going to protect her ... and makes it MORE likely she could become ill ..

WHERE do you read the wearing of a mask is necessary / advised in Public Health advisories on this virus?

You're an idiot. There are people, such as that border agent that deals with the public. If management and infectious disease experts tell their employees to wear masks, you have no business to tell them the masks are useless. If an epidemic hits your town, you can run around without a mask as you please and get yourself killed but leave safety measures to the experts. Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »
...My mom was at Costco yesterday and the lines were the longest she ever seen. A neighbor was at the nearest supermarket and there was no bottled water on the shelves...

...and they say pandemic is bad for the economy.  >:D

I don't understand the water grab though. It isn't like water will stop running off your faucets.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #186 on: March 02, 2020, 06:20:19 PM »
I don't understand the water grab though. It isn't like water will stop running off your faucets.

Maybe they think the virus can swim? After all 16% of those polled think the virus could be in Corona beer. I think our government should located that 16% of the population and revoke their right to vote.

http://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/corona-beer-sales-taking-hit-because-coronavirus-outbreak/ORXV24ZXMZAZDJCBIM7K55MRUE/

My friend texted me and said the lines in the supermarket are all the way to the back of the store. Glad I don't have to go out shopping.

Offline msmob

« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2020, 06:52:55 PM »

You're an idiot. There are people, such as that border agent that deals with the public. If management and infectious disease experts tell their employees to wear masks, you have no business to tell them the masks are useless. If an epidemic hits your town, you can run around without a mask as you please and get yourself killed but leave safety measures to the experts. Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid.

What is a person who states that a govt agency with a clue  instructed staff to wear surgical masks...  as opposed to the staff being issued them - if they prefer to wear them?

Offline Gator

« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2020, 07:32:36 PM »

So to ensure she doesn't get the virus, make sure she refrains from touching her face...she can start modestly and be diligent at least for the first few minutes see how she fares after 24 hours.

She is well informed on safe practices.  Her RW  network had the news on the case in our county before I saw it on the news.  Her strategy is for me to do all the shopping while she stays home.  Upon arrival she sprays me with Lysol, and it has to rest for 30 seconds before I wash it off.     

She worries more about her son going to his college classes.   He is careful, however.   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #189 on: March 02, 2020, 08:02:34 PM »
http://www.chron.com/news/local/article/Coronavirus-patient-released-in-San-Antonio-went-15098649.php

so now we know what happens when we put Republicans in charge of public health!
Hello President Biden!

my guess for when my neighbors and I will be setting up a roadblock at the front gate of our neighborhood and armed neighborhood watch night patrols
I predict...I will be doing this 3 years from now...
if I decide to live in the USA when this hits
depends on how stable Russia and Costa Rica are...

I swear, I have the worst damned luck sometimes, I just got over being an outside school security monitor for 2 hours per day
and thought I was free
but no, it's gonna get even worse, cuz I'll have to do it late at night now AND pack iron...

separate from "just" raw survival
is the impact on all of my businesses
and if my renters lose their jobs, they won't be able to pay their rent
plus, once your local hospital starts getting local cases, then you won't want to go there for ANY reason
even your gall bladder

I predict that when we get to 1,000 cases we will start to see things disappear from store shelves at an alarming rate

at 10,000 cases all schools and non vital government offices will be closed
restaurants will close
no one will want to take public transport
incidents of violent looting are being reported

meanwhile Gold becomes worth more than Gold
I also bought a lot of ammo for bartering

walking dead but without zombies
and I am freakin ready for this sh$t Holmes!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 08:24:07 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #190 on: March 02, 2020, 10:53:00 PM »
Upon arrival she sprays me with Lysol, and it has to rest for 30 seconds before I wash it off.     

My wife sprays Lysol after I use the bathroom to kill the stink. Fortunately she doesn't spray it on me. Lysol says on the can it kills cold and flu viruses. If you want your wife to stop spraying it on you, tell her the viruses are in the inside of your body, not outside. That might be a bad idea though if she decides to inject Lysol into your veins.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #191 on: March 02, 2020, 11:50:34 PM »
My wife sprays Lysol after I use the bathroom to kill the stink. Fortunately she doesn't spray it on me. Lysol says on the can it kills cold and flu viruses. If you want your wife to stop spraying it on you, tell her the viruses are in the inside of your body, not outside. That might be a bad idea though if she decides to inject Lysol into your veins.

Careful placement of the Lysol should kill the virus and the stink simultaneously.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2020, 06:09:33 AM »
Wifey and I had already discussed that depending how this matter progress, or regress, what our next step will be. Certainly getting equipped with N99/KN95 masks is at the top of the list. The only problem with that at this time is, it only comes in one color. Bummer.

http://emgeneral.com/products/anti-pollution-bacteria-and-viruses-mask

If we wore one of these, we could be mistaken as bank robbers and get shot.

Offline Gator

« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2020, 07:04:09 AM »
...tell her the viruses are in the inside of your body, not outside.

That would terminate kissing, snuggling, any physical intimacy, although that has declined after the start of the wave of COVID fear. 

To be precise, she sprays my hands, the door knobs, counter tops.

She worries too much, yet that is her.  She has seen a lot of turmoil in life, much more than Americans in their protected lives, more than RW who moved to America in their 20s.   She may question why I do not worry, yet she relishes the confidence I give her in all matters, not just viruses. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2020, 07:12:11 AM »
The US COVID-19 testing capacity (test kits and approved laboratories) is increasing.  Supposedly, by the end of next week the US should be able to do 20,000 tests per day.   That will provide some data about how widespread the virus is among our population. 

Other news:  We should have therapeutic medicine by the fall.  That does not give me much comfort.  Regarding a vaccine, maybe next year. 

Wash those hands.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »
Regarding a vaccine, maybe next year. 

Although we read laboratories are close to finding a cure/vaccine or have potentially found one, the cure/vaccine may never be discovered. This new virus is related to the common cold virus, not the flu virus. There is no cure/Vaccines for cold viruses. For decades, our best minds and technology haven't discovered one. This virus is too deadly to live with it like we do cold viruses. It must be eradicated from the human body.

Online krimster2

« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2020, 02:35:26 PM »
"lysol sprays?"

my wife puts on a disposable haz-mat suit, takes my shop cart
and fills it with gallon jugs of “triple-distilled” lysol
cuz the stuff you buy in stores, is 70% water
pours all the jugs into the pressure washer’s reservoir tank
and let’s her rip! (don’t forget to take out the toilette paper and magazines first)

Offline IvanM07

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2020, 02:46:30 PM »
Maybe I'm not old enough, but anyone else remember when the Flu infected 10% of Congress? With how this virus is no different than the Flu I'd think we could remember.

"1 In 10 Iranian MPs Have Tested Positive For Coronavirus, Deputy Speaker Said
Iran has the third-highest number of coronavirus cases outside of China, but the second-highest number of deaths."

http://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/matthewchampion/coronavirus-iran-mps-covid-19

Online krimster2

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »
"With how this virus is no different than the Flu I'd think we could remember."

no...
covid-19 has a 50% higher R0 or reproducibility rate than this yea's flu virus
which means each covid-19 infected person would on average infect about 50% more people than this year's flu virus would infect, and look how many MILLIONS get the flu every year in the USA
what if 50% more than that got covid-19?
which is what the potential is of this disease based on its R0

covid-19 is also now apparently about 40 times as lethal as this year's flu virus, even more so if you are over age 60...

if the same number of people were infected with covid-19 as were infected so far with the flu
the death toll would be in the hundreds of thousands each year in the USA and whole economy grind to a halt
you'll have to worry about social disorder and even famine as well as other medical issues

also, consider this, covid-19 is just actually a heavily mutated version of SARS...
a disease that was completely unknown just 20 years ago...
this is now the 4th SARS outbreak
and this most recent one, is already 100 times worse than the last 3 put together...
what do you think the next one will be like, which should be in about 5-7 years or so
or what if two separate strains of covid-19 recombine in a human host, like they did with the Spanish Flu that killed 30 million world wide in 1918-1919?
what would the covid-19 or covid-23 version of the Spanish Flu be like?
how many millions do you think would die?
how many millions before civilization completely collapses?

here's my take...

the epidemic is entering a new phase in the USA
as the number of new cases begins to decrease in China, so does the number of new cases coming to the USA from China...
but in the last week the dynamics of the disease began to change
instead of being either recent travelers from China or someone who had close contact with one
new cases began to merge with no known connection to any other infected person, and someone who it's been determined ONLY had contact with locals
we think that this means that there are about 1,500 hidden unknown carriers of covid-19 in the USA right now

we are now in a race with the clock, the disease has established a local reservoir in the USA
the only question is, "how fast is it going to grow"?

the disease will develop in two stages...
a linear stage and an exponential stage...
we are at the early linear stage, and the virus season should really be at the cusp of being over soon in the northern hemisphere
we think the higher temperature will reduce the growth of the disease...

but what happens next October, when the flu season starts up again?
what will the infection rates be then?

since we already passed the 100 mark...
I'll take a guess that the next milestone will either be 400 or 500...
and at 1,000 we start to see some fundamental changes in our society and economy

then next year and the year after it'll get "really bad" IMHO...

something as simple as a virus...
but this horseman does not ride alone
disease, war, famine, poverty
the four ghost riders in the sky

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:54:43 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

North Korea, sandwiched between the two nations with the most infections, insists it has no coronavirus infections in its country. Chinese ambassador is asking UN for sanctions relief for North Korea stating North Korea is suffering but refuses to say what North Korea is suffering from.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ever-secretive-north-korea-says-it-has-no-coronavirus-–-despite-mounting-clues-to-the-contrary/ar-BB10FHVm?ocid=spartanntp

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3611
Most Online Ever: 12701