It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My Fiancee's young sons- Travel document?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
My Fiancee's young sons- Travel document?
« on: February 28, 2015, 10:42:26 AM »
A senior member over at VisaJourney, recommended this notarized statement from my fiancee's ex-husband:

'I, Serhii V. Loschev, give my permission for my sons, Volodymyr S. Loschev and Dmitry S. Loschev, to permanently immigrate to the U.S. and then to travel back to Ukraine and then return to the U.S..
Signed,                                       Date:

After our marriage, we would like to be able to travel freely, back and forth between the USA and Ukraine, to visit close relatives and friends. Is this the document we would need?  Thanks, Doug

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: My Fiancee's young sons- Travel document?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 10:51:33 AM »
You may want a lawyer there to draw it up.  Make sure that it's got many blue stamps as well as an apostille. An a certified translation! (More blue stamps)

I'd also consider having a copy of the fathers internal passport attached to this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:53:19 AM by AkMike »

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »
A senior member over at VisaJourney, recommended this notarized statement from my fiancee's ex-husband:

'I, Serhii V. Loschev, give my permission for my sons, Volodymyr S. Loschev and Dmitry S. Loschev, to permanently immigrate to the U.S. and then to travel back to Ukraine and then return to the U.S..
Signed,                                       Date:

After our marriage, we would like to be able to travel freely, back and forth between the USA and Ukraine, to visit close relatives and friends. Is this the document we would need?  Thanks, Doug

It seems to me anybody can forge a signature and date a piece of paper with those words. It's always possible it's that easy and passport control at the airport will let the children through but it's wise you are getting opinions from more than one source. Was the person who gave you the advice married to an Ukrainian woman with kids and went through the same thing and if so, how long ago? If he's married to a woman from another country, what works in one country may not work in Ukraine. Also what was allowed in Ukraine 5 years ago may not be allowed today.

Hopefully someone here can give you advice based on their experience. AKMike had good advice of getting an immigration attorney involved. I would also write to the American Consulate in Ukraine and get their input of today's rules since they deal with these situations nearly everyday and they should know what passport control between both nations require when allowing children to cross borders.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »
Sage advice!

Offline calmissile

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Doug,

I finally found a minute to check out our situation and report to you.

Initially, Lisa was added to Larrissa's international passport, complete with photo, etc.  For a reason I have since forgot, it was necessary for Lisa to get her own international passport (it is light blue in color for children).  As part of the process, it was necessary to prove that Larissa had legal authority to take Lisa across  the Ukraine border.  In our case this was done in court, however the notarized document from the child's father can also be used.  Ukraine is very strict about making sure any documents authorizing this are legitimate.

Note:  This process has nothing to do with US law or immigration.  It is totally a Ukraine process that applies to all Ukrainians that want permission to take a child from Ukraine, even on a vacation.

IIRC, the reason we had to change from the parents passport with the child's photo embedded, was because Ukraine changed the procedure where the separate international passport is required for each child. I am not 100% positive, but this is what I vaguely remember.

When we went through immigration and customs upon entering the USA there were no questions about the child or permission to exit Ukraine.  Hope this helps you a little.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
Billy, that senior member at VJ got his info from a couple that had dealt with Ukraine and their requirements. Yes, I am gathering info from a number of sources. I do appreciate info from Baron at VJ, AkMike, and Calmissile, and others..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701