It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Attention men who are looking.  (Read 18806 times)

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Attention men who are looking.
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2015, 09:17:56 PM »

9 years ago when I was looking there were so many nice men there, but now the situation seems to be different. FSU women are out of vogue!

I wonder what  results would be if I publish her profile on POF or other US dating site. Of course, I would indicate that she lives in Russia, is it worth trying?

I don't think good looking smart women ever go out of style.  I think it is just the fact she is so far from a major city.  If she were in any major US city she would have so many guys chasing her it would be scary.  And that is before they heard that cool accent.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 02:36:18 AM »
Why any of you single and looking guys would not contact vwvw for this lady's contact info is beyond me. What's wrong with you, are you stupid? She has vouched that the lady is sincere, seeking a man and open to international relationship. What more do you want?   :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever followed this up?
Surely  there are guys reading this who are looking-- what harm does talking do?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Miquel Westano

• Restricted
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 12:31:24 PM »
Has anyone ever followed this up?
Surely  there are guys reading this who are looking-- what harm does talking do?

I check in on this one once in a while too.  I also kind of wonder why this girl was never contacted.  I guess she is too remote and maybe the wrong age.  But she is very pretty I think and has been vouched for by a member.  That seems to make her a girl worth some extra effort.

Obviously at 60 and married, I am not in the game, but if I were I think I would chance the travel.  It seems the odds of happiness are much better than going through an agency and starting from scratch.

Maybe we will someday get an update from the OP that this girl has found someone.  :)

Offline Muzh

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
I check in on this one once in a while too.  I also kind of wonder why this girl was never contacted.  I guess she is too remote and maybe the wrong age. 

Yep, for many of the singles here she is too old.  ;)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »
@vwrw

I casually dropped a photo of one of S.C's friends in a thread and my pm box stayed empty. I think it is more a sign of the times and that single guys are put of by 'Russia' - esp. guys from the USA - who Putin has made out to be public enemy no.1

Funny, that AC mentions what I refer to as 'the pudding bowl fringe'. ....Indeed, it is enduringly popular in Russia and I think many women look better for ditching it..... But, for me so of the attraction is the differences.

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 12:02:03 AM »
put off, even
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 04:44:40 AM »

Yep, for many of the singles here she is too old.  ;)

I'm married, very happily but when I was looking I didn't pursue girls
that young.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
Gentlemen, I would like to help my relative, Olga, to find a nice man. She 29 y.o., has a bachelor degree in engineering in chemistry, no children, and never married before. She is kind and always in good mood. Everybody likes her in the family. This summer when I was in Russia, we spent much time together. She is one of three nicest people I know. She lives in Barnaul. The only shortcoming she has is lack of proficiency in English, but she is determined to learn the language.  She is open to the possibility to meet a man from the US, who is 30-45 y.o. If you are interested, please contact me via private messages.

Hello vwrw, was just wondering about your friend here, you say in the thread here that she was on EM (Elena's Models). I was wondering whether she wrote her own profile or did an agency out that way do it for her? I'm just curious to know as to how EM works from the females perspective. I'm hoping you'll be able to answer my question if your still around as I know this thread started a couple of years ago now. Kind regards.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
Hello vwrw,

I know my name isn't vwrw, but I do know that many ladies put up their own profiles on EM - the only check is a call and a scan of the ladies passport - according to ladies I know who have used it

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2017, 01:04:41 PM »
Hello vwrw, was just wondering about your friend here, you say in the thread here that she was on EM (Elena's Models). I was wondering whether she wrote her own profile or did an agency out that way do it for her? I'm just curious to know as to how EM works from the females perspective. I'm hoping you'll be able to answer my question if your still around as I know this thread started a couple of years ago now. Kind regards.

Women write the info on their profiles. EM give them a call, asks some questions, and after makes the profile active. EM may correct the translation of the info in a profile if the software have not done a good job. EM also may decide to set a pic as a main image.

Interesting change was that now women cannot do a search of other females' profiles. I found that to be disappointing since I thought the survey of the competition and the popular ones therein would be beneficial for those who were seriously thinking about international dating adventure.  When I was looking women could do the search of other females' profiles.
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:37 PM »

Women write the info on their profiles. EM give them a call, asks some questions, and after makes the profile active. EM may correct the translation of the info in a profile if the software have not done a good job. EM also may decide to set a pic as a main image.

Interesting change was that now women cannot do a search of other females' profiles. I found that to be disappointing since I thought the survey of the competition and the popular ones therein would be beneficial for those who were seriously thinking about international dating adventure.  When I was looking women could do the search of other females' profiles.

Thanks vwrw, I appreciate you getting back to me on this, it helps me understand how it goes down on the woman's side since on the man's side we don't generally know what the process is like for the women. For us men we do it all online on the internet, fill out profile and pay our membership in 3 or 6 monthly time periods. That's it for us, no questions from EM or other validation of who we are, etc. I think I might have seen some other men's profiles fairly recent on there, its not a usual thing that is open to us for get how I did it now think I followed a link in an article some commentator posted up on there so was handy to check out the competition, lol.

Let me know if you would like to check out the competition for a particular area and I'll post up some links ;) Generally I would say though that most men like very feminine looking women, so long straight hair is good, dresses or skirts, not really jeans, trousers or shorts, bikini type photos go down real well so they can really boost interest a lot I think ;D Semi Professional photos are good but no overly staged professional photos and certainly no Photoshop. Worst thing I hate about EM is seeing profiles that are full of staged photos particularly if too obviously staged, that and too posed and too artistic photos. I just want to see a real person, so casual photos are good and ones taken by non-professionals but they need to be of decent quality or they can detract from the effort. Nothing too weird in photos either, everyday stuff is good. The photo of your friend in the black dress is the sort of thing, out and about photos also good. Hope this helps. Has your friends English improved much? I was just explaining to a girl the other day the importance of this if she is serious as its kind of needed anyway when moving to an English speaking country, in UK spouses now have to pass an English test before citizenship is granted among other hurdles.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2017, 12:31:07 AM »
TC,

your opinion on what might attract a bloke on EM is not mine.. could be a factor of age, but bikini ones on a profile ..I tended to think ..hmmm...  sending the wrong msg ?

Although SC just about lives on the beach .. her profile was clothed :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541470
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3459
Most Online Ever: 12701