It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Another newbie here  (Read 7882 times)

Offline John of Hesperia

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Another newbie here
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:51:15 PM »
Honored to be on this website, will be going to Ukraine in two weeks and will meet a lady there that I've been emailing for a while.  Thanks to a couple fellows here that have offered advice already. 

Gonna be a lot of reading for me, you folks have been posting for years, think I have the very basics down OK so far. 
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Another newbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Glad you posted.

My fiancee was looking over my shoulder the other night as I posted a blog from St. Petersburg.  She asked me why I would go to such lengths to inform readers of my experiences.  The discussion then centered around mistakes I didn't make in our relationship. 

As those who have gone before us, having a knowledge base to draw upon has saved my bacon more than once.  Especially in tight situations.

Good luck in your quest.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »
I am in Ukraine  September 15 - 30...

I hope you have fun..
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:26 PM »

Welcome to the forum and let us know how your trip goes.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:06:57 PM »
TYVM, will do!
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 10:18:14 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Glad you posted.

My fiancee was looking over my shoulder the other night as I posted a blog from St. Petersburg.  She asked me why I would go to such lengths to inform readers of my experiences.  The discussion then centered around mistakes I didn't make in our relationship. 

As those who have gone before us, having a knowledge base to draw upon has saved my bacon more than once.  Especially in tight situations.

Good luck in your quest.

My fiancee also questions my posting on this and one other (for expats actually living in Ukraine) forum. I think that having grown up in the Soviet Union tended to make these women want to keep their personal relationships private from people whom they did not know very well.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 12:21:07 AM »
My fiancee also questions my posting on this and one other (for expats actually living in Ukraine) forum. I think that having grown up in the Soviet Union tended to make these women want to keep their personal relationships private from people whom they did not know very well.

Ditto to this.
My wife has the same questions.  Why do I continue to read and contribute to the forum now that we 'have each other'?  I tried to explain that after about $50K in investment to find such a wonderful wife, I have hopes to be able to contribute a little bit to save others from having to spend so much money and time by avoiding my mistakes.    ;D

It doesn't seem to sink in, but at least she lets me have my way for the time being.   I should add a little history.   Our member Krassie has been like a godmother from the beginning of my adventure here and my previous attendance on a less reputable forum.  She initially despised the age gap I had even  with an older former fiance.   She chatted with both since our initial meetings and over time mellowed about the age gap after she and my current wife became good fiends on Skype since we first met.   She was helpful in so many ways I cannot even remember.

A UA woman that has lived in the USA for many years and obtained citizenship here, has a lot to offer women that have not yet faced the challenges that they will face after they arrive, let alone the very long arduous paperwork task of knowing each other and  collecting all the paperwork and translations and approval stamps, etc.  I should also add, that she is not a know-it-all that posts repeatedly about every topic that comes up on the forum.  She is also not like some of our USA haters that have come here and post anti-American hate posts.  Makes me wonder why those women don't simply return to their native countries.

The forum offers advice and also allows members to contact each other privately.  Once an off- forum communication link is established between two parties they can communicate among themselves and in some cases have life-long relationships that are not important nor appropriate for public viewing on the forum.  Sorry to the ones that seem to demand to have their noses in everyone else's business.

There are several forum members that only were active for a very short time, but made contacts via PM's and Skype.  Many have never returned to the forum for whatever reasons.  Some do not like the negative posts that seem to appear periodically by a few members, others do not care about the day-to-day rants about political news.  Whatever the reason, many short term members make friends with someone (or a few) members and go about their lives without having to respond to the daily BS about who is the most knowledgeable about some specific topic.

For myself, I monitor what is going on in UA and the US congress and our useless president.   I am embarrassed to be an American with Obama as our president. It is difficult to understand why our congress has not impeached him. 

I hope Muzh can explain why he thought he was such a great leader that he endorsed for the past two elections. I am about ready to puke about where the USA stands in international politics.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:24:47 AM by calmissile »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »

For myself, I monitor what is going on in UA and the US congress and our useless president.   I am embarrassed to be an American with Obama as our president. It is difficult to understand why our congress has not impeached him. 

I hope Muzh can explain why he thought he was such a great leader that he endorsed for the past two elections. I am about ready to puke about where the USA stands in international politics.

What you said+++++++

Offline Muzh

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 10:58:53 AM »

Why? Because you don't agree with his policies, or is it because he is..., er, different?

Who said I voted for him in the last election?  :P  Besides, I'm not fond of warmongering neocons and we should keep our exceptionalism here at home.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »

Why? Because you don't agree with his policies, or is it because he is..., er, different?

Who said I voted for him in the last election?  :P  Besides, I'm not fond of warmongering neocons and we should keep our exceptionalism here at home.

Different?  Yes, he is that.  The first 43 Presidents were Americans who loved their country.  That's one difference. 
You probably didn't vote for him at all, since you are not American either.  If you were, you would not fly the Cuban flag. 
I have been a conservative for 60 years, served my country, and salute the flag and stand at attention when the national anthem is played. 
We old line conservatives welcome neocons.....At least they aren't surrender monkeys.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 06:23:25 PM »
The first 43 Presidents were white.  That's one difference.  but I'm sure that doesn't matter :)

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 06:30:24 PM »
These two sentences:

I have been a conservative for 60 years, served my country, and salute the flag and stand at attention when the national anthem is played.
We old line conservatives welcome neocons.....At least they aren't surrender monkeys.

Just earned you a helluva lot of respect from me!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »
If you were, you would not fly the Cuban flag. 

That's the Puerto Rican flag, not the Cuban flag.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »
Honored to be on this website .....

First time I've ever read that 8)

But what city? [yours and hers]
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »
The first 43 Presidents were white.  That's one difference.  but I'm sure that doesn't matter :)
No, it doesn't.  But also, the first 43 were Christians, too.  And we know they were born in the USA.  And, with a couple exceptions, did their best to fulfill their oath of office "To protect and defend the constitution..."   Should I go on?

Offline LAman

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »
No, it doesn't.  But also, the first 43 were Christians, too.  And we know they were born in the USA.  And, with a couple exceptions, did their best to fulfill their oath of office "To protect and defend the constitution..."   Should I go on?

You do know that before 1789 there was no such thing as USA, they was colonies of Britain.

"To protect and defend the constitution"....you mean the one that said...... 'all men are created equal' ???
 Thank God for being born white, huh?

BTW John, thank you for serving your country!!  :clapping:
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 12:26:37 PM »
You do know that before 1789 there was no such thing as USA, they was colonies of Britain.

"To protect and defend the constitution"....you mean the one that said...... 'all men are created equal' ???
 Thank God for being born white, huh?

BTW John, thank you for serving your country!!  :clapping:

Just a couple minor corrections needed here:
They were not colonies of GB after July 4, 1776.  The US ddodn't exist until the Constitution was ratified Oct. 19, 1789, and our first president was elected in and inaugurated on March 20, 1790.
"All men are created equal" is not found in the Constitution. 
Who says I'm white?  I am not African-American, nor am I Latin-American, nor am I Anglo-American, and not Native-American.  I am American-no need for hyphen.  If someone needs a hyphen, they are only half American....If that much.  My two best friends (long term and still) are of Hispanic and Cheyenne Indian descent.  They are both 100% Americans! 

No offense intended, but be sure of your facts, my friend. 

Offline Darth_Budda

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »
I hope Bernie Sanders wins the next election..

Got my road sign in the mail...

Finally a politician running for president who is almost on the left wing...
We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline John of Hesperia

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
First time I've ever read that 8)

But what city? [yours and hers]

Hesperia, California

Dnepropetrovs'k

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 02:55:47 PM »
I think we should separate the political stuff from the FSU wife seeking stuff.

I started a thread here in the members only section.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=20051.new#new
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 03:04:49 PM »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline LAman

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »

I've been to Dnepropetrovsk and wrote a bit about it here

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.msg402116#msg402116

I wonder how much it has changed in 6 years Bill????  I don't think Most City was there.

BTW, John in Hesperia, since you started a trip report with no responses and since 'you are counting your pennies', do you know you are paying an extra ~$70 for visas in Istanbul? Only problem with flying with Turkish!!!
And finding a taxi and to get to your Hotel will take 2-3 hours, murderless traffic. Just some possibilities for you to consider.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
I wonder how much it has changed in 6 years Bill????  I don't think Most City was there.

I am sure many things have changed. Any trip report is only one man's
impressions of the things that he saw or crossed his path. Will reading
my story help him? who know? I know that if I was heading to Dumpsk
in the Country of Krapsk and somebody pointed out LAman's trip report
of his experiences in Dumpski and his travels through Krapski I would
surely read it.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Offline LAman

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
I am sure many things have changed. Any trip report is only one man's
impressions of the things that he saw or crossed his path. Will reading
my story help him? who know? I know that if I was heading to Dumpsk
in the Country of Krapsk and somebody pointed out LAman's trip report
of his experiences in Dumpski and his travels through Krapski I would
surely read it.

Udachi!

Bill

Very true Bill, but it always helps to have more recent info. I am sure your 'place' is still there!!! ;)

Offline Muzh

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 04:25:40 PM »

That's the Puerto Rican flag, not the Cuban flag.

LMFAO

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701