It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

what documents do i need to have so i can go to russia and get married in zaggs

whats expected of me in england
0 (0%)
whats expected of me in russia
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: I am an english man wanting to marry a russian lady  (Read 5698 times)

Offline orlenka

I am an english man wanting to marry a russian lady
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »
 :cluebat:My name is costas i met my russian lady 18 moths ago i plan to marry her in zaggs in novgorod its a complicated process and i need to know what i have to do so i dont waist time and money, any help would be appreciated very much on information of the work i have to do so i can get underway my journey of marriage.

kind regards

costas:)) :cluebat:

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: I am an english man wanting to marry a russian lady
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:29:48 PM »
Costas, welcome to RWD and 2 suggestions:

1. Use our Forum Search function (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=search) with ZAGS as argument.
2. Don't use the POLL feature for a question that requires information, not opinions.

Kαλή τύχη.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ace131

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:06:56 AM »
Costas, if you can you may consult with a lawyer. or other way it would be good if your fiancee calls Zaggs in Novgorod and ask about the marriage with foreigner and what you have to provide.
you will need to prepare enough papers to get married in Russia.
Would not that be easier to get a fiancee visa?
GUIDE,INTERPRETER, TRANSLATOR AND TRAVEL ASSISTANT ALL OVER UKRAINE
WWW.ACE-INTERPRETER.COM

Offline Al_C

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »
Is this the first time you are going there to meet her?  Or have the two of you been meeting for quite some time and both decided to get married?  If it is the latter, that is fine and I wish you lots of love and happiness, but there is not enough here to tell us that that is the case.

If it is the former, do you feel a need to rush things?  Maybe it would be better to let your relationship develop first.

What are the legal requirements?  I don't know, and if nobody else here does either, may I suggest another website?  Try www.visajourney.com

Offline acctBill

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
costas don't worry too much about the marriage and its associated complexity.  True it is complicated but with some lead time it can be done easily.  Not to disparage any of the advice my fellow RWD members give you but there is an excellent resource at WaytoRussia.net that covers marriage between Russians and foreigners. 

It's also mentioned in the link that it is common for Russians and foreigners to marry in Finland because it is cheap and far less complex than marrying in Russia.  I've been to two weddings in Finland and I agree that it is far easier to marry in Finland than Russia or the UK.  Plus far more people speak English in Finland than in Russia.

http://www.waytorussia.net/Practicalities/Marriage.html

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline orlenka

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
:cluebat:My name is costas i met my russian lady 18 moths ago i plan to marry her in zaggs in novgorod its a complicated process and i need to know what i have to do so i dont waist time and money, any help would be appreciated very much on information of the work i have to do so i can get underway my journey of marriage.

kind regards

costas:)) :cluebat:

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
And your point is ::)?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Kunstkammer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
Getting married in Russia is not complicated at all.  Nor is it expensive (the act of getting married that is) The only pain in the ass/complicated part is you will have to stay in Moscow for a week, or take 2 separate trips.  You print out and fill out 2 papers, basically stating you aren't married, you have to go to your embassy to have it notarized (yes, for some reason it has to be the consular section of the embassy in Moscow for some reason) Then you have to take it to some ministry, I forget which one, to confirm it is really notarized, and legalize it for Russia.  Then go to the bank and pay. You pick it up in 5 days with the receipt that you paid at the bank, then you go to wherever you are getting married (I did so in Wedding Palace # 1 in Piter) wait in line after filling out 2 papers, give them a notarized translation of your passport and let them look at your registration, give them the paperwork you got done in Moscow (and a notarized translation if you didn't fill it out in Russian)  and then choose what time and date you will be getting married.  Done.  Other than travel time and the possibility of waiting in a huge line (depending on time of year or time of day you go) you are looking at maybe 3 hours total, spread out over a few days, and a total of 4 papers you have to fill out and get at least 1 translation.  Not counting travel expenses the cost of getting married, translations, and notaries, was about 1700 RUB, the most expensive thing was about 900 for the American notary.
По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Offline LanaRUS

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 01:55:56 PM »
Again i am late ...... :wallbash: :D :D :D
Never stop smiling even when you ar sad. Someone may fall in love with your smile.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1996
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1985
Total: 1995

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM