It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Investing $50K in you or a dream RW?  (Read 45316 times)

Offline jmana

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Investing $50K in you or a dream RW?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2013, 06:49:54 AM »
If you want to be comfortable in Ukraine, you will spend well over $ 5K per trip.  Stay at the Hotel Kreshchatik (dump) $ 140 a night, employ a terp for $ 80 a day, eat at the expat restaurants $ 40 a meal, and go to the clubs at the Pinchuk art centre $ 200 a night.  Whatevs.

Steve's point is that you can make it work but you have to be willing to pay for it in ways not using money - your comfort and time.  He has an alternative POV from the RWD herd and he backs it up with facts and all the sudden he's cupid's Bernie Maddoff.  Get real
Things must have changed quite a bit in Ukraine since I was there 10 years ago.  I was in Odessa and Kiev, and found them to be really reasonable.  In fact the club area in Odessa along the sea was downright cheap, I could buy a whole bottle of liquor inside the club for $8!   But then again, the cops back then walked around with machine guns strapped to their backs, so yeah, I'm sure things have really changed in 10 years :-\

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2013, 07:57:31 AM »
This joke is as funny as the holocaust.  Did you have help with it?

Here comes Godwin's Law
Here comes Godwin's Law
Right down Nazi Lane
 8)

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2013, 08:09:41 AM »
For me I never had no intentions ever of marring a Russian women or spending time and money searching for one, and it was just by pure chance I found myself on my Russian trip. I always thought searching for a wife online was for sad gits who couldn't find a women at home!
One of my UK friends was married , his wife seemed to be disappearing to stay will friends fairly often and  discovered she was on some site like Match.com. We made a fake profile on the site and started chatting with her from my office, he was going dam crazy about it! There was two Russian birds on this site who we started to chat to, just for fun in between things . To cut a long story short three weeks later I was in Russia and my friend was at the divorce courts :D

That line on these boards is about as common as "I look and feel 10 years younger than my real age"

lordtiberius

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »

Here comes Godwin's Law
Here comes Godwin's Law
Right down Nazi Lane
 8)

because this ain't a chilling effect? 

Ayran bedside manner much?

feel free to edit this post anyway you want Constitutionalist . . .

lordtiberius

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »
Things must have changed quite a bit in Ukraine since I was there 10 years ago.  I was in Odessa and Kiev, and found them to be really reasonable.  In fact the club area in Odessa along the sea was downright cheap, I could buy a whole bottle of liquor inside the club for $8!   But then again, the cops back then walked around with machine guns strapped to their backs, so yeah, I'm sure things have really changed in 10 years :-\

Your Ukraine is what I expected.  Its not what I got.  Kind of a rip off, if you ask me

Offline Daveman

« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
because this ain't a chilling effect? 

what would that chilling effect be?

Ayran bedside manner much?

Those pesky Ayrans...

feel free to edit this post anyway you want Constitutionalist . . .

why thank you.  ;D

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

lordtiberius

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »

what would that chilling effect be?

Those pesky Ayrans...

why thank you.  ;D

Offline Daveman

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »
 :ROFL:

Yep, that's rather chilling indeed...

lordtiberius

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »

You attribute Goodwin's Law as if its a bad thing. 

Nazis are good at a lot things:

improving comic books

improving movies:

and politics

Offline Noch1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
Steve, you should hire the lord to do some promos for you.
Seems like a good fit ::)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline steveboy

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 06:00:34 AM »
Steve, you should hire the lord to do some promos for you.
Seems like a good fit ::)

Yes will think about it next time, I need some good promotions for new corporate site 8)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »

I know many of you already know that. Why the allure of RW women for you then? 

Hey Fishingguy,
I'm a fishing dude too.

Actually, I did not originally seek for a lady from Russia.
I was on a search list to everywhere. Was e-mailed/e-mailing even with a lady from  Jakarta, Indonesia who begged me to come see her. She was really good looking too. A Christian nurse also. However a visit there was a really long reach for me.
Ultimately, I remembered a tip years ago from someone who said ..if you want a girlfriend stay with the States..if you want a wife go to Europe.

Stick these days with the traditional. 
Many everywhere are quite wayward.

Cheers
Karl

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Fishingguy

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2013, 03:52:52 PM »
Okay I might have been a girlfriend tourists but I was only 23 back then.

I actually thought this was the best way to find the woman of my dreams - every avenue possible. Dating at home, internet for stateside gfs, letters to Asia and Russia.

I met a wonderful Chinese/Indonesian girl who was studying here in the states, a number of cool Japanese women who visited me but I was always intriqued by Russia and Eastern Europe.

My dream is to go salmon fishing in wilds of Siberia one day. Now a sexy Russian PhD who can fly fish - oh my dream come true! Oh wait those used to be called KGB.

Hey Fishingguy,
I'm a fishing dude too.

Actually, I did not originally seek for a lady from Russia.
I was on a search list to everywhere. Was e-mailed/e-mailing even with a lady from  Jakarta, Indonesia who begged me to come see her. She was really good looking too. A Christian nurse also. However a visit there was a really long reach for me.
Ultimately, I remembered a tip years ago from someone who said ..if you want a girlfriend stay with the States..if you want a wife go to Europe.

Stick these days with the traditional. 
Many everywhere are quite wayward.

Cheers
Karl

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2016, 11:29:44 AM »
Strange to read that some  people here seriously debating with an idiot who claimed that one can date internationally for just 1000 bucks! For a Western Man to even CONSIDER dating in Russia, he must put aside at very least around $10K.  And at least another $10K after the marriage to establish her in his country. More realistically it would be 30-40 K dollars from start to finish. Not that much, considering that Senior Dev in the US earns around $80K per annum.
Last, but not least... attractive local women here like generous men. Got more than enough local losers to date an idiot from overseas who plans to invest a thousand bucks in it.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
Strange to read that some  people here seriously debating with an idiot who claimed that one can date internationally for just 1000 bucks! For a Western Man to even CONSIDER dating in Russia, he must put aside at very least around $10K.  And at least another $10K after the marriage to establish her in his country. More realistically it would be 30-40 K dollars from start to finish. Not that much, considering that Senior Dev in the US earns around $80K per annum.
Last, but not least... attractive local women here like generous men. Got more than enough local losers to date an idiot from overseas who plans to invest a thousand bucks in it.

Welcome to the forum Papakota. Are you a male or female? You can add that info in your profile. What are your experiences with international dating? It would be nice to hear your stories and experiences.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2016, 02:20:15 PM »
Welcome Papakota,

Senior devs make much more than $80K per year. If they are any good.

HDL

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2016, 01:25:14 AM »

Senior devs make much more than $80K per year. If they are any good.

I wasn't talking about top notch devs in some special companies. I just took the statistical average. But that's not the point. The point was that it doesn't take Donald Trump to invest a few tens of thousands of dollars in your happy personal life. An average American guy can afford it if he really wants. Gone are the days when Russian women were so eager to leave Russia, so they won't care if their foreign future husbands themselves barely make ends meet. That happy era ended circa 2003. Now you really have to invest a substantial amount of money to have a good chance of success, unless you're Brad Pitt, but in that case you probably won't need to come to Russia to marry. Nowadays 9 out of 10 single Russian women don't want to go anywhere. It doesn't mean that if she really likes you she won't. But that's not her original intent when she starts dating. To really like you she has to know you, but she doesn't when you're thousand miles away. So that's usually irrelevant here. So if you're looking for an attractive Russian woman and you're not Brad Pitt, then you have to show her that you can afford her a lifestyle that is much better than she and her child currently have.  And you can't be on welfare or even to work at Mac Donald's to afford that. Her and her child immigration alone can cost up to $10K.
So that's why I didn't understand how people in this thread were seriously discussing an option of $1K being suffice for dating. That's enough for a visa, tickets (from Europe) and to spend a weekend in Moscow. That's about it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:42:47 AM by papakota »

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2016, 01:36:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum Papakota. Are you a male or female? You can add that info in your profile. What are your experiences with international dating? It would be nice to hear your stories and experiences.
Well, if I'm Papa, then I'm a male, I would think. If I were Mamakota, then it would've been different...
Yesterday I wrote a short life story of mine, but then I deleted it. Mostly because of privacy concerns. Also I'm in the process and not already a winner, resting on his laurels. Moreover my personal narrative, though probably very unusual and interesting won't help much people here. I'm not a Western man who wants to marry a Russian woman. Who I am and what I am, I'd rather keep to myself for now at least. But I still can make comments here and there and participate somewhat in forum's life.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:57 AM »
Well, if I'm Papa, then I'm a male, I would think. If I were Mamakota, then it would've been different...
Yesterday I wrote a short life story of mine, but then I deleted it. Mostly because of privacy concerns. Also I'm in the process and not already a winner, resting on his laurels. Moreover my personal narrative, though probably very unusual and interesting won't help much people here. I'm not a Western man who wants to marry a Russian woman. Who I am and what I am, I'd rather keep to myself for now at least. But I still can make comments here and there and participate somewhat in forum's life.

Sure you can and in most cases even as you may see it as "too" unique to help others, you would likely be wrong. Somebody could glean something from it and find it helpful. That goes for your story and your advice even though some others may not agree with it.

That said, I agree with you here completely. Finding, marrying, helping a woman to immigrate and assimilate is an expensive endeavor and should not be done on the cheap. Can it be done on the cheap? Of course but it shouldn't be. There is mashing pennies together and there is unwise expenditures. A wife expects a husband to take care of her health, wealth and interest. Cutting corners here won't endear her to you. I do think your figures are considerably low and I was doing it 8-9 years ago

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2016, 04:49:42 AM »
Faux Pas,
Figures vary and you can't pinpoint the exact amount of $$$ needed for the whole process from start to finish. But the point is that it's in 10's of thousands of dollars. I went to Ukraine in 2005 with about $3 000 in my pocket hoping to conquer the world. After being there for 3 months and meeting with a few dozens of local women, I achieved pretty much nothing (except for having sex on a few occasions). Knowing Russian as my mother tongue didn't help much. My story isn't applicable here, 'cos my circumstances are too different. Also I don't want all Internet to know too much about me. I reside in Russia and I'm a permanent resident here and plan on staying here and my Russian citizenship application is pending. I was born and raised in Soviet Union (in one of its Southern republics), so I'm kinda local in Russia. Not exactly, but pretty close. While living in the US and dating US women, I was alien to them (alien not in a legal sense, but social). That's why my relationships with US women didn't progress into something meaningful. In the eyes of Russian women I'm not really a foreign man from a Western country, but a local emigrant, who after over two decades became an immigrant and is not yet in a possession of local passport. So my interaction with Russian women might be totally different from yours. Let alone that in Soviet school back in 80's I used to have higher grades in Russian language and literature than most other pupils had in our class. So how is my story could be helpful here? Interesting, but irrelevant.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 04:59:04 AM by papakota »

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2016, 04:52:13 AM »

So that's why I didn't understand how people in this thread were seriously discussing an option of $1K being suffice for dating.
Welcome to RWD! Some people just like being engaged in conversations and will discuss any issue that causes a reaction in them or activates their thought process. People like that are especially prevalent when it comes to discussion forums. 

Even to my partially Russian mind, your nickname would not indicate your gender. Breaking words and sentences  into meaningful parts is culture/language induced. While word - papa- may be familiar to English ear, the world -kota - is probably not. I have no idea what kota means and read your nickname as a meaningless combination of letters.     

If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2016, 05:04:43 AM »
I reside in Russia and I'm a permanent resident here and plan on staying here and my Russian citizenship application is pending. I was born and raised in Soviet Union (in one of its Southern republics), so I'm kinda local in Russia. Not exactly, but pretty close. While living in the US and dating US women, I was alien to them (alien not in a legal sense, but social). Though comparing to someone from China who didn't speak English I was not so alien, but at the end of the day, I was. That's why my relationships with US women didn't progress into something meaningful.

I would never guess that you lived in the US for a long time. Although your English is excellent, your mentality, as it can be glimpsed  from your posts, is what I consider FSU typical.

Could it be the way how you construct your opinions that alienated US women and probably men? I would say it played a big part  if somebody asked me  8) [size=78%]   [/size]

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
Even to my partially Russian mind, your nickname would not indicate your gender. Breaking words and sentences  into meaningful parts is culture/language induced. While word - papa- may be familiar to English ear, the world -kota - is probably not. I have no idea what kota means and read your nickname as a meaningless combination of letters.     
Use your imagination. Russian and English are both Indo-European languages, so you could've guessed. Kot in Russian is a male cat in English. Kot, cat... not that different if we compare it to pishiq in Turkic language like Azeri or hatul in Hebrew. And a letter "a" at the end of the word "kot" means "of someone". Roditelnyi padezh in Russian.
Like a father of whom? Of a cat.

Offline papakota

• Banned Member
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2016, 05:24:05 AM »

I would never guess that you lived in the US for a long time. Although your English is excellent, your mentality, as it can be glimpsed  from your posts, is what I consider FSU typical.

Could it be the way how you construct your opinions that alienated US women and probably men? I would say it played a big part  if somebody asked me  8) [size=78%]   [/size]

Well, my English has to be excellent if I teach it for a living. Though not right now. I don't know what you would consider a long time. I spent about 7 years in the US and Canada. My Russian wife and her parents probably won't agree with your opinion of my mentality being so typical here in Russia. There's no such a thing as FSU mentality. 'cos mentality of people in Tajikistan is different from those in Estonia. Again, everything is relative. And comparing to an American tourist here, then yes... I'm pretty typical in that sense.

Frankly, the major thing that alienated American women was the fact that my pockets were empty. No offense. And the main reason why they were empty 'cos I was out of status. Of course, not just that... I simply didn't have much in common with them. I don't smoke, don't drink, don't like baseball, don't know or care about US celebrities like Howard Stern etc. etc. If I had a Green Card and a steady job, it might have been different, who knows. Meaning that women I dated would've overlooked the differences. But who cares? It's an ancient history now.
Anyhow, it won't add anything of a value to the readers of this forum.

Offline vwrw

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2016, 05:25:00 AM »
Use your imagination. Russian and English are both Indo-European languages, so you could've guessed. Kot in Russian is a male cat in English. Kot, cat... not that different if we compare it to pishiq in Turkic languatge like Azeri or hatul in Hebrew. And a letter "a" at the end of the word "kot" means "of someone". Roditelnyi padezh in Russian.
Like a father of whom? Of a cat.
On this forum, very few people could be expected to make a reference to pishiq in Turkic language to decipher your nickname even if they used their imagination.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541439
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1964
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM