It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Would I be able to find a RW at this time?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline 3DGBB4ever

Would I be able to find a RW at this time?
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
I am about to turn 24 and will be attending school to become a doctor starting this year.  I know I don't really have any job security at this time but I am very smart and have no doubt in my mind that I will complete school soon.
The only other thing that may bother some RW's is that I occasionally smoke marijuana and plan on moving to a medical marijuana friendly place (California) in the future so I can smoke in peace.
What is the opinion on marijuana by most RW's and will they even try to talk to me if I am still a student?
Thanks for the help; I will be back later on today.

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Would I be able to find a RW at this time?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 03:19:54 PM »
First of all you might find a girl in your med school, no need to go to Russia.
As for finding a wife, anything is possible though I would not suggest trying to smoke in Russia. Better go to Amsterdam.  :P
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »
will they even try to talk to me if I am still a student?

Unless you look like a monkey, some RW would talk to you.

Be honest with your marijuana habit. Honesty is not only good for them but for you. You could spend months corresponding with a woman and fall for her and when you announce a habit that is looked down upon my most, you could get dumped. Better to get dumped sooner than later saving yourself and the ladies time.

When you become a doctor, do not work while under the influence and don't make excuses that marijuana makes your mind sharper. If a job application asked you about drug use, again be honest. You may be okay with your habit but your habit can affect others and that's why a job application may ask those questions.

Since you want to legally smoke medical marijuana, and possibly prescribe some for yourself when you become a doctor, do you currently have some sort of illness or are you honest enough to admit you just enjoy smoking it?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline 3DGBB4ever

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
I guess I could be honest enough to say I enjoy it but you can have it prescribed for many reasons these days most of which are pretty normal.  I wouldn't be prescribing it to myself or work under the influence.
I was thinking the lack of having a job for the next 4 years would deter most RW from getting serious with me.

Offline I/O

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
I was thinking the lack of having a job for the next 4 years would deter most RW
It would.

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »
Are you talking about getting involved with a RW/UW in their home country?  If this is the case and you know you are not going to have a job for the next 4 or 5 years then I think it's time you put the bong down my friend. Enjoy your time in school here with the loads of AW that will throw themselves at you once you mention the fact that you will be a doctor.

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
have no doubt in my mind that I will complete school soon.

I was thinking the lack of having a job for the next 4 years would deter most RW from getting serious with me.

RWs, UWs and IMO most women would find these 2 statements contradictory. 4 years isn't really soon.

Enjoy Med School, my friend, and all the peripheral benefits that go along with it. What's the point in getting
serious with any lady when you're not yet prepared to support a family?

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 09:46:54 PM »
I guess I could be honest enough to say I enjoy it but you can have it prescribed for many reasons these days most of which are pretty normal.  I wouldn't be prescribing it to myself or work under the influence.

:offtopic:

Sorry, just want to be sure I understand something here for protection of the health of my family.

I know you say that you won't be working under the influence, but are you saying that CA is letting practicing doctors, including ER duty, on-call and surgeons, as well as other medical providers, use marijuana without practice restrictions or procedural limitations?

Did they find a way to detect recent vs. habitual MJ usage and establish some legal limit on the measurement on what constitutes being "under the influence" in the last few years?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 09:50:36 PM by ECOCKS »
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
:offtopic:

Sorry, just want to be sure I understand something here for protection of the health of my family.

Are you saying that CA is letting practicing doctors, including ER duty, on-call and surgeons, as well as other medical providers, use marijuana without practice restrictions or procedural limitations?

LOL.

You do have to be a breed apart to live in California, you know...I can just imagine those paramedics bonging Aunt Mary while administering oxygen to a patient on the way to the hospital.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07:06 AM »
Another reason not to live in California. 

Offline thompsongunner06

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
Russian women and Ukraine's dont want drunks or druggies,,,,Good Luck.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »
Well, there are Ukrainian gals who do the same party scene as our university crowd. So, yes, if you had the money you could come over and probably make contact with the under-24 set which would accept your habits. The problem is they are mostly just partying and I would question whether the single ones are seriously thinking about marriage or a long-term relations with a foreigner who is still a few years from being setup to do visas. Your present social scene doesn't provide you with enough satisfaction that you are considering going overseas 2-3 times a year for the next few years to build a relationship with a woman?
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »
Germany has a good group of social tokers.  I dumped my ex when she started growing plants on the rooftop.

Offline shakespear

• Alt Forum
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 02:02:06 PM »
The only other thing that may bother some RW's is that I occasionally smoke marijuana and plan on moving to a medical marijuana friendly place (California) in the future so I can smoke in peace.
What is the opinion on marijuana by most RW's

Well all I can tell you is that after seeing the movie 'It's Complicated", my 49 year old RW has told me she wants to try marijuana - something I haven't done in over 33 years.  

You'd have to see the movie to understand.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
Well all I can tell you is that after seeing the movie 'It's Complicated", my 49 year old RW has told me she wants to try marijuana - something I haven't done in over 33 years.  

You'd have to see the movie to understand.

All is ok in moderation.

Offline Ludmila

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 09:59:01 PM »
A nice young lady with values, into family, who is thinking of healthy kids will be PUT OFF. That's for sure.

You may find a lady who won't mind though. Don't be surprised that she may, like you,  feel free to be into alcohol, smoking, not into family, and with questionable past.

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:45 PM »
Get a job, then get an international relationship.
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Phil dAmore

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 12:44:14 AM »
24 and just entering med school?  Are you independently wealthy?  Is your tuition already paid for or are you student-loaning it? 

The RW game is not cheap. Try to do it on a budget and you will most certainly end up compromising something somewhere and that WILL come back to haunt you.

IME RW like established men.  Finish your studies, get a steady gig  and THEN start looking. 

W/R/T the weed... as the others said, be honest, but understand that to many Russians, weed is on an equal footing with much harder drugs.  Collectively they are known as 'narkotiki' and anyone that uses is a 'narcoman'   Given the all-or-nothing mentality that many RW have toward pretty much everything, you may well have a difficult time convincing them that it's medicine.

My advice:  Finish school, get established, and then when you are 35 or so go to the FSU and find yourself some 24 y.o. hottie.  In the meantime I'm sure there are plenty of undergrad girls who can help you take care of more immediate needs.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation. . as you grow older, it will avoid you.-- Winston Churchill

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701