It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302714 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #825 on: April 21, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
Interesting to me...

I had two dark moles on my upper arm and on my forearm. At one time I thought they might have been skin cancer. I've had them for 18 years. Now they are gone. What changed? My ketogenic diet and a bodily process called autophagy. I've been practicing fasting on a regular bases as a way to clean up my body of old junk. In 2016 Japanese bio researcher Doctor Osumi won the Nobel Prize on his research into autophagy. Autophagy comes from the Greek word "to eat thy self." Sounds strange I know but it is the process to restore health and turn back the biological clock. What happens when the body is not feed food is it turns on itself and consumes all the old, dead and dying cells and converts them into energy. That is no doubt where these moles went. Also fasting, which by the way most religions recommend, generates new stem cells. After 24 hours of fasting the body creates a huge surge in HGH Human Growth Hormone and adrenaline which is good for the workout. The HGH goes up 2000% in men and this helps in muscle growth. 

There used to be a dark spot the size of a half of a pea on my arm. Now its gone.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #826 on: April 29, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
This is in Maxx's thread - as it is thanks to him that we are here - again ! )

Tbilisi has replaced Kyiv as a meeting point for biz meetings for European and Russian passport holders without the need for pre arranged Visas.( Russian males of military age are currently not welcome )

I adored Georgian wine and cuisine from my earliest travels to S.Russia's Black Sea resorts in the mid noughties and when a member decided to live here, I thought it would make a suitable replacement.

It has not disappointed.

Sochi is a hop over the Mountains by air, but my nutty colleagues decided to DRIVE!

Because of 'Abkhazia'..which Georgia claims is part of her territory and Russia recognises as a separate nation (but gives Russian passports) one cannot take the coastal route from Sochi via Sukhum(i) That would save nearly 50 percent in distance.

The journey was just under 1000km and some of the Russian roads were not covered with asphelt !

At the border it took over 2 hours to leave Russia and 2 minutes to enter Georgia,  then a qick stop to buy insurance for the RU reg!d car...( 50 Gel).. c.$20 approx

The no man's land was only 1 km...much less than the RU-Finland border crossing I experienced in Dec '17

I travelled via Wizzair from Luton...the ticket with 10kg checked in hold luggage was £60))..The Irish chap sat next to me paid only £19 for carry on!

The flight is nearly six hours and goes to Kutaisi...mid way between Tbilisi and Batumi.

The airport is 20 mins from Kutaisi city and a coach costs 20 GEL..less than £6 to Tbilisi.

Then a15 min taxi ride to our apartment.  When booked with the Bolt app it cost 10 GEL..less than £3 . It was my first trip in a Toyota Prius.

It was a mark2 ..an insurance write off from New Jersey, USA...Imported to Georgia,  done up and cost the driver $4900 all in ( taxes and repair) a year ago.

It seemed v.solid and no rattles.

Toyota Prius seem to be 20 to 25 percent of vehicles on the road!  Hybrids are BIG here.

Although we have the Russian vehicle, we use the Metro..which costs 14p (18 US cents ) per journey and one can transfer to a bus at no charge..if one transfers within 60 mins(?) it is considered  a continuation of the journey and free.

One buys a metro card for 2 GEL and scan it on entering a bus. 

Inspectors occasionally arrive and pick out folk at random to check the car was scanned or if one has bought a ticket!

I was here in March and was shocked to see so many RU reg'd cars...but it will soon be the Russian May holidays.

Generally, younger people speak English and over 40's Russian.

The relationship with Russia is complex ..  The photo - overlooking the city's Botanic Park ( c.$1.5)   says " Russian Occupiers" 

Many - esp. younger people resent Russia occupying what THEY see as Georgia ( S.Ossetia and 'Abkhazia' )  and seek closer ties with the west and the EU

I am writing this as we await a delivery of our evening meal..delivery cost c. £1 ..There are 4 competing food courier firms and earing out here is so cheap, it makes cooking at home seem crazy.

Things to try...Tarragon 'ade' ..'Takhun' and Khachapuri... which makes pizzas seem boring.

The view from the top

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:55:01 PM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #827 on: April 29, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »
Driving from the border with Russia to Tbilisi

It was -4C in the mountains and +21C in Tbilisi

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #828 on: April 29, 2019, 06:25:57 PM »
The no man's land was only 1 km...much less than the RU-Finland border crossing I experienced in Dec '17
In  1972 - still USSR times - I drove from Helsinki through Carelia for a couple of days (dark blue line in map below).

Some 5 km before reaching Lake Ladoga, huge placards at the roadside repeatedly informed motorists that it was forbidden to stop on the lake shores, to use cameras or binoculars there :o. The Finns were very leery of antagonising their heavyweight neighbour in any way ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #829 on: April 29, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »

At the border it took over 2 hours to leave Russia and 2 minutes to enter Georgia,

Moby, I just now noticed your contribution. Thank you! Georgia really is an overlooked gem of a nation. So, so nice it hasn't become a bureaucratic pain-in-the-neck like so many other countries. One of countries I examined to expat too was Ecuador. I read on expat forums about all the difficulties it takes to establish an expat life there, most of which comes from government. I am glad I found Georgia with its mostly libertarian way of doing things. I hope it doesn't become a member of the EU because I fear I'll have the problems you and SC had with Brexit. Or did have. Nice when government gets out of the way.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:57:36 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #830 on: April 30, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
Maxx, my wife and I are getting started on the Keto diet.

I am still mystified by one thing you posted in response to a question I asked you earlier.

I asked something like:  On Keto, eating fat is allowed, but why isn't this fat stored as fat?

You answered: The body digests the food we eat into glucose for energy. What isn't taken into the blood stream winds up in the toilet. It doesn't think during digestion that animal fat consumed
belongs with body fat so that is where it should go.

So you were saying that 'most' animal fat eaten goes into toilet.

I have searched the Internet several times . . . and have not seen anything that suggests
what you are saying . . . i.e. that animal fat eaten mostly ends up in toilet.

Basically it seems a little illogical to think that the body converts carbs to sugar and stores excess as fat . . . yet the body passes directly eaten fat into the toilet.

So Maxx, can you point me to an authoritative source for this?

Thanks
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #831 on: April 30, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »

I am still mystified by one thing you posted in response to a question I asked you earlier.

I asked something like:  On Keto, eating fat is allowed, but why isn't this fat stored as fat?

You answered: The body digests the food we eat into glucose for energy. What isn't taken into the blood stream winds up in the toilet. It doesn't think during digestion that animal fat consumed

I have searched the Internet several times . . . and have not seen anything that suggests

Basically it seems a little illogical to think that the body converts carbs to sugar and stores excess as fat . . . yet the body passes directly eaten fat into the toilet.

Thanks

I'm up on a bathroom break reading this at 2:38 in the morning. I move to my new apartment later today. Looking for authoritative sources right now...

From what I understand and know eating high fat foods keeps you more satiated than high carb foods. There is a less of a chance of eating more calories that way. Calories are measured units of energy (glucose) that are either used for energy or if in excess converted into storage (fat). Doctor Jason Fung discusses this at length in his videos. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #832 on: May 04, 2019, 03:56:03 AM »
A bit like most of Ukraine, speaking Russia does not cause offence to most folk, but from time to time one sees reminders of the Civil Wars on which Russia took sides 'Abkhazia' / S.Ossettia and the resentment of refugees from the conflict

From a street in Tbilisi:

Who can translate ?

I know the answer..but that's because one of my Russians is so bloomin' clever he gets Georgian within days

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #833 on: May 04, 2019, 07:56:57 AM »

because one of my Russians is so bloomin' clever he gets Georgian within days

Genius mind there!

Offline ML

« Reply #834 on: May 04, 2019, 11:39:01 AM »
From what I understand and know eating high fat foods keeps you more satiated than high carb foods. There is a less of a chance of eating more calories that way. Calories are measured units of energy (glucose) that are either used for energy or if in excess converted into storage (fat).

Maxx, thanks for your reply.  Not to be over critical, but your above is quite different than what you posted before.

i.e. "It (body) doesn't think during digestion that animal fat consumed belongs with body fat so that (toilet) is where it should go.

That statement of yours held a lot of appeal to me because it indicated that the body really does just automatically pass animal fat through without processing.  But I think now there is no basis for that idea.

So can we conclude that animal fat is no different than any other thing we consume? 

That is to say that if we overeat anything, the excess will be stored as fat . . . which is what we all know or should know.

Thus, can we conclude that the only thing left to praise the Keto method is that fat keeps you more satiated than carbs?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #835 on: May 04, 2019, 09:46:43 PM »
There are a couple of benefits of fat over carbs in the diet.

First is that fats are harder/slower to metabolize than carbs (especially sugar).  If you mix fiber with the diet, then some fat will pass through and not get absorbed.  But this is dependant on the type of fat and each person's digestive metabolism.

The second benefit, which is related to the "satiated" effect, is that fats supply steady energy over carbs.  Simple carbs are absorbed too quickly for the body to utilize. The excess energy potential is converted to fat for long term storage.  To re-convert the fat to energy, the body has to switch from sugar burning to fat burning move (keto cycle), which takes time.  In the interim the body triggers hunger signals for consumption of more energy.  If deprived of food, then the body completes transfer to ketosis and starts processing fat.

If you consume too much calories, the excess absorbed fat will lead to weight gain.  If calories are limited to reason, then there shouldn't be weight gain.

But with a high carb diet, even if you consume normal/recommended calories you may still gain weight due to the spike of calories absorbed and the convergence of the excess glucose to triglycerides.

The downside to a high fat diet is that your cholesterol levels may spike, especially if not selecting the type of fats being consumed.  Also, there may be issues with elevated liver enzymes related to ketosis.  And, without proper exercise, muscle loss can occur faster than other weight loss diets.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #836 on: May 05, 2019, 05:07:24 AM »
There are a couple of benefits of fat over carbs in the diet.

First is that fats are harder/slower to metabolize than carbs (especially sugar).  If you mix fiber with the diet, then some fat will pass through and not get absorbed.  But this is dependant on the type of fat and each person's digestive metabolism.

The second benefit, which is related to the "satiated" effect, is that fats supply steady energy over carbs.  Simple carbs are absorbed too quickly for the body to utilize. The excess energy potential is converted to fat for long term storage.  To re-convert the fat to energy, the body has to switch from sugar burning to fat burning move (keto cycle), which takes time.  In the interim the body triggers hunger signals for consumption of more energy.  If deprived of food, then the body completes transfer to ketosis and starts processing fat.

If you consume too much calories, the excess absorbed fat will lead to weight gain.  If calories are limited to reason, then there shouldn't be weight gain.

But with a high carb diet, even if you consume normal/recommended calories you may still gain weight due to the spike of calories absorbed and the convergence of the excess glucose to triglycerides.

The downside to a high fat diet is that your cholesterol levels may spike, especially if not selecting the type of fats being consumed.  Also, there may be issues with elevated liver enzymes related to ketosis.  And, without proper exercise, muscle loss can occur faster than other weight loss diets.

Steve, you stated it better than I am able to. I heard Dr Fung or maybe it was Dr Berg say for those that recoil from the word "Keto" he restates it as a low inflammation diet.

In bold what is of particular interest to me. The Keto diet recommends these types of foods except the milk and oatmeal. For the former we substitute cream for its high fat content. Oatmeal is too high in carbs and converts quickly to glucose.

Here are a few foods to include in your healthy liver diet:

1. Coffee to lower abnormal liver enzymes

Studies have shown that coffee drinkers with fatty liver disease have less liver damage than those who don’t drink this caffeinated beverage. Caffeine appears to lower the amount of abnormal liver enzymes of people at risk for liver diseases.

2. Greens to prevent fat buildup

Broccoli is shown to help prevent the buildup of fat in the liver in mice. Eating more greens, like spinach, Brussels sprouts, and kale, can also help with general weight loss. Try the Canadian Liver Foundation’s recipe for vegetarian chili, which lets you cut back on calories without sacrificing flavor.

3. Tofu to reduce fat buildup

A University of Illinois study on rats found that soy protein, which is contained in foods like tofu, may reduce fat buildup in the liver. Plus, tofu is low in fat and high in protein.

4. Fish for inflammation and fat levels

Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, tuna, and trout are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids can help improve liver fat levels and bring down inflammation. Try this teriyaki halibut recipe, recommended by the Canadian Liver Foundation, that’s especially low in fat.

5. Oatmeal for energy

Carbohydrates from whole grains like oatmeal give your body energy. Their fiber content also fills you up, which can help you maintain your weight.

6. Walnuts to improve the liver

These nuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Research finds that people with fatty liver disease who eat walnuts have improved liver function tests.

7. Avocado to help protect the liver

Avocados are high in healthy fats, and research suggests they contain chemicals that might slow liver damage. They’re also rich in fiber, which can help with weight control. Try this refreshing avocado and mushroom salad from Fatty Liver Diet Review.

8. Milk and other low-fat dairy to protect from damage

Dairy is high in whey protein, which may protect the liver from further damage, according to a 2011 study in rats.

9. Sunflower seeds for antioxidants

These nutty-tasting seeds are high in vitamin E, an antioxidant that may protect the liver from further damage.

10. Olive oil for weight control

This healthy oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids. It’s healthier for cooking than margarine, butter, or shortening. Research finds that olive oil helps to lower liver enzyme levels and control weight. Try this liver-friendly take on a traditional Mexican dish from LiverSupport.com.

11. Garlic to help reduce body weight

This herb not only adds flavor to food, but experimental studies also show that garlic powder supplements may help reduce body weight and fat in people with fatty liver disease.

12. Green tea for less fat absorption

Data supports that green tea can help interfere with fat absorption, but the results aren’t conclusive yet. Researchers are studying whether green tea can reduce fat storage in the liver and improve liver function. But green tea also has many benefits, from lowering cholesterol to aiding with sleep.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 05:17:03 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #837 on: May 05, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »
Maxx, thanks for your reply.  Not to be over critical, but your above is quite different than what you posted before.

i.e. "It (body) doesn't think during digestion that animal fat consumed belongs with body fat so that (toilet) is where it should go.

That statement of yours held a lot of appeal to me because it indicated that the body really does just automatically pass animal fat through without processing. But I think now there is no basis for that idea.

So can we conclude that animal fat is no different than any other thing we consume?

That is to say that if we overeat anything, the excess will be stored as fat . . . which is what we all know or should know.

Thus, can we conclude that the only thing left to praise the Keto method is that fat keeps you more satiated than carbs?

What I meant to say was what isn't absorbed as nutriments winds up the toilet. All food is processed and broken down. Because it was originally fat doesn't mean it automatically winds up as fat storage, fat-to-fat.

What is highly praiseworthy about Keto is its low inflammation properties. Less chance of getting diabetes, cancer, heart and circulatory disease and arthritis.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #838 on: May 05, 2019, 08:50:06 AM »

Thanks

ML-

Keto dieting isn't necessarily for everyone. Weight loss is the beneficial by-product of going into the metabolic state of ketosis. It was originally prescribed for those with brain/focus problems i.e ADD, epilepsy, Parkinson/Alzheimer, etc...Weigh loss benefit of keto surged in popularity recently due largely in the overall obesity awareness, sugar-laden comfort foods consumption, insulin sensitivities, etc...

Folks often mistake 'animal fats' as the main fatty consumption in keto dieting. Huge mistake. Consuming animal fats also consumes an inordinant amount of 'protein'. Protein converts to glucose. I believe to be in a state of ketosis, the ratio in your diet is something like <5% carbs, 10-15% protein, the rest being fat. GOOD fat. Your carb/sugar consumption need to be so low to enable your system to slip into the state of ketosis. Successfully, your body begins to start using ketones for energy not glucose. Once the liver is deprived of carb/sugar, the body begins to depend on those 'stored' fat (ketones) as a source of energy.

Ketosis succeeds in making your brain/consciousness from not getting that feeling you're 'hungry' and begin to burn the stored fat instead. Unlike being in glucose-dependent diet, they feel the need to eat more times that they should which only results in sugar blitz burns, triggers the insulin to spike and 'store' large amounts of excess fat. Largely why many folks are obese.

I'm not into this diet as I know very little about it, and from I understand from some of my associates who did this profess its benefit if done right. The great many that tried and failed were due to it being very nearly impossible to follow due to its constraints. The majority of those who 'thinks' they're into the diet will err in their perception of the core dynamics of how and why keto diet works. Not to say it can't be done, as there have been plenty of successful stories.

If you or wife wants to get into this diet, spend a few dollars and consult with your doctor to see if keto is right for you, then see a proven keto dietician. Don't just surf the internet and make it your holy grail. We are all different, our diet habits, physiological state, medical conditions, etc...

YMMV.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:58:19 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #839 on: May 05, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
The great many that tried and failed were due to it being very nearly impossible to follow due to its constraints.

I told a guy that I skip the toast when I eat my morning eggs and bacon. He said, "I can't eat eggs and bacon without toast!" Many people have an emotional attachment to food. Kind of like how some people get about their birthdays.

I've just entered hour 23 of a 40 hour fast. I'll be sleeping in a few hours so that will chew up some of the time until I get to hour 40. 40 is just some arbitrary number I chose to fast. I feel only a little hunger now and then that quick passes. I drink coffee, green tea, hot and iced, and Barjomi fizzy water. This is the third weekend (Saturday night to Monday noon I don't consume any calories) I've fasted. I do it for health benefits besides weight loss. Believe me once you fasted a few times eating Keto and staying on the diet is a breeze!

I've been on Keto since August 19th 2018, so about 9 months now. I have purposely gone off the diet for a day or two and noted what happened in regard to my blood sugar and mood about the food I've eaten (McDs double cheeseburgers on 2 occasions). First i didn't find them all that appealing. I'd much prefer the keto dishes I have been eating. The stuffed with rice green pepper at "The Sultan" a Turkish restaurant south of Barjomi tasted pretty good! I noticed my blood sugars didn't crazy spike like they once did. So my conclusion is my insulin sensitive has improved quite a bit.

Nice to see you here GQ.

Offline ML

« Reply #840 on: May 05, 2019, 10:21:25 AM »
Many thanks to Maxx, Steve and GQ for their comments.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #841 on: May 07, 2019, 04:41:12 AM »
Many thanks to Maxx, Steve and GQ for their comments.

You are welcome ML.

I went off of Keto for 2-3 days during my packing, moving and unpacking. My waking blood glucose numbers went into the low, low 100s, like 101 and 105. This morning my waking number was 87. Which is good. I recommend to anyone getting into Keto get a blood glucose monitor. I've found that when my numbers are under 100 I am in Ketosis. I've confirmed this with a Keto monitor. Unfortunately the Keto test strips are expensive at $1 each so I have been relying on glucose monitor instead.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #842 on: May 07, 2019, 04:42:44 AM »

Seems like a nice guy.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2019, 04:58:18 AM »
http://www.meputkre.ge/index.php?lang=2&menu=1

Moby, buy this honey. I have never tasted anything like it! It has a slight taste of licorice to it. It is enough to tempt me off of Keto!....

I see from their website there are a few varieties of it. Mine says in the fine print it comes from Arcadia blossoms. It has a most pleasant after taste. I've tested it 3 times to see if I am not imagining it. Definitely a licorice taste.   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 05:06:36 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
Tbilisi bikers ))

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #845 on: May 07, 2019, 06:55:12 PM »

Chris Rea ~ Road to Hell  (Real Bikers)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:58:51 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #846 on: May 08, 2019, 02:32:24 AM »

Hotel Imperial via booking.com£17..approx 21 USD ...Incredible value for a king size bed and a single bed with en suite.

Nino will let you stay at her place for 40 GEL a night or $100 a week if it is available. I think she likes to avoid the Airbnb fees.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:37:20 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Omega82

« Reply #847 on: May 15, 2019, 09:23:24 PM »
Maxx, considering the drastic change the US has gone through post 911, are you glad you've permanently relocated and if so specifically why? 

I truly feel we have less freedom now than in the 90's. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #848 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »
mistake - ignore

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:50:19 PM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #849 on: May 16, 2019, 12:18:08 AM »
To answer Omega's question I'll do it through my correspondence to my new Georgian acquaintance Jaba. Jaba is married to an American woman. He wants to know how they can get to America. He didn't know he was married to his ticket to get there.

Yes my wife is US citizen, born in Michigan, lived in Florida and Ohio. She has 2 kids there from the past man. However she doesn't own residency in US. If I we will go there I want to go legally and become legal immigrant. I don't have any criminal history at all, even a minor.

I did this process with my immigrant ex-wife 17 years ago. Unless things have changed this is what I know:
She doesn't need to own property there. She needs to earn $21,173 a year (I looked this up) in pre-tax income to sponsor an immigrant spouse. She would be required to show paycheck stubs that she earns at least this much money. She will be signing an I-864 Affidavit of Support and filing an I-130 relative petition with the USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) to get you a visa and on your way to a green card (LPR status) and then on to US citizenship if you want this. What she needs is a full time job (8 hours a day 5 days a week) that pays a little over $10 an hour to meet the minimum to sponsor you. In Ohio the minimum wage is $8.50 an hour. So if she got one of those jobs she would need to earn a little more by working a second shift or getting a part-time job working a day on the weekend. Many jobs pay MORE that $10 an hour so earning enough to get $21K a year minimum would be no problem. A minimum wage job can be working at McDonalds or a liquor store. These jobs are easy to get.

Near as I can figure the processing times once she submits the petitions would be about 2 to 6 months. Then you would be scheduled for interview at the US Embassy in Tbilisi to get a visa. Once in America you would apply for a Social Security Card and a Work Authorization Card. These usually come rather fast. A few weeks or so. Then you can legally work in the US while your green card is processing. Back when I did this with the ex getting a green card took 1 1/2 years. Citizenship 3 more years later if you are still married or 5 years if you are not. But all these rules and processing times might have changed.

"The United States Citizenship & Immigration Services, (USCIS) Vermont Service Center is now averaging 1-2 month processing time, the USCIS California Service Center is currently averaging a 4 month processing time."

There is also a Nebraska Service Center (for Ohio) and a Texas Service Center.

http://www.visapro.com/processin...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi...

Back when I did this the Vermont Service Center was by far the fastest in processing petitions. But the State of Ohio isn't in its jurisdiction. But the next State over Pennsylvania is but its minimum wage is only $7.25 an hour.

In short for you to get to America you and your wife will have to be apart for a while. Some money she earns will have to be spent on petition fees. These are not cheap but with an American income they affordable if she is thrifty and can save money. A U.S. immigration attorney once told me that is rather hard for the government to keep out a spouse of a US citizen. But it does take effort to get the ball rolling.
I hope this helps.14h ago

I reread the processing times for the Vermont Service Center. It said
I-130   Petition for Alien Relative   U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21   5 Months to 7 Months

Hi, thanks for all this information, I really appreciate the time you spent on this. After reading those information, I'm not sure if I want to go there. I don't think we can live one year without each other apart. Plus that horrible American healthcare worries me as I need doctors quite often, I don't have good health.

We can talk this over and perhaps get a long range plan for you and your wife. I take it you and your wife live in or near Tbilisi? My phone number is +995 555 XXX XXX. My email is XXXXX  at  Yahoo dat com and Skype address is XXXXXX
5m agoAll right, I saved you info. My phone is +995 591 XX XX XX and email is XXXX @gmail.com

I'll post here what I tell him about the negativities of living in America.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:19:54 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM