It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 456803 times)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
The Nile, is a big-ass river in Egypt
Denial is the thing you're feeling now...

how are you guys gonna feel, when I show you guys a guest bedroom that I filled with toilette paper from Costco last month...
literally YEARS of supply OR barter

a couple months from now, I'm gonna light my joints with rolls of flaming toilette paper
and watch you rednecks with inflamed irritated  hemorrhoids squirm...

an-ticipation...
it's making me wait...

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
There is a difference between 'Screened' and 'Tested'.   

I walked by a Kaiser Permanente Hospital today and the only thing I saw different from every other day is that every person I saw walking in and out of the hospital had a blue tag on that said:  'Screened'

I would assume that means temperature taken, but not fully tested for the virus.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

The Nile, is a big-ass river in Egypt
Denial is the thing you're feeling now...

how are you guys gonna feel, when I show you guys a guest bedroom that I filled with toilette paper from Costco last month...
literally YEARS of supply OR barter

a couple months from now, I'm gonna light my joints with rolls of flaming toilette paper
and watch you rednecks with inflamed irritated  hemorrhoids squirm...

an-ticipation...
it's making me wait...

Did you ever contemplate that you might be part of the problem, not the solution?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

• He/Him
hey, can't you see, "I'm WORKIN' here!"
geeezzz...

ching, ching, make it rain over here!
thirsty, baby bring it over here!

pieces of eight!
pieces of eight!

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
Jone,

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/03/18/kaiser-permanente-to-ramp-up-coronavirus-testing-by-next-week/

I remembered a report they were starting drive-through testing.

These drive-thru locations won’t be open to the public and are not being publicized, Kaiser spokespersons said, adding that for now coronavirus testing is only being made available to those who have insurance through Kaiser.

Guess one has to first be in a risk group, and experience serious symptoms, find a doctor that will prescribe the test for you and then go shopping for a test that takes 3-5 days to get results, *if* the processing lab has the capacity and materials to actually run the test.

brr....

Offline jone

BC,

I think they pretty well have identified the likely infected group already, meaning those that appear to have symptoms.   It is the group that is walking around without symptoms that is the danger.   And, until there is a test for everyone, we will never know who that group is.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
I have a son who worked for Hertz rental cars.
They just laid off about a third of their staff in
Austin, including him.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BC

jone,

Yes, that is why hunkering down is so important.  Yesterday the total number of tests here was 140,000, today 165,000 so we're doing approximately 25,000 tests per day over here.  CDC says they did 27,000+ tests from 18 January to 17 March including outside laboratories.

A bit of reassuring news from home.  My parents in their 80's live on an island. The access bridges to the island have been closed with passage allowed only with a permit.  Despite this, they are still staying home isolating themselves.  They have plenty of TP.

Offline BC

Sorry to hear that 2Tall.  Does his healthcare plan continue when laid off?

Offline BC

Ran across an interesting statistic.

During the period 11-17 March over a million people were controlled by police in outside areas. More than 43,000 citations/summons were issued. They will have to go to criminal court, pay a lawyer and end up paying a fine or jail time.  Around 1500 stores that should not have been open were shuttered and will also be fined etc.

My daughter said some idiots were putting stuffed toys on leashes and sticks and walking around like they were walking dogs.  I hope they got caught.

Late here so off to bed.  Stay safe, stay home.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Reports of hospitals getting low on supplies, getting more patients is being more widely reported in the US now.  Unfortunately, this is likely to continue.

I haven't read any reports on that. I do know hospitals been calling people to cancel to reduce their load. Also with early limits on group size and closing of schools, limiting or banning recreation, sports and events, there are less flu, colds, and injuries hospitals have to deal with. Our government did a good job to reduce the load in hospitals should a load of people infected with the virus show up.

I did read our government is considering spending a trillion dollars or more to fight the virus and give Americans $2000. It means we can expect to stay home longer than two weeks. Still won't solve the problem. More needs to be done to get the virus out of every human body. Trump has also banned evictions. Some companies are giving discounts on food. There will be more relief given to us by our government and private companies. Although only 150 died so far, America may spend more fighting COVID-19 than any war we've ever been in.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
Of the two doctors in critical condition, one is a man in his 40s in Washington state who was working at EvergreenHealth Medical Center in Kirkland. The area is at the center of one of the country’s largest COVID-19 outbreaks. The man, who is reportedly in critical but stable condition, had access to and complied with appropriate PPE procedures, the ACEP said. It’s unclear if the doctor contracted the virus while working or from community transmission.

The other in critical condition is a physician in his 70s in Patterson, New Jersey. The doctor led his institution’s emergency preparedness. He is in isolation in an intensive care unit.

http://arstechnica.com/staff/2020/03/us-healthcare-workers-already-hit-by-coronavirus-2-in-critical-condition/
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Earlier in this thread I mentioned watching a movie called *CONTAGION*. It was a 2011 movie with some pretty good actors and actresses playing in it. It was a movie depiction of the 2002-2003 SARS virus outbreak, but many parts of it is eerily similar to many things happening today.

This video sort of point important factoids of the movie as it relates to COVID-19. Almost prophetic.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
It's been announced earlier today that all schools in the UK are to closed for most pupils at the end of the week. The only children that will go to school will be those of key workers, ie, Nurses, Doctors, Police and Supermarket workers (usual for them to be seen as key workers).

Meanwhile, the numbers of deaths in Italy reached their highest ever today. Looks like they still have some way to go before they get out there of the woods.

Cases of Coronavirus and deaths jumped a bit here this last day or so. So it looks like we are on the start of the spiral upwards. In the Dorset area we only have had seven cases and a good few days gap after the first, 4 or 5 cases. So we are lucky here as numbers have been low so far avoiding the worst of it, so when lockdowns start to occur are stay at the family home and hopefully a vaccine or decrease in it will occur before a scenario like in Italy occurs.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mhr7

So, I've been in the States for the last 2 weeks and was due to go back to Russia yesterday. I caught the midnight flight from Denver to JFK, sat around for 8 hours not doing much of anything, went to thee Aeroflot check in when it opened and was told I couldn't board the plane. Even though the flight started on the 17th, it would have landed on the 18th after the border closing already had gone into effect. So I had to buy another ticket, wait 7 hours and come  back to Denver. 22 hours of my life wasted.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
see here, Trench my lad,
snap out of it!!!

the longer you survive compared to the other guys
the greater your Pooty Tang Potential (PTP) is gonna be...
cuz you're the one still breathin....
and as bad as you're probably gonna smell
it'll still be a whole lot better than the guys who aren't breathin....

Page 1 of Krimster's Post Apocalyptic Guide to Dating

yes, Trench even at a time like this you must consider
that man does not live by bread alone...

so Trench, are there any, well, you know...
attractive young single ladies in your area...
but you currently feel they are "out of your league"?
any....

Yeah, I've come around now Krim, I'm back in the survivalist mindset. My gas mask arrived today that I ordered. I'm going to keep that one in reserve in case the  really hits the fans. At the moment things are still pretty sedate where I am with few cases so I don't really have a need to even wear a respirator or paper mask as yet, but I'm ready with the whole range to suit purpose as it arises.

Together with a white protective overall with hood the gas mask makes it almost a hazmat suit but at a far cheaper price.

I've knocked the gym on the head for the past few weeks as it's just too risky. It's a pain as I was really starting to progress. However, I think I now have worked out a solution where I can do it at home by creating a decent space where I'll have space to move around.

Well anyway, if there are any hot birds around I'll tempt them with my supply of TP for now ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:46:56 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Gator

I won't answer point for point as we agree in many already.

Good.

I am not confident that at least early on those that passed in the US were tested.  After all, why waste a test in short supply when even doctors have a hard time getting themselves tested.

The first wave (before the travel ban) certainly were not tested.  The second wave were turned back unless they had permanent resident status.  The only tests I have read of were the passengers from the quarantined cruise ship.   

CDC is hopelessly lost and at least a week behind with getting test results out.

The CDC failed with the testing.  An Admiral from the USPHS directed the transition from CDC's manual tests to the new system, a private-public partnership of screening individuals,  collecting samples from individuals at PODS modules operated at retail locations,   and analyzing the samples at high throughput commercial laboratories. 

...how in hell are they going to be able to decide how many will need to be sent to hospitals that need them the most, much less so in advance based on the number of emerging cases? 

I am uncertain how that will be decided.  Multiple Federal agencies are involved, most of whom such as the FDA, CDC, and NIH are with the HHS Dept.  The USPHS is more independent, reporting to the Surgeon General.  Then come the state and local Health Departments.  The hospitals except for the VA are mostly private.  The hospitals will not want to invest in increasing their supply of expensive ventilators for what should be a short term need.   

This will not be perfect.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years

Later "The Omega Man" and then "I Am Legend"
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

BC,

Trump plans to invoke the Defense Protection Act.  The Act is the "primary source of Presidential authorities to expedite and expand the supply of resources from the U.S. industrial base to support military, energy, space, and homeland security programs."

I have never heard of it, and learned it is from the 1950s.  It seems it will allow Trump to cut through the bureaucratic morass to distribute supplies in  private sector  inventories to points of need to combat the disease. 

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
Beware of links for covid19 information.

Cybercriminals constantly latch on to news items that captivate the public’s attention, but usually they do so by sensationalizing the topic or spreading misinformation about it. Recently, however, cybercrooks have started disseminating real-time, accurate information about global infection rates tied to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic in a bid to infect computers with malicious software.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/03/live-coronavirus-map-used-to-spread-malware/
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline tfcrew

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
IMHO, it will be no later than next Tuesday, that the USA has NO CHOICE but to do a full shutdown....

I work this out, by taking the delivery date of the first check (April 6) minus 2 weeks - would make it March 23
so I'm calling it for next Monday as the shutdown day or Tuesday at the latest....

the first day after that, grocery stores will have lines and limits and a LOT more sick people than they used to have...
yes Virginia, sick people are showing up and standing in line with perfectly healthy people in order to get food...
during the time when the virus is hitting its peak

the recent selloff is the steepest drop in market history
if you guys with skin in the game don't sell it by tomorrow, then you will soon have NO skin....
your choice as to how big your losses will be depending on whether you sell tomorrow

the short term market ise was 100% due to the feds trillions,
to save the market, the fed would have to buy the entire market
and it's actually possible

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:02:16 PM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

Offline IvanM07

They have all us on our floor working remote to self quarantine since one guy got the WuFlu.

I'm cool with it, we'll see if I present symptoms in the next 2 weeks. Not particularly concerned either way. They did a 'Deep clean' of the office last 3 days.

Feel bad for friends in nonessential positions, thankfully Comms/Internet is deemed essential.

Offline BillyB

So, I've been in the States for the last 2 weeks and was due to go back to Russia yesterday. I caught the midnight flight from Denver to JFK, sat around for 8 hours not doing much of anything, went to thee Aeroflot check in when it opened and was told I couldn't board the plane. Even though the flight started on the 17th, it would have landed on the 18th after the border closing already had gone into effect. So I had to buy another ticket, wait 7 hours and come  back to Denver. 22 hours of my life wasted.

Nations, including Russia are creating new restrictions on a daily basis against citizens of nations in the hot zones. It's best citizens stay in or return to their home nation. It's a wild world we're living in now.

Report tells US policy makers to expect 18 months or more of the pandemic with multiple outbreaks. Folks, expect more hardship and no vaccine.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/u-virus-plan-anticipates-18-190626012.html

British cruise ship has an outbreak. No nation wants them but Cuba accepts them. Seriously, after all the news, people still taking cruises?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/virus-hit-cruise-ship-ms-braemar-docks-in-cuba-after-caribbean-odyssey/ar-BB11mE6E?ocid=spartanntp

Took a two hour drive to buy a transmission in Hoodsport, WA today. Their population is around 400 and basically in the middle of nowhere. I stopped at the food market and they were out of toilet paper, hand sanitizer and bread. There was a sign saying there was a limit of two milk but there wasn't even one milk available.

I was at a jobsite doing work for a new home. I used the honeybucket (portable potty). I told the owner he chose a good neighborhood to live in because nobody stole the toilet paper in the honeybucket. Toilet paper is so valuable now that it may someday be used as a form of currency. It may be cheaper to wipe your ass with a wad of $100 bills than with toilet paper.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1755
Most Online Ever: 12701