It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 3875 times)

Offline opaquephoenix

Hello All
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
Hello All!

First things first, I would truly like to thank you for hosting such a wonderful site. A little bit about myself, I am a 29-year-old that is finally finishing up my degree. I've had a decent run with women, but I'm pretty tired of the mentality of most American women and have been toying with the idea of moving to Eastern Europe when I'm done with school. I am of Slavic (Polish, and Lithuanian) and Scots Irish heritage. In moving, I'm very interested in either Poland or Ukraine, and I am currently self-studying both Russian and Polish. I have not been to either country and I am here to learn from you guys that have been there and done that. Thanks in advance!

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:44:28 AM »
At your age . . . stay in your own home country.  There are plenty of women here that you will find attractive.

This idea of going to Eastern Europe to find a woman is best left to guys aged 45 + who are seeking to take advantage of the economic disparity to hitch up with a gal with qualities they cannot attract in their home country.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 10:09:23 AM »
Welcome opaquephoenix!

Overseas dating is incredibly time-consuming and expensive many thousands of miles away. 

But if you have the opportunity to get a job and live elsewhere, sure! I would be looking at companies that have operations overseas.  Language skills are key and you are working on those.

I wouldn't actively look for a wife, and instead simply meet people with common interests and expand your personal network.  You'll inevitably run across many nice women you can ask out on dates.

Since you are working on learning Russian and Polish, why not put an advertisement for local native speakers of those languages to converse with on a regular basis and up your practical skills.  Even that can lead to interesting network connections. ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:10:54 AM by BC »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Hello All
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:19:13 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Hello All
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »

have been toying with the idea of moving to Eastern Europe when I'm done with school.

Figuring out how to swing it financially is usually the biggest challenge.

Teaching English, the Peace Corps, a church group, studying are paths
for younger people.

Here is an interesting career path Peace Corps to diplomatic corps.
http://www.peacecorps.gov/stories/corps-career-becoming-us-diplomat/

« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:00:30 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »
I am a 29-year-old that is finally finishing up my degree.

In moving, I'm very interested in either Poland or Ukraine, and I am currently self-studying both Russian and Polish. I have not been to either country and I am here to learn from you guys that have been there and done that. Thanks in advance!

Any idea if your particular degree will get you a job in Poland or Ukraine? Do you know what you will get paid over there? Have you visited any of those countries to see if you would even like living there? Sure the girls are pretty but there are reasons people over there move here more than people here move there.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 10:05:16 PM »

Sure the girls are pretty but there are reasons people over there move here more than people here move there.

A good point that is mostly not considered by several of the guys who come on here and tell of plans to move to the FSU or Eastern Europe in general.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 01:36:04 AM »
We are the same age. FSU is great, if you have an income , women are pretty. But western women are not the problem, it is just they don't need to take crap from anyone. I had relationships in both FSU and Western, both women are loving, and caring. It is more to do with the man. If you are saying you can pull a hot looking woman in FSU, then yes, i agree with you. You are able to find more attractive FSUW (Due to your income). Just make sure your income is good, don't play games in the FSU like many guys, as in forget about creating a career/business.

Anyways, i am maybe assuming too much about you, maybe you are a dating scientist, and can work remotely , generating a big income. I will put it this way , earning $1000 a month in certain parts of ukraine , is like generating $7000 a month in many western countries. Maybe post on what your career/business plans are, so we don't assume too much about you, as that is the main priority at our age. It is finding ourselves on what we can provide the world with, women is not the main thing, but is a great pass time.

Tyson Fury put it this way, and i agree and do his approach to life, train morning to night, when night comes, have fun, but when it is 6am , no matter who is in the bed, he was running at early morning. The women i have dated in the FSU, understood and respected that, i would work till 9pm, chill with them till 12am, and then go back to work till 2am, and wake up 7am, and repeat the process. Have as much fun as you want for those few hours, it is well worth the hard work. I don't discourage anyone living in FSU, just try and do it properly ,and not be lazy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:52:46 AM by japtats »

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 04:25:17 PM »
Hello All!

First things first, I would truly like to thank you for hosting such a wonderful site. A little bit about myself, I am a 29-year-old that is finally finishing up my degree. I've had a decent run with women, but I'm pretty tired of the mentality of most American women and have been toying with the idea of moving to Eastern Europe when I'm done with school. I am of Slavic (Polish, and Lithuanian) and Scots Irish heritage. In moving, I'm very interested in either Poland or Ukraine, and I am currently self-studying both Russian and Polish. I have not been to either country and I am here to learn from you guys that have been there and done that. Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

I'm off Irish heritage if I go back to the mid 1800 on one side of my family. Otherwise I'm English though some of my relatives think there may be some Viking ancestry. I've recently realised that I have some interesting traits from either side of my family despite just looking like I'm from one side of my family. The point is that it depends how far the East European heritage extends in you as to how helpful that might be.

Recent developments also count also Poland is a lot different since it has been in the EU than before. It's wealthier as a result and it's citizens are no longer confined to Poland or Eastern Europe, they have most of western Europe in which to move. Poland may be a bit different after the virus & Brexit but chances are it's women still won't be as desperate to land a Western Man as Ukrainian, Belarusian & Russians are. The other thing is that the women in Poland are Catholic so may struggle to be seen as an option if you aren't Catholic (or at the very, very least religious somewhere near the Catholic faith). The other thing is that they are dubious at best of foreign men in the big cities that are well trafficked with foreign men. I've been to Krakow and most girls just avoid the looks of guys in the city centre there.

Ukrainian girls are usually a lot easier (Orthodox religion or not religious in general) and are eager to find a guy who can provide well for them. If you're looking to earn the decent money needed abroad and not live of an independent income from investments in the West then Moscow is probably the best place for a career. I know of a Russian woman who was training up a uni guy in the Russian language, he was going to finish his finance degree and look for a job in Moscow.

Might be worth a holiday out that way first and meet a few FSW (Former Soviet Women). It can be a bit of a culture shock experiencing their environment for the first few times. FSW are nice and traditional over western women so have their advantages but some may just see you as a meal ticket rather than true love in a relationship in my opinion.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline opaquephoenix

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
Hey all,

First off thanks for the wonderful welcome! Without revealing too many public details, and to answer a few questions. I am getting a practically useless degree, but it's from an extremely prestigious university (US News top 10), which will allow for a decent remote job that is based in the states. I plan on attending one of the many English language medical schools in one of those countries (there are several that meet the US gold standard), mostly due to cost factors. As far as Western women, it's not that I haven't had success with them, it's just that after dating (briefly) a couple of FSU and Latin American women I guess that I view Western women as boring. I was lucky enough to live in New York for a while and had the luxury of meeting women of all different cultures.

ViVi

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 12:40:47 PM »
 Hello, opaquephoenix:)
 I will support many participants in the discussion. Continue to build your career and meet different women from different countries. Many women in Russia at your age do the same. 
Trips in countries that interest you will give you answers to your questions...
On the issue of language learning there are many recommendations from respected forum elders.
All women are interesting, but just some suit you;)
I wish you to find what you are looking for anywhere in the world.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM