It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...  (Read 109089 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
Quote from: Eduard on Today at 03:01:02 PMScotty, so you too went to Ukaine with the same "unnamed" tour group?

I did not go on any tours in Ukraine, nor did I use agencies. I employed the services of Jack Bragg and his associate Val for apartments, travel arrangements, etc. I think very highly of Jack and Val. Both of them are trustworthy in my book.

You didn't get the point, Noel........  :popcorn:
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »
Quote from: Eduard on Today at 03:01:02 PMScotty, so you too went to Ukaine with the same "unnamed" tour group?You didn't get the point, Noel........  :popcorn:

Doesn't now anyway. He has been appropriately chastised by Dan!!!!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »

Doesn't now anyway. He has been appropriately chastised by Dan!!!!

To be clear, RWD has in the past become a battleground of sorts for a variety of Commercial Members. At the present time, Ed has an axe to grind with Jack and vice versa. When one, or the other, begins to 'pick at scabs,' left unattended, they become full-scale conflagrations. This was a clear case of Ed picking at one of those scabs, so I stepped in to stop it before it gets started.

I see no value to RWD or her members to yet another pissing match between Ed and Jack. There is plenty of flotsam already at RWD evidencing their disdain for one another. Nothing left to expose or divulge for or about either of them. Any engagement, therefore, is the result of one (or both) of them acting to effectively 'soil' this venue.

- Dan

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »
rivardco,

Here is a tip you might want to try while you are there.
There is a very popular dating site where the locals post their profiles and has no connection with agencies.  To give you an idea, I searched Cherkasy for women between 30 and 50 and came up with over 800 profiles.  Also, I shoud mention that there are very few glamor shots or studio photos.

The site is  http://badoo.com

One of things I tried was to list my profile and then set the location in my profile to the city I am planning to visit.  By doing this, women in that city look at "people nearby" to search for dates.  It is amazing the amount of interest it generates.  You also can see who has read your profile.  The messages between you and the ladies are free both directions and a good opportunity to exhange phone numbers, email addresses, Skype names, etc.
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
In the true vein of one up manship. I can better this. Last year in Hong Kong I sent out through the hotel our laundry. Several shirts, a few pair of shorts, maybe one pair of jeans, various under clothes. Nothing one load in our washing machine couldn't have easily handled. They knocked on the door to pick it up and we got it back the next day. Billed to our room, of course.

When it came back the next day, even the underwear and socks were on individual hangers. Total cost was 2630 Hong Kong dollars. I saw it but wasn't alarmed. Afterall how much is a load of laundry? Somewhere in the neighborhood of $320 USD

Offline calmissile

« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2012, 08:44:07 PM »
Afterall how much is a load of laundry? Somewhere in the neighborhood of $320 USD

A few of those incidents could really mess with your budget!      :)
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »

Years ago a RWD committee of men and women wrote a set of guidelines for men's behavior when dating FSUW.   Daveman surveyed a number of FSUW who had dated foreign men .   The guidelines total a few pages yet can be summarized in one word, respect.

The guidelines are here:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=24

Great guidelines, but I'm afraid these are like self-help books: those who read them won't heed them, and those who need them won't read them.
“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Point well taken on Baddo.  I am just a little tired of online stuff right now, but perhaps I will give it a whirl?

Is it possible to meet women locally - of course.  It has been simple for me.  But, there is a SLIGHT problem with this too.  The skills of meeting a woman and breaking the ice, also puts her on alert that you do that type of thing all the time.  Here is the deal - there are too many women here!  And, the presumption that you are a foreigner visiting her beautiful country, nice people, etc...  does not hold any water at all!   

If you must, say you are on business.   Don't tell them how great their country is BLA BLA BLA   (This works great in Colombia BTW.  Does not work here.)

Look, I have had more choices in recent years that any one man should.   Even on this trip: Berlin, Prauge, Bratislava ... I met interesting women who were worthy to get to know.   I met a couple fine women in Kiev that did not want any part of me because of my travel plans (1+1=2)   In Kharkov, maybe there would be too much temptation to just play and date young women, at least to me at this time in my life?   I am in a place now  feels more sober and slow (I would not say necessarily honest!   People do not look you in the eye, except bully police.   This place is similar to Colombia in that there is NO social fabric, there is no common good.  Have you seen the common areas of the apartments!!  Looks like a nuclear explosion.  Then, on occasion, you meet the individual, and an entirely different set of values and morals are in place.)

I think it is very very possible to find very very good women everywhere, especially in Ukraine - in every way!  Agencies are what they are, but they still save time and filter.   Most of these women have some baggage, but so do we.   

And, here is something very very powerful that I am only beginning to fully understand:  Depending on who you are, an AM has the ability to design a prosperous, happy life using an expanded set of choices that is simply NOT available to 98% of the people in Ukraine.  (HELL!  Colombia is much better!)   That makes a decent, hard working, honest, family guy very very attractive - more than physical and true wealth.  I think the normal women here, the ones without children especially, want a good husband and father mostly; not an apartment on Madison Ave and a Porsche.  So, the real challenge for a normal man is simply how to position that asset, and his character to the woman who is leery. (THIS is especially true for me by virtue that did not have any communication BEFORE my arrival.  Now that I know what I know, THAT was probably a mistake.

The biggest challenge is building familiarity and trust NATURALLY after you have taken the chance to travel around the world to see "what if." The tick of the clock and "natural" are in absolute conflict for most guys. For me, relaxing and balancing the mind has been very helpful.   I am fortunate! I can work here on the Internet (client correspondence, conference calls, ect...)  So, I just as easy can say: "I can not see you today, I have to work", as the women.

One last note.  After you have gone through enough beauties to satisfy one's male curiosity.  And, after you realize that there is no perfect woman.  And, after you truly want someone to grow a real human relationship with ... then, surprisingly, MANY MANY woman are ideal and suitable matches worthy - more than worthy - of time and care.  I remember Blues Fairy commenting on what she told her husband to be upon leaving him after their first meeting:"It is in your hands."  At the time that struck me as interesting.  Now it strikes me as the simple truth of things.

TIME & MAKING ACCURATE OBSERVATIONS ARE THE ONLY SOLUTION - none of this is THAT BIG of a mystery

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:02:30 AM by rivardco »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2012, 02:32:09 AM »
One last note.  After you have gone through enough beauties to satisfy one's male curiosity.  And, after you realize that there is no perfect woman.  And, after you truly want someone to grow a real human relationship with ...
+1
When you are no any longer impress by beauty you have the correct perception to focus about the true qualities you are expecting from the woman. She is what she is physically, but the most pleasant surprises come from her character, behavior, worths.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »
And, here is something very very powerful that I am only beginning to fully understand:  Depending on who you are, an AM has the ability to design a prosperous, happy life using an expanded set of choices that is simply NOT available to 98% of the people in Ukraine. That makes a decent, hard working, honest, family guy very very attractive - more than physical and true wealth.
Umm, it seems  the american citizenship makes a man  "decent, hard working, honest, family guy" :).  Don't overestimate the ability to design a prosperous, happy life in USA.  Prosperous existence - the most likely to be no problem, but the definition of the happy life can be quite different in FSUW mind.  In other respects I completely agree, you know now how to look very attractive for FSUW.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
Umm, it seems  the american citizenship makes a man  "decent, hard working, honest, family guy" .  Don't overestimate the ability to design a prosperous, happy life in USA.  Prosperous existence - the most likely to be no problem, but the definition of the happy life can be quite different in FSUW mind.

What do you know that you are not saying?

And, I don't think American Citizenship is the key.  Personally, I would not have the sole intention of bringing a woman back to the USA.  That is NO "Home Field Advantage" - not by a mile.   This place is nice enough for 4 months?!?!   I love the Dominican Republic, and am very familiar there.  A couple months - YEARS ( LOL ) - of trust building ... anything is possible.  BUT, I do not think it is easy for a 30 year old woman with friends and family to just turn a switch and live - HAPPILY - in the USA.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:41:05 AM by rivardco »

Offline Gylden

« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »

What do you know that you are not saying?

And, I don't think American Citizenship is the key.  Personally, I would not have the sole intention of bringing a woman back to the USA.  That is NO "Home Field Advantage" - not by a mile.   This place is nice enough for 4 months?!?!   I love the Dominican Republic, and am very familiar there.  A couple months - YEARS ( LOL ) - of trust building ... anything is possible. BUT, I do not think it is easy for a 30 year old woman with friends and family to just turn a switch and live - HAPPILY - in the USA.

ALthough it is not easy, depending on the person, you might even find some who enjoy the change.
Take yourself for example, you seem to enjoy new places and challenges.
Myself, I have relocated, moved far away from friends/family and it has gone quite well.
I think the real secret is to fine the right type of woman.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
In the interests of being balanced ...

I  have been in contact with a couple guys that stayed on the tour, and they continue to report the negatives and BS - BUT, there are also successes and real possibilities too.   So, for those that are not seasoned travelers, it may not be a bad idea.  HELL, it may not have been a bad idea for me, in retrospect to achieve the goal of identifying several good women in order to develop future real relationships!

BUT, For me, personally, it just felt too damn uncomfortable.

The tours and the agencies have a narrative that stresses an AM's assets - freedom, wealth, citizenship, bad Ukrainian Men, and so on and so on.   And, while some of this is grounded in some truth; it is a slippery slope.  For example VIP service.  If you place a AM in a VIP setting who is not accustomed to it, most of the time he comes off as "thin", status starved. It is not becoming or attractive to desirable women.   

Another example is female attention.  Let's face it!  In what planet does an attractive woman show up for a "date" / "interview" as if they are a seeking a job?!?!?   It reverses the power equation of dating; ahhh, but is it real?  I could not help to notice that an attractive woman that was willing to meet me was also willing to meet 4 OTHER MEN ON THE SAME DAY.  I don't object to the woman having choices - que es la vida.  But, all 4 men are staggeringly different - different ages, different looks, different personalities and likes.  What is this woman seeking, really?

It has to be more normal in order to be real IMO!!  I think a first time WMVM is a double edged sword.  It is, in my opinion, a scavenger hunt that only can set up a second trip.   Also, is it not damn near a COMPLETE was of time trying to attract a woman that has zero English?!?!? 

For me, I am remaining in a small town and moving at a snail's pace.    I have caught up on loads of work.  If this continues, it will cost me money to return home HAHAHA
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:13:13 AM by rivardco »

Offline Simoni

« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2012, 02:20:48 AM »
Tim-- it's nice to read of your long past due Ukrainian adventure!

This last post has two points that I absolutely found true:

1) It is a near waste of time to meet women who speak near zero English; and

2) A trip like this at best sets up a followup trip to focus more on one person.

However for me, a trip similar to yours set up a three month, several thousand text message conversation that led to four more trips and marriage.  So, it's worth meeting a lot of people because you may click with one person and she may become the one for you.  That's what happened to me.

~Simoni.

Offline Simoni

« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2012, 02:32:26 AM »
But then again, newbies should know there are no absolutes.

I know of one Admin here who married a girl with no English and they are happily married.  I know of other couples who also worked through the no English barrier.  But for me, having a choice, and knowing the challenges that marriage and culture shock present, I wanted to meet someone fluent in my language.

One more thought--many here think that WMVM is bad.  But what about write none visit none and marry?  We have one couple friend here in Connecticut that are a happy product of an arranged marriage!

So let's be open in how we view others.

Offline missAmeno

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2012, 03:16:39 AM »
Another example is female attention.  Let's face it!  In what planet does an attractive woman show up for a "date" / "interview" as if they are a seeking a job?!?!?   It reverses the power equation of dating; ahhh, but is it real?  I could not help to notice that an attractive woman that was willing to meet me was also willing to meet 4 OTHER MEN ON THE SAME DAY.  I don't object to the woman having choices - que es la vida.  But, all 4 men are staggeringly different - different ages, different looks, different personalities and likes.  What is this woman seeking, really?

What do you seek?  ;)  Are all your dates have same age, similar look and personalities? Is it really that strange to see women to use same logic as men?

Offline Gator

« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2012, 06:59:29 AM »
I could not help to notice that an attractive woman that was willing to meet me was also willing to meet 4 OTHER MEN ON THE SAME DAY.  I don't object to the woman having choices - que es la vida.  What is this woman seeking, really?

Pot....kettle....black.

Or as MsAmeno wrote,

What do you seek?  ;)  Are all your dates have same age, similar look and personalities? Is it really that strange to see women to use same logic as men?

Tim, it seems that you prefer to have a long line of beauties who can meet only you.  If they fail to meet your criteria, they must return to their dismal flat and wait for the phone to ring?  Such is egotistical.   BTW, FSUW do not like egotistical.  Almost as bad as "greedy."

Having the ability to meet different men whom she has preselected  makes a woman appear less   like a horse being paraded before buyers.

But, all 4 men are staggeringly different - different ages, different looks, different personalities and likes.

Good!   That suggests the women are open minded.  Maybe you should be more open minded?  Some might say a woman is "desperate" to accept any man. However, I had the impression that these women   were selective about whom they met.

Tim, I have never been on a tour.  I heard negative reports from RW about Anastasia-type socials.   In contrast, I read reports from experienced men such as Turboguy that Jack's tour model is far better.  Bottom line:  the concept of a tour was not for you.  Too bad you could not determine that fact before participating.  However, once immersed, you were decisive.  It's over, and the important fact is that on your own you have met a high quality woman.  You will meet more because there are many indeed high quality women.

Offline Gator

« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »

It is a near waste of time to meet women who speak near zero English

Or is it better worded as "with women who speak limited English it will  take a much longer time to become confident about your long-term compatibility."

Most men do not have that much time and/or patience.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »
QUOTE = What do you seek?    Are all your dates have same age, similar look and personalities? Is it really that strange to see women to use same logic as men?
Well, everything sounds good ... you have to try things on in life.  But, yes to me, I felt it was DAMN strange :)

You know what?!?!?  All posts comments and observations here tend to "OVER THINK" everything BIG TIME.   There is no right way,  or wrong way.  You cannot gauge and measure your way into a successful relationship - we all know better than that!  And, by the way, the value of marriage is itself over estimated here.  Marriage is GREAT when it works!  But, there are just as many horror stories as successes.  You have to be a well adjusted, unselfish human being to be a good spouse. Too much consumerism is a surefire sign of selfishness, and that is 99% of the MOB narrative.

And, I did correct things fast when I knew they needed to be corrected (the tours are good for some guys, but not for me)    I am happy now.   I am in a BEAUTIFUL town!!!!!!  This reminds me of the harbor at St. Simons Island in look and feel (without the water)  Sleepy, Relaxed.  No traffic.  Green.   I wish you could see the view outside my 4th story flat, tree tops with Gold Church Steeples two blocks away. I go to the same cafes and shops.  People are getting much nicer now that they are seeing me over and over (AND, I always offer a new simple Russian word, or sentence)  GREAT GREAT GREAT

I met with other agency owners and managers just to triangulate.   I have not had any other meetings in agencies.  I want to know only one woman at this time.  I am beginning to get a grip on her, and it feels very good.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:08:42 AM by rivardco »

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
I wish you could see the view outside my 4th story flat, tree tops with Gold Church Steeples two blocks away.
Give us a photo, then ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
Here you go ..

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:14 AM »
Starting to miss Pandora internet radio and Netflix 

ANY IDEAS / ALTERNATIVES?

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2012, 03:33:29 AM »
Tim, it seems that you prefer to have a long line of beauties who can meet only you.  If they fail to meet your criteria, they must return to their dismal flat and wait for the phone to ring?  Such is egotistical.   BTW, FSUW do not like egotistical.  Almost as bad as "greedy."

I know I have stated my observations flatly here - maybe rudely too?    But, they are MY HONEST opinions. I have no axe to grind.

It is not that I seek imbalanced handicap in an already imbalanced environment - directly to the contrary.  I think the women should be given the full range of choices now!   I do not want for a woman to have little choice, then me only serve as a bridge to a world of greater choices where I loose her favor.   LET'S GET TO THE TRUTH OF THING ASAP.

I do think that, in agency settings, there is this idea of a "date" which is horseshit.  If a woman has an open day, and if she is curious about meeting a foreign man, I think she will meet anyone with a pulse.   Only after that does any type of relationship calculus start.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2012, 05:09:50 AM »
Starting to miss Pandora internet radio and Netflix 

ANY IDEAS / ALTERNATIVES?

If the bandwidth is high enough, look into a proxy or vpn service, that way those services will "think: you are coming from a USA based address.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »

I have to admit this last week has been "nice."  BUT I AM AN UNCOMFORTABLE SUITOR. I "think" about my behavior towards this woman - which is something I have not done in a long time. I know I might be an extreme example. My recent dating patterns have been very lopsided to women with less "inhibitions."  I am much more "competent" with these types of women  we call "pro-daters / scammers", ect.. 

I am far less accomplished with my current object of affection. 

This week, I feel like I am at the Betty Ford Clinic for the pick up artists LOL   I am more and more attracted and drawn to her.  However, this is not a HOT attraction based on attractive personalities, social structures, or psychical attraction.  It is more human and slow. 

Being patient and investing time here may end up being the best move I could make, or not. In either case, it was not a waste of time.   We will see.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:36:18 AM by rivardco »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541005
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1877
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM