It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Elena’s Models 2 Weeks Report  (Read 152117 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Elena’s Models 2 Weeks Report
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »
The police in Belarus do not seem to be nearly as corrupt as the world famous Ukrainian police (I mean world famous Ukrainian police in a very negative way). Therefore, I do not envision myself getting stopped repeatedly by the Belarussian police and getting shaken down for $20, $30 etc.. because I am a "Dumb American. That is one huge advantage I see in Belarus relative to Kharkiv.

Tread, slow down moy droog. This is my third time in Ukraine and have visited Kyiv, Kharkiv and Chernobyl/Pripyat. I have literally never once felt unsafe, or have ever been stopped by the police. You've really got the wrong impression about things here. There is also the new police force who are supposed to be better about the whole shakedown thing. Yes, the country is still in the shitter but the people are genuinely down-to-earth and welcoming. You're blowing things WAY out of proportion.

You do realize that Belarus is nicknamed "The last dictatorship in Europe", right? I'd venture to guess that your chances of getting asked for your papers while walking the street are FAR greater there than here. Lukashenko is no angel and the way he runs the country will probably not land him on the list of Top 10 Most Benevolent Leaders of The World.

That said, there's a damn good chance that I will expand my search there if need be in the future, but I'm leave the rose colored glasses on my nightstand.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
I have a woman from Dnipropetrovsk that I have been writing she is a 42 year old physican.  She says she does not have Skype right now, but that she can find a place or a way to Skype later.  She asks if I would like her number to call her??  I am asking her if she has a VK account, but have not heard back.  Is it normal for them in Ukraine to not have Skype??  Also, if you guys call do you use Skype or viber, or what method do you use that is the cheapest??  Thanks.

I'd find it a little strange if she was 22 and didn't have Skype but really wouldn't question her if she's 42. That's right around my vintage and we're certainly not as techno hip as those in their 20s.

Get her number and call her. Use a calling card or whatever's cheap. You run the risk of not showing enough interest in her mind if you're niggling her too much about what method of communication to use. If you're interested in her, get on it. Then when you talk to her on the phone for the first time you can once again suggest the alternate methods of communicating.

Also, a 42 year old physician doesn't fit the scammer profile. All IMHO of course....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:48:34 PM by GuppyCaptain »

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
One thing is for sure. I will be observing the Mordinson website very carefully over the next few days. If I note that the 12 or 15 most beautiful women on the Mordinson website suddenly disappear (Have their pictures and profile removed from the site), then I will know that GuppyCaptain has worked his devilish charm and truly is Rico Suave, and he has tons of gorgeous Mordinson women begging him to marry them and bring them back to Pennsylvania.  :P  Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church would only be too proud of Guppy, that little player.  >:(

Damn Tread! Why can't you be a female and hot? With that level of admiration I'd marry you in a heartbeat  :-*

Seriously though, I had a hell of an interesting day. I first went out with XXXXX who was a 10 month refugee from Donetsk. She spoke 70% English and was a little rough around the edges. It was fascinating talking to her about the situation in Donbass and also very sad. The story about her and her friends hanging out outside of their flat was sobering. It was during the initial stages of the separatists seizing control of the city and they had set a curfew that XXXXX and her friends didn't know about. A carload of them pulled up and started firing their machine guns into the air. They let XXXXX go but her friend got arrested. Not once did I feel that she was trying to use her situation or her past as sympathy though.

I knew we weren't a good match but still invited her to dinner later in the day to talk to her some more. We had a great conversation about many things and she opened up to me about her and her family's story. It took some effort not to have the White Knight Syndrome start rolling in my brain.

I also had a candid talk with her about why I didn't feel we were the future Mr. & Mrs. GuppyCaptain and she was quite understanding about it. It was an interesting and fulfilling date to say the least and she was just one of those people you feel lucky to have met in life. I really, really wish her the best.

The second date of the afternoon was with YYYYY. She spoke 10% English. There was no chemistry there so it got wrapped up rather quickly. I kind of knew there wouldn't be, but hey.....

Then it was time to meet VVVV, a 31 year old pediatrician. NICE lady to say the least. She's truly a quality woman who's intelligent, down-to-earth, and well put together. Honestly, I just don't feel attracted enough to her to consider anything long-term, but that woman is totally marriage material. Very impressed otherwise.

And so tomorrow's another day and one day closer to seeing IIIII again who I'm rather smitten with to say the least. It's good to have choices but I really am trying to be objective and serious about finding "The One".

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:00:51 PM by GuppyCaptain »

Offline Larry1

« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:54 PM »
That being said, I have been reading a few threads here on RWD about the Passport and Visa requirements for Belarus, and that stuff is very complicated. I do not understand a lot of it. I have never traveled outside of the US before (yeah I know I suck). I am actually worried about traveling to Belarus and the difficulties I might potentially have with passport / visa issues. That is really the only negative thing I see right now with Belarus. But the fact that Belarussian women are much skinnier and a tiny bit prettier, on average than Ukrainian women (not to mention the most important fact that there are very few dishonest / scammer girls from Belarus that I have found on Mamba from checking their corresponding VK profiles) right nows outweighs the future potential difficulties I possibly foresee as a result of the Visa / Passport issues associated with Belarus.

Don't worry about getting a visa to visit Belarus. I always used Cinderella Travel to obtain visas to Belarus and Russia. I never had a problem. You can print out a copy of the application from their website, complete it as far as you can, then send it to Cinderella Travel, along with your passport. They will finish completing the application and take it to the consulate. You don't have to worry about an invitation. Then presto they send your passport back to you with a visa for Belarus pasted into it.

If Dasha is still handling visas there the customer service will be excellent.

http://cinderellatravel.com/visas_belarus.php

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2016, 06:03:54 PM »
Larry, you mean this bypasses the need for an invite from someone residing in Belarus?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2016, 07:37:55 PM »
Treadmilldude, I've used  gotorussia for a Tourist Visa to Russia with similar requirements of Belaus. which says the applicant must provide an original invitation issued by an authorized Belarus travel agency. If you would like for Go To Russia Travel to obtain such invitation for you, please contact us for details. In most cases, a reservation at a hotel and booking of travel services is required in order to obtain a tourist invitation. Additional fees (cost of invitation, international shipping), besides cost of travel arrangements, will apply.

If Larry's recommended company can get you that invitation without needing one from a hotel, then use them. Gotorussia did that for me for Russia but they ask clients to contact them for details for the invitation to Belarus. Also check out the link below. It says one requirement is that you have medical insurance that will cover you in Belarus? I don't know if this is a new requirement or old but take that into consideration so you don't get turned around if you decide to go there.

http://www.gotorussia.com/visa_services_belarus.htm
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2016, 02:49:39 AM »
Just a quick question guys, I know when I go to meet this girl I need to get her a present. However, would I get her parents/family also? I've never met them, won't be meeting them this visit and meeting her outside her home town, also will be first time I've physically meet her. I'm thinking not as I'm not going to meet them to me it would seem a bit oddball to do so, however, I thought it better to ask on here just in case as I know a few things that seem odd to us do come up in FSU dating.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2016, 03:34:57 AM »
Just a quick question guys, I know when I go to meet this girl I need to get her a present. However, would I get her parents/family also? I've never met them, won't be meeting them this visit and meeting her outside her home town, also will be first time I've physically meet her. I'm thinking not as I'm not going to meet them to me it would seem a bit oddball to do so, however, I thought it better to ask on here just in case as I know a few things that seem odd to us do come up in FSU dating.

Given the circumstances I definitely wouldn't get them a present. You're not meeting the parents directly. You're meeting the lady for the first time and in another city no less. Does she have any children?

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2016, 06:54:55 AM »

Well thought out individual gifts/presents while appreciated are not necessary. Keep in mind to never go to someone's home empty handed. Always have something. Wine, whiskey cake or something for all to enjoy. That said it is a good idea to buy a number of things for personal gifts to have in case you need them. Nothing expensive but something for man, woman, child just in case you need them. Always be prepared

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2016, 09:37:48 AM »
Yup ^^^. Also, gifts unique to your own country are a great idea. I brought over a wheel of Wisconsin Cheddar encased in wax and it was greatly appreciated in Ukraine as something unique to the U.S.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:06:48 AM by GuppyCaptain »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:05 AM »
Yup ^^^. Also, gifts unique to your own country are a great idea. I brought over a wheel of Wisconsin Cheddar encased in wax and it was greatly appreciate in Ukraine as something unique to the U.S.

Stop giving away our precious assets.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2016, 10:06:03 AM »
Stop giving away our precious assets.

Lmfao. Should I be exporting our women instead? Would you miss them less than the cheese?

Offline redfeather

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2016, 10:49:19 AM »
Lmfao. Should I be exporting our women instead? Would you miss them less than the cheese?
GC, please export them all nobody will care.  While your at it sprinkle them around to different countries and be sure to give millions of them to Iraq and Iran.  Okay only joking.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2016, 03:42:18 PM »
Yup ^^^. Also, gifts unique to your own country are a great idea.

Not just a great idea but an absolute must. It would be a disaster for a guy to buy a gift made in China. All gifts, especially the first time gifts, should be made in ones home country. Gifts have meaning to women and the gift should give the her a memory for a lifetime. It doesn't have to be expensive to be meaningful. My wife's favorite gift was a book of scenic Washington State, the place where I live. The book showed her what her future home could look like.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
GC, please export them all nobody will care.  While your at it sprinkle them around to different countries and be sure to give millions of them to Iraq and Iran.  Okay only joking.

Come on now. According to a recent thread, there are some on here who would take great exception to this notion. Interestingly they're all married to FSUW.  ;D

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2016, 05:47:14 PM »

Not just a great idea but an absolute must. It would be a disaster for a guy to buy a gift made in China. All gifts, especially the first time gifts, should be made in ones home country. Gifts have meaning to women and the gift should give the her a memory for a lifetime. It doesn't have to be expensive to be meaningful. My wife's favorite gift was a book of scenic Washington State, the place where I live. The book showed her what her future home could look like.

Fantastic idea. Btw, my second favorite state behind CO and also my favorite U.S. (Seattle). Does the wifey love it as well? Where was she from in the FSU?

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
I brought over a wheel of Wisconsin Cheddar encased in wax and it was greatly appreciated in Ukraine as something unique to the U.S.

As someone living in the home of Cheddar region - the west of England - the village from whence it takes it's name .. I have to question the 'unique / Americaness'  :D

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_cheese[url]

Cheddar in wax is common in most UK supermarkets ...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2016, 02:59:19 AM »
Given the circumstances I definitely wouldn't get them a present. You're not meeting the parents directly. You're meeting the lady for the first time and in another city no less. Does she have any children?

Yeah, that's what I figured but thought better check as I know guys on here a lot more on top of the cultural customs thing than me. Well no she doesn't have any children at least I hope not, lol, she had no for had children on her profile and she's told me she wants children. The good news for me is that she is an only child :) which means I won't have to buy a load of presents if it comes to visiting, so both convient and money saving. She just lives with her parents and has cousins in other cities in the Ukraine. I guess where the savings occur as well as her home town is a long distance from Kiev so won't be meeting her parents in the trip not this time anyway.

Thanks very much everyone for contributions I've got a much better idea now of what to get her. I'll definitely try for something local, I've got a couple of ideas on that, won't be cheese as not really that region for it but got some good local stuff around that seems relevant. Good I asked as was thinking along the lines of perfume so yeah something more local than that should be a far better way to go :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GuppyCaptain

« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2016, 03:17:41 AM »
Just remember Trench that the FSU mentality has very specific views on what gifts are appropriate for a man and what's appropriate for a woman. For example, you'd probably never buy a bottle of liquor for a woman. Perhaps some of the others can expand on this as I've got to bolt for now.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2016, 08:17:13 PM »
Does the wifey love it as well?

She loves the Seattle area and Pacific NW. We drove all over the Western states and there are beautiful things to see but she considers Washington her home.

Where was she from in the FSU?

I found her living in Libya because her mom worked there as a doctor but she's Ukrainian.

For example, you'd probably never buy a bottle of liquor for a woman.

I dated a RW in the states who told me a RM brought a bottle of vodka as a gift on a first date. He didn't get to go on that first date. FSU women I dated in the states requested I bring alcohol on the date(not a 1st date) and it usually ended well.

Offline ML

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2016, 08:31:24 PM »
she had no for had children on her profile

Pray it isn't the same as when many of them say 'no' with regard to whether they smoke.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
Pray it isn't the same as when many of them say 'no' with regard to whether they smoke.

LOL  :D Yeah, I hope it isn't since I don't smoke and 'apparently' neither does she but have heard a fair bit from various sources many get surprised.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2016, 02:39:59 PM »

Whatever you do, never, and I mean NEVER bring a set of knives as a present. Things typical from home are the best. Sacks of cash are the worse.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2016, 02:43:54 PM »
Come on now. According to a recent thread, there are some on here who would take great exception to this notion. Interestingly they're all married to FSUW.  ;D

Well, if you are into slavery, please, by all means. I'm sure I was one of the "some" and definitely I would have a problem with that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2016, 02:46:30 PM »
Just remember Trench that the FSU mentality has very specific views on what gifts are appropriate for a man and what's appropriate for a woman. For example, you'd probably never buy a bottle of liquor for a woman. Perhaps some of the others can expand on this as I've got to bolt for now.

Oh? Mind expanding on that?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1998
Total: 2007

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM