It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sending flowers in Odessa  (Read 4741 times)

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Sending flowers in Odessa
« on: January 28, 2005, 11:30:06 PM »

I have been seeing/writing a lady in Odessa for a little over two years and the agency we met through had tried some of the usual questionable business practices (I was told she only interested as a friend and she was told that I was not interested in her at all) .  Of course the agency had other ladies they could introduce me to for a nominal fee of course.  We had exchanged e-mails without the agenices knowledge and things returned to normal (as can be expected).  The only good thing about this agency (aside from introducing us) is they only charged 60.00 USD to deliver 13 red roses and take a photograph.  I know the agency probably went to the flower mart at Sobornaya Sq. and paid half of what they charged me.  I want to send 13 red roses for Valentines Day and the prices seem to be around 150.00 USD (plus delivery fee), does anyone have any ideas or business they could recommend that would be cheaper?   If I have no other options I will pay it.

Thank you in advance

P.S I would like to thank Chuck in DC for recommending this site and congratulate him on his newborn.  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 11:37:00 PM by acrzybear »
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Goombah

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 02:30:21 AM »
Suggest you send 11 or 15, 13 is still considered to be an unlucky number.

Kevin C.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 02:37:16 AM »
Try this link : http://www.russianflora.com/

For 11 rose : 69.95$

And you have not only flower... and you can make your own composition ...

Bruno

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • Helping People Understand Each Other
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 01:11:56 PM »
Quote from: acrzybear
I want to send 13 red roses for Valentines Day and the prices seem to be around 150.00 USD (plus delivery fee), does anyone have any ideas or business they could recommend that would be cheaper?

That's a little bit too expensive probably. I don't often do it but I have had some occasional requests to deliver flowers in Odessa over years and I charged between $30 and 50 for the delivery (I think it is fair if it only takes two hours), and as for red roses they cost about $2 each, so 13 would definitely cost less than $150.

You could also try www.flowers-to-russia.com
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 01:19:00 PM by Stirlitz »
Igor Kalinin
Ukraine Guide Interpreter

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:29:12 PM »
Hey Acrzybear,  without a doubt $150 is way to much!!.  You should pay somewhere from about $70 to $90.  Their are many people I know, including myself, who could have this done for you in the $80 ballpark.

HEY Sterlitz, How you doing?  You don't know it but you have done some work for some of my clients I have sent your way. And you have done a pretty good job. Last client was M.T.

Anyway, glad to see you posting here, it's a pretty good Russian discussion board. Here you can feel free to discuss any and all agencies, any and all methods, any and all opinions, without having to worry about upsetting one of the moderators or paying advertisers.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1885
Total: 1897

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM