It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?  (Read 358976 times)

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Newt or Mitt VS Obama. Can either of 'em beat him?
« Reply #1500 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »
how true
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1501 on: November 08, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »
So, the haters are just going to keep on hating, sooner or later they'll get hungry when their master can't feed them.....

I'm moving on to predictions:

Unemployment will hit 10% (officially)

Real Unemployment will hit 22%

Market (Dow) will drop about 25% before buyers from outside step in to snap up some bargains in order to gain a foothold on the market in the US/North America

Federal Taxes will go up about 8%

State and Local Taxes will rise due to slashed Fed allocations

Tuition, Food, Gas - all up between 20 and 30%

Terrorism (Worldwide) will accelerate and we will see additional terror attacks inside the US borders resume

Amnesty will probably pass this time

Debt level above $22T (Thanks GOB! B - what was I thinking?)

Debt Downgrade of at least 2 levels during the term

They will try to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban (50/50) and tighten handgun purchase restrictions (partial successes)

States are going to get more "uppity"

Oh, Julia Roberts will win another Oscar.......

I'm on record, see what happens in 4 years.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:01:03 PM by ECOCKS »
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline SFandEE

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1502 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
Sounds rough, maybe we should

Increase military spending two trillion dollars
Eliminate the capital gains tax
Cut all taxes 20%
Honor all pension, Social Security, Medicare for Boomers, cut or cap to 55 and younger GenX--the Boomers kids and grandkids)
Eliminate estate taxes
Repeal Obamacare

Then everything will go great for everyone because we know from GWB bad government is better than aspiring to good government.
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1503 on: November 08, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline ECOCKS

« Reply #1504 on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »
Sounds rough, maybe we should

Increase military spending two trillion dollars
Eliminate the capital gains tax
Cut all taxes 20%
Honor all pension, Social Security, Medicare for Boomers, cut or cap to 55 and younger GenX--the Boomers kids and grandkids)
Eliminate estate taxes
Repeal Obamacare

Then everything will go great for everyone because we know from GWB bad government is better than aspiring to good government.

Yeah, I would lot rather see your predictions come true rather than mine but we'll just have to see.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline ECOCKS

« Reply #1505 on: November 08, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:59:39 AM by ECOCKS »

Offline GoodOlBoy

« Reply #1506 on: November 08, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »

Hope and change maybe??  :o 

GOB
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:04:55 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline BC

« Reply #1507 on: November 08, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
Hope and change maybe??  :o 

GOB

Was just thinking... the elections cost 6 Billion....

LOL

Offline Shadow

« Reply #1508 on: November 08, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
Was just thinking... the elections cost 6 Billion....

LOL
Could save on that one by tossing a coin between Republicans and Democrats every 4 years,,,
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BC

« Reply #1509 on: November 08, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
Could save on that one by tossing a coin between Republicans and Democrats every 4 years,,,

and the two parties finding something to fight over into eternity over less....

Offline Gator

« Reply #1510 on: November 08, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
Romney's  plan was different, but it does not matter now, so no need to mention it.

I still can't believe that anyone believes Romney was anything but a great great A$$hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....he should be shot!

Gator, of course we need to mention it.  Romney was an absolute ass, which should be considered....

Pray tell us, why do you now join what has been a long and mostly cordial political discussion and then make such foolish comments about the defeated candidate?   NEWS BULLENTIN: Romney lost the election.

There is never any justification in kicking a man when he is down.  Evidently, your social circles are confined to lowlifes, and I suggest that you study Romney for a fine example of class and integrity.

To accentuate your posts, you call Romney a "great great A$$hole."  And three hours later, evidently after pouring yourself a few more, you repeat,  "Romney was an absolute ass..."  even though everyone ignored your first "asshole" post.   And you add the expression, "he should be shot."

Your insistent use of the word ass reminds me of the best word to describe your posts - asinine.  You must be the only redneck in America who voted for Obama.

I have enjoyed some of your posts, and thought at times you were a smart guy. 

Look, from now on, just enjoy your retirement, and your golf game, and your search.

God Bless

Golf is a gentleman's game, and integrity is central to playing it.   Try it sometime.  There are plenty of public courses open to Joe SixPacks.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 02:29:03 PM by Gator »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1511 on: November 08, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
Of course Romney lost. His people pis$ed all over the Ron Paul folks during the primaries and at the convention(s) and a few million of them either voted for Gary Johnson or sat it out.

Isn't amazing that Obama got 10 million fewer votes than he did in 2008 and Romney got 3 million fewer votes than Mc Cain did in 2008. 13,000,000 fewer voters in 2012 than 2008. Apparently the Left-Right dumb show is losing it's appeal.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #1512 on: November 08, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
So, the haters are just going to keep on hating, sooner or later they'll get hungry when their master can't feed them.....

I'm moving on to predictions:

Real Unemployment will hit 22%

Market (Dow) will drop about 25% before buyers from outside step in to snap up some bargains in order to gain a foothold on the market in the US/North America

Federal Taxes will go up about 8%

State and Local Taxes will rise due to slashed Fed allocations

Tuition, Food, Gas - all up between 20 and 30%

Terrorism (Worldwide) will accelerate and we will see additional terror attacks inside the US borders resume

Amnesty will probably pass this time

Debt Downgrade of at least 2 levels during the term

They will try to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban (50/50) and tighten handgun purchase restrictions (partial successes)

States are going to get more "uppity"

Oh, Julia Roberts will win another Oscar.......

I'm on record, see what happens in 4 years.
Ed, got any predictions on the prices of real estate and gold/silver? Also are we going to see Russia becoming a new "Land of the free" in a few years while the USA turns into USSA?
realrussianmatch.com

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1513 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
...I'm moving on to predictions:

Real Unemployment will hit 22%...

Easy enough. By the turn of next year many in the medical field practitioners and the like will get walking papers soon as Obamacare kicks into full gear.

...Market (Dow) will drop about 25% before buyers from outside step in to snap up some bargains in order to gain a foothold on the market in the US/North America..

Don't know about this, Ed. WS seem to always find a way to invest in negative money, which is what we have today and will get even worst...

...Federal Taxes will go up about 8%

State and Local Taxes will rise due to slashed Fed allocations...

No brainer really...with the amount of debt we're carrying and the pending social programs coming into full gear, no doubt.

California passed Prop. 30. That's our (D) Gov's tax increase ~ both on Sales Tax .25% and State Tax. It's supposed to be for 7 years but hey, the '94 Northridge earthquake .5% tax hike was also only for 5 years...and that was 18 years ago.

Apparently the Teacher's Union was out of money and the state is broke. So what else can be done? Of course screw the population so the Union can keep the bad teachers teaching...Democrats just love the Unions, vis-a-vis.

If that isn't funny enough...Prop. 32 was kept from getting barred. That's the proposition that would have prevented the Unions from pumping millions during elections for politicians e.g. Democrats' campaign expenses...

No money....right? That silly tax hike will definitely impact all small businesses even BEFORE the federal tax hike mandate kicks in.

...Tuition, Food, Gas - all up between 20 and 30%...

You mean the 100% increase in gas prices since '08 isn't enough proof?

...Terrorism (Worldwide) will accelerate and we will see additional terror attacks inside the US borders resume ...

Oh I'm sure there's enough amateur video producer or a cartoonist or two who'll take the rap for that idiocy.

....Amnesty will probably pass this time...

Ahead of schedule. ID cards are now being rolled in California for illegal aliens so they can use all public institutions like the library, identification for public provisions, get driving permits, even use the banking systems.

...Debt level above $22T (Thanks GOB! B - what was I thinking?)...

Look at the bright side, man...the libs only have to pay for HALF of it for putting dweebs into the WH.

...Debt Downgrade of at least 2 levels during the term...

It didn't stop the 51% now, did it? Why do you think that even matters?

...They will try to reinstate the Assault Weapons Ban (50/50) and tighten handgun purchase restrictions (partial successes)...

Nope. Don't agree with you there. Fast and Furious is as mysterious then as it is now. Besides, AKs are the weapon of choice of a large pool of Obama's voting base. You can't possibly expect him to bite the hands that feed him, no?

....States are going to get more "uppity"...

My state is broke to be anything else really...

....Oh, Julia Roberts will win another Oscar.......

Considering the Nobel Prize had been a source of stupidity and mockery...Julia won't even need to make a movie to get an Oscar AND Oscar.

...I'm on record, see what happens in 4 years....

Patience is a virtue.

So the 51% of 'us' prevailed and thus as an American, I can recognize the US president...as an individual, I abhor the *mf~r*

I still say I wish there was a way where voters can be held accountable for their choices. I hope this country fall off the fiscal abyss and *break* many of the folks who voted to take us all into this road along with them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:28:04 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Miri22

« Reply #1514 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:02 PM »
The end result is that the republicans forgot that women and minorities can vote. Stuck in the 1950s much?

Offline Miri22

« Reply #1515 on: November 08, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
Maybe the repubs thought they could keep the slaves and women at home.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1516 on: November 08, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »
The Russians don't call Obama "Ushastick" for nothing.

Those of you who are married to RW can ask them to translate.

Big ears?
LBJ sure was one.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Cameraguy

« Reply #1517 on: November 09, 2012, 02:35:29 AM »
Drew Linzer: The stats man who predicted Obama's win
By Kate Dailey, BBC News Magazine

Pundits insisted the presidential race was a toss-up, but "polling aggregators" - who analyse polls to make predictions - were being criticised for favouring President Obama. Not any more.

In September we called Drew Linzer, an associated professor of political science at Emory University, to ask for his predictions for the upcoming US presidential election.

Linzer runs the website Votamatic, which uses current election polls and past historical trends to predict the outcome of major elections. He gave the same prediction he had been posting on his site since 23 June:

Obama 332 votes, Romney 206.

Weeks later, the first presidential debate, when Obama's lacklustre performance kicked off a surge of momentum for the Republican challenger Mitt Romney, Obama's election odds had sunk like a stone in national polls, and states once considered toss-ups were being assigned as favourites for Romney.

Asked again for his updated prediction, Linzer gave the same answer.

No change, he said: Obama 332 votes, Romney 206.

Now, Obama has been elected to a second term, and election workers are still counting the votes in Florida, which is leaning ever so slightly towards the Democrats. The Romney team admitted to the Miami Herald that they had lost the state, though it has not been officially called. When it is, the final tally in this once too-close-to call election will be:

Obama, 332 votes, Romney 206.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20246741

Offline ECOCKS

« Reply #1518 on: November 09, 2012, 03:11:31 AM »
The big unemployment problem contribution will come from the highly-touted demobilization and defense spending cuts. Active duty personnel will drop somewhere on the order of 30% +/- and there will be an even greater impact on the defense contractors who supply and support the military. Nothing about morality or hand-wringing histrionics from the left will change the surge in unemployment which will occur as this implements.

Even more quickly, we will see impacts from government services downsizing as teacher, police and fire department cuts are implemented in state and local government payrolls and operating budgets. Again, contractors and other out-sourcers will suffer the ripple effect as well. Fewer road projects, buildings, parks, etc.

The impact of Obamacare on the medical profession isn't going to be as large (in the first few years at least) as these other two areas. After attending school for 8-9 years to become a neurosurgeon, not many 45 year-olds will take up carpentry to become a more self-actualized handyman. They'll take their paycuts and be happy to have jobs and food on the table as the country spirals further downward into recession/depression.

I agree the market will recover and stabilize, eventually coming back up to present levels. The prediction is an approximate 25% drop before buyers step in and set a new floor. Too many confuse a rise in the market with an economic recovery though. When a business goes under it means little that they sold the final inventory if the workers lost their jobs, the locations were shuttered and taxes are no longer being paid.

All prices are going to go up until the market breaks. This will occur if it goes past the predictions significantly. Too many unemployed and gas will deflate as the demand melts away. As much as it may astound the Saudis and Kuwaitis, we don't buy their oil so they can eat, we buy it so we can heat our homes, travel, power industry, etc. Without those things, there is no need for all those hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil each day. Think of ripple effects spreading out even further onto the worldwide markets as US consumer demand shifts downward to basics like food and simpler clothing.

A lot of the Left have guns hidden away themselves or have their bodyguards/police forces to supply, but there will be the continued fear of the masses having weapons and empowering resistance while fostering self-reliance. Don't kid yourself that the elite worry about those little children who find mommy's gun under her pillow and blow their head off looking into it, they are worried about resistance just as Stalin, Mao, Castro, Hitler and others have done throughout history. All spoke of no need for weapons as they lulled the citizens into believing the state would care for them, removing the need for these by individuals. The first thing to do after the revolution is kill the true revolutionaries who disdain power in the new regime for idealism.

Guns, cars, choices in education, free travel...all these things contributed to our mentality, successes, national pride and attitudes. There is a feeling now that we were wrong to be different, we should change and be more like "normal" people/nations (most of whom seem to be broke or in the process of downward slides themselves). I travel a bit and am horrified by this thought, but the [slight] majority have spoken. Now, they'll get what they wanted.

Hope they live through it and it turns out to be the Utopia some say they believe in but my suspicion is that it will be little different from the promises of a worker's paradise or peaceful heaven promised by others throughout history if we would only let them make decisions for us.

And, FWIW, I hope I am wrong. I would love to see the magic work, with sickness, poverty, war, crime, energy prices and world hunger all solved bbut technology still growing, mankind still making progress - I just don't see it.

But, if it happens, I'll step up, join the circle, hold hands with my borthers and sisters in love while we sing Kumbaya 'round the campfire.......

What a GREAT day that will be!   :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:34:48 AM by ECOCKS »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #1519 on: November 09, 2012, 07:54:35 AM »
While I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I am a firm believer in the majority being head in the sand ignorant both by deception and by choice.

This is a long one, and well worth the time.  I absolutely agree with much of it while other aspects, e.g., crop circles, challenges my 'scientific proof' methodology so I cannot accept those assertions.

This version has English subtitles to assist with accents, etc, for our non native English listeners...

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline SFandEE

« Reply #1520 on: November 09, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »
Bringing it to relevance to FSUW,if any find this remotely appealing

Depending how you feel about the American nationalism and pessimism by posters.

A break down of voting reveals that by far the major source of Mitt Romney's votes came from white men over 55. Add from the South, with fundamental "Christian" and you have a major Romney voting block. Military votes split a bit this time with the retired and entitled military  and contractors voting overwhelmingly much more so than the soldiers in the trenches for Romney.

American women voted for Obama.

So depending on the type of personality and politics that pleases you, you have a general sense of the menu. If you want a socially tolerant, open-minded, man who can see America's flaws with its' strengths who does not want to be associated with hate speech towards women. Avoid men who voted for Romney, you now know what they look like, how old they are, and where they live.
"I don't feel tardy"

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1521 on: November 09, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

So depending on the type of personality and politics that pleases you, you have a general sense of the menu. If you want a socially tolerant, open-minded, man who can see America's flaws with its' strengths who does not want to be associated with hate speech towards women. Avoid men who voted for Romney, you now know what they look like, how old they are, and where they live.

Bullschit

Offline BC

« Reply #1522 on: November 09, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »

Depending how you feel about the American nationalism and pessimism by posters.

A break down of voting reveals that by far the major source of Mitt Romney's votes came from white men over 55. Add from the South, with fundamental "Christian" and you have a major Romney voting block. Military votes split a bit this time with the retired and entitled military  and contractors voting overwhelmingly much more so than the soldiers in the trenches for Romney.

American women voted for Obama.

Interesting 'angle'.......

On another subject related board I mentioned the leaning of most posting  males in the poll was toward the riight (conservative) voting for Romney.

I really wonder who RW would vote for if they did or could.......

Almost willing to bet Obama would win that poll....

Offline Ade

« Reply #1523 on: November 09, 2012, 10:28:28 AM »
Bullschit

As fairly broad generalisations go, I think his was as accurate as any.  ;D

Offline Ade

« Reply #1524 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:34 AM »
Interesting 'angle'.......

On another subject related board I mentioned the leaning of most posting  males in the poll was toward the riight (conservative) voting for Romney.

I really wonder who RW would vote for if they did or could.......

Almost willing to bet Obama would win that poll....

Not so sure about that. A lot of FSUW we know or know of are fairly well placed to the right. Yes, there is the abortion rhetoric, but I think a lot of FSUW would sympathize with many of the other right of center republican views that may swing them that way in any case...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541425
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2360
Total: 2367

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Yesterday at 06:37:55 PM