It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: zdrasti  (Read 14399 times)

Offline roddy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
zdrasti
« on: July 29, 2016, 08:24:24 AM »
privyet mne zavoot Roddi.
I want learn more about Russian women and their culture from their perspective.  I am not looking for marriage. I just want to understand FSU women.  I would like to communicate and learn more Russian phrases. pazhalustya pomogite mne

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: zdrasti
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
I just want to understand FSU women.

Asking to understand women is like asking for the impossible. Welcome to the forum roddy. We may not give you the exact answer but we can get you closer to it. Anything specific about FSU women you want to know? What brought your interest in FSU women if it's not marriage? Is it their good looks?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline roddy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:44:11 AM »
I want to know why Russian women are interested in western men.  I wonder what it would be like to marry a woman from the FSU. I haven't made any decisions yet. You're right it's probably impossible to understand women.   I'm curious .

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:46:02 PM »
I want to know why Russian women are interested in western men.

I'll leave that question to the women around here.  They are better experts than any of us men.  Men seem to want to offer security and opportunity, with beauty as the main attraction..  well the accent is a killer too ;)

I wonder what it would be like to marry a woman from the FSU.

From heaven to hell and back.  It can be quite a roller coaster ride.

I haven't made any decisions yet. You're right it's probably impossible to understand women.   I'm curious .

Curious is great!~  You've found the right place for that!

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »
I want learn more about Russian women and their culture from their perspective.  I am not looking for marriage. I just want to understand FSU women.  I would like to communicate and learn more Russian phrases. pazhalustya pomogite mne

Welcome!

You seem to be working on the language. Have you ever been to the FSU?

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 03:14:33 PM »
I want to know why Russian women are interested in western men

i think it is the security, maybe the escape, Most of them want to escape Russia, but i tell all the women i talk to that i will be living in Russia for a few years, and possibly stay there. I haven't had any problems.
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 04:52:36 PM »
i think it is the security, maybe the escape, Most of them want to escape Russia, but i tell all the women i talk to that i will be living in Russia for a few years, and possibly stay there. I haven't had any problems.

No, you haven't had any problems because you are wrong in your initial assumption, it's really that easy, you are very often wrong in what you assume.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
No, you haven't had any problems because you are wrong in your initial assumption, it's really that easy, you are very often wrong in what you assume.

It was actually Gator that suggested i was being used as a mule. Trench got his balls busted for that as well.

According to most vets here 50% of the marirage last, so i ask them what is the reason for divorce, answer? Lack of money. Okay, so the 50% that do last, are they happy? According to a vet here who talks to most of the guys, no, so i asked aghain, why? Lack of money. According guys here it has been often discussed that you need $100k+ a year to make your fsuw happy. Are you trying to tell me they are not looking for money, when everything points that they are?

My assumption from dating a girl in fsu, who wanted me to live there with her is that most of the women want the following
  • a decent house
  • a few kids
  • Not worry about bills
  • Eat out once in a while
  • Probably a few hundred a month on clothing, my ex was thinking a lot less
  • Money to put you kids through university

Some of the things on the list i added myself like a house, clothing, university, which i think is all important.Everything else is just background noise.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:08:48 PM by dragonkid »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
I want to know why Russian women are interested in western men.

Some want money, some want a green card, some want modest financial security, some want a better house to live in, some want to get out of their parents house, some want a good man to raise kids with, some want love, and most want a combo of some of the things above. Western men have an economic advantage over their brothers in the FSU. There are many good men in the FSU but many can't afford a family and women don't want themselves and their children to grow up struggling and starving.

I wonder what it would be like to marry a woman from the FSU.

Can you handle men looking at your wife's ass everywhere she goes? That is what I got to put up with and it's okay as long as they're not looking at my ass. Choose wisely and life will be great. Choose poorly and life will be difficult. Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 10:30:53 PM »

Better to welcome others using the word zdravstvuyte. Zdrasti is a bit rough. Здрасте, забор покрасьте  :P

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »

Can you handle men looking at your wife's ass everywhere she goes? That is what I got to put up with ..

Oh YEAH, it's 'hard'... :D

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline roddy

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 05:07:44 AM »
Better to welcome others using the word zdravstvuyte. Zdrasti is a bit rough. Здрасте, забор покрасьте  :P
This is too rough? Is this your opinion or is it for most Russian people? I can almost say zdravstuyte. I can't remember how to spell it. And privet is sort of informal. You wouldn't say this to someone on the street you just met.  " Здрасте, забор покрасьте" Izvinite, ya ne ponimayu" chto? I translated this "Hi, the fence color" Is this a greeting, a slang term?

For everyone else:
 I am just learning ho w to use this forum. Forgive me if I don't answer all your questions.
" well the accent is a killer too"   Definitely, it is very charming.   
" It can be quite a roller coaster ride."   I think life in general can be a roller coaster ride, sometimes fun and exciting, sometimes not.
@ Faux Pas....Spasibo!   NO, I have not been to the FSU. 
@ Dragonkid,  I have read that sometimes it's hard to find a good man. Same is true everywhere  I suppose. I have read men there have problems with alcohol, domestic abuse, dying too young. But I seem to be stereotyping. I want to know what the women think about what I said.
I am not looking for children. So, I don't won'worry about  putting kids through college. Are serious about making 100K a year? A few hundred a month on clothing?  The rest of the list seems reasonable. I think if a couple can live a comfortable life then money shouldn't be an issue. I would like a woman's opinion on this too.

Of course I am curious, Russia has been closed to the west for so long. It has been opened up on the in last few years.  It seems to be mysterious to me. I have read a little but about customs, traditions, and culture. It's interesting for me.
"Can you handle men looking at your wife's ass everywhere she goes?"   Most men do this . It's not a problem for me. I am not the jealous type. 
   I like a traditional woman.  I believe a  woman can and should do what she wants. I don't expect a maid.  I would like a woman who knows how to be a woman.  A woman who dresses well, who is feminine , who respects me,  I understand respect is a two way street.

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 05:57:13 AM »
Unfortunately for me . . . I don't hear the accent, except when I hear wife talking to a third person.  Is this weird ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 07:18:39 AM »
For everyone else:
 I am just learning ho w to use this forum.

After you quote one person, scroll down the page to find another person you want to quote and hit the button "insert quote" to address them. The last few days the insert quote button hasn't been working since I downloaded the free Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge for the internet. Anybody else have this problem? I had to quote somebody and respond, copy everything, go back a page to the thread, quote somebody else, type a response and paste, and repeat if I wanted to quote more people.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 07:22:37 AM »
...The last few days the insert quote button hasn't been working since I downloaded the free Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge for the internet. Anybody else have this problem?

Edge is a major pain.  If you're staying with Windows, just reload Internet Explorer 11 and run with that.  It works perfectly with Windows 10.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 11:05:18 AM »
I am just learning how to use this forum.
Newcomers here may find some useful tips on common forum activities by reading this Help page ;):

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=48
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:07:55 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline whynotme

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:46 PM »
This is too rough? Is this your opinion or is it for most Russian people? I can almost say zdravstuyte. I can't remember how to spell it. And privet is sort of informal. You wouldn't say this to someone on the street you just met.  " Здрасте, забор покрасьте" Izvinite, ya ne ponimayu" chto? I translated this "Hi, the fence color" Is this a greeting, a slang term?

It is not a greeting, my father used it to teach 3 years old me not to use zdrasti. It sounds even worse than privet to unknown people.

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 03:49:00 PM »

@ Dragonkid,  I have read that sometimes it's hard to find a good man. Same is true everywhere  I suppose. I have read men there have problems with alcohol, domestic abuse, dying too young. But I seem to be stereotyping. I want to know what the women think about what I said.
I am not looking for children. So, I don't won'worry about  putting kids through college. Are serious about making 100K a year? A few hundred a month on clothing?  The rest of the list seems reasonable. I think if a couple can live a comfortable life then money shouldn't be an issue. I would like a woman's opinion on this too.

Very true it is hard once a woman is 35+, so hard that they take courses on how to seduce a man and make him feel special. I didn't mean to say all marriages on here a struggling, but a lot are. Mostly comes down to finances, not a lot will admit their beautiful hot wife is actually driving them crazy. Some guys have issues, and no matter who they marry, it will end in a divorce. But stories of guys being left after their income dropped, or business shattered is not uncommon, like i said, you won't find guys openly admit it. A lot of problems are finances, how much you need depends on the expectations you have, for example if you are 50, looking for a 25 year old, you can expect that she will want a bit, if you are 50, dating a 40-45 year old, chances are she is struggling to find someone in russia, and would be happy to have you in her life. But this in the but, if she moves from russia to your home, and finds it is a let down to what she had back home, that is where it goes wrong.

If you are sensible, you can find a good woman. Just be realistic i guess. I was talking to someone last night about FSUW expectations, he was telling me how some women think $6k a month is a lot, but don't realise all the expenditures. They come to the west and are shocked that some of their expectations weren't met. That is true, i found these misconceptions when i was talking to some of my ex's friends. They don't know about rental prices, taxes, even utilities.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:42:47 PM by dragonkid »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 10:17:16 PM »
Edge is a major pain.  If you're staying with Windows, just reload Internet Explorer 11 and run with that.  It works perfectly with Windows 10.

Didn't know what you meant by "reload" but under the "X" top right corner of Edge is the ". . ." tab and I hit open with Internet Explorer and page in Edge opens up in the old Explorer 11. Now I can insert quotes again and use smily faces. If they fix the bugs in Edge, I may give it another chance.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 04:07:05 AM »
Very true it is hard once a woman is 35+, so hard that they take courses on how to seduce a man and make him feel special.

OMG ..our resident 'expert'  - after one trip - is posting utter nonsense - AGAIN

I have known / know plenty of what you might refer to as 'over the hill / desperate' FSU ladies of 35 plus.

Many are quite happy to be single..not even looking for 'Mr.Right' - not on dating sites. ''All or nothing'' .

A western guy who can hook up with such a lady - hard to find if you don't speak fair Russian or have 'help' may be pleasantly surprised.
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline roddy

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 05:10:53 AM »
Thank you all for your thoughtful replies.
I will learn to spell and say zdravstvujte.
If a man suddenly loses his income or there is reduction in it then  I think a lot of women would leave their husbands , not just FSU women. It's a character flaw from someone who doesn't take their wedding vows seriously.  I'm middle aged so I won't be looking at women half my age.  Is 5 to years younger a reasonable age to find a woman?
A lot of women overseas think western men are rich. I suppose the truth is most of us live ordinary comfortable lives and provide well for our families. This seems like a reasonable expectation a woman can have about a perspective husband. It's probably prudent to stay away from women who want to know every minute detail of my personal finances.   It's my belief to establish a dialogue from a few women in advance before going to visit. Try to pick the one which will best compliment you as a perspective mate.  Maybe it's best to stay away from tour operator's and use a travel agent. Maybe a person could a view a trip to FSU as sort of a vacation to meet someone interesting with realistic expectations. If a plan to meet a woman doesn't work out , the trip could be  a positive experience  of a lifetime.
"hard to find if you don't speak fair Russian or have 'help' may be pleasantly surprised." I found this to useful if a person wants to visit overseas.  Learning a few phrases can go a long way, plus it shows a woman you are truly interested in her, her country and her culture, which I am.
@ dragonkid you may be right about Msmoby but I think it's good to hear a variety of opinions. Some people have positive experiences some maybe not. It's something to take into consideration.

Offline Gator

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 06:11:15 AM »
I am not looking for marriage. I just want to understand FSU women.  I would like to communicate and learn more Russian phrases.

:welcome:

Your goal runs counter to the goals of those who participate here.  Most men are married or seek marriage, and thus they communicate with FSUW who also seek marriage. 

If not interested in marriage, why do you want to understand FSUW?  You can learn Russian phrases from FSUM too. 

There are other discussion boards, some have a high participation by FSUW who comment mostly on life in America.  I don't know the exact boards, but someone here may be able to direct you to them.

..... I think it's good to hear a variety of opinions. Some people have positive experiences some maybe not.

More than "some" here have  positive experiences.   Along the way we had negative experiences too. 

Keep in mind every situation is different.  Women vary widely as do the men pursuing them.  Because of this, opinions vary widely, and you are smart to recognize this fact.  The collective experiences of the men (and women) here is very valuable to those who seek marriage. 

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 06:27:09 AM »

If a man suddenly loses his income or there is reduction in it then  I think a lot of women would leave their husbands , not just FSU women.

When they recession hit, i don't think the majority of marriages in the west ended. Nor is $100k+ a year house hold income common. Unless you account real estate prices increase.

One guy here lost his job, and his wife still stuck by him, he is a really lucky guy. Does that mean all women from fsu are like that? No, but choose and be open about your finances once you meet a woman in person, and go on a few dates. Avoid misconceptions, tell her the worse of it, if she sticks, that means you found yourself a winner.

If a plan to meet a woman doesn't work out , the trip could be  a positive experience  of a lifetime.

Some have told me to try out georgia and armenia, for me i will have a good time in russia, and if i find someone i like, then who knows.

Is 5 to years younger a reasonable age to find a woman?

Yes, someone on here was 50 married his 25 year old wife, his wife said he didn't have much, both are not big spenders. He did good, some go for 5 years younger and still end up with someone unpleasant, you just need to be realistic, and you can tell. Just be true o yourself, and listen to your gut.

@ dragonkid you may be right about Msmoby but I think it's good to hear a variety of opinions. Some people have positive experiences some maybe not. It's something to take into consideration.

Some guys make their own luck. He will tell you his current partner is getting added by 100's of guys each month on vk. Some people are just naive and try and delude themselves, they are the ones that come out of a fsu marriage with their ass hole with the same diameter as a coke can. You will meet a range of women, just be smart , hard for Msmoby who believes anything a woman tells him, and thinks he can delude others to believe the stuff he says.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:36:05 AM by dragonkid »

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:27 AM »
When they recession hit, i don't think the majority of marriages in the west ended.

Correct, you don't think - nor even have the slightest clue ..you certainly have no experience - yet you post like someone who does...

One guy here lost his job, and his wife still stuck by him, he is a really lucky guy. Does that mean all women from fsu are like that? No, but choose and be open about your finances once you meet a woman in person, and go on a few dates. Avoid misconceptions, tell her the worse of it, if she sticks, that means you found yourself a winner.

The OP seeks advice from those WITH experience - not someone who has nearly zip experience. You'venot even been married to a w.woman - let alone with a FSU one  ;)

Roddy, the Russians have an expression - ''one has to eat 50 tonnes of salt, together - to really know each other..''...Our resident 'expert' might not figure that out - but I'm sure you can ...

Some guys make their own luck. He will tell you his current partner is getting added by 100's of guys each month on vk. Some people are just naive and try and delude themselves, they are the ones that come out of a fsu marriage with their ass hole with the same diameter as a coke can. You will meet a range of women, just be smart , hard for Msmoby who believes anything a woman tells him, and thinks he can delude others to believe the stuff he says.

Msmoby has worn the t-shirt .... but can assure you his anal orifice has not been distended by the marital breakup to a Russian and said ex doesn't feel shafted, either.

Dragonkid has a propensity to be quite personal when his 'advice' - based on v.little experience and a lot of busted 'data' is challenged... and is prone to exaggeration.

DK, the near daily 'friend' requests on FACEBOOK .. not VK ..do keep up were sorted long ago by the advice of Jone.

Roddy, not that it matters - but why the interest, if you're not interested in finding a FSU woman partner in life ?

Offline roddy

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 05:41:46 AM »
@Gator:
I guess I should have said. I'm not interested in getting married, right now. I came to this website seeking advice and reading men's experience with FSUW. They're intriguing to me. They seem to be interested in a more traditional role in a relationship. They are very different than a lot of American women. But you're right about other message boards. Maybe this site is not a good choice for me. If someone could direct me to a website like this I would be grateful. In the meantime I will do a google search to see what I can find. I think it would be a good time to read a lot of stories of relationships on this website. I am trying to  be thoughtful and deliberate in making  a decision. It's a major life decision. It's not like buying a puppy. But I appreciate what you have to say.
I guess this message board is a place for men who have made decision to go through with a marriage. I haven't reached that point yet.  I've read some negative experiences here. Does anyone something positive to say?
@ dragonkid: I don't think I'd want to be with someone half my age. I don't think I'd have much in common.  Not to say all relationships like this are bad. I don't think it would be  what I want.
@msmobyone :  I like this expression "the Russians have an expression - ''one has to eat 50 tonnes of salt, together - to really know each other..''.  It's very good advice.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1863
Total: 1874

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM