It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Krakow & Lviv tour  (Read 79635 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Krakow & Lviv tour
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »
you're right, forgot about that UK wasn't shenghen...

but they are all over the EU now doing their own hunting
apparently successfully from what I saw
even less likely you'll connect w/ one in the UK

what about the Polish women in UK everyone's so uptight about
do they live more numerously in certain regions
some of them might like a native over another Pole

dating might be difficult where you live
but expand your search
keep trying

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #301 on: July 03, 2018, 02:38:33 PM »
you're right, forgot about that UK wasn't shenghen...

but they are all over the EU now doing their own hunting
apparently successfully from what I saw
even less likely you'll connect w/ one in the UK

what about the Polish women in UK everyone's so uptight about
do they live more numerously in certain regions
some of them might like a native over another Pole

dating might be difficult where you live
but expand your search
keep trying

Yeah, the EU are a pain in the arse. I think them dojng the EU/Ukraine visa thing they'be just created a bigger mess. It will impact most western guys looking to Ukraine on the search so not just us UK guys but also US, Canada, AUS, etc. Some women won't be able to leave their jobs or be able to survive long their without hooking up with a guy or illegal work of some kind. Most I think that desire to will make the journey, by foot if necessary. I know the girl I met last in Lviv told me the tourist visa was to make entry for illegal work easier since few Ukrainians had the money for tourism - made sense really AND the EU is openly participating in this! Outrageous. The EU is a complete nightmare.

Well, there is a big Polish community near me. When the Polish first started coming in I thought 'hey, this may be a good thing, access to lots of fit Polish birds, better than the UK offering'. However I quickly learned along with many other UK guys that they nearly always stick to their own. They are here to satisfy their own greed only and completely shit themselves off from the native English community. So it's pointless there. Even in Poland it was little joy though I think if you could make friends online prior to going it wyld probably be easier to pull their than in the UK. Poland was definitely not a quick hook up culture more family values and conservatism.

I think I might have figured the eyeing up thing before I left for my flight to the UK. I think you have to not look 'at all' until your like literally at the moment of passing each other, then suddenly look up an do you may catch her looking at you. Otherwise you get the look away in disdain look due to their conservative values I think. Women in Lviv were fortunately a world away from this and loved being checked out.

I noticed a youngish Polish female rail guard look at me smiling as I suddenly looked up just at the moment she passed. That's how I clocked it :D I think ::)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2018, 06:11:38 PM »
Yeah, the EU are a pain in the arse. I think them dojng the EU/Ukraine visa thing they'be just created a bigger mess. It will impact most western guys looking to Ukraine on the search so not just us UK guys but also US, Canada, AUS, etc. Some women won't be able to leave their jobs or be able to survive long their without hooking up with a guy or illegal work of some kind. Most I think that desire to will make the journey, by foot if necessary. I know the girl I met last in Lviv told me the tourist visa was to make entry for illegal work easier since few Ukrainians had the money for tourism - made sense really AND the EU is openly participating in this! Outrageous. The EU is a complete nightmare.

Well, there is a big Polish community near me. When the Polish first started coming in I thought 'hey, this may be a good thing, access to lots of fit Polish birds, better than the UK offering'. However I quickly learned along with many other UK guys that they nearly always stick to their own. They are here to satisfy their own greed only and completely shit themselves off from the native English community. So it's pointless there. Even in Poland it was little joy though I think if you could make friends online prior to going it wyld probably be easier to pull their than in the UK. Poland was definitely not a quick hook up culture more family values and conservatism.

Trenchcoat, you are beyond stupid, naive and or challenged. Women from Ukraine are not walking to the West of Europe to escape. Nor are they so desperate to find a man such as you.

Those women from the former Soviet Union in Western Europe will seek a partner that affords them respect and kindness. You will not find them behind red lights in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. If they find a life abroad so be it. Yes I have met Ukraine and Russian women in Amsterdam but they have good jobs and often partners who are equals there. If you want to meet them I would suggest the eatery Nevi.

Trenchcoat you are incapable of nurturing a gold fish let alone another human being. You have this illusion of being some white knight on a horse when the reality is you do not even have an ass.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
I noticed a youngish Polish female rail guard look at me smiling as I suddenly looked up just at the moment she passed.

You let her go? You were supposed to chase after her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #304 on: July 03, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »
You let her go? You were supposed to chase after her.

She passed by me quickly plus I am at a loss of what to say on the hoof. I would have literally had to jump up and either run after her or shout out aloud, both of which would make me look like someone who is a bit mental. I would assume that would have killed it anyway.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #305 on: July 03, 2018, 10:59:58 PM »
Oh, man. This is bleak but true - no money, no honey.

Why would a woman give up her family and friends for a degraded quality of living? For an Englishman? To "escape" Ukraine? Gimme a break.

International romance is not for skinflints. Everything costs money. It only gets more expensive once you get engaged, and even more so when you get married, and a metric tonnage more once you have children. Now if you had the looks of David Beckham or the humour of Ali G then maybe you'd have more luck. But that's not going to happen.

Forget Lviv, figure out a way to triple your income. Then start looking. Increasing hours is not a good idea because that means less time with a future wife when she needs your time the most. Your best bet is probably to move to Eastern Europe and teach English. If not then your chances may waver between Buckley's and none.

Sorry to be so negative but sometimes reality sucks. Start earning more money.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2018, 11:42:33 PM »
Oh, man. This is bleak but true - no money, no honey.

Why would a woman give up her family and friends for a degraded quality of living? For an Englishman? To "escape" Ukraine? Gimme a break.

International romance is not for skinflints. Everything costs money. It only gets more expensive once you get engaged, and even more so when you get married, and a metric tonnage more once you have children. Now if you had the looks of David Beckham or the humour of Ali G then maybe you'd have more luck. But that's not going to happen.

Forget Lviv, figure out a way to triple your income. Then start looking. Increasing hours is not a good idea because that means less time with a future wife when she needs your time the most. Your best bet is probably to move to Eastern Europe and teach English. If not then your chances may waver between Buckley's and none.

Sorry to be so negative but sometimes reality sucks. Start earning more money.

This is something I agree with you on. No real chance of me doing it until next year at the earliest though as need to get independent income sorted as a backup. Main problem I find with dating sites is that I am wary as to the motive of some of the women - that they are looking at immigration as the main thing. The ideal for me would be to live in an area and really get to know the women.

As you say working much more is a false economy. I prefer to use the 10 hour extra time off the standard 40 hour week to find other was to boost my income. That and as you said it is handy for time with future wife. Leaving a girl hanging out there for too long in the week for her to get bored and other guys to prey upon is not a good idea I think. I find a lot of the Polish guys that come to the UK fall into the trap of getting greedy and working all hours under the sun. Needless to say their relationships suffer.

So I think I need to work on making the whole package a bit more attractive. I think this will come along in the next year or so but at my age I can't afford to wait so need to at least look around in the meantime and get a bit more action in :)

Offline northkape

« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2018, 01:45:25 AM »
This is something I agree with you on. No real chance of me doing it until next year at the earliest though as need to get independent income sorted as a backup. Main problem I find with dating sites is that I am wary as to the motive of some of the women - that they are looking at immigration as the main thing. The ideal for me would be to live in an area and really get to know the women.

I think this will come along in the next year or so but at my age I can't afford to wait so need to at least look around in the meantime and get a bit more action in

The end of the RWD Trench saga?
I haven't read all of his writings, but it appears to me, that with all his strange analytics, he understands even less now, than he did when starting out.
Action is doing it, not talking about it. Trench seems to find more satisfaction in the latter part, here on RWD.

In an ordinary society, it is commonly phrased, "there is one for everyone".
In Ukraine and other struggling societies, there are however, in my opinion, multiples of one for every western man.
But for Trench, one can start wondering, or rather conclude, that for every rule there is an exception.

Through the years, I have seen a lot of ordinary men in ordinary jobs, finding and marrying with good looking Ukraine women.
These men didn't read any forums or have any strategy before starting out, they just married a Ukraine woman from a dating site or a marriage agency.
I never heard about a singel one of these women being a "gold digger" or marrying for a passport.
Economic struggles yes, stupid men and bitches yes, divorces before and after passport yes, but in general mostly the same as Norwegian marriages. 
From what I have seen, these Ukraine women tried within reason, to avoid divorcing, especially when children were involved.
They are generally hard working, and when struggling economically, thrifty and creative in finding new sources of income. Much more so, than native women here.

Rather the opposite of the analytic conclusions of Mr. Tench

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2018, 02:09:15 AM »
Maybe read this Trench ... I'm not entirely sure it's accurate, but after many discussions with friends and family, defending the path I'm considering, now I just send them this link.... It seems to calm their fears about women's motives and is much less frustrating, when fighting against the common fsu stereotype.

"Now try to analyze these treacherous women without a heart who seek a VISA on your back. Most of them have a job, a house, friends, family, a certain number of strong ties to their country. To immigrate, she must quit her job, sell her car, end her lease, sell her apartment, leaving family, friends, learn a new language from a country with a new mentality. All this for what? For a visa ...

I think you give too much importance to your passport. Ask yourself the question, would you do this for a passport?"

http://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cqmi.ca/en/russian-dating-news-cqmi/item/403-if-you-marry-a-russian-or-ukrainian-woman-beware-you-will-get-ripped-off-cqmi/amp
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:17:58 AM by Davo2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2018, 04:58:54 AM »
Maybe read this Trench ... I'm not entirely sure it's accurate, but after many discussions with friends and family, defending the path I'm considering, now I just send them this link.... It seems to calm their fears about women's motives and is much less frustrating, when fighting against the common fsu stereotype.

"Now try to analyze these treacherous women without a heart who seek a VISA on your back. Most of them have a job, a house, friends, family, a certain number of strong ties to their country. To immigrate, she must quit her job, sell her car, end her lease, sell her apartment, leaving family, friends, learn a new language from a country with a new mentality. All this for what? For a visa ...

I think you give too much importance to your passport. Ask yourself the question, would you do this for a passport?"

http://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.cqmi.ca/en/russian-dating-news-cqmi/item/403-if-you-marry-a-russian-or-ukrainian-woman-beware-you-will-get-ripped-off-cqmi/amp

I don't think all FSW are scammers and many may no doubt be after the real deal. What a woman is giving up may vary, the last girl from last year was in the way in a cramped apartment with her brother, sister in law (who she did not get on with) and little nephew. They probably wanted another child but difficult with her taking up room there. Meanwhile her mother lived way out of town making living with her unviabe work wise. I got the impression from a photo it was kind of rural and living there would be tantamount to deciding to live like a nun just nothing to do all day other that toil in the garden.

So I don't think she had a lot to leave behind, she even seemed unconcerned about it, which surprised me. The long hours she worked in her retail job would no doubt not be missed, lol. Which was why she surprised me that she was being so difficult about getting together again. Sure she may have been suspicious of me but she wasn't exactly in a great situation to make impulsive judgements of someone she could get away from all that with.

TwO ladies I have been messaging recently, one got divorced from her husband in the US before she could obtain a green card and one finished a three year relationship with a UK guy after he admitted he could not meet the marriage visa requirements - the 18.6k, so in a worse position that I, lol. Either of these could be Red Flags or neither, but it will raise doubts in most guys minds I think. What if second girl is just looking for a guy to get her into the UK then hook up with guy who was incapable of managing it, thereby doing the work for him, etc. It may not be the case but it's difficult not to thunk of it as a concern, etc.

Online krimster2

« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2018, 06:01:50 AM »
"I got the impression from a photo it was kind of rural and living there would be tantamount to deciding to live like a nun just nothing to do all day other that toil in the garden."

ahhhh, toiling in the garden
you basically just described Ukrainian village life

and THIS is why Ukrainian villages are the BEST place to hunt!
strong muscular farm girls out toiling in the sun...
clean em up, and they are the goddess of Eros incarnate
yummy....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2018, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm not entirely sure it's accurate, but after many discussions with friends and family, defending the path I'm considering, now I just send them this link.... It seems to calm their fears about women's motives and is much less frustrating, when fighting against the common fsu stereotype.

Many of your friends and family have been educated by television and newspapers. Do not fault them for their beliefs that FSU women are bad news. I didn't defend my decision to meet someone overseas. I told them you have to wait and see and then judge for themselves. I married a quality woman. People are blown away with who I married. My family tells me to not lose her and my friends say I'm the go to guy for advice if they become single. Choose wisely and everything will be alright.

In an ordinary society, it is commonly phrased, "there is one for everyone".
In Ukraine and other struggling societies, there are however, in my opinion, multiples of one for every western man.

There is someone for everyone but what are the chances of finding someone out of a billion people? So many people go lonely and never find that someone. Women can be choosy. Why do many women have affairs with married men? Although many women want a man for their own, if they can't find him and as a cure for loneliness, they prefer to share a winner with another woman than the have sole possession of a loser.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »
" but what are the chances of finding someone out of a billion people? "

oh, oh! I know!
one divided by a billion!
one over ten to the ninth
a billion people, a billion different stories
they all basically end the same way
becomes pretty predictable after awhile
it's why I instead prefer the company of squirrels
and feed them peanuts in the back yard
so they will trust me
and come closer and closer each time
they eat a peanut
hehehehehehehehehehehehe
squirrels...

Offline ML

« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2018, 02:16:32 PM »
" but what are the chances of finding someone out of a billion people? "

oh, oh! I know!
one divided by a billion!

Totally false calculation of the relevant probability.

'Someone' does not indicate just 'one' person.

Your calculation would be like someone asking what was the chance of getting a one when a die is tossed 10 times; and giving the answer of 1 divided by 10.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
"'Someone' does not indicate just 'one' person."

i dunno sounds pretty singular to me!

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
She passed by me quickly plus I am at a loss of what to say on the hoof. I would have literally had to jump up and either run after her or shout out aloud, both of which would make me look like someone who is a bit mental. I would assume that would have killed it anyway.

You do an upstanding job of being a bit mental on this forum.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
...Your best bet is probably to move to Eastern Europe and teach English.

Aaaaargh!!!!  :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

No!  NO!!  A thousand times NO!!!

His English is occasionally so wretched on this forum that I sometimes don't have the remotest idea what he is burbling on about and, in any case, his spelling is often totally crappy.  If it's because he's too lazy to correct the mistakes made by predictive text on his phone, then that simply typifies his whole approach of rushing in where angels fear to tread.

I was hoping that we had put the whole "English teacher" nonsense to bed months ago, especially since he doesn't have any sort of teaching qualification.

Online krimster2

« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
when you hear someone say "teaching English" in the FSU
what "teaching English" really means is complete lack of any useful job skill
to make money there and not enough savings to be independent
so just talking in English to someone
will somehow be worth money...

it's kinda magic just speak English
and you can "make it rain" down here

why doesn't everyone just speak English
think how much wealthier the world would be

Offline Davo2

« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2018, 09:05:29 PM »
My mother is a retired French and English teacher. My ex has taught Japanese and my daughter works as an sso with aboriginal kids who come from the out back camps to the city. She's learning several of the common dialects, to teach them English.

This I do know, you can't teach English to the French, Japanese or even aboriginals, without first having a high competency in the language of the people you teach. Maybe if you're only teaching people who are competent or advanced in English you can,  but you are losing most of your customers if you cater only to  those  people.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:12:00 PM by Davo2 »

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
My mother is a retired French and English teacher. My ex has taught Japanese and my daughter works as an sso with aboriginal kids who come from the out back camps to the city. She's learning several of the common dialects, to teach them English.

This I do know, you can't teach English to the French, Japanese or even aboriginals, without first having a high competency in the language of the people you teach. Maybe if you're only teaching people who are competent or advanced in English you can,  but you are losing most of your customers if you cater only to  those  people.

Davo2 I taught English in Moscow for about 15 months. Most of the English teachers I meant had very little knowledge of Russian, including myself. I taught mostly beginners and intermediate learners.

In China there are literally thousands of people teaching English, probably including some Aussies. I've seen the ads there's no requirement the English teachers speak any Chinese.   

Offline ML

« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »
This I do know, you can't teach English to the French, Japanese or even aboriginals, without first having a high competency in the language of the people you teach.

Totally untrue.

Imagine . . . in USA (and probably similar in most other countries) there are courses in ESL (English as second language).  These courses have perhaps persons from 15 or more different first languages.

So you are saying the teacher will be unsuccessful unless he/she is highly competent in each of those 15 different languages?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #321 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
Indeed, during my weekend TEFL training it was explained that knowing the language of the learner was not necessary, in fact it could be detrimental. Instead the idea was to get the learner used to communicating in the language being taught. Initially this would be done by pointing to pictures and later by exercises.

That said though I think a few words of the language of the country you are in can help you feel more comfortable. I always feel a bit ignorant not knowing much Russian and almost imposing my English upon the natives. So I think approaching the teaching knowing a bit of Russian I would probably feel more at ease and confident even if it is unnecessary.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #322 on: July 04, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »
Point taken on the above comments, but it must be an excruciating slow exercise when teaching someone with no English skills?

I based my comments on my experiences with family here as school teachers. My mother also acted as a English teacher / interpreter for some young French farmers in an exchange program, they knew all of 5 words of English. I can't see how someone who couldn't communicate at all with them, would be a very efficient teacher?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:56:02 PM by Davo2 »

Offline Davo2

« Reply #323 on: July 04, 2018, 10:46:52 PM »
I always feel a bit ignorant not knowing much Russian.

I tried for a good 6 months. She would send voice recording of basic sentences in English and Russian . I started understanding some words, but for he life of me couldn't pronounce 90℅ of it, even when she slowed it down to 1/4 speed ... I think our slow drawl accent makes it harder, there were sounds my mouth couldn't make after many embarrassing attempts. It took me 3 weeks to pronounce her name correctly ;)

Offline rwd123

« Reply #324 on: July 04, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »
I was hoping that we had put the whole "English teacher" nonsense to bed months ago, especially since he doesn't have any sort of teaching qualification.
The pertinent point is moving to Eastern Europe. Even for as little as three months. With lack of capital or business skills English teaching is merely a default option. Unless a university degree is a requirement to teach, then it's inexpensive to obtain accreditation. (This is generic advice too, not just for Trenchcoat)

Another option (pending finances) is to study at a university. Take a language course. Dorm rooms are cheap, so is tuition. Could do that anywhere from a month in a summer school to a couple of years. You'd pick up invaluable language skills and cultural immersion. Rent out your home if necessary for money. Be there not for the women, but for the experience. You'll meet women. But it comes back to my first point; no money, no honey.

Almost any guy can land a girl in a big city if he spends a year there. A foreigner has a certain allure. You will get attention, good and bad.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701