It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello RWD!  (Read 29830 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Hello RWD!
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2018, 01:33:20 AM »
Over the years I have learnt particularly with the more low brow crowd that not talking too much tends to play better, not elaborating on what you say.

Great point Trenchcoat; so often it seems the less said, the better.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2018, 01:37:53 AM »
Off topic: Blimey! Fireworks are now flying all around my neighbourhood! With best wishes from Oxford, Happy New Year everybody!   :thumbsup:

I know I'm a little late, but happy new year to you kynrazor and all here at RWD. May 2018 bring us all happiness, health and prosperity. ~ Doug S.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2018, 03:28:53 AM »
Hi Doug !

A tip:  Kyn prefers being call Kyn ;)

« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2018, 12:56:05 AM »
Hi Doug !

A tip:  Kyn prefers being call Kyn ;)

Thanks for the tip Moby (and my apologies Kyn, still learning the ropes here!). Doug

Offline msmob

« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2018, 02:52:51 AM »
Thanks for the tip Moby (and my apologies Kyn, still learning the ropes here!). Doug

;)

He's a smart lad - c. your age, I guess

Online Turboguy

« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
Hey thanks Ray, I appreciate it. Don't inconvenience yourself, but anything you have in-hand at the moment and want rid of I'll accept graciously. Perhaps I could pick up said materials when I come down to check out your shop / business!

I will send you what I have found so far Doug and may find a few more odds and ends that I can give you when you come down.  I do have the Rosetta Stone set which is a pretty good one and great for vocabulary and the 3 sets of Pimsleur.  Pimsleur I is cassettes and II & III are CD's.  Hope you have a cassette player.  I am also sending a bunch of Language Now CD's.  I threw out the book for them but think I have another someplace that may turn up before you come down.  The Language Now set was one of the first I tried and I liked it a lot.  There is one tape missing from Pimsleur I.  As I recall it got stuck in the cassette player in the vehicle I had then.  There is enough there to keep you busy for a long time and to help you learn Russian pretty well. 

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »
I will send you what I have found so far Doug and may find a few more odds and ends that I can give you when you come down.  I do have the Rosetta Stone set which is a pretty good one and great for vocabulary and the 3 sets of Pimsleur.  Pimsleur I is cassettes and II & III are CD's.  Hope you have a cassette player.  I am also sending a bunch of Language Now CD's.  I threw out the book for them but think I have another someplace that may turn up before you come down.  The Language Now set was one of the first I tried and I liked it a lot.  There is one tape missing from Pimsleur I.  As I recall it got stuck in the cassette player in the vehicle I had then.  There is enough there to keep you busy for a long time and to help you learn Russian pretty well.

Greatly appreciated Ray, thank you kindly for your generosity. As a matter of fact (thanks to my dad's line of work) I've got access to any sort of player I could want... reel-to-reel, phonograph, 8-track, cassette, etc. ~ Doug 

« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »

Wow, that was fast! Took delivery of your box today... thanks a ton for the great learning materials! Way more content than I was expecting; you're right, I'll be busy for a long time! ~ Doug 

Offline msmob

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »
Great point Trenchcoat; so often it seems the less said, the better.

You'd think Trench might follow his own 'adviSe' ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541463
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3287
Most Online Ever: 12701