It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The things we do for love  (Read 9528 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The things we do for love
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 02:33:38 AM »
Now, SC wants to see Batumi - where Maxx2 lives ))

We've had SC weather lately. Lots of sunshine.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04:09 AM »
Good day, Maxx!

I had to cut SC loose this am, as she is sunbathing on the beach and called to ask if work was 'boring' ;)   She is swimming in the Black Sea

I'm about to post some great memories of Tbilisi - but this one's for you .!

( Maxx can explain )

Seen at 00:30 on our last night together ..

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:13:56 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 03:19:46 AM »
Some Tbilisi moments :

"Mr Happy"'s taxi

Full of bright lights and balloons - plus a quest book ;))

SC cracks up when an elderly guy -  off-shot - asks if we are American tourists and do we know what this car is)) ( Moscowvich)

SC 'protesting' :

Walking along Rustavelli Street

River scene

Posing:

Secret gardens of Tbilisi

Fantastic blend of old and new

Having walked 8km ( 5miles) in her ( I call them clown)  shoes - SC needs a tree for support ! 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 03:58:13 AM »
Good day, Maxx!

I had to cut SC loose this am, as she is sunbathing on the beach and called to ask if work was 'boring' ;)

I'm about to post some great memories of Tbilisi - but this one's for you .!

( Maxx can explain )

Seen at 00:30 on our last night together ..

The Challenger! The car of my youth! My first car was a 70 Challenger. I made poor Moby watch Vanishing Point with me! He wasn't first person I did this too. Probably 2 dozen people since 1971.

There is a black Challenger in the car lot down the street. Motivation for me to get a successful business going.

Offline msmob

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 04:02:06 AM »
Hi Maxx

it wasn't a chore.. I first saw it at a 'high school' Cine club just south of Manchester - in 76

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 04:02:26 AM »

Georgian men are very forward in asking women for their phone numbers... One offered to buy the lady that was visiting me a new pair of shoes.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:05:03 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 04:04:03 AM »
Hi Maxx

it wasn't a chore.. I first saw it at a 'high school' Cine club just south of Manchester - in 76

In the States it played in the drive-in theaters for years and years. Finally you could get it in betamax or VHS in the 80s.

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 04:06:06 AM »

Georgian men are very forward in asking women for their phone numbers... I had one volunteer to buy the lady that was visiting me a new pair of shoes.

SC is used to such behaviour as there are plenty of guys from the Caucuses  in Sochi .. May be one of them will buy her a stylish pair of shoes ? ;)

NB - I did not buy these ..they are from Thailand and USELESS walking downhill on cobbled streets ;) 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:11:13 AM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 07:54:00 AM »

SC is used to such behaviour as there are plenty of guys from the Caucuses  in Sochi .. May be one of them will buy her a stylish pair of shoes ? ;)

NB - I did not buy these ..they are from Thailand and USELESS walking downhill on cobbled streets ;)

There is or was a government program that encouraged Western English speakers to come to Georgia and teach Georgian children English. The tutors would be put up with a Georgian family. It was called TLG 'Teach and Learn with Georgia'.

http://www.tlg.gov.ge

I found a website for these tutors who were mostly women. At the TLG initiation the women were told to wear wedding rings otherwise there would be constant pressure from Georgian men. One woman wrote the men would get hurt feelings if they were told "No".

Here is an article told from a TLG teacher's perspective of TLG

http://www.postpravdamagazine.com/georgia-english-teachers/ It probably came out about the time of the film '5 Days of War'
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:09:04 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 08:00:40 AM »

One woman wrote the men would get hurt feelings if they were told "No".

That never worked for me.  i.e. When I told women a 'no' would cause me to be hurt.

Their reply was:  Why the fock should I care ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 08:12:41 AM »

There is or was a government program that encouraged Western English speakers to come to Georgia and teach Georgian children English. The tutors would be put up with a Georgian family. It was called TLG 'Teach and Learn with Georgia'.

http://www.tlg.gov.ge

I found a website for these tutors who were mostly women.

Sounds like a good idea.  Probably Ukraine and other FSU countries should try the same.

Was surprised that mostly women were involved.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 08:15:04 AM »
This is an amusing excerpt from the article I posted above:

Naturally, with this being Eastern Europe, cheap and homemade booze was ubiquitous. Whether it was in the staff room at the school, at home, or out at the bars, then chances were that most teachers were drunk. More pressing was that some people just couldn’t handle themselves with the streams of homemade Georgian wine constantly flowing. One participant in my group named something absurd like Hallum Dickens the 3rd decided that he’d just take a shit in the middle of a busy street in the quaint town of Poti. Perhaps the similarities to the word ‘potty’ was too hard to resist? Another teacher ended up getting so inebriated that he fell out of a hostel bunk-bed. When TLG informed him that they would not be covering his medical insurance, he decided to threaten the program with legal action. As a consequence, everyone in the program was informed that TLG would no longer cover their insurance if they were drunk, which of course was the majority of claims. Eventually, TLG teachers started to build a pretty strong and worthy reputation of being pissheads among Georgians.

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 08:15:50 AM »

At the TLG initiation the women were told to wear wedding rings otherwise there would be constant pressure from Georgian men. One woman wrote the men would get hurt feelings if they were told "No".

Here is an article told from the Russian perspective of TLG

http://www.postpravdamagazine.com/georgia-english-teachers/ It probably came out about the time of the film '5 Days of War'

SC WAS intimidated on day one - if she walked ahead or behind - or waited in another place - while I sought the Yandex / Uber / Bolt driver who stopped on the wrong side of a busy street ))

I don't normally get angry - just smile - when I see a guy try to hit on her and enjoy - speaking to  her in English and  observing my erstwhile 'opposition' discussing who I am to her in Russian - just as the taxi comes .

By day two - we were making a game of letting her go ahead and she enjoyed the cars hooting and  taxi drivers stopping to offer free rides and driving off when she asked if I can come - happened twice in one day..

Beel, has been to Georgia and will testify that - contrarily  - some men are protective of their sisters / daughters ..

On SCs last day she was on her won in the centre and 'survived' the experience .. She got 'ripped off ' - paying 4 times the cost of a sim card and the smallest credit - by a 'kind' taxi driver who took her to her brother's shop ..

She had my Georgian MasterCard - so I got the amount they cheated her refunded ;)   I have to say this was the only experience we had of 'cheating' ...  $8 !

Overall, the Georgians were friendly and - like any city - there are tourist traps and a few  losers on the make

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:21:17 AM by msmob »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »
Having walked 8km ( 5miles) in her ( I call them clown)  shoes - SC needs a tree for support ! 

They are called espadrilles.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

Re: The things we do for love
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 08:32:11 AM »
These are 'extreme' ones !

Now, I know a more classy term - it may help me come to terms with them -  thank you, Boethius
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:47:17 AM by msmob »

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
Nice weather.  So do you recommend Georgia as a retirement destination.   I mearly ask as I'm starting to think of my retirement future.  At present I'm toying with carteghena region of Spain or Tenerife .  Just can't face being cooped up for UK 6 month winters.  Just wondered what your thoughts were as you've been about a bit.  French med seems expensive and mainland France can be cold in winter.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 03:57:25 PM »
James,

Take a look at the island of Madeira as a retirement destination.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Davo

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2019, 04:17:24 PM »

On my recent holiday I saw several late model mustangs.

I’m a Chrysler / Mopar fan also. I’ve owned several Australian models..... A 318 charger, 245 Pacer and a 265 VJ Ute in my youth. My second race car was an open wheeler running a E49 spec 265 clone engine. I regret selling the street cars now as locally produced  Chrysler prices have for through the roof in Australia.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:19:50 PM by Davo »

Offline msmob

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:12 PM »
Nice weather.  So do you recommend Georgia as a retirement destination.   I mearly ask as I'm starting to think of my retirement future.  At present I'm toying with carteghena region of Spain or Tenerife .  Just can't face being cooped up for UK 6 month winters.  Just wondered what your thoughts were as you've been about a bit.  French med seems expensive and mainland France can be cold in winter.

Hi James

You'd best ask Maxx2

I've only been in March, April and May :)

SC hasn't seen Batumi, yet

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2019, 12:01:06 AM »
Hi James

You'd best ask Maxx2

I've only been in March, April and May :)

SC hasn't seen Batumi, yet

Batumi or Tbilisi Georgia has its limitations for those who do mind inconveniences.

This morning I woke up and the electricity was off. That happens from time to time. So I get the empty coffee pot and go out to the outdoor well to get some water. 

With a match I light the stove

A little while later Joggo and Nana my landlord and lady and their dog Bruno come by with an empty pot to fill. They tell me the power will come back on at "Dave-it chis-soff"  9 AM. It came on at "Dave-it sore-ik pat chis-soff". If you find things like this charming and amusing you'll love living as a retiree in The Republic of Georgia. I like modernity of Batumi, but I also like the touches of the olden days. I could see myself living up in the mountains looking out over the Black Sea in the distance with a milk cow in the backyard with the chickens. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:01:00 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:53 AM »
Brilliant, Maxx...

I think at some time you should show us your upstair's 'neighbours' daughters ;)

You'll be inundated with visitors ;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 12:59:48 AM »
Brilliant, Maxx...

I think at some time you should show us your upstair's 'neighbours' daughters ;)

You'll be inundated with visitors ;)

Ages 22 and 24  Respectful and traditional Georgian sisters.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:36:59 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 01:05:53 AM »
Only met the younger daughter - who speaks EXCELLENT English

She is better looking in reality

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 02:34:38 AM »
Only met the younger daughter - who speaks EXCELLENT English

She is better looking in reality

Yes, true. But it is not right for me to post their photo so I took it down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:38:43 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1967
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM