It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russian convicted of spying for the Brits poisoned (?) in the UK West Country ?  (Read 39026 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
23 Diplomats deported back to Russia.  New legislation coming out.  Ability to detain suspected spies at border (previously only suspected terrorists could be detained) and materials inspections all part of a package thrown at Russia.  The price of poker just went up.

May is one pissed off old bird.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Well Visa's for the moment are still on, whether this will last long term we'll just have to see. I think you still have a point ML that Russia is a little more precarious on the foreign relations front as the old East/West divide still persists and could cause immense problems for those pursuing or involved with a Russian girl at any time.

Good logic.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

Yesterday, it seems, there was a threat to discontinue RT in GB.

No... I don't think RT would remain available in N.Ireland....

What IS it with folk from the US who cannot understand that United Kingdom is the correct term?

Not 'England'....not 'GB'.....UK...OK?)

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
Grand Britannia should probably make novichok illegal.

Offline msmob

Grand Britannia should probably make novichok illegal.

' noli illigitimi corborundum '

and I know it's not ready Latin ;)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
the only way to stop a bad guy with Novichok, is with a good guy with Novichok!
if Great Britain would allow teachers to carry Novichok the way we do here in America, y’all wouldn’t have this problem, we’re several times the size of Great Britain and yet we haven’t had a single Novichok attack, how ya’all like that? 
and this is all thanks to Donald Trump who is totally making America GREAT again! 
if the liberals will let him arm all the teachers like he wants, he will put an end to all school violence and tardiness, late homework, etc.  you guys should just do whatever Donald Trump says to do like we do in this country! 
BTW, why are you guys putting a woman in charge? 
we had a black guy over here running the show for awhile and he totally destroyed the country and that was bad enough, but no way would we ever let a woman be in charge over here - what’s wrong with you guys! 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

Actually UK is expelling the wrong group.

Russia says that Ukraine did the bad deed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

They would also have motive as they could stand to gain by turning UK & Russia on each other. Possibly they might also have the contacts in Russia with their Russian population. Easy though for Russia to cast speculation in Ukraine's direction.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream

That makes sense since Ukraine really, really hates it when Russian
spies defect and give up Russian secrets to UK secret agents. Wait
a minute, that probably isn't it.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:35:14 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

Not 'England'....not 'GB'.....UK...OK?)

OK?

Russia tells the OK they shouldn't threaten a nuclear power. The only way to stop a bad guy with a nuke is with a good guy with a nuke. Russia also thinks UK's investigation is a circus. Moby, you guys selling tickets to that circus?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-given-24-hour-deadline-explain-military-grade-nerve-agent-attack-uk-173213606.html

Also in the article one of the developers said there is no cure and health problems may show up years down the road for those exposed. Also if traces of the chemical are left behind, it can last years and affect others who come in contact with it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

It is not that hard to see what is needed by the west.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=17626.msg479094;topicseen#msg479094

The namby pamby approach of Obama & Co is a proven failure -- time to treat the Russians to a dose of their own medicine .

Time for the idiot President to huff & puff at a real adversary -- and not some tin pot country !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
OK?

Russia tells the OK they shouldn't threaten a nuclear power. The only way to stop a bad guy with a nuke is with a good guy with a nuke. Russia also thinks UK's investigation is a circus. Moby, you guys selling tickets to that circus?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/russia-given-24-hour-deadline-explain-military-grade-nerve-agent-attack-uk-173213606.html

Also in the article one of the developers said there is no cure and health problems may show up years down the road for those exposed. Also if traces of the chemical are left behind, it can last years and affect others who come in contact with it.

If both sides have nukes then any threats on nukes are idle. Neither side would accomplish anything other than mutual destruction. End of the day there's no point getting into a nuclear war over a few ex-spies being knocked off. If one side had a missile defense shield that could be relied upon to shoot down all nukes, that might be something but it would still be seen as an unwanted scenario.

I think the investigation could prove fruitful, they seem to be making good progress so far. An investigation may sound weak but it has the power to unearth some powerful info that could prove decisive in any conflict. To give the UK police credit they are normally good at investigating stuff these days so I think it's worthwhile to see what they discover.

Personally I would like to see the UK assist with defeating the rebels in eastern Ukraine. Since the Russians are not supposed to be there anyway it would be something Russia would be unable to argue against but still take the hit. I think this is very doubtful to happen though at least as things stand.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:04:26 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

My only question is why - if these nerve agents are so dangerous - is no one dead

I appreciate being serious / critically ill is no fun and a complete recovery may  out of the question

I am astounded at those who refuse to see any positive correlation between 'warnings' to those continuing to act  against the state ( more likely trying to prove state involvement in crime / laundering money  / ownership ( interests ) in offshore companies ) meeting unfortunate early death and thinking it is a 'provocation'

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
I think a few of the early measures taken such as building a chemical defense establishment and further powers & checks on Russians entering the country are decent enough response. Militarily though it looks like & I fear our military will be sitting it out on the sidelines holding the latest military gear looking all pristine and doing nothing. I do not see any sense it paying for all the up to date military equipment for it to do that. I think the UK & US etc need to engage Russia (& perhaps China) in the small scale theatres of war like they did back in the cold war. Only by giving Russia  bloody nose and checking its moves will they reign their ambitions in. I rather fear the UK gov/military will be too timid in there willingness to use its armed forces.

Offline msmob

I think a few of the early measures taken such as building a chemical defense establishment and further powers & checks on Russians entering the country are decent enough response. Militarily though it looks like & I fear our military will be sitting it out on the sidelines holding the latest military gear looking all pristine and doing nothing. I do not see any sense it paying for all the up to date military equipment for it to do that. I think the UK & US etc need to engage Russia (& perhaps China) in the small scale theatres of war like they did back in the cold war. Only by giving Russia  bloody nose and checking its moves will they reign their ambitions in. I rather fear the UK gov/military will be too timid in there willingness to use its armed forces.

Hmm

the quickest way to get Russian 'onside' with Putin would be to do something that is anti man in the street - Putin plays on nationalism and patriotism

Offline BillyB

My only question is why - if these nerve agents are so dangerous - is no one dead

Does anybody know how those chemical agents were administered? Where they shoved up the victims nose or released in the air 10 meters away and let the wind carry the chemicals to the victims? The guy who did the assassination attempt probably did it in a way to protect his life so any error on his part in delivering the chemical weapon gives his target a better chance of survival. Me thinks this is going to cost your health care system and taxpayers big bucks to take care of the victims for the rest of their live lives.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Spoke to a Russian friend who says the nerve agent can be in a binary format and only when two substances combine, does it become active..

Could be it was administered in two places... 

Offline alex330

The substances would need to be mixed before the payload was delivered. It could have been as simple as aerosol in their car or under the door of their apartment. If it is denser than air as they say the victims may not have received a lethal dose.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Could be it was administered in two places...
A rather convoluted and unprofessional procedure, would it not be? How could they be sure that the intended victims would visit those 2 places in the necessary time frame ::)?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline southernX

what is most notable about this issue to me is that the russian gov , knowingly decided to use their novichok nerve gas , in the UK , with the full understanding of its implication on the world stage and consequences it would have once investigated

that is imo a clear sign they want the world to know they will intimidiate anyone anywhere with relative impunity

that is how blase they view the western worlds response as weak and undefined

and to date they have been correct , the response is weak and mainly toothless
this just emboldens putin to raise the stakes even higher next time around   and their will be a next time soon enough

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline BillyB

and to date they have been correct , the response is weak and mainly toothless
this just emboldens putin to raise the stakes even higher next time around   and their will be a next time soon enough

SX

I think you're right. Putin doesn't care what the Western World thinks based off his activities. Trump just applied sanctions on Russia again for the Cyber attacks they did all over the world in 2016. That cost America billions of dollars. Obama did nothing. I also think Trumps sanctions over that event is weak. Putin will continue to think he can get away with things with only a slap on the hand. After the next election, he will be continue to make Russia great again by making other nations worse.

Offline ML

Additional financial sanctions on the 13 in SPb who are probably college students with 10 rubles in their pocket.

Offline southernX

the problem for teressa may is to penalise russia significantly , she must also take on all the wealthy russian bussiness dollars in the UK 

the UK gov cant even silence RT in theIr country for fear of retribution from russia and its dollars

putin imo is reading the game better and playing to his strategies , the rest of the world are just in awe /catch up mode as to how he continually out plays them

no one is prepared to call his bluff

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline JayH

the problem for teressa may is to penalise russia significantly , she must also take on all the wealthy russian bussiness dollars in the UK 

the UK gov cant even silence RT in theIr country for fear of retribution from russia and its dollars

putin imo is reading the game better and playing to his strategies , the rest of the world are just in awe /catch up mode as to how he continually out plays them

no one is prepared to call his bluff

SX

I am going to keep saying this ---  the west needs to wake up totally and deal with the problem of Putin & Russia.
Simply stand on his throat -- how-
-- stand 100% with Ukraine to force Russia out of the east -- AND CRIMEA
-- apply the pressure to Saudi to collapse the oil price and drive the Russians out of the business

Russia will not do anything the west wants willingly --- only faced with eating it will alter Putin  & Russia.

The point is simple enough-- Ukraine is nearly in a position to militarily beat the Russians  and with the potential of wholehearted western support eg western control of the air and use of technology, would be enough.
Secondly -- cut the money stream off -- completely ! Along with seizing Russian money everywhere .

Those measures will see Putin lose control-- and force Russia to see there is no way out. FULL STOP.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1953
Total: 1962

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM