It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ain't life grand, an evening in Kiev.  (Read 18254 times)

Offline WmGO

Re: Ain't life grand, an evening in Kiev.
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2007, 10:28:22 AM »
If meant as a joke it is funny, if a serious comment then it is crap :)

Sorry Mir, it was sarcastic humor - that is why I used the smiley face with a wink. Unfortunately however, there are some people who actually think that way.....

Offline Muj

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »
Thor,

Thanks for the compliment, obviously I must be outstanding :angel:.

Offline Mir

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »
WmGo

OK no problems :)

Offline Thor

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2007, 12:47:09 PM »
Thor, cracks me up. I think you Jack meant fished out. lol.
  Wow Jack my imagination is running wild. in pics 1915d and e.  What could this girl be doing. Wish that was a film clip!!!! :D

Ok. Anyway there is a LOT more forreign men coming to Kiev and Odessa compered to citys like Poltava, Dnieper, Kharkov, Kherson and so on. Not so many "golddigers" in smaller citys or citys in the eastern Ukraine. I guess that it is a very good reasson that Jack left out Kiev and Odessa in his tours, or what??

Offline Muj

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
Thor,

As you say, not many Kiev and Odessa women wanting to marry foreign men.  So I must be outstanding in comparison.  Thanks  ;).

ps.  my wife is from Odessa :)

Offline Thor

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »
Thor,

As you say, not many Kiev and Odessa women wanting to marry foreign men.  So I must be outstanding in comparison.  Thanks  ;).

ps.  my wife is from Odessa :)

;)

I have been to Odessa and I saw so many hot girl there...But at every corner a US or European guy. The comoetition is very hard in Odessa.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2007, 04:44:10 PM »
Start2 I can tell you exactly what this girl was doing in the photo. Her red headed friend was taking pictures of her off to the side in a position that made it look like she was, well, you know, what us guys can do in that position but girls really can't. 

They thought it was funny and having a grand time. They were just playing, enjoying being young and hot looking.  It was a warm day and their were several other guys and girls in various fountains as well. Once I get back to the states I have a few thousand photos to go through and will be able to post others once I can get caught up from some of my duties that await me.

Muj, please do not be offended for various opinions expressed, none are personal {well, some exceptions such as rude jazzy being able to express her personal feelings about me. I tried in turn to express my personal feelings about her, as she did about me, and my opinions were deleted. Seems my personal feelings seemed a bit harsh to management).

Kiev and Odessa of course have many fine women. Like you I also married a wonderful woman from Odessa.  But what I am saying Muj is that a LOT of the finest, hottest women in these cities, both those listed with marriage agencies and those not, know they are hot and in high demand from either local guys or foreign man.  Many of these women are seeing a lot of guys. And because these hot ladies have so many men to choose from then they are of course picking the men who can give them the most, are not 15-20 years older and handsome.   

Of course their are many good women in Kiev and Odessa. I had two clients find good Kiev wives from our 2006-2007 Christmas/New Years tour to Kiev.  It's not impossible, not saying it is, but what I am saying is that a great many ladies from Kiev and Odessa see a lot more foreign men that ladies from other Ukraine cities.  Life is not so bad in Kiev and Odessa and these women are just not willing to leave for any man. In cities that are more economically depressed some fine ladies are not being as choosey as their counterparts from Kiev and Odessa. 

Many of these women, and of course I am not saying all Kiev and Odessa ladies, but many of these women have become just a little to westernized, many of these women have lost some of the traditional values that many of us are seeking.

I try to go with as high of percentages as possible for our clients and as such am seeing and having a lot more success in cities off the beaten path were their are not thousands of foreigners in town everyday, which is the case in Kiev and Odessa.

Kiev is a wonderful party city, as is Odessa. No other cities in Ukraine can match these two in that aspect.

Offline Muj

« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2007, 12:16:17 AM »
Jack,

Maybe the future wife having some understanding of western culture is helpful. :) 

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »
Jack,
many of these women have become just a little to westernized…have lost some of the traditional values that many of us are seeking.

Muj,
Maybe the future wife having some understanding of western culture is helpful.

Will UW not adjust to western ways when they are in the West?  I see the point that if they are losing their traditional values already in Ukraine, they could become very westernized upon landing here.  There is the counterpoint that this is a predictive litmus test of what she will become.

My hope is to meld the best from the West and the best from her culture.  Impossible?  Possible?

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
My hope is to meld the best from the West and the best from her culture.  Impossible?  Possible?
Gator,
I like to think that Lena has captured this idea.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »
How can the work "competition" be used in this already slanted field?

AND, if you create a field that is VERY, VERY slanted ... you go out of your league and get lucky ... then what?!?!? 

You and your great catch must live in a can for the rest of your natural life - or until her beauty fads???

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541471
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3460
Most Online Ever: 12701