It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Wedding Canceled  (Read 56929 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Wedding Canceled
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
OTOH - I won't spend more than a few hundred dollars.
So you'll give her a zircon engagement ring, at best :-\.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »
I think the moral lesson to be garnered from this discussion is:

NEVER EVER GIVE A DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING TO A FSUW  :D
Because:
1. FSUW do not appreciate its sentimental value but, on the other hand,
2. They, like any other W, do appreciate its $/€ value ;D.

I hate all absolutes.   :cheesygrin:

If you want to give an engagement ring, do so. Yes, it isn't their custom but if it is yours, honor it if you feel the need. Have a conversation explaining why you are giving it to her and be sure you consider her POV. After al, if she is the type being talked about you're getting a clue as to the viability of the marriage.

Whether you get engaged to a UW, RW, AW, goat, latina or whatever, you may not get it back. Plan accordingly and acept the consequences.

Good Luck!
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline dobradavid

• Alt Forum
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 07:49:16 PM »
So you'll give her a zircon engagement ring, at best :-\.

I did not write that - you may be confusing me with yourself.  8)

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »
When I became engaged, I gave her a very nice but inexpensive necklace as a gift with the understanding we would buy a ring together a few days later. I few days later, after she had picked out a ring for which she refused to upgrade regardless of my insistence, I had to put out a total of $78. Thats USD. A zircon would have more expensive.
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »
If you're going to spend a "few hundred dollars", you will not be buying a quality diamond, be it in the US, Ukraine, or Russia. 

My suggestion in each case is to let the woman choose the ring herself.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »
Boethius' suggestion has merit for some. As for me, I was raised in the tradition that the guy picks the ring and offers it sight unseen. Any woman who accepts or rejects based upon the ring isn't someone worth the effort - IMO.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »
If you're going to spend a "few hundred dollars", you will not be buying a quality diamond, be it in the US, Ukraine, or Russia. 

My suggestion in each case is to let the woman choose the ring herself.

From what I've read of this guy his interests lay more with ensuring his wife doesn't have access to his assets rather than giving her a quality ring.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2009, 01:40:45 AM »
From what I've read of this guy his interests lay more with ensuring his wife doesn't have access to his assets rather than giving her a quality ring.

LOL.

As for me, I was raised in the tradition that the guy picks the ring and offers it sight unseen. Any woman who accepts or rejects based upon the ring isn't someone worth the effort - IMO.

Ed, while I understand and respect your point, it is a romantic position, rather than one borne of practicality.  Taste is very subjective.  Do you want a woman to lie to you and tell you she loves a ring she doesn't?  A woman who loves you loves the idea of you buying the ring, but she should be free to tell you it isn't her taste.

For the record, I didn't get an engagement ring from my Kyiyanin.  He did choose my wedding band, though.  But, I'm not much of a jewelery person.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:29:50 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2009, 08:30:11 AM »
I did not write that - you may be confusing me with yourself.  8)
You didn't  :o? The Forum SW must be playing some tricks, then ::):

See I disagree - FSU women are well aware of the western custom. OTOH - I won't spend more than a few hundred dollars. I agree that "2-3 months salary" is marketing BS.  8)
Still does, apparently :-\.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline dobradavid

• Alt Forum
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
You didn't  :o? The Forum SW must be playing some tricks, then ::):
Still does, apparently :-\.

Yes - and "Zircon" was nowhere in what I wrote. You wrote that and you have selectively cited my posts - which speaks volumes about your personality.

You are aware that wearing a jacket and tie in your picture is not a substitute for competant communication/writing, yes? Nor education.  8)

Offline BC

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »
Yes - and "Zircon" was nowhere in what I wrote. You wrote that and you have selectively cited my posts - which speaks volumes about your personality.

You are aware that wearing a jacket and tie in your picture is not a substitute for competant communication/writing, yes? Nor education.  8)

What??? an attack on Sandro???

Boooooo....

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
Yes - and "Zircon" was nowhere in what I wrote.You wrote that
No, it wasn't and yes, I wrote it, so what? That's what "a few hundred dollars" would get you. Or can you enlighten us all where we could get a diamond ring for that paltry sum :-\? THAT'd be some useful information.

and you have selectively cited my posts - which speaks volumes about your personality.
Selectively cited your post :o? Let me do it again in its entirety, as I did before (Volume I, Chapter 2 of my personality: preferably quote in full to avoid subsequent quibbles):
See I disagree - FSU women are well aware of the western custom. OTOH - I won't spend more than a few hundred dollars. I agree that "2-3 months salary" is marketing BS.  8)
Must add a footnote to Chapter 2: Caution: some will quibble regardless, anyway :wallbash:.

Neither is NOT wearing them apparently, since it allows someone to write competAnt rather than competEnt. So much for education ::). As for the rest:

Foul, foul!  Dan, I'm being subjected to crass garment discrimination, please do something to "redress" this unjustifiable harassment :sad:
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:57 PM »
What??? an attack on Sandro???
BC, he's not attacking me REALLY, but my jacket and tie ;). I had thought of changing my avatar to a more recent photo but alas, I'm still wearing a tie :(.

P.S.: I hope YOU won't be offended if I left the Boooooo.... out of your quote ;D.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:12:41 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2009, 06:46:21 PM »
BC, he's not attacking me REALLY, but my jacket and tie ;). I had thought of changing my avatar to a more recent photo but alas, I'm still wearing a tie :(.

P.S.: I hope YOU won't be offended if I left the Boooooo.... out of your quote ;D.

just don't attack my dolphin..

and
on topic..
the person in question has been writing me for a month..
(nice completely normal letters,no hook,it's not like this is my first rodeo)
it's pretty funny to see the photos here.

Offline Aloe

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2009, 07:51:30 AM »
i agree, better propose with no ring and pick the ring together later. My husband bought me a ring and its kinda ugly :( Every time i walk by a jewelry shop and see all the pretty engagement rings, im so sad he couldnt pick a pretty one, now im stuck with this one. I mean almost every single one of them, cheap or expensive is pretty, except mine!! And i dont have the heart to tell him that i think its ugly lol. I dont know how he managed to pick this one out of so many pretty rings

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »
My husband bought me a ring and its kinda ugly :( Every time i walk by a jewelry shop and see all the pretty engagement rings, im so sad he couldnt pick a pretty one, now im stuck with this one. I mean almost every single one of them, cheap or expensive is pretty, except mine!! And i dont have the heart to tell him that i think its ugly lol. I dont know how he managed to pick this one out of so many pretty rings

LOL.

I know (hope) you don't really mean that, but that's pretty funny. Look at it this way Aloe...the fact it's not like everything else  - makes it unique. The fact it's one of a kind, makes it a gem.

;)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:36:57 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »
In about 5 years when your husband has his career going and making more money just lose it and have it upgraded.

Offline dobradavid

• Alt Forum
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2009, 07:17:21 PM »
No, it wasn't and yes, I wrote it, so what? That's what "a few hundred dollars" would get you. Or can you enlighten us all where we could get a diamond ring for that paltry sum :-\? THAT'd be some useful information.
Foul, foul!  Dan, I'm being subjected to crass garment discrimination, please do something to "redress" this unjustifiable harassment :sad:

Yes you wrote it - so stop attributing it to me. For a few hundred dollars, you could also get a starimaster, since your attempts at wit are indicative of low self-esteem. Unless negative attention is better than no attention?  8)

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
Yes you wrote it - so stop attributing it to me.
Where have I ever done that :o? Please quote my offending post.
For a few hundred dollars, you could also get a starimaster
No idea what that is, unless it's another misspelt word. Stairmaster, maybe?
since your attempts at wit are indicative of low self-esteem.
You are an amazing source of new behavioural theories, I'll store that nugget of wisdom alongside "Jackets and ties: no substitutes for competAnt communication/writing".
:ROFL:
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline KenC

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »
Sandro suggested that the best ring you could buy for a few hundred dollars was a zircon ring.  He never said you specifically indicated a purchase of a zircon ring but that it would be the highest quality engagement ring available for only a few hundred dollars. The inference is that "a few hundred dollars" does not buy much of a ring at all.  Your over sensitivity speak volumes of YOUR personality kind sir.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
David,
I wish you were smart enough to understand how stupid your statement is regarding Sandro who is RWD's version of Google.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline tim 360

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
Sandro, I think your jacket and tie look just fine and competent.  Merry Christmas!
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
Sandro, I think your jacket and tie look just fine and competent.  Merry Christmas!
Thank you Tim, the same to you & family. Ken, you're stating in other words what I thought was pretty obvious...meaning the zircon part ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline cartable

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 06:25:41 AM »
Good morning,
My name is André, I am Frenchman.
I was in touch with Anna Savych from April, 2014 till November, 2015.
I stopped this relation, because it destroyed me psychologically.
I quickly had a feeling that this woman was not honest, but when they are in love, they are blind...
A lot of lies, and many unsaid...
As GB, I could not have photos of its parents - strange - but arranged to extract me of some money, in a very destructive way.
We met twice, in Kharkov and at home. I smelt him very distant at home.
I decide to post 7 years after GB, but this woman must be put out of state to harm. I am sure that she was in touch with several men at the same time as I: she has 3 telephones at least, and several Skype addresses.
She is on several sites: RUPERSONAL, Natasha Club, Elena' s Model, UKREINE.COM, PartnerVermittlung and many others but on no social networks such as Facebook or VK!!
I post several photos, only in France or with me, or they are photos made by a professional.
She has a training of lawyer, she says that she works in a company which sells some water (Jivaya), but I am sure that she is lawyer indeed, she knows laws, she stays on "the thread of the razor", she is clever, she is DANGEROUS!!!
She makes believe that she has problems of health to receive some money and to refuse to have intimate reports!!
She has a rather good lifestyle: she gets dressed in Chanel, made do again her bathroom, bought an air-conditioning.... With his only wage of secretary to Jivaya? LOL!!!
She has no intention of getting married abroad, she arranges to meet men, and to extract from them some money, to continue her life in Kharkov...
She lies a lot, but when they lie, it is necessary to be very strong on length: she is not her!!

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2016, 07:29:26 AM »

She has no intention of getting married abroad, she arranges to meet men, and to extract from them some money, to continue her life in Kharkov...

You found this from a seven year old thread :o Fascinating.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2016, 09:03:11 AM »
Good morning,
My name is André, I am Frenchman.
I was in touch with Anna Savych from April, 2014 till November, 2015.
I stopped this relation, because it destroyed me psychologically.
I quickly had a feeling that this woman was not honest, but when they are in love, they are blind...
A lot of lies, and many unsaid...
As GB, I could not have photos of its parents - strange - but arranged to extract me of some

Welcome to the forum Andre. What is your next step? Are you still looking for a soulmate or given up? If you're still looking, we can get you on the right direction. Do lots of reading here and ask questions.

You found this from a seven year old thread :o Fascinating.

Google makes finding things easy. What I'm amazed at is this woman is still scamming men after 7 years and wasting their time getting into serious relationships with them. Andre should list her name on anti scam sites.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701