It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dating a fsu girl in your own country  (Read 9360 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Dating a fsu girl in your own country
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
dunno. The supposed part where the MIL was giving him instruction *How to Slam my Daughter's Salami 101* was straight out of The Oregon Trail's trial and tribulations: From the annals of 'Joe Meets Big Foot'.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »
  I just wanted to know is dating a RW abroad is the same or not as dating her at your own country (in such aspects al language, culture, customs, biases, money etc).
Thanks!

Taikka,

When a WM goes to the FSU to find a woman, he knows that he will be the one who has the choice. Not the RW but him. As soon as the RW seeker put a considerable amount of efforts, time and money into the pursuit, and knowing that not many men are able to do that, he rightfully expects to get the best that he possibly can. The RW in the FSU have a limited choice in men. This is one of their reasons to seek a man abroad. A disbalance of choices and opportunities - this is the main difference in dating a RW in the FSU.

Now let's think of a single, slim, pretty, nice, smart and, hopefully, a fluent English speaking RW in the USA or Canada. Now the picture turns around 180 degrees. Now she has her choice of a number of single, eligible, established, etc. AM. who otherwise may never think of going to the FSU.  On the American soil, a RW is drastically distinct from the usual AW, and is a great catch for men of almost any ethnicity. As they say, a "6" in the FSU may be easily considered an ''8'' in the U.S.

Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »

As soon as the RW seeker put a considerable amount of efforts, time and money into the pursuit, and knowing that not many men are able to do that, he rightfully expects to get the best that he possibly can. The RW in the FSU have a limited choice in men. This is one of their reasons to seek a man abroad. A disbalance of choices and opportunities - this is the main difference in dating a RW in the FSU.

Now let's think of a single, slim, pretty, nice, smart and, hopefully, a fluent English speaking RW in the USA or Canada. Now the picture turns around 180 degrees. Now she has her choice of a number of single, eligible, established, etc. AM. who otherwise may never think of going to the FSU.  On the American soil, a RW is drastically distinct from the usual AW, and is a great catch for men of almost any ethnicity. As they say, a "6" in the FSU may be easily considered an ''8'' in the U.S.

I completely agree with the above.  That is why most of us go to FSU to look for a wife instead of finding one who is already living in our country.

But I don't agree with this:

When a WM goes to the FSU to find a woman, he knows that he will be the one who has the choice. Not the RW but him. 

In my experience, plus that of some friends of mine who have been in this search for quite some time, the choice is mutual.  Both the guy and the girl make the choice.  I think your statement might be true if a high-value guy (not more than 40 years old, tall, nice looking, in good shape, with a lucrative job and social skills) goes to visit a girl who is, let's say, a reasonably attractive 35 year old FSUW who has a 7 year old child.  In that case the WM does largely make the choice, although still not totally.  But guys like that typically look for a FSUW who is more appealing.

Online Lily

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

But I don't agree with this:

In my experience, plus that of some friends of mine who have been in this search for quite some time, the choice is mutual.  Both the guy and the girl make the choice.  I think your statement might be true if a high-value guy (not more than 40 years old, tall, nice looking, in good shape, with a lucrative job and social skills) goes to visit a girl who is, let's say, a reasonably attractive 35 year old FSUW who has a 7 year old child.  In that case the WM does largely make the choice, although still not totally.  But guys like that typically look for a FSUW who is more appealing.

I agree that both sides have to choose, however, I meant that the RW in the FSU only has to choose between something like, 'yes or no to this guy'. She still has either to accept the particular guy who made it to the FSU, or to reject the particular guy. The same guy however has the choice among many women. He will be thinking like, ''this one? or that one? or that other one? or the one who brings that'. He has a choice among the multiple options, while a RW has only one option to accept or decline. That's what I meant by 'having a choice'.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 02:19:27 PM »

I agree that both sides have to choose, however, I meant that the RW in the FSU only has to choose between something like, 'yes or no to this guy'. She still has either to accept the particular guy who made it to the FSU, or to reject the particular guy. The same guy however has the choice among many women. He will be thinking like, ''this one? or that one? or that other one? or the one who brings that'. He has a choice among the multiple options, while a RW has only one option to accept or decline. That's what I meant by 'having a choice'.

Lily, how is the dating life in Canada?

Online Lily

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 02:22:02 PM »

Lily, how is the dating life in Canada?

During my four years in Canada, my dating life is more exciting than it has been during the decades of my life in the FSU.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:18:47 PM by Lily »

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »

During my four years in Canada, my dating life is more exciting that it has been during the decades of my life in the FSU.

Lily was a nice old fashioned Russian woman that many men talk about on this forum.  After 4 years she ends up becoming a man eater.   :P

That is great to hear!   What type of differences did you find that made it more exciting?

Online Lily

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
It is the men themselves who are the most exciting part, their personalities  :-*

Offline Larry1

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 03:11:38 PM »

Ah yes, I understand now.  I was thinking in part about later in the relationship, after the first visit, when (I hope) the guy is dating only one girl. 

Offline Larry1

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »

During my four years in Canada, my dating life is more exciting that it has been during the decades of my life in the FSU.

A perfect illustration of this central truth about FSUW dating in FSU and in the West that you expressed here:

Online Lily

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 03:26:49 PM »
The process reminds me of the perestroika era in the USSR, or of the early 1990x in the new emerging Russia, when Russians went to Germany or other Western countries in order to buy a used car for themselves, or for a later eventual resale, and to bring it home to Russia. Even when the Western car producers actually came to Russia, and offered their full line of cars and service on the Russian market, people did not stopped being the ''car tourists". On the question, why do they prefer going to Germany for a car, they answered, 'In Germany, I can get a slightly used but still better and nicer car for a better price than I can get it for in Russia. Still worth the efforts spent vs. the value received'.

;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:35:54 PM by Lily »

Offline GregfromGa

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:09 PM »
Lily you my dear are a solid 11 no matter which continent you are standing on.  You always have been. I remember when you first posted here and the women here were so mean to you. Well they are gone and you are still here. LOL, Just like it should be.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »
I just wanted to know is dating a RW abroad is the same or not as dating her at your own country (in such aspects al language, culture, customs, biases, money etc).
Thanks!

Some men go to the FSU and are taken shopping by the women on the first date. This doesn't happen at home.

A guy still has to worry about gold diggers at home or abroad. Women have to worry about playboys. No difference between dating here or there on that.

Dating at home, I don't talk about serious topics on the first few dates. Before deciding to visit an FSU woman, I talk to her about serious topics. I remember an American man and FSU woman who were in a relationship for a year only to break up after she learned he can't have kids anymore. If they talked about future children earlier, they wouldn't have wasted a year of their life.

For me to decide to travel to the FSU, I expect the woman to be exceptional. I'm sure the women expect men to be exceptional too considering they have to relocate and start a new life. I'm sure you read or watched on the news most people doing this are desperate but many of us have standards.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Drew

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »
Many of the available FSU women already in USA are of the Jewish faith.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld said.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701