It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Teaching English in Russia  (Read 4964 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Teaching English in Russia
« on: March 08, 2018, 01:38:42 AM »
I have some experience of seeing English taught in Russia to children of all ages and adults in, Sochi

1/ As I watch my partner's experience - learning

2/ I have a good friend who is head of English at a school ( in Sochi)  and in conjunction with the School runs  private lessons for Children and Adults - I've been a guest speaker for classes of age groups

3/ I have a friend who teaches English in Moscow - he is Canadian

As my 'knowledge' of the subject was queried - and rather than pollute someone's intro thread with 'validations' - I started a new thread

In my opinion - esp in Moscow - I've seen it is possible to earn a crust - if you are dedicated and smart ... I'm not too sure, if you could survive on such work in a regional city.

I've been asked to teach in Sochi, ( by two competing schools ) but I don't have the time to spare and it's just not worth the hassle ( cost ) of changing my Visa status. Plus, I've only ever taught folks how to sail - never any academic subjects - other than weather and a Russian 10 yr old kid knows more about the actual theory of my own language's grammar than I do ;))

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 01:50:41 AM by msmob »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM