It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: PM's  (Read 10158 times)

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
PM's
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:48:21 PM »
One thing I would like to see, if it is possible with the sofware you are using, I know it can be done with different software as I have seen it, but I imagine it depends on the makeup of the board.
Anyway I would like to see when I send a pm, a message that pops up & asks me if I wish to be notified when the person I sent it to views it. I have sent several PM's of late & have recieved no replies from the recipient & it would be nice if there was some way to at least know if it was recieved & read. At least I know they got it & are just ignoring me, which is fine, but I just hate twisting in the wind & not knowing if they even recieved it & not knowing if I should resend it.
Just a thought....
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: PM's
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 11:55:22 PM »
Also I would like to attach a photo to a PM.  I can see the "insert image" button but haven't figured out how to put the image inside the brackets that appear in the narrative. ???
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:28:50 AM by acrzybear »
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 06:16:31 AM »
Also I would like to attach a photo to a PM also.  I can see the "insert image" button but haven't figured out how to put the image inside the brackets that appear in the narrative. ???

I am pretty sure the image insertion will work OK - BUT - the image must be referenced to a URL - which means the image must be available on a host somewhere. It does NOT work the same as an attachment to a post.

Try this - upload the image to the Gallery here, and make note of the URL which is referenced. Then go to the PM system and try inserting that URL in between the IMG commands, and see if that works.

Let me know.

- Dan

Offline jb

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 09:52:54 AM »
Dan,

I know it may sound simple minded to you, or others, however I have 3 different computers here, only one of which is set up with my account for recieving incoming e-mail.  The other 2 are portable, however I can access the fourm from all 3 whenever I'm in range of a wireless system. 

My problem with PMs is that I never know if I've got one unless I see an e-mail notification on the one computer which, unfortunately is the same one Etna hogs with all her school work, such as Power Point lectures, student records, grades, etc., and all the things she needs for her career as an Associate Professor at the local college.  Whenever I sit down at that machine she almost goes into cardiac arrest for fear I'll inadvertantly delete something important.

My question/ suggestion for you is; is there a feature on the board software that would present a popup notification of an incoming PM?  It would be helpful if I could see notice of an incoming PM from any of the other 2 computers which I routinely use.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:59:01 AM »
Dan,

I know it may sound simple minded to you, or others, however I have 3 different computers here, only one of which is set up with my account for recieving incoming e-mail.  The other 2 are portable, however I can access the fourm from all 3 whenever I'm in range of a wireless system. 

My problem with PMs is that I never know if I've got one unless I see an e-mail notification on the one computer which, unfortunately is the same one Etna hogs with all her school work, such as Power Point lectures, student records, grades, etc., and all the things she needs for her career as an Associate Professor at the local college.  Whenever I sit down at that machine she almost goes into cardiac arrest for fear I'll inadvertantly delete something important.

My question/ suggestion for you is; is there a feature on the board software that would present a popup notification of an incoming PM?  It would be helpful if I could see notice of an incoming PM from any of the other 2 computers which I routinely use.

Indeed, there *is* a popup notification feature!

Navigate to "Profile" - then to "Personal Message Options" - and from there be sure to check the "Show a popup......" option.

- Dan

Offline jb

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:18:19 AM »
Lo and behold,,,,

There's even a nastygram from Doug S there......

Offline jb

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 10:39:25 AM »
Does the software bounce PMs from those who are on "ignore"?  That would be a nice feature.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:51:25 AM »
Does the software bounce PMs from those who are on "ignore"?  That would be a nice feature.

I believe in that same "Personal Messages" area is an "Ignorelist."

That is where you would bounce PM's from a given member.

- Dan

PS - no announcement necessary as to who is, or who is not, among your list.

Offline jb

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 10:56:49 AM »
PS - no announcement necessary as to who is, or who is not, among your list.

I wasn't planning to share that list, however I suspect they know who they are.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
Lo and behold,,,,

Too bad you couldn't post it. I could use another laugh today.

IMO Doug S livens things up around here just like Donna P did. Let's face it we all check to see what new things Doug is in a twist about.

Maxx

Offline jb

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »
I could have re-posted Doug's PM easily, I know how to copy 'n paste.  However I regard PMs as private.  Let it suffice to say it contained uncomplementary words about me and the board members.

That Doug is missing a few aces from his deck of cards is well known.  He's been around a while and comes and goes, back and forth, from these boards with nary a ripple.   Rarely are we treated to such a view of an overly inflated ego as we see in Doug.   If Doug actually had a message for us, surely he could get it across in less than 2,000 words.  Alas,,, not~!

Doug, if you ever read this,,, Stuff it where the sun don't shine...

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 02:07:25 PM by jb »

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »

Doug, if you ever read this,,, Stuff it where the sun don't shine...

And this is why I like jb so much-he's so poetic (kinda brings a tear to my eye)  :'(

jb-You weren't around Tulsa the latter half of 68 where you? I never did find my dad ;D
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline jb

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 04:05:09 PM »
Alas, bear, in 1969 I was but a simple Chief Petty Officer serving in the 3rd fleet with the other hard charging boys in blue.

I'm afraid we can't claim kin.   :)

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 05:08:56 AM »
Lo and behold,,,,

You slay me. Sorry, I would cut DougS more slack if he could only learn to post without insulting people. I have no DougS pm's as of yet.
BTW I have been receiving pop-up notification of pm's since day one. Maybe I tweaked that part of my preferences early on.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 06:36:47 AM »
BTW I have been receiving pop-up notification of pm's since day one. Maybe I tweaked that part of my preferences early on.

Be careful what you tweak SOC.  You are married and there are rules about what you can and can not tweak.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1890
Total: 1901

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM