It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 265208 times)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #825 on: August 03, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
Bon Voyage!

When you return please explain TMI.  I don't know this medical term.

I'm guessing something like Transient Myocardial Infarction.

Offline Drew

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #826 on: October 03, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »
Ochka is now back in USA and working.
She had OPT program with EAD card and was getting close to the 90 days allowed unemployment.
She had standing job offer at a University to work in the various math labs, tutor sessions, grading, etc.  And in Spring, she will be instructor in her own math classes.

ML is still in Ukraine working on Ochka's new apartment.  Having  a great time with workers who speak little English and he speaks only a little Ukrainian or Russian.  Ochka say's he is very popular as he brings in a three of cases of beer and snacks on Friday afternoons.  Workers from the entire apartment complex stop by to imbibe.

He will return to USA in a couple of weeks.

My knee operation is healing satisfactorily and Kate is coming down this weekend to spend time with Ochka and take me back to the big city.  She is happy to not have to continue to do the 3 hour round trip a few times a week to be with me.  Now I must start intensive physical therapy and go back to my job.  It was great having my colleagues cover my classes during my absence, but now I owe favors big time.

I think I will end my participation here after this weekend as I really have no experience in the searching for a FSUW since Kate and I met on campus here in USA.  She even helped me find a building when I asked for help 10 years ago.  How romantic is that for a beginning ?  We have been living together for 7 years and she is now USA citizen and working as MD.  And I have no stomach for the continuing diatribe wherein some are supporting the actions of Russian terrorists in Ukraine.

In the words of that famous man, some won't  "have me to kick around any more."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:17:14 AM by Drew »

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #827 on: October 03, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »
Drew,

I missed something.  How do you know about ML?

I hope you stay around, yet I am sympathetic to your stomach ailment.

Offline Drew

« Reply #828 on: October 03, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »
Gator, Ochka and Kate met at Ukrainian cultural event.  Became quick friends and got ML and me acquainted also.

I had knee operation and hard for me to move about in a three story townhouse with some narrow doors and hallways.

ML offered his spacious house to me which has 4 foot wide hallways and 36 inch doors.

Quite lovely place in the middle of 30 wooded acres with a herd of 20 or so wild deer, flock of 30 or so wild turkeys, other assorted animals including an occasional fox.  Neighbors have even seen a bear, but I haven't.

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #829 on: October 03, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Gator, Ochka and Kate met at Ukrainian cultural event.  Became quick friends and got ML and me acquainted also.

I had knee operation and hard for me to move about in a three story townhouse with some narrow doors and hallways.

ML offered his spacious house to me which has 4 foot wide hallways and 36 inch doors.

Quite lovely place in the middle of 30 wooded acres with a herd of 20 or so wild deer, flock of 30 or so wild turkeys, other assorted animals including an occasional fox.  Neighbors have even seen a bear, but I haven't.

Drew, I hope you at least pop in once in a while to say hello.  I enjoyed your posts.  Also, thanks for the update on ML.
Doug (Calmissile)

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #830 on: October 03, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »

I agree with Doug, do stay on. Never let the Putinista trolls  keep you from participating in other topics. The ignore functions works quite well here....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #831 on: October 03, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Drew, I hope you at least pop in once in a while to say hello.  I enjoyed your posts.  Also, thanks for the update on ML.

I agree with Doug, do stay on. Never let the Putinista trolls  keep you from participating in other topics. The ignore functions works quite well here....

Well maybe if ML errr Drew had known he was loved so much he wouldn't have changed his name errrrr left to renovate apartments in Ukraine. Did he not receive the memo?  :D

Offline JayH

« Reply #832 on: October 03, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »

Me three Drew. You are more qualified than many(most?) here--look at forum title. Yours is another perspective on that-- let's face it-the forum needs all the active members it can get.
Stick around-there are some good people here. :)
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #833 on: November 03, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
I am back in USA after three months in foreign lands.

Have had some great experiences with construction workers in Ukraine.  Really great people who will do anything for people they like and respect.  Very hard workers . . . up until the drinking starts.

I have probably picked up a fair Ukrainian vocabulary; but most are words that shouldn't be repeated in mixed company.

Many evidences that Russian peoples are truly the scum of the earth.

Still jet lagging, so will be awhile before I catch up on the happenings here.

Ochka is doing great and has kept the homestead running in my absence.

Gator, I mistyped.  TIA, not TMI.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

« Reply #834 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »

Have had some great experiences with construction workers in Ukraine.  Really great people who will do anything for people they like and respect.  Very hard workers . . . up until the drinking starts.

I have probably picked up a fair Ukrainian vocabulary; but most are words that shouldn't be repeated in mixed company.

Still jet lagging, so will be awhile before I catch up on the happenings here.

Ochka is doing great and has kept the homestead running in my absence.

Gator, I mistyped.  TIA, not TMI.

You were gone???? :o Guess I didn't get that memo!!! glad you are well

In bold- I wonder if getting $$$ had anything to do with it..... just a guess
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Gator

« Reply #835 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »

Welcome back.

Russian peoples or Russian government, particularly Putin and his henchmen in eastern Ukraine. 

Offline ML

« Reply #836 on: November 05, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »
Russian peoples or Russian government, particularly Putin and his henchmen in eastern Ukraine.

It is the Russian people themselves.

Only in cases where the citizens of a country do not support the actions of their government and leaders can we hold the citizens harmless.

In the current case, Putin and his actions have nearly overwhelming support from the Russian citizens.

Even aside from the events of this current year; all intelligent and honest persons know full well that ethnic Russians are a disgusting and despicable people.

Go to any third country where large numbers of tourists, etc., arrive, talk to the natives and they will readily tell you that Russians are a disgusting and despicable people.

Not since the time of the pre-WWII Japanese do we have this example of an inferior people who get the absurd idea in their head that they are a superior people as the current Russians feel.

OK sure, I understand that many of you have and are chasing some RW with attractive exterior features.  But that doesn't change anything I have stated above.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #837 on: November 05, 2014, 11:01:59 AM »
It is the Russian people themselves.

Only in cases where the citizens of a country do not support the actions of their government and leaders can we hold the citizens harmless.

In the current case, Putin and his actions have nearly overwhelming support from the Russian citizens.

Even aside from the events of this current year; all intelligent and honest persons know full well that ethnic Russians are a disgusting and despicable people.

Go to any third country where large numbers of tourists, etc., arrive, talk to the natives and they will readily tell you that Russians are a disgusting and despicable people.

Not since the time of the pre-WWII Japanese do we have this example of an inferior people who get the absurd idea in their head that they are a superior people as the current Russians feel.

OK sure, I understand that many of you have and are chasing some RW with attractive exterior features.  But that doesn't change anything I have stated above.

How do you really feel about this?

:ROFL:

Offline Gator

« Reply #838 on: November 05, 2014, 02:37:51 PM »

Yet we know the average Russian has not been well informed, and instead has received news filtered through media controlled by Putin.   I do question whether the average Russian is so trusting to believe what they receive is the whole truth.  Maybe some do  not want the truth, or maybe some patriotic Russians  are relishing the sense of power Putin seems to bring.   

Did some Russian man bugger you?  This is an absurd comment. 

Rapidly acquired wealth does not bring good manners and good tastes.  This is especially true when the transition to wealth process rewarded those with the lowest scruples.   What the wealth does is place the recipients in a light where they can be observed by those with good manners and tastes.   Observing them in shops, at an airport queue (I have a great anecdote about an Egyptian desk agent blaming a mob scene on Russian mentality), etc.  magnifies their lack of refinement, yet to sit down and converse with an average Russian family will reveal they are good people.

I saw this in Iran in the 1970s.  Iranians educated in Europe and America were well behaved, although the most unscrupulous advanced the furthest.   Go to their homes and the hospitality was sincere and profound.

BTW, do you believe Ukrainians are any different form the Russians you despise other than there are not as many Ukrainians with disposable income?

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #839 on: November 05, 2014, 05:41:22 PM »

:) Voice of a true Ukrainian. I must agree,  Russians are not nice people in a fight.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #840 on: November 05, 2014, 07:10:37 PM »
:) Voice of a true Ukrainian. I must agree,  Russians are not nice people in a fight.

So are you admitting that Russian's have invaded Ukraine? 

Offline JayH

« Reply #841 on: November 05, 2014, 11:46:33 PM »

Most of those words are used frequently in the same sentence as Putin & Russia !!
Right now what ML expresses  is what manyt Ukrainians feel and will openly say.

For those on the forum who are namby pamby about about the Russian invasion and killing of good Ukrainians-- and are on the forum for some theoretical distant debate of some stupid irrelevant point-- take note of the emotion ML has expressed--it is how Ukrainians feel right now.

ML-- I have also been in Ukraine a considerable amount of time this year and totally agree with ML -you can namby pamby around finer points to the cows come home-- but ML's whack is between the eyes.

Ukrainians showed great bravery and courage to stand up against a ruthless regime and succeed in ridding themselves of them-only to be faced with an even more ruthless corrupt Putin and Russian cronies-- the Russian people cannot expect to get the benefits of that regime and ignore the atrocities being performed on their behalf. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:52:42 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #842 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »
Update:

Ochka and I are both at home in USA now.

Ochka has job as adjunct instructor in math department at major state university.  She didn't return to USA until late in September, so all the regular full time teaching slots were already filled.  She spends most of her time in a study hall type setting where students can come in to get help with their math courses.  Most are enrolled in first two semesters of calculus, but she also has to handle some questions regarding geometry, trigonometry, differential equations, etc.

For Spring Semester 2015 she has been told she will teach at least two courses, but not specified which ones yet.  Most likely one or both of the first two courses in calculus.

I worked for a few months on the apartment that Ochka purchased in Kyiv not far from the new US Embassy.  Some of her friends and relatives are still doing some final work on the apartment.

When she first wanted to come to USA, Ochka's goal was to learn how to manage the money she received from life insurance payout when her husband died.  She really hasn't done any formal study of finance here as she got interested in the master of science in math program.  However, finance is my area, so I think I have helped.

Here is what Ochka has for her future.

Rental income from the apartment we purchased together in Ireland.

By summer 2015 will have rental income from the apartment she purchased in Kyiv.

Interest and dividend income from her remaining accounts in Belgium.

Salary income from her teaching job here in USA.

Three pieces of property she will inherit from parents in Ukraine.

Some substantial assets from me when I kick the bucket.

So a pretty good set of diversified assets and income for her.

Offline ML

« Reply #843 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:58 AM »
Recently I was 'one-upped.'

Ochka enjoys Olive Garden restaurant.

On latest visit, I told her (as always) that she looked very attractive, sexy, beautiful, etc., and took some pics.

While I was taking this one, another man walked by and said to her:  "You are a very gorgeous lady."

Ochka asked me how this gorgeous comment ranked with my beautiful comment.

I had to sheepishly admit that I had been 'outdone.'

Don't know why this pic is laying on side; not that way in my computer.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:47:49 AM by ML »

Offline ML

« Reply #844 on: November 26, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »
A great feature in a woman, and one that is pretty much a 'must' for me is that she be able to 'go both ways.'  Well not like that.

Compare the pic of Ochka at Olive Garden with these.

Can your gal look gorgeous for restaurants and opera,
and pitch in to help with the labor ??

18 acres of  woods on this property and some trees are always dying.  We use them in the wood burning furnace which Ochka loves because of the even temperature provided.

Getting ready with the ratchet pully.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:17:20 PM by ML »

Offline ML

« Reply #845 on: November 26, 2014, 12:18:34 PM »
Helping tilt the tree.

Offline ML

« Reply #846 on: November 26, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
Remembering to run.

Offline ML

« Reply #847 on: November 26, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »
Giving the reward.

Offline ML

« Reply #848 on: November 26, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »
Start the cleanup.  This is a second tree.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #849 on: November 26, 2014, 01:13:31 PM »
Update:

Ochka and I are both at home in USA now.

Ochka has job as adjunct instructor in math department at major state university.  She didn't return to USA until late in September, so all the regular full time teaching slots were already filled.  She spends most of her time in a study hall type setting where students can come in to get help with their math courses.  Most are enrolled in first two semesters of calculus, but she also has to handle some questions regarding geometry, trigonometry, differential equations, etc.

For Spring Semester 2015 she has been told she will teach at least two courses, but not specified which ones yet.  Most likely one or both of the first two courses in calculus.

I worked for a few months on the apartment that Ochka purchased in Kyiv not far from the new US Embassy.  Some of her friends and relatives are still doing some final work on the apartment.

When she first wanted to come to USA, Ochka's goal was to learn how to manage the money she received from life insurance payout when her husband died.  She really hasn't done any formal study of finance here as she got interested in the master of science in math program.  However, finance is my area, so I think I have helped.

Here is what Ochka has for her future.

Rental income from the apartment we purchased together in Ireland.

By summer 2015 will have rental income from the apartment she purchased in Kyiv.

Interest and dividend income from her remaining accounts in Belgium.

Salary income from her teaching job here in USA.

Three pieces of property she will inherit from parents in Ukraine.

Some substantial assets from me when I kick the bucket.

So a pretty good set of diversified assets and income for her.

Well done ML for your lady. I think that it is one thing that western men should do for their ladies : educate them  slowly so they can fully be independant latter with a great (full ?) understanding of the western system. This is not so easy.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541307
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701