It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Landing Card at Kiev Borispol  (Read 8958 times)

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Landing Card at Kiev Borispol
« on: February 28, 2005, 04:35:32 PM »
Maybe I got lucky this time.

I forgot to bring a residence address to include on the landing card and just wrote "Apartment" and I still breezed through passport control.

Is a specific address absolutely necessary on the landing card?

I usually don't know the apartment address until I meet Pavel at the airport so I  used my fiance's address in Simferopol the last time.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 05:25:25 PM »
Clyde's son, it is better to have a name and address. Almost any name and valid address will work. I have noticed over the last 18 months they started asking for this, not so prior to that.

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:59:57 AM »
What is a 'landing card'?

Offline Albert

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 08:38:02 AM »
Yes, I would advise having name, address and phone number that you can put on the card.  I have been asked for this info virtually every time.  I assume it would be a big delay for anyone who is asked and cannot produce same.  As Jack said, almost any name and address will do.  They don't seem to ever follow up on it.

Just put down Pavel's home address, phone number, etc.

This card is actually a piece of paper that looks like magazine paper and print.  Very flimsy with advertising on part of it . . . to help defray the cost no doubt.  Fill out the two sections.  They tear off one section when you arrive and take the other section when you depart.

It may be called 'immigration card' but can't remember the name exactly even though I have several of them lying around somewhere.  Pick up a bunch of them and a bunch of customs forms to take with you from the airport.  Then you will have them on hand the next time around to fill out when not quite so hassled as you will be at the airport.

Offline NWKid

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
It's an immigration card.  I, and the guy in front of me, had to supply a real address for this card.  Just use Pavel's address on all your paperwork.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 03:39:42 AM »
Immigration cards are available at the Arrivals Hall of the Kiev airport terminal in front Immigration counters. You should fill out this card in black or blue ink. Do not forget to sign it. Present this card with your passport to the Ukrainian Immigration officer when going through passport control. NOTE: Keep your immigration card during your entire stay in Ukraine, as you will be asked to present the second part upon your departure! The card is overloaded with various ads and might look like not important paper but it is not so. 

You will also be asked to purchase an Obligatory Medical Insurance, cost of which is about USD 0.5 per day of stay in the country. Ukrmedstrakh - State Health Insurance Company, provides these policies. In case your Insurance Company has an agreement for cooperation with Ukrmedstrakh, you will not have to purchase the insurance on the border.

Custom :

- if you have LESS amount than $1000.00 cash you may just go through customs by the Green Line. No declaration filling

- if you want to bring MORE than $1000.00 cash I strongly recommend you to declare cash when you go through the customs. Use Red Line at this case! It may help you a lot when you will be leaving Ukraine! The point is you are allowed to take only $1000.00 OUT of the country. However if you have a customs declaration confirming that you have brought a bigger amount to Ukraine then you can take out ANY amount that is less than what you have brought here.

- Use VIP service at the airport. If you still would like to have special very flexible treatment at the customs it would be reasonable for you to order VIP service. It costs $48.00 and all formalities would take 15-20 min (if you arrive WITH the entering visa in your passport). Plus another 10 min for getting a visa at the airport if you don't have one yet.

A very good link below for all paper work : immigration card ( every alien coming in Ukraine ), immigration form for return ( for return to US, not for US citizen ), custom declaration ( for return to US for everybody ):

http://www.aerosvit.ua/eng/info/447

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 04:52:10 AM »
Bruno, what is this obligatory insurance you speak of?

I always purchase travel insurance in advance, not at the airport. It includes medical and evacuation.

It is something that is known and I get the insurance as soon as I purchase my plane tickets and apply for my visa.

Are you saying we can get all these things right at the airport? 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 04:55:00 AM by Son of Clyde »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 06:39:07 AM »
Clyde,

These obligatory insurance is a travel insurance... Ukraine will not pay in case you are ill and if you need evacuation...

But let me explain the post of this information... today, i have go to the airport for buy my flight ticket to Ukraine and after this, i have go to the Ukrainian Ambassy for ask a visa...

And i have take with me all document was needed in reference of the site of ambassy... a prove of pay for the fee, two photo, passport, plane ticket, and prove of a travel insurance ( i use eurocross, a world assistance system ), the visa form filled ( previously download from internet )....

Now, in the office of ambassy, i was really surprised... First they explain that i have pay too much.... the fee for the visa is now 40 euro and no more 50 euro... when i have wish show my flight ticket, they say that it is not more needed for personal visa... when i show my travel insurance, she explain me about these new system with Ukrmedstrakh ( they cover the expense for doctor, hospital, medicament but not the evacuation )... but they have try to convince me to use it next time because it is very cheap... and now, the VIP system... for when you wish make nothing... someone at the airport help you with paper for only 48$... and for when you have no visa, you can ask it at airport ( 130$ ) in 10 minutes with these VIP system...

When i have ask why the information on the site of Ambassy are not the same, they have reply : "we are not responsible for the update and content of the site"...

In short, i have give only the visa form, two photo and my international passport... because i have pay to much, they go use these 10 euro for send me the visa with passport tomorrow by express post... and i have only stay in the office of Ambassy 15 minutes...

Before, i need wait 6 days for a visa... now, you submit the morning and receive it after dinner....

A lot of thing change with Ukraine now, they wish a lot of tourisme and make our life more easy... ADVICE : don't trust the internet site... when you wish a visa, phone directly to the ambassy for ask the rule of day.... everything is changing to much fast...

Maybe tomorrow, you can go to Ukraine like you go to a country with EU, only with passport...

Now, my trip to Ukraine in May is ready ( 02 May to 22 May ) ... in one half day... i like Ukraine !!!

Offline ielocal

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 10:30:28 AM »
Son of Clyde,

As for the address, on my first trip I rented a flat from Pavel and didn't have the address yet. What I did was use one of the addresses I had off the internet. They didn't seem to check too close. Now, I always ask the address and phone # when I rent the flat. This way I have it for the immigration card and in the slim case Pavel has some emergency and isn't at the airport.

The medical insurance is something that has been required for some time now but like you mention I have not been asked about it yet. I also purchased the travel insurance for my upcomming trip. You can look at your personal insurance policy and see if it has international medical coverage or not.

Bruno,

I read a recent article that said Ukraine is quickly attempting to rework their visa procedures for E.U. citizens in prepration for the upcomming Eurovision event. I am not sure if those changes have been made yet but this may be one reason for the recent changes you mention.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 10:37:32 AM »
Hello ielocal, let me be the first to welcome you to the RWD. 

A client I have from England is also planning on visiting Ukraine in May and is holding off on buying a visa because he has been told that their will be a time period, not sure how long or even when, where he will be able to visit Ukraine without having a visa in hopes of drawing more people to Eurovision.

I hope Ukraine officials don't ever notice how many guys have Pavel's and Rostick's address ;)

Offline Bruno

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 11:16:01 AM »
The visa will be always needed... same for the eurovision... the only difference is that you pay it at airport and it is only for short stay... maximum 2 week... they test these system for eurovision but they wish keep it after... and not only for EU, but for some other country too... tourism can become a great ressource of money for ukraine... actually, these system is planned to be used in odessa and kiev airport...

From Galina :

13/03 : And still, what for you have hastened to open the visa to Ukraine!? Our president promised to make for all foreigners visa-free entrance to our country this month. It is connected with competition "Euro-vision" which will pass in it to year in our country in Kiev in May. So, that you could keep within at this time and save money for the visa. Though, I do not know how much it really. I do not think, that it is simple promises, with the Europe jokes are bad also it in interests of our country.

I have ask her more information :

16/03 : Interesting position with the visa, was silly to think, that Ukraine will miss an opportunity to earn money on such show as Euro-vision. I did know details and you pay visa at airport. That has educated in this question. On TV speak, that the prices for hotels will not rise for this time, but it too is doubtful.

Last info about visa :

No invitation letters are necessary for citizens of the US, Canada, Japan, Switzerland, Slovakia, and Turkey, or citizens of the countries of the European Union for obtaining official, business, private, cultural, or sports visas.
For US citizens only: please make sure that your current medical insurance has coverage in Ukraine.
No visas are required for citizens of Romania, Hungary, Poland, Mongolia, Serbia, Lithuania and Montenegro, and the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States (except Turkmenistan).

Why only US citizens need a medical insurance is a great mystere for me :cool:

Now about Ruslana, you can visit her site at http://www.ruslana.com.ua/ and maybe make some post on her forum... and below a sample of the wild ukrainian woman :P:P:P;)

Offline ielocal

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 04:44:10 PM »
Jack,

Thanks for the welcome. It is definately different traveling from England but to travel that far without a visa in hand would definately make me nervious. Especially if there may be a woman on the other end waiting.

Bruno,

The information your friend mentioned about the rates not going up during Eurovision week probable will not prove to be true. I was planning my next trip about that same time (that is how I even learned of it) and I saw some flat rentals that were already advertising a higher rates at that time. Capatism at it finest... charge more when there are special events.:D

I was also in Kiev in February and Ruslana videos were all over the t.v. In her video's she also shows as a great example of the fine Ukranian women.;)

Offline Bruno

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 10:18:11 PM »
Yep ie ... she think so too... some interesting link :

Ukrainian Government promise to keep prices down during Eurovision-2005 http://eurovision2005.info/news.php?lang=en&id=191

Viktor Yuschenko: Ukraine is ready to simplify visa regulations considerably http://eurovision2005.info/news.php?lang=en&id=173

Ukraine Youth Hostel Association initiated a public campaign to cancel entry visas to Ukraine http://eurovision2005.info/news.php?lang=en&id=172

O. Rybachuk: "Ukraine will cancel visas for Europeans" http://eurovision2005.info/news.php?lang=en&id=167

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 10:59:18 PM »
Ruslana jpeg
That is one of my exact fantasies.
And it is obviously the reason Americans are required to have insurance in Ukraine.
I would chase after her in the forest and then she would suddenly turn
around and face me, just like that photo. And then the deep
leaves would provide a cushion. The aroma of pine needles.
..........I'm sorry, -what was I saying?     Doug
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:00:00 PM by Photo Guy »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541007
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1890
Total: 1902

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM