It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Brief Introduction  (Read 15712 times)

Offline Intrepid Traveler

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Brief Introduction
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 07:38:25 PM »
:welcome: IT

I suggest preparation is the best thing you can do for the moment. Travel is still going to be difficult and probably unwise for the next few months till enough of the vaccine gets around. Until then try learning the language through self learning methods, check out the thread Camera Guy has started for suggestions on resources for that. Like yourself I'm not great at picking up on learning a language so breaking the back off it by learning a little bit before you go will help you to avoid struggling in class while there. It should also make travelling easier and feeling more comfortable there as although a fair number around St. Pete' s will be able to speak English not all will and some things will be easier knowing a little basic Russian.

If you can get into teaching English over there then you will have a source of income as well. Otherwise you'll need a fair amount of savings and/or an independent source of income. For most Russian women a guy who can provide is off importance so that can be a bigger pull than knowing the language as it's the way society is geared up that way over there these days. I think that you have read up on Russian history is good as it gives you a good context about the country and no doubt gave even more interest in it. Keep us in touch with your progress :)

Getting to know some Russian before beginning my language training in Russia would definitely be helpful. I saw the Camera Guy's thread earlier and looked at some options.

While teaching would provide an income, language teachers are not paid well. I plan on living on my savings for a year. In perusing some of the posts in this forum, I noticed that some guys have paid over $100K in their search. That is serious money, at least to me. That said, I expect when I factor in my costs for living abroad for a year and other costs, it'll likely come around that amount.

I believe women everywhere want to ensure that their man can provide for himself. And if she is emigrating from her country to ours, she is going to expect that he can provide for both, at least until she can contribute.

Thank you for your comments.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 07:40:26 PM »
In St Pete it may not be as big of an issue but the bigger question is where you are when you need healthcare, will they accept the insurance? I've always had insurance when traveling abroad but I also quietly questioned that if something happened to me health wise would they actually pay.

I had to file on some travel insurance once. I called them at the time of the incident, they told me to pay and I would get reimbursed. Needless to say it didn't quite work out that way

That's worrisome that we cannot count on insurance companies to honor their agreement. When the time comes, I will definitely be asking more questions.

Thank you.

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 11:49:56 PM »
If you're not enrolled in a course starting in September then I call "bullshit". You've got six months to turn a dream into reality. That's enough time if you get cracking now (and have the funds).

I'd recommend you sign up for a multi-year university course, even if you don't plan to finish it. It will provide a pathway for TRP/residency if you wish to pursue it. I'm not sure you can work on a study visa, you'll have to DYOR.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 01:13:12 AM »
In St Pete it may not be as big of an issue but the bigger question is where you are when you need healthcare, will they accept the insurance? I've always had insurance when traveling abroad but I also quietly questioned that if something happened to me health wise would they actually pay.

I had to file on some travel insurance once. I called them at the time of the incident, they told me to pay and I would get reimbursed. Needless to say it didn't quite work out that way
I can say from experience that they do. However they may request you to go to a specific doctor or hospital that they are allied with. In St Petersburg you can be sure there is such a place.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 12:55:03 PM »
Financially stable men are in demand, remember that and tell yourself that often when dabbling with women considerably younger than yourself.

If russian language helps with your income , then great , if not , forget it and work on your income . At your age women expect you to be financially strong already.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
Health Insurance Companies pay off two ways:

1) They reimburse you for medical expenses you have paid.
2) They make direct payments to health care providers.

In USA, health care providers often will agree to method 2 for well known insurers, with you paying the remaining 20% (or whatever) to them.

Outside of USA (and maybe Canada) the health care providers 99% of the time are  going to want 100% of the money from you.  Then you can try to get reimbursement from insurance.

There is virtually no such thing as them 'accepting' your insurance policy.  They will 'accept' your money and perhaps a well known credit card or debit card.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:30:25 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 05:53:18 PM »
If you're not enrolled in a course starting in September then I call "bullshit". You've got six months to turn a dream into reality. That's enough time if you get cracking now (and have the funds).

I'd recommend you sign up for a multi-year university course, even if you don't plan to finish it. It will provide a pathway for TRP/residency if you wish to pursue it. I'm not sure you can work on a study visa, you'll have to DYOR.

You can call it whatever you want. You can even use more creative words than bullshit, if you want. The reality is that I am marching to my drumbeat, not yours or anyone else's.

As I stated, until I make a meaningful commitment, it's a dream. If and when that situation changes, it becomes a plan.

I can guarantee you this much though: I won't be there by September. I suffered a major financial hit with COVID-19. So it ain't happening as quickly as I would like. But that's life.

And I am sure not planning to sign up for a "multi-year university course" in Russia. Even diplomats posted to Russia don't sign up for a "multi-year university course."

My goal is not to become fluent in Russian. Instead, it is to be to converse at a reasonable level. As I stated in prior comments, I have the luxury of not having to attain a certain level of proficiency by a certain date.

This trip will be an adventure for me, not a means to an end where I have another degree.

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 06:12:52 PM »
Financially stable men are in demand, remember that and tell yourself that often when dabbling with women considerably younger than yourself.

If russian language helps with your income , then great , if not , forget it and work on your income . At your age women expect you to be financially strong already.

Financially (and mentally) stable people who have integrity and are smart are always demand.

And the Russian language definitely won't help with my income. Instead, it will be an expense. But it is part of the reason why I want to go. It's going to be a fun challenge to learn something new and difficult.

Regarding financial stability, I am confident that there have been scores of successful men that have gone to FSU and found their partner with far less funds than I have. These men are still happily married today. And others, like myself, want to ensure that we have sufficient funds set aside to weather future storms. So we're more cautious. It all depends on your future desired lifestyle.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 09:57:02 PM »
You can call it whatever you want. You can even use more creative words than bullshit, if you want. The reality is that I am marching to my drumbeat, not yours or anyone else's.

As I stated, until I make a meaningful commitment, it's a dream. If and when that situation changes, it becomes a plan.

I can guarantee you this much though: I won't be there by September. I suffered a major financial hit with COVID-19. So it ain't happening as quickly as I would like. But that's life.

And I am sure not planning to sign up for a "multi-year university course" in Russia. Even diplomats posted to Russia don't sign up for a "multi-year university course."

My goal is not to become fluent in Russian. Instead, it is to be to converse at a reasonable level. As I stated in prior comments, I have the luxury of not having to attain a certain level of proficiency by a certain date.

This trip will be an adventure for me, not a means to an end where I have another degree.

Why don't you take a trip to Russia for a week or two and get a feel for the land before actually going there for your extended period? That could be done later this year.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »
Getting to know some Russian before beginning my language training in Russia would definitely be helpful. I saw the Camera Guy's thread earlier and looked at some options.

While teaching would provide an income, language teachers are not paid well. I plan on living on my savings for a year. In perusing some of the posts in this forum, I noticed that some guys have paid over $100K in their search. That is serious money, at least to me. That said, I expect when I factor in my costs for living abroad for a year and other costs, it'll likely come around that amount.

I believe women everywhere want to ensure that their man can provide for himself. And if she is emigrating from her country to ours, she is going to expect that he can provide for both, at least until she can contribute.

That's probably serious money to most people lol.

I think that most likely relates to guys that go back and forth to the FSU (Former Soviet Union) over a number of years most likely from the US. So it's costs of flights, accommodation, etc, some like to spend big and throw money at it using various methods. Some will pay agencies thousands of dollars/pounds to put them up in accommodation and bring women straight to them that are on their books. Some will spend thousands on tours where they can meet many women in a room, and scammers. Some will spend out lots of money on the girls they meet hoping it will persuade them.

I personally try to do it as frugally as possible :D Budget airlines can get you there cheaper, looking around for good but cheap hotels & apartments can save a fair amount of money.

I think it might be worth your while also considering Ukraine, it tends to be cheaper than the big Russian cities of Moscow & St. Pete's and most western nations get visa free stays, in the case of the UK 3 months free visa stays in every 6 months roughly I think it is. Check with your Country for the exact info though of course. Kiev as you no doubt know was an important Russian city and most of the population still speak Russian today in Ukraine. Accommodation can be had real cheap. In anywhere in the FSU make sure you are not paying way over the odds for accommodation because you are a foreigner. You'll pay some more of course but some will try to rip you off if they think you are not aware of what a local would pay.

Teaching English can be a good way to meet FSW and subsidise your living costs so money doesn't flow out too quickly. You don't have to do it all the time just a bit here and there. I would do it myself but my English is not all that great myself and for me I think it would be too much bother to me especially as I probably wouldn't make a great English teacher.

I personally think it is great you are willing to take the time to build up to this venture. Some people jump straight in but I think spending time preparing in different ways can be time well spent. Being over there a long time instead of quick fly in visits is a much better way around it if finances allow.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 12:12:43 PM »

Why don't you take a trip to Russia for a week or two and get a feel for the land before actually going there for your extended period? That could be done later this year.

That might happen. In my earlier posts, I mentioned a doctor living in Moscow. She would like me to visit, and it would be great to see her in person. And a week or two would be a great introduction to the country with no pressure of having to accomplish anything or attempt to find that special someone. So we will see.

After this COVID-19 pandemic, we could all use a vacation.

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 01:16:03 PM »
That's probably serious money to most people lol.

I think that most likely relates to guys that go back and forth to the FSU (Former Soviet Union) over a number of years most likely from the US. So it's costs of flights, accommodation, etc, some like to spend big and throw money at it using various methods. Some will pay agencies thousands of dollars/pounds to put them up in accommodation and bring women straight to them that are on their books. Some will spend thousands on tours where they can meet many women in a room, and scammers. Some will spend out lots of money on the girls they meet hoping it will persuade them.

I personally try to do it as frugally as possible :D Budget airlines can get you there cheaper, looking around for good but cheap hotels & apartments can save a fair amount of money.

I think it might be worth your while also considering Ukraine, it tends to be cheaper than the big Russian cities of Moscow & St. Pete's and most western nations get visa free stays, in the case of the UK 3 months free visa stays in every 6 months roughly I think it is. Check with your Country for the exact info though of course. Kiev as you no doubt know was an important Russian city and most of the population still speak Russian today in Ukraine. Accommodation can be had real cheap. In anywhere in the FSU make sure you are not paying way over the odds for accommodation because you are a foreigner. You'll pay some more of course but some will try to rip you off if they think you are not aware of what a local would pay.

japtats stated, "Financially stable men are in demand, remember that and tell yourself that often when dabbling with women considerably younger than yourself."

So I thought I would mention the $100K value that I have seen floating around here on the forum.

Let's dig into "financially stable" a bit deeper.

The median value for family income in the US in 2019 was about $59K. The median value means that half will earn more and half will earn less. Now, if we consider average or mean income, the value shoots up considerably to about $106K. Again, this is for families. A lot of families—almost 30 percent—consist of just one person.

Now, let's look at net worth. The median value in 2019 was about $122K. The average or mean is much higher at $747K.

In both income and net worth, a few high-value outliers will help bring up the average. But there are a lot of wealthy people in the US.

For example, to be in the top decile in the US in terms of wealth, a family needs $5.7 million. That's a respectable value. To be in the 75th percentile, a family needs $704K. And to be in the 50th percentile, a family needs $236K.

So when we consider the $100K value mentioned earlier spent searching for your beautiful bride, you should be comfortably in the top of half of society.

I have included several attachments with this post. I hope that they come through. I am still learning how this board functions.

Teaching English can be a good way to meet FSW and subsidise your living costs so money doesn't flow out too quickly. You don't have to do it all the time just a bit here and there. I would do it myself but my English is not all that great myself and for me I think it would be too much bother to me especially as I probably wouldn't make a great English teacher.

Yes, Ukraine is an interesting country with a lot of history. I have read of some people retiring there to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle on not much money. I have not investigated the pros and cons of living in Ukraine or Russia on a permanent basis. I like where I live now because we have a good lifestyle and almost everything works as it should.

I agree that teaching English is a great way to meet FSW. But the pay is not that great, unless, of course, you specialize in some form of English. I could easily teach business English or something like that. But to be honest, I am not sure that I would enjoy teaching on a full-time basis. I enjoy one-on-one interaction with a student. But having a class of people might be more challenging.

Some activities are fun and enjoyable as hobbies or interests. But if forced to do them as an occupation, the fun and enjoyment might disappear. That is how I feel about teaching. Now, I might surprise myself and really enjoy it. But at the moment, it is not my top priority.

I personally think it is great you are willing to take the time to build up to this venture. Some people jump straight in but I think spending time preparing in different ways can be time well spent. Being over there a long time instead of quick fly in visits is a much better way around it if finances allow.

Regarding japstats' comments, I have some sympathy. I suspect that one in ten or one in twenty guys who talks about going to an FSU country actually goes. So some are skeptical of others until they have actually gone to a FSU country. The reality for me is that it does not matter what others think. You can't or shouldn't spend your life worrying about what others think of you. Life is too short for that.

I need to rebuild my assets, and I am enjoying my work right now. I am doing important work that will help others. So I am happy with life. Once the pandemic lifts across the globe, though, I will want to at least have a foreign vacation. As mentioned in a prior post, I may visit my friend in Moscow as a gentle introduction to the country.

While I think preparation is smart and wise, too much analyses can lead to paralysis. Every person has to decide for himself how much preparation he wants or needs. Some will jump in headfirst and do just fine. Others will come back with war stories about how they were taken advantage of.

There is probably no perfect way to approach going to an FSU country in search of someone special. Yet there lots of wrong approaches. I hope to avoid those.

Here's my data sources:
For income and net worth, please see the Federal Reserve. Here's one link:
http://tinyurl.com/m5yf6vyf

For single person families, I used the US Census: http://www.census.gov/library/visualizations/2019/comm/one-person-households.html

Even though I am from north of the border, I tend to rely on US statistics. The statistics for us is likely less attractive. I expect that Americans are wealthier than Canadians.

I hope that there are not too many typos.

I hope my five png and one jpg attachments show up. These are just graphical files. If they do not show in this post, can someone tell me how to make them accessible?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:57:26 PM by Intrepid Traveler »

Offline Shadow

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
Financially stable is different from being a wallet on legs.If you wish to attract someone who has dirty nails from the digging for gold, just spend your money in public. You will not have to wait long to get someone idolizing your $$$$$.But for a sincere woman, financial stability means you can support your family o live in comfort without throwing money at every issue.
It is up to you what you want to have. A trophy that will shine while you spend, or a partner that will care for you until the end.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 01:35:41 PM »
Financially stable is different from being a wallet on legs.If you wish to attract someone who has dirty nails from the digging for gold, just spend your money in public. You will not have to wait long to get someone idolizing your $$$$$.But for a sincere woman, financial stability means you can support your family o live in comfort without throwing money at every issue.
It is up to you what you want to have. A trophy that will shine while you spend, or a partner that will care for you until the end.

I agree with everything you wrote. I am not looking for a trophy wife. For me, that would be draining financially and emotionally. Instead, I will be looking for someone who has a sense of adventure, sense of humor, a kind heart, and a curious mind. She also has to enjoy being physically active.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 02:30:35 PM »
I think you have a good take on the situation IT without having actually had experience in the venture which is very impressive indeed. I'm guessing you picked up a fair amount of experience in life and so know how things are in many aspects of life.

I'm not sure if you mean $100k as total overall wealth built up including assets such as a house or $100k as savings and money to spend in the bank. If it's money in the bank is there any assets in addition to it?

I think a journey to the FSU could be handy beforehand as a holiday as to acclimatise yourself. It will likely make the move easier if you decide to do it. One option may be to visit Minsk in Belarus, many western countries get a 30 day visa free visitation period there now. It would only be a short flight for your Doctor friend to visit you there and you'd avoid having to get a Russian visa.

I think Japs probably thinks you're an all talk kind of guy. I don't think there is anything wrong with a considered approach with out any commitment though after all we aren't all built the same and I think some just want to see how it goes and there's nothing wrong with that. Most members here know I talk a lot on this forum with perhaps less do, but when I know the time is right and have decided In make my move for better or worse (figuratively speaking I mean). I've visited the FSU several times, last time in Kiev in summer 2019 for a few days. Apart from the odd ups and downs its overall often fun to visit there and get away from the scene at home for a bit. So I would definitely go only if to get out of western society for a bit and into a place where the men still have value :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 03:31:04 PM »
I think Japs probably thinks you're an all talk kind of guy.

I mean men in FSUW's eyes (Majority), are men who can provide. Men who make them feel safe, i have a friend where her bf told her he wants to split the hotel bill 50/50 (came out of nowhere, he was waiting to show his colours). SHe flipped, and now is coming down to visit me and my gf for the weekend. I had a woman (young) screaming outside my apartment at her boyfriend 'you promised me', she was mad that she is living with his mother, whilst she is pregnant.

Secret is men promise a lot of things, and cannot deliver. This is what women mean when men don't deliver, a lot of talking. FSUW is the land of talk, women talk about love, men talk about delivering, rarely do either do any of it.

Stop messing with poetry, work on your income, work on the way you look, go to the gym, if you got enough energy, work on your income some more. Don't come to FSU playing fairy tales

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 05:19:56 PM »
I think you have a good take on the situation IT without having actually had experience in the venture which is very impressive indeed. I'm guessing you picked up a fair amount of experience in life and so know how things are in many aspects of life.

“A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” – Muhammad Ali

I hope I haven't wasted all these years and have learned a few things along the way. In fact, I hope we all have.

I'm not sure if you mean $100k as total overall wealth built up including assets such as a house or $100k as savings and money to spend in the bank. If it's money in the bank is there any assets in addition to it?

I am not sure of your question, so I am going to guess at my answer.

I seem to recall reading in the forum that some men have spent about $100K in their search. That includes agencies, trips, accommodation, and whatever fees are associated with bringing their brides back to their country.

To be successful and comfortable in your search, I believe you should have much more than $100K in liquid assets, unless, of course, you're in your late 20s or early 30s when you are still building your net worth.

My own thought process is that I need enough to be comfortable and to leave enough behind so that she's comfortable when I am gone. This is on the assumption that she is five to fifteen years younger than me and may live longer than me.

I think a journey to the FSU could be handy beforehand as a holiday as to acclimatise yourself. It will likely make the move easier if you decide to do it. One option may be to visit Minsk in Belarus, many western countries get a 30 day visa free visitation period there now. It would only be a short flight for your Doctor friend to visit you there and you'd avoid having to get a Russian visa.

As mentioned in a prior post, I am more likely to visit my friend in Moscow. She would kill me if I went to Eastern Europe just to say I've been there without visiting her. And she would be right to do so. But I am sure that there are lots of great places to visit and people to meet.

I think Japs probably thinks you're an all talk kind of guy. I don't think there is anything wrong with a considered approach with out any commitment though after all we aren't all built the same and I think some just want to see how it goes and there's nothing wrong with that. Most members here know I talk a lot on this forum with perhaps less do, but when I know the time is right and have decided In make my move for better or worse (figuratively speaking I mean). I've visited the FSU several times, last time in Kiev in summer 2019 for a few days. Apart from the odd ups and downs its overall often fun to visit there and get away from the scene at home for a bit. So I would definitely go only if to get out of western society for a bit and into a place where the men still have value :)

As mentioned, I don't care what others think. Life is too short.

When people are caustic toward you, ignore it. Most importantly, do not take it personally. Let it pass right through you. Their attitude is a reflection of them, and it says nothing about you.

As a mental exercise, think of people you know who have been caustic or mean toward you. I bet those individuals are more caustic or mean than typical people are. They is just the way they are. That's their identity.

Similarly, think of people who have gone out of their way to help you. I bet those individuals are typically kinder than your average person. They look for opportunities where they can help others. They like to pay it forward. That, too, is their identity.

For the record, I didn't find Japs caustic. He was maybe a little opinionated, but not definitely not caustic. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 05:28:07 PM »

I seem to recall reading in the forum that some men have spent about $100K in their search. That includes agencies, trips, accommodation, and whatever fees are associated with bringing their brides back to their country.

Those guys were either spending like a drunken sailor or they couldn't buy a women in prison with a fist full of pardons. In the two years I dated my wife I made 5 trips. Spared no expense but didn't needlessly blow money either. 30K tops. Some I understand did it for half that and they may have, that's just not my style

Offline Davo

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 06:12:31 PM »
Those guys were either spending like a drunken sailor or they couldn't buy a women in prison with a fist full of pardons. In the two years I dated my wife I made 5 trips. Spared no expense but didn't needlessly blow money either. 30K tops. Some I understand did it for half that and they may have, that's just not my style

I think 30k is on the money during the search and visa costs. One of my close friends did it for a lot less 3 years ago .... I’ve convert his costs to USD and haven’t included engagement and wedding costs.

He met a wonderful woman on a free site and then spent a month in Yekaterinburg on his first trip which cost approximately $3500 US including flights. A few months later he spent another month with her for another $3500 and proposed on that trip. He started the visa process which cost approximately $7000. He flew back for back for another month ($3500) while the visa was approved and then paid $700 for her flights to start their new life together.

Total cost :- $18,200 USD.

Lots of guys who claim to spend huge amounts of money are falling victim to the scam PPL sites.... one guy spent $300,000+ and never met the “woman” he was writing too. There’s a YouTube video interview with him if anyone’s interested in seeing how gullible some men are.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:14:48 PM by Davo »

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 06:30:00 PM »

That's great. I suspect those that spent $100K wasted a fair amount on scam agencies.

You obviously spent wisely to have made five trips and only spent $30K. Six thousand dollars per trip isn't cheap but isn't wasteful either.

Thank you for your comment.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 06:53:30 PM »
I think 30k is on the money during the search and visa costs. One of my close friends did it for a lot less 3 years ago .... I’ve convert his costs to USD and haven’t included engagement and wedding costs.

He met a wonderful woman on a free site and then spent a month in Yekaterinburg on his first trip which cost approximately $3500 US including flights. A few months later he spent another month with her for another $3500 and proposed on that trip. He started the visa process which cost approximately $7000. He flew back for back for another month ($3500) while the visa was approved and then paid $700 for her flights to start their new life together.

Total cost :- $18,200 USD.

Lots of guys who claim to spend huge amounts of money are falling victim to the scam PPL sites.... one guy spent $300,000+ and never met the “woman” he was writing too. There’s a YouTube video interview with him if anyone’s interested in seeing how gullible some men are.

I wonder if the cost for Europeans is less because travel costs, though plane fare is not that much for economy. If you want a better class, then the cost savings may be more.

I can't watch a YouTube video about a guy who spent $300K on his search. Surely, he should have known that he was on a path to ruin. That is too much money to lose because of ignorance. While some people might enjoy the Schadenfreude, I just feel sorry for the dude. I hope he has a sense of humor about his misadventures.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 07:02:02 PM »
That's great. I suspect those that spent $100K wasted a fair amount on scam agencies.

You obviously spent wisely to have made five trips and only spent $30K. Six thousand dollars per trip isn't cheap but isn't wasteful either.

Thank you for your comment.

I'm guessing 5-6K of that was on K-1 visa. I could have been much more frugal than I was but why? I bought gifts, we ate well, went places, sometimes had to pay for lodging. Each trip was 12-15 days. I point this out for your information. It's doable without spending a fortune and still enjoying the ride. Your dream sounds like a good plan in the making. Stick with it

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 08:12:02 PM »
I'm guessing 5-6K of that was on K-1 visa. I could have been much more frugal than I was but why? I bought gifts, we ate well, went places, sometimes had to pay for lodging. Each trip was 12-15 days. I point this out for your information. It's doable without spending a fortune and still enjoying the ride. Your dream sounds like a good plan in the making. Stick with it

I agree. This is an adventure to be enjoyed. So there's no point in being extremely frugal.

Offline Davo

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 08:29:21 PM »
I wonder if the cost for Europeans is less because travel costs, though plane fare is not that much for economy. If you want a better class, then the cost savings may be more.

I can't watch a YouTube video about a guy who spent $300K on his search. Surely, he should have known that he was on a path to ruin. That is too much money to lose because of ignorance. While some people might enjoy the Schadenfreude, I just feel sorry for the dude. I hope he has a sense of humor about his misadventures.

My mates from Australia.... Flights were very affordable before covid $1200-$1500 aud return if you book a few months out, but we pay more than most for a spouse / fiancé visa. A reasonable apartment cost him $500-$600 aud for the month. The trip I took a while back cost me a touch over 4k aud for almost a month and we ate out a lot and did a did a few tourist things. My flights were very cheap @ $1100 aud, but I booked 6 months in advance.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:31:04 PM by Davo »

Offline Davo

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 08:32:46 PM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1884
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM