It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 77937 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2018, 02:08:54 PM »
IF you had a clue - you'd realise that the Italians can't afford to leave the Euro .. the Euro dipped to 1:15 USB and recovering - since wiser heads prevailing

You were clueless to how your fellow countrymen were going to vote in the UK and Brexit surprised you. I don't expect you to know what is going on elsewhere in the world and how people's feelings are changing pertaining to the EU. There are articles about anti EU vote in Italy's last election in other countries media. Just Google if you don't like the one I supplied. After Italy's election, it moved markets. That should tell you something. Even if they don't leave soon, it's still a question of when. Any country can leave. Germany and France should spread the love around more evenly if they want the EU to survive.

http://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/italexit-9-questions-and-answers-to-the-italian-crisis-and-potential-euro-exit-201805291314
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
EU Issues
« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2018, 02:10:11 PM »
BillyB

I have Italian friends - who are fed up with all the old parties and corruption

You know enough Italians to give a statistically relevant opinion on the feelings of Italians towards the EU? I doubt it.

IF you had a clue - you'd realise that the Italians can't afford to leave the Euro .. the Euro dipped to 1:15 USB and recovering - since wiser heads prevailing

The current Italian government doesn't care whether or not they can afford to leave, many elected government officials just want to leave the EU. The Italian government knows that things are only going to get worse with migration from Africa and Italy is one of the first ports of call.

Too many boatloads of migrants landing in Italy demanding asylum and the UK and other EU countries saying the migrants landed in Italy first so the migrants are Italy's problem. Maybe it's just a negotiating tactic to get the UK and other countries to take more migrants and give Italy a few euros for their troubles or maybe the Italians are just fed up with the EU?

Italy knows if they leave the EU they can simply devalue the revived lira. If Greece can survive so can Italy. Of course there's also #Grexit to contend with? Maybe #Frexit? If France left after the UK, that would definitely end the EU. 

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 03:45:04 PM by DaveNY »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2018, 11:30:54 PM »
You know enough Italians to give a statistically relevant opinion on the feelings of Italians towards the EU? I doubt it

I know FAR more about the situation than BillyB...   There are other members who live in Italy and may chose to comment

The current Italian government doesn't care whether or not they can afford to leave, many elected government officials just want to leave the EU. The Italian government knows that things are only going to get worse with migration from Africa and Italy is one of the first ports of call.

The current Italian govt is a coalition - it is made of up of quite a spectrum ...   MY experience of many Italian coalitions is they fragment when the chips are down - when promises made ( or unrealistic ones ) cannot be implemented

Too many boatloads of migrants landing in Italy demanding asylum and the UK and other EU countries saying the migrants landed in Italy first so the migrants are Italy's problem. Maybe it's just a negotiating tactic to get the UK and other countries to take more migrants and give Italy a few euros for their troubles or maybe the Italians are just fed up with the EU?

Why be a BillyB and prove you are out of your depth ?

1/ The UK - whether it remained in the EU ( or not ) was not part of the EU-wide Directive on sharing the load re refugees

2/ Italy, Greece and Spain ( Cyrus to a much less degree) ARE taking an unfair burden ..  This problem is a nightmare and does indeed have the capacity to - at the very least - bring the Schengen agreement to and end

Italy knows if they leave the EU they can simply devalue the revived lira. If Greece can survive so can Italy. Of course there's also #Grexit to contend with? Maybe #Frexit? If France left after the UK, that would definitely end the EU.

You REALLY don't have a clue..

I was in Greece ( an island ) THE night it could have crashed out of the Euro ...I didn't meet ANY Greek who wanted that ...

Italians thinking they can simply 'walk away' forget that - like the UK - they have long term commitments to the EU budget and if they are wise - they should be watching other nations circling the UK to pick up the trade 'we' Are already losing due to uncertainty

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2018, 12:59:44 AM »
Well pro Brexit rally in London the other day failed to get any attendance from any of Labour's front bench cabinet team. It looks like they are moving with the wind meaning it's all over for any real concerted remain support in Parliament :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »
Well pro Brexit rally in London the other day failed to get any attendance from any of Labour's front bench cabinet team. It looks like they are moving with the wind meaning it's all over for any real concerted remain support in Parliament :)

Trench

This is the first of your daft posts of the day, I assume ?

You'll remember Mrs May said she was in favour of remaining (v. quietly ) and grabbed her chance to be leader ?

The Labour opposition has been trappist - because they are allowing the Tories to war in public ...  at least one knows where individual Tories stand ...

I don't trust many Politicians as they are more worried about their pensions 

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2018, 08:39:54 AM »
they have long term commitments to the EU budget

If Italy chooses not to meet those commitments, is the EU going to go to war over it?

they should be watching other nations circling the UK to pick up the trade 'we' Are already losing due to uncertainty

Many in the UK felt the huge dues owed to the EU didn't bring desired return. Italians may be feeling the same way. Their GDP used to be 2.4 Trillion dollars years ago and in 2016, it's down to 1.85 trillion dollars. Germany's, France's, UK's GDP all went down too while America and China's went up in the same span of time.

You don't seem to understand immigration issues and questionable value of EU membership is on people's minds. I still predict the UK will be around a lot longer than the EU. The EU may someday come begging the UK to help them survive.

http://tradingeconomics.com/italy/gdp

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2018, 09:14:45 AM »
If Italy chooses not to meet those commitments, is the EU going to go to war over it?

The 'BillyB' of the day - Don't you realise that modern wars are being fought using trade / commerce / access to markets as a weapon ? :deadhorse:

Many in the UK felt the huge dues owed to the EU didn't bring desired return.

Many ( sheeple)  in the UK believed

1/ 'we'd' be 300 Million Pounds / week better off - not that we EVER sent that much to the EU - it was a LIE - period

2/ Were annoyed to find we have to contribute to the EU budget for years - even after leaving ....  It's called 'Rules', BillyB

Italians may be feeling the same way. Their GDP used to be 2.4 Trillion dollars years ago and in 2016, it's down to 1.85 trillion dollars. Germany's, France's, UK's GDP all went down too while America and China's went up in the same span of time.

Dear BillyB, Using pure GDP is a very outmoded and inaccurate stat - the other day I asked you if you had any investments and you ducked the Q ... How is the Dow doing since 'Trampu' initiated the latest trade war ?

I prefer to use GDP - per capita - which shows the USA in 20th, UK 40th and Ireland in 11th place ..China is 106th ....

Quoting the CIA world fact booking rankings

http://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

You don't seem to understand immigration issues and questionable value of EU membership is on people's minds. I still predict the UK will be around a lot longer than the EU. The EU may someday come begging the UK to help them survive.

How many nations have you visited in the past year BillyB ? .. I'm on 16 since Nov 2017 ...   Believe me - I know FAR more about immigration rules  / employing staff from other nations than you forgot

The UK is just as likely to have member states leave and re-JOIN the EU - bearing in mind 50% of member states don't want to leave in the first place

Do try to answer the question about investments, BillyB ...or are you waiting for a day - when they go up ?))

Offline DaveNY

EU Issues
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
I know FAR more about the situation than BillyB...   There are other members who live in Italy and may chose to comment

Sandro and a couple of others? So now the count is up to 3? I'm surprised the NY Times haven't called asking for your opinion on Italy leaving the EU.

The current Italian govt is a coalition - it is made of up of quite a spectrum ...   MY experience of many Italian coalitions is they fragment when the chips are down - when promises made ( or unrealistic ones ) cannot be implemented

Political coalitions are a fact of life in Italy. It's been that way for decades.

Why be a BillyB and prove you are out of your depth ?

No more than you and I have an Italian passport.

1/ The UK - whether it remained in the EU ( or not ) was not part of the EU-wide Directive on sharing the load re refugees

2/Italy, Greece and Spain ( Cyrus to a much less degree) ARE taking an unfair burden ..  This problem is a nightmare and does indeed have the capacity to - at the very least - bring the Schengen agreement to and end

As you say Italy, Greece and Spain ( Cyrus to a much less degree) ARE taking an unfair burden that means others including the UK have to take in more refugees.

You REALLY don't have a clue..

You keep saying that to everyone that disagrees with you. You allude to information that few except you have access to yet you never reveal this information.

I was in Greece ( an island ) THE night it could have crashed out of the Euro ...I didn't meet ANY Greek who wanted that ...
I saw crowds of Greeks on TV who wanted out of the euro. Where were you?

Italians thinking they can simply 'walk away' forget that - like the UK - they have long term commitments to the EU budget and if they are wise - they should be watching other nations circling the UK to pick up the trade 'we' Are already losing due to uncertainty

If the EU disbands there go the commitments.

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2018, 09:45:17 AM »
Don't you realise that modern wars are being fought using trade / commerce / access to markets as a weapon ? :deadhorse:

So you think the EU is bitter and will try to make the UK suffer economically because you left them? If so, why are you recommending your fellow citizens to run back into their arms? Kind of like recommending a victim of domestic violence to run back into her ex husbands arms because she'll live a better life with him than partnering up with a different man.

How is the Dow America doing since 'Trampu' initiated the latest trade war ?

America is doing very well economically. The Dow doesn't represent America. Trump is going to apply 20% tariffs on European cars soon. It will encourage European auto makers to build their factories in America increasing jobs for Americans. Europe will retaliate of course to get American car manufactures to build cars in Europe. How many American cars were you buying compared to Americans buying European? America will win the auto war. Stocks dropped on American and European car manufactures based on talk about car tariffs. Stupid people will sell their stocks. Smart people will buy them when they're low. People will continue to buy cars. Stocks will go back up. Where they're going to be made is going to change.

Dear BillyB, Using pure GDP is a very outmoded and inaccurate stat - the other day I asked you if you had any investments and you ducked the Q

Play with the chart in the link below. When America had it's recession in 2008, our GDP took a small dip. Europe and the rest of the world took a dive. From 2014-2016 Europe took even a BIGGER dive while America's GDP went up. How do you not feel a 15% drop in GDP? Are you that clueless? Lots of Europeans felt it and are questioning the value of the EU and it's leaders. You still think the EU is the best thing to come out since sliced bread.

Link doesn't go straight to the chart depending on your browser. Click on Economic Policy and Debt and then choose GDP production(current). Then check Europe and North America to compare. All data supplied by World Bank

GDP Chart

How many nations have you visited in the past year BillyB ? .. I'm on 16 since Nov 2017 ...   Believe me - I know FAR more about immigration rules  / employing staff from other nations than you forgot

I've been to Canada recently for a day which makes me an expert on all things Canadian. If you have any questions about the Canadian way of life, just ask me. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:38:07 AM by BillyB »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2018, 12:03:41 PM »
So you think the EU is bitter

When it comes to trade wars started by others  - bitter is a taste many workers will taste

..will try to make the UK suffer economically because you left them?

Another BillyB ... the EU has made it clear that the UK would be welcome to rejoin ....  do you always read so selectively ..

IF the UK leaves without an agreement in  place we'll' be on the default WTO tariff rate ... try to read up before posting daft

If so, why are you recommending your fellow citizens to run back into their arms? Kind of like recommending a victim of domestic violence to run back into her ex husbands arms because she'll live a better life with him than partnering up with a different man.

Your analogies suck, too ..  Moist young people voted to remain ... I expect they will get us back in

America is doing very well economically.

so are most capitalist economies emerging from the 2007 debacle .. in spite of their leaders ..

The Dow doesn't represent America.

It represents confidence .... I note that the 30 LARGE US firms it measures prices have FALLEN since 'Trampu' kicked off the Trade War

Your truly are blind or dense - try answering the question, BillyB ... How is the index doing..is is SO hard to say .. "Oh crap , Moby ... you were right, AGAIN ..."    Not that is takes Einstein ..

Trump is going to apply 20% tariffs on European cars soon.

and THAT will be responded to with tariffs that hurt other key US industries in 'Trampu' voting territory ...  pain v pain - no gain ..

Play with the chart in the link below. When America had it's recession in 2008, our GDP took a small dip. Europe and the rest of the world took a dive. From 2014-2016 Europe took even a BIGGER dive while America's GDP went up. How do you not feel a 15% drop in GDP? Are you that clueless? Lots of Europeans felt it and are questioning the value of the EU and it's leaders. You still think the EU is the best thing to come out since sliced bread.

BiilyB - honestly I DO NOT KNOW - how to interpret data..  let's play ..

THIS is the UK GDP figures ...

http://www.statista.com/statistics/281744/gdp-of-the-united-kingdom-uk-since-2000/

http://www.statista.com/statistics/188105/annual-gdp-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Check out 2009..

I've been to Canada recently for a day which makes me an expert on all things Canadian. If you have any questions about the Canadian way of life, just ask me. :rolleyes:

I expect you were on a holiday  - rather than investigating were to open offices / employ folks  -  you can't even do 'smart'

:rolleyes:

I KEEP asking about your investments - as I've been sat on my arse watching screens that mean my preaching on 'Trampu's' stupidity and putting my money were my mouth is ..well it's paying off ...

You carry on with your 'patriotic bollox' - you can visit the soup kitchens and offer sympathy and remind those that lost their jobs how much you supported them and it is all the fault of those  nasty Japs, Canadians, Europeans, Chinese .......  ANYTHING other than waking up and realising history is repeating itself

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »

BiilyB - honestly I DO NOT KNOW - how to interpret data..  let's play ..

THIS is the UK GDP figures ...

http://www.statista.com/statistics/281744/gdp-of-the-united-kingdom-uk-since-2000/

http://www.statista.com/statistics/188105/annual-gdp-of-the-united-states-since-1990/

Your websites won't give a source name. It's unreliable data as far as I'm concerned. Website below says source is coming from the World Bank. UK's GDP went down big time from 2014 to 2016. Some of your fellow citizens lost faith in the EU. You and your leaders failure to realize the problems and address the concerns of the opposing parties and citizens has led to Brexit. You think fellow citizens concerns were not valid and believe the vote was going to go your way. You and your party risked it and now lost it all. How many more years of whining do we have to listen to?

http://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp

Most young people voted to remain ... I expect they will get us back in

No, those young people won't get you back in because they'll get old. Most young people in America are liberal and vote Democrat. As they get older they get wiser and they vote differently. Your youngsters will change their minds eventually to something you aren't going to like since you haven't grown up. If they don't wise up, God help the UK.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
BillyB is right Mobers, when I was young back in the 90s I supported the EU. However along the way the EU changed the positive stuff it brought began to be outweighed by the negative. The EU started making more & more bad decisions. It became more & more ego driven and less practically focused.

Myself I spent more time in the world outside the cosy late teen early twenties student uni scene and came up against more of the realities of life inside the EU just as they started making some of the worst mistakes they have made, namely allowing former eastern bloc population to flood into the UK jobs & housing market. Now apparently Poland is allowed to solve the problem they git with a lack of worker by allowing in loads of Ukrainians to work illegally to which the EU turn a blind eye. So the EU allow unmanaged illegal chaos to alleviate the problems that it has caused.

Like BillyB correctly says though, those young people & students that aren't exposed to the realitis of life will become so and their attitudes will soon change. People generally vote towards which side of the bread is buttered best for them. A student may well be more concerned about Erasumus programme, hob nobbing it abroad and getting all chummy with foreign peers, spending a bit of time out there doing this, that or the other usually non serious activity.

Come post uni and post travelling and time they want to settle down & get a good job & house many will see that they are marginaliased in favour of their Polish counterparts. Largely because their Polish counterparts will work like anything to get the better pay than in Poland which is worth more to them than it is to an English person who does not travel back to a cheaper currency country.

They will change their mind, they'll see that Brexit has helped stop the country being overwhelmed with hordes more east Europeans and they will see the benefits of Brexit. That we are no longer the EU's bitch having to cowtow to everything they tell us and be treated like an unimportant back waterhole are country has the life & wealth sucked out of it by the EU. We will no longer have anyone yelling us what to do and talking down to us like the EU do. We will have our independence to develop as we like to be free and able to breath again without being shackled up as just another EU member of no significance. I personally can't wait now for us to leave :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2018, 08:32:16 PM »
Trench

This is the first of your daft posts of the day, I assume ?

You'll remember Mrs May said she was in favour of remaining (v. quietly ) and grabbed her chance to be leader ?

The Labour opposition has been trappist - because they are allowing the Tories to war in public ...  at least one knows where individual Tories stand ...

I don't trust many Politicians as they are more worried about their pensions

Well without either of the two big main parties supporting Remain it looks like there is little support left for the Remain camp in Parliament  :D

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2018, 11:27:25 PM »
Your websites won't give a source name. It's unreliable data as far as I'm concerned.

The first post of the day I've read from you and a new 'excuse'  :D

I'm sorry if the CIA didn't agree with your 'data'..... 

Website below says source is coming from the World Bank.
http://tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/gdp

I'm sorry, BillyB - "I don't trust your source" ;)

Here the UK's very own Office for National Stats info :

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/timeseries/abmi/pgdp

Do us a fav and find that 'dip' of yours ....

No, those young people won't get you back in because they'll get old. Most young people in America are liberal and vote Democrat. As they get older they get wiser and they vote differently. Your youngsters will change their minds eventually to something you aren't going to like since you haven't grown up. If they don't wise up, God help the UK.

Actually, BillyB - As I've got older - and traveled - seen the perspective of my nations ( UK / IRL) abroad I've got much wiser ...  Older voters in the UK tended to vote 'leave' on the basis of 'less immigration' and 'believing the National Health Service would be better funded'...  and that Britain would be 'greater'

The young saw that stopping EU citizens having freedom of movement was short sighted and confining for their career paths..  Reading what my kids post - you don't get their anger ...  at what has been done in 'their name' by elder people who will be relying on them to clear up the mess they created ... 2 years on the divide here is bitter and they'll be around longer to put it right
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:53:50 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2018, 11:30:31 PM »
Well without either of the two big main parties supporting Remain it looks like there is little support left for the Remain camp in Parliament  :D

Trench,

I know thinking is your weak point - based on how you analyse ladies - esp after being around 'em this long ... but you STILL don't get it ...

Labour are sitting back and letting the Tories tear themselves apart .... and what matters is what is agreed with the EU...

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
BillyB is right Mobers, when I was young back in the 90s I supported the EU. However along the way the EU changed the positive stuff it brought began to be outweighed by the negative. The EU started making more & more bad decisions. It became more & more ego driven and less practically focused.

You aren't categorised as young - that's 18-30...  REmind us how they voted ... ? REMAIN

Like BillyB correctly says though, those young people & students that aren't exposed to the realitis of life will become so and their attitudes will soon change. People generally vote towards which side of the bread is buttered best for them. A student may well be more concerned about Erasumus programme, hob nobbing it abroad and getting all chummy with foreign peers, spending a bit of time out there doing this, that or the other usually non serious activity.

Trench, one of my daughters finished Uni some time ago and the other - bless - is working AND studying - hard - as her attitude improved - as to what is needed to get on ...

They both speak a second language and travel widely - they understand that money doesn't grow on trees

Whilst I realise we are using examples of how we were or my daughters - you ignore that fact that REMAIN is still widely supported by younger, brighter people and they are v.angry with older people ..

You'd better pray you are right - as I can see Trench still working when 70 - as UK PLC will shove up the pensions age as we won't be able to live as well - thanks to - leaving the EU ..

The young will be undoing the stupidity / naivety of folks like you

They will change their mind, they'll see that Brexit has helped stop the country being overwhelmed with hordes more east Europeans and they will see the benefits of Brexit.

The Hordes - like Poles who are leaving ?- being replaced with Romanians and Bulgarians who are grateful for the work ... (  ...already shortages of labour in rural areas ?  Lazy Brits won't work as hard

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2018, 04:58:47 AM »
The irony is YOU didn't read your own link

"The legislation enables EU law to be transferred into UK law in an attempt to ensure a smooth Brexit."

You're quite the hoot

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2018, 07:33:50 AM »
Here the UK's very own Office for National Stats info :

http://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/timeseries/abmi/pgdp

UK website is using chain volume methods for calculating GDP which leave out inflation and deflation factors. The World Bank uses deflation and inflation factors in calculating nation's GDP. UK's GDP took a big dive from 2014 to 2016. Ignoring the problems within you nation has led you to ignore your fellow citizens when they were screaming for some changes. Do you hear them now?

Read it and weep Mobers :D

We've already endured two years of whining. Please do not ask for more.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2018, 08:12:42 AM »
We've already endured two years of whining. Please do not ask for more.

Quite, there is that I guess, Lol

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #120 on: June 26, 2018, 09:24:55 AM »

You aren't categorised as young - that's 18-30...  REmind us how they voted ... ? REMAIN

Trench, one of my daughters finished Uni some time ago and the other - bless - is working AND studying - hard - as her attitude improved - as to what is needed to get on ...

They both speak a second language and travel widely - they understand that money doesn't grow on trees

Whilst I realise we are using examples of how we were or my daughters - you ignore that fact that REMAIN is still widely supported by younger, brighter people and they are v.angry with older people ..

You'd better pray you are right - as I can see Trench still working when 70 - as UK PLC will shove up the pensions age as we won't be able to live as well - thanks to - leaving the EU ..

The young will be undoing the stupidity / naivety of folks like you

The Hordes - like Poles who are leaving ?- being replaced with Romanians and Bulgarians who are grateful for the work ... (  ...already shortages of labour in rural areas ?  Lazy Brits won't work as hard

Problem is Mobers everyone get the same idea, they nearly all started working and studying hard to get on. Result they all end up in fierce competition with each other for the jobs. The result of course is that the employer gets a big pool of eager young bucks to choose from that will work hard for way under what the worth of their labour is really worth just to get the career jobs. Everyone is playing at the same game and extremely few actually win at it. The US may be a little different as they have to take the risk of the burden of expensive student loans that they have to pay back, even still I have heard many young people in the US have been asking is it worth it since so many flood into the uni's anyway that there is an oversupply of graduates there too, say in Law, etc.

Add a lot of East Europeans willing to work their socks off and heavily compete with the English population you have the perfect storm of mass oversupply of labour in virtually all industry sectors willing to work for peanuts in heavy  competition with each other. So ask yourself is your daughter really going to get on in this environment? or just heavily compete for low paid highly skilled jobs. 

Offline DaveNY

EU Issues
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2018, 10:01:16 AM »
#Swexit? All is not well in one of the most liberal countries in Europe.

From the article:

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - A surge in gang violence has stirred anti-immigration sentiment before an election in Sweden, putting a far-right party on course for big gains in one of Europe's most liberal countries.

Dozens of people have been killed in the past two years in attacks in the capital Stockholm and other big cities by gangs that are mostly from run-down suburbs dominated by immigrants.

In the latest bloodshed, three men were shot dead and three were wounded outside an internet cafe in the city of Malmo on June 18. A fourth man was shot dead days later and another man survived because he was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

With public calls growing for tougher policies on crime and immigration, support has risen for the Sweden Democrats, a party with neo-Nazi roots that wants to freeze immigration and to hold a referendum on Sweden's membership of the European Union.

Their worried mainstream rivals have started moving to the right on crime and immigration to try to counter the Sweden Democrats' threat in the Sept. 9 election. But so far, they are playing into the hands of the far-right.

"Right now they (mainstream parties) are competing over who can set out the most restrictive policies," said Deputy Prime Minister Isabella Lovin, whose Green Party is part of a minority government led by the Social Democratic Party.

"It clearly benefits the Sweden Democrats."

In 2015 after the Swedish government encouraged mass immigration Sweden saw more than 160,000 mostly male African and Middle Eastern immigrants arrive to claim asylum. Sweden is a country of about 10,000,000. IOW if all 160,000+ asylum seekers were granted asylum Sweden would have increased its population by 1.6% in one year with the admission of the asylum seekers.

It's not hard to understand why Sweden put the brakes on accepting massive numbers of asylum seekers. If this policy had continued Sweden's demographics would have been irrevocably changed within 20-30 years.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-06-26/swedens-far-right-eyes-election-gains-as-gang-violence-rises
http://www.migrationsverket.se/download/18.7c00d8e6143101d166d1aab/
1485556214938/Inkomna%20ans%C3%B6kningar%20om%20asyl%202015%20-%20Applications%20for%20asylum%20received%202015.pdf
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:55:11 PM by AnonMod »

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:18 AM »

Some people have said if those growing up in the American ghetto were growing up in their country, they would act differently. I always believed some cultures are more violent than others and it's in the genes more than the environment they grew up in.

Most of the terrorists in Europe grew up or were born in Europe since it was their parents that immigrated. With the latest wave of immigrants, Europe can again test the theory that the environment they provide people will make them civilized.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2018, 12:11:28 PM »
UK website is using chain volume methods for calculating GDP which leave out inflation and deflation factors.

..and where did you get THAT 'info' ...? Silly, BillyB ?

"A chained volume series is a series of economic data (such as GDP, GNP or similar kinds of data) from successive years, put in real (or constant, i.e., inflation- and deflation-adjusted) terms by computing the production volume for each year in the prices of the preceding year, and then 'chain linking' the data together to obtain a time-series of production figures from which the effects of price changes (i.e., monetary inflation or deflation) have, at least in theory, been removed. In other words, from the raw GDP or GNP data, which reflect changes in both production volume and prices, a series is obtained which reflects only production volume."

Do you 'get it' ?  The data is MORE accurate ...

Most EU States, the majority of  western capital countries - USA, Canada, EEA nations like - Norway, Switzerland use the chain-linking method to the GDP constant price calculations.

NO dip, BillyB ...    Did you check the US GDP based on the same methodology ? I suppose that was Obama's fault ;)

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2018, 01:12:42 PM »
..and where did you get THAT 'info' ...? Silly, BillyB ?

You can Google the chain volume method for info to get a good understanding. You should've used those GDP charts with the chain volume method to show your fellow citizens how well the UK was doing being in the EU. The problem with your choice in methods for GDP is that it also shows a continued increase of GDP after the vote for Brexit which means it contradicts your belief the sky is falling in the UK.

You have lots of faith in the EU. Do you think the British Empire could've accomplished much more if the EU were available to join back then?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1970
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM