It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84483 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2020, 10:14:24 AM »
Don't give her any money, if she asks.

Stay healthy!

This post was composed without the aid of google.

She didn't ask but I gave her $50 USD. Everyday the dollar is climbing fast against the GEL Last I checked it went from about a week ago at 2.75 GEL to the USD to today 3.55 GEL to the USD. Tomorrow or next week it could be 4 GEL to the USD. The Russia ruble, OMG!!!!

I know it could be a play for sympathy but Ilona told me her husband took her kids away and took her cell phone. He wants her back. Moby knows about my not-so-nice laptop. Anyway I gave it to her.

I fortunately stocked up on nutritional supplies. The two best things to take for this virus is vitamin C and Zinc. Please lay your hands on these two important products! Best natural form of vitamin C comes from sauerkraut. A cup of cabbage 30 milligrams of vitamin C. A cup of sauerkraut, 700 milligrams of vitamin C and it is excellent for the gut health. Vitamin C the synthetic kind is made from sulfuric acid and corn starch. It does not absorb well and taking too much as in mega-dosing can actually cause a vitamin C diffiency (sp) 

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2020, 10:22:03 AM »

I fortunately stocked up on nutritional supplies. The two best things to take for this virus is vitamin C and Zinc. Please lay your hands on these two important products! Best natural form of vitamin C comes from sauerkraut. A cup of cabbage 30 milligrams of vitamin C. A cup of sauerkraut, 700 milligrams of vitamin C and it is excellent for the gut health. Vitamin C the synthetic kind is made from sulfuric acid and corn starch. It does not absorb well and taking too much as in mega-dosing can actually cause a vitamin C diffiency (sp)

Your generous gifts to someone possibly unworthy of your kindness - according to you - put you at more risk than any perceived health benefits from vitamins (

Isolate ....  this is about your health

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2020, 10:29:18 AM »
I fear people will take all the money out of Maxx. In times of crisis, people will get desperate and exploit others. You're a nice guy Maxx. Keep your distance from people you know you can't trust.

I appreciate your kind words.

I had a very bad experience from my Russian ex-wife from 17 years ago. I seen some shockingly desperate things people will do if they feel their life could become difficult (Green card issues et cetera). But I also know I need a support network here. I do no one good if I go bankrupt. But I will help those who can help me.

I had a upper front tooth fall out. The root is cracked my dentist in Tbilisi told me. So I will need to get an implant. I think that will set me back about $300-$400. Back in 2014 I was quoted $5000 by my American dentist. Tomorrow Alex my Russian friend is taking me to a dentist for an examination

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2020, 10:36:58 AM »
literally, the most virus contaminated thing you can touch right now is currency....

if you have to touch currency, wear gloves deposit it in a plastic bag

some poor bastard is going to do a PHD in economics on "The Velocity of Money During a Pandemic"
I'm sure....

I sure wish I was gonna be alive after the vaccine came out!!!!
it'll be ten times the party hour as the roaring 20s...
almost for sure, if Corona gets a vaccine, then everything else will as well
HIV, Flu....

World War V

V is for Virus

which side will be victorious
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:43:25 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2020, 10:45:42 AM »
literally, the most virus contaminated thing you can touch right now is currency....

if you have to touch currency, wear gloves deposit it in a plastic bag

Thanks Krimster and Moby. I am of the belief in these dramatic times everyone who has had political difference will pull together. It reminds of the Battle of Britain and the V1 and V2 rocket attacks.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2020, 10:56:03 AM »
It is up to 73 cases in Georgia

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/20171/Coronavirus-Cases-Rise-to-73-in-Georgia

But last I heard 10 people have recovered. Three Georgian citizens have died, but they lived in Spain. Zero deaths so far in Georgia.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
those damned V-2s, you didn't hear 'em till AFTER they landed!!!
at least with the V-1, when the "farting" sound stopped, you had a little warning before the boom!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2020, 11:00:44 PM »
Metro-City, usually there are hundreds if not thousands of cars in the parking lot.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2020, 11:06:53 PM »

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/20167/Coronavirus-Cases-Rise-to-70-in-Georgia

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases has reached 70 in Georgia. Of these patients, 9 have already recovered. At the time of writing, there are 4055 people in quarantine while 252 patients are stationary, under medical supervision.The coronavirus cases trebled today. Due to the fear of the spread of the COVID-19, Georgia has declared a state of emergency. Because of the domestic transmission of the illness, quarantine has been declared in the municipalities of Marneuli and Bolnisi.By Nini Dakhundaridze 

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/20196/Number-of-Coronavirus-Cases-Increases-to-75-

Number of Coronavirus Cases Increases to 75

The total number of persons infected with coronavirus has increased to 75 in Georgia. The information has been posted on the special website created by the government, stopcov.ge.
4055 people are in quarantine and 255 are under examination in hospitals.
10 out of 75 people have recovered from COVID-19.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2020, 11:41:23 PM »
Moby knows about my not-so-nice laptop. Anyway I gave it to her [Ilona].

I will be meeting her in an hour and a half. I have the battery charger for the laptop that I gave her. Today the plumber/electricians are going to do some equipment hookups. I am going to ask Ilona to do some straightening of my things up. I've give her 20 GEL ($5.62). She lives across the street. Alex is going to take me to the dentist and see about my tooth. Nice that the President and Congress did the stimulus package. I should be getting about $1200 directed deposited into my bank account. I think when people are allowed to go back to work in the US, Georgia will follow suite.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2020, 12:36:20 AM »
Carl Hartzell: I Can't Think of Better Place to be Right Now than Here in Georgia

I cannot think of a better place to be right now than here in Georgia, EU Ambassador Carl Hartzell said in his video address, congratulating Georgia on its effective COVID-19 response and urging everyone to take care of each other.
„I am reporting from home. It is an unprecedented time for Georgia and for the rest of the World. Due to the coronavirus pandemic the world has turned upside down,” the EU Ambassador said. “In this context, I would like to congratulate the Georgian government and the politicians for acting early and robustly,” he noted.
“I would like to applaud the population of Georgia for supporting these measures and for acting responsibly in order to stop the spread of this virus. I would like to use this opportunity and express my admiration for the medical professionals, for doctors and nurses for law enforcers, border guards and others for working tirelessly in theses days for safety and security of everyone here. This crisis is not only a health crisis but also a tremendous economic challenge. I am proud to be working alongside other international partners under the leadership of the Georgian government to properly assess the needs and set out the way ahead. The European Union stands with Georgia. The EU is Georgia’s largest donor and the strongest partner and we will remain that. In addition, we are looking at special measures to help the economy, business and the most vulnerable groups of the society. This will be a long process, no doubt, but we will be in this together. This is the time to take care of each other. As for me, personally, I cannot think of a better place to be right now than here in Georgia. Take care, stayed committed, “Carl Hartzell said.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline msmob

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2020, 12:48:47 AM »
Good morning, Maxx !

The EU Ambassador is self-isolating ...

YOU are still having guests, be it workers or otherwise ...   I'm not sure you've got the concept of 'staying at home saving lives'  ..

That doesn't mean YOU stay at home and everyone comes to you ;)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2020, 05:43:00 AM »
Good morning, Maxx !

The EU Ambassador is self-isolating ...

YOU are still having guests, be it workers or otherwise ...   I'm not sure you've got the concept of 'staying at home saving lives'  ..

That doesn't mean YOU stay at home and everyone comes to you ;)

Ilona did a good job in straightening and organizing my things. I gave her 20 GEL. My workman Grant was there installing the electrical, plumbing and venting. The hardware stores are "closed", but not really. Call them on the phone and they bring out to you what you ask for. So as they say here "take away" service is still available.

At 3:08 PM I entered the McDonald's drive through. I got my Big Texas burger at 3:18. There were a lot cars ahead of me. People are eager to get back to making and spending money.

Offline Maxx2

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:18 AM »
Hi Moby

Ilona cleaned my place today. She told me she was able to pay the rent for the next month with the help of a friend. And I am helping her with food. She does not ask me for money and is still hanging on to the $50 bill I gave her. From the people I've come in contact with everyone here is especially kind to one another. I think everyone knows it is time put down differences and realize what is important and what is not.

I am going to post this on the coronavirus and business in Georgia threads. 

Take care

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2020, 07:59:03 AM »

I know it could be a play for sympathy but Ilona told me her husband took her kids away and took her cell phone. He wants her back.

This morning I met Ilona. She had gotten her phone back. Her ex-husband gave it to her and then asked her for their childrens' passports. She said she didn't have them in the house. Unfortunately he had wiped her phone before giving it back to her.

I have made some good friends at the gym I go to. Where I do my test marketing of my Tex-Mex food and purchasing some equipment for them, a speed bag for boxing and a 'Texas deadlift bar'. Anyway I got some guys there really willing to help me and anyone I care about. One of these guys is high up the police and military, a Colonel or General. I sent him a FB message and he immediately called me. I had him speak to Ilona. When he gets back April 3rd I am going arrange a meeting. I told Ilona she needs to fix situation with her ex-husband and their children.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2020, 08:38:53 AM »
From the people I've come in contact with everyone here is especially kind to one another. I think everyone knows it is time put down differences and realize what is important and what is not.

That happens at the beginning of a crisis. It's important for everybody, good or bad, to align themselves with somebody good. Surround yourself only with people that will NEVER do you wrong. When a crisis gets real bad, you will see true colors and you won't like what you see.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2020, 09:17:54 AM »
That happens at the beginning of a crisis. It's important for everybody, good or bad, to align themselves with somebody good. Surround yourself only with people that will NEVER do you wrong. When a crisis gets real bad, you will see true colors and you won't like what you see.

Hmm, right now, Maxx should be isolating ..not 'surrounding' himself, surely  ! ?...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2020, 09:28:20 AM »
Hmm, right now, Maxx should be isolating ..not 'surrounding' himself, surely  ! ?...

Isolate yes, but he still needs good people in his life to support him should he get ill and can't go out and get his own food or watch his assets should he have to sit in a hospital for a month.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2020, 09:43:37 AM »
Isolate yes, but he still needs good people in his life to support him should he get ill and can't go out and get his own food or watch his assets should he have to sit in a hospital for a month.

My POINT ( that you seem too dense to grasp ) is meeting them now is more likely to make him ill ... Do you not understand the concept of isolation ?

Maxx has a network of people he can call on,

Offline BillyB

« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2020, 11:09:23 AM »
My POINT ( that you seem too dense to grasp ) is meeting them now is more likely to make him ill ... Do you not understand the concept of isolation ?

Says the guy who travels telling passport control agents their masks are useless while he's standing face to face with them when a virus is running loose  . People can still talk to each other at a distance or on the phone. Maxx doesn't need to search for new friends. He already has some and he needs to reinforce those friendship and get rid of the questionable people in his life. The questionable people are the type that will take Maxx's car and clean out his restaurant while he's in critical condition in the hospital.

Offline msmob

« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2020, 02:39:15 PM »
Says the guy who travels telling passport control agents their masks are useless while he's standing face to face with them when a virus is running loose  . People can still talk to each other at a distance or on the phone. Maxx doesn't need to search for new friends. He already has some and he needs to reinforce those friendship and get rid of the questionable people in his life. The questionable people are the type that will take Maxx's car and clean out his restaurant while he's in critical condition in the hospital.

BillyB, your tactic of deflection doesn't wash any more

1/ Learn to deal with your daft words being busted

2/ Try not to compound your daftness by constantly raising stuff where you have already been busted

Maxx is unwise to be socialising at this point in time   ...friends should be chatting via apps not meeting

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2020, 02:23:58 AM »
Maxx has a network of people he can call on,

Alex has the key to my business. Ilona does not. A few days ago I had her organize my things. I have this projector with a large pull up screen. The screen and some other things now cover the window so people can't look in. I do have some food in there, rice, beans, sugar, wheat flour, mesa corn flour, spices et cetera but they can't be seen. Other than seeing some reckless driving I don't seeing any signs of panic. And some Georgians are natural hotroders anyway, so? I almost got it from a BMW the other day. My gas tank is full. The store shelves are packed here. Nobody I know knows of anyone with coovid19

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2020, 02:24:45 AM »

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/20196/Number-of-Coronavirus-Cases-Increases-to-75-

Number of Coronavirus Cases Increases to 75

The total number of persons infected with coronavirus has increased to 75 in Georgia. The information has been posted on the special website created by the government, stopcov.ge.
4055 people are in quarantine and 255 are under examination in hospitals.
10 out of 75 people have recovered from COVID-19.

The total number of persons infected with coronavirus has increased to 85 in Georgia. The information has been posted on the special website created by the government, stopcov.ge.
4641 people are in quarantine and 239 are under examination in hospitals.
14 out of 85 people have recovered from COVID-19.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2020, 02:32:44 AM »

I had a dream last night I accidentally wandered into a whorehouse. I had thought it was a restaurant but the waitresses were overly friendly. I remember I wasn't eager to leave... 8)

Having more unusual dreams during lockdown? You may not be aloneBy Press Association 2020
Life in lockdown could be causing people to have longer, more memorable and more intense or emotional dreams, an expert has said.
Increased financial pressures, cabin fever, and a lack of stimulation caused by staying at home for days on end could all result in significant changes to the dreams people are having, said Professor Mark Blagrove, a leading expert in sleep and dreaming at Swansea University’s department of psychology.

Professor Blagrove told the PA news agency: “Many people will have experienced a change in their circumstances recently, and any type of stress may be dreamt about.

“Some people will be having a life that is more boring than previously.
There’s going to be a lot of people having quite emotional dreams
Professor Mark Blagrove

“But there will be a lot of people who have more stress, possibly because they are with people who they wouldn’t spend so long with as a proportion of the day.
“It may be discomforting, it may be extremely stressful and dangerous for people in domestic violence situations.
“You then have the extra things like financial worries, employment worries, worries about your children.”
Prof Blagrove said there was a metaphorical “replication of life in dreams” which focuses on the “more emotional side”.
He said: “For a lot of people, they won’t dream about their working life because, generally, it’s not that interesting.
“But if the current situation gives people more interesting things happening, it may happen that people are dreaming more.”
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:38:50 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2226
Total: 2237

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM