It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84437 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2020, 05:58:52 AM »
Second Coronavirus Death Reported in Georgia

The second coronavirus death has been reported in Georgia, Levan Ratiani, the Director of the First University Clinic, told reporters on Sunday.
He added that the deceased was an 81-year-old woman who had serious concomitant diseases along with COVID-19.
“The woman, who was taken from Tbilisi Sea Hospital on April 3 with a life-threatening condition, suffered from hemodynamic disturbances. The study revealed acute respiratory distress, a history of acute myocardial infarction, atrial fibrillation and chronic heart failure. She was transferred to the Department of Critical Medicine for further treatment. Treatment was ongoing in accordance with guidelines, however, she passed away," he noted.
Yesterday, Georgia confirmed the first case of death due to the new coronavirus. The patient was 79-years-old and also had serious concomitant diseases.
The number of coronavirus cases has increased to 170.
5067 people are in quarantine and 330 under examination in hospitals.
36 out of 170 people have recovered from the illness and two patients have died.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2020, 08:25:53 AM »
Hi Maxx,

When we heard talk of young folk dying in China, we thought REALLY .. ?...this is a virus that only hits elderly folk who have other health issues ... After a while  health workers in their 20's and 30's might die and THEN it hits you ...  other folks are dangerous to be near (

Stay safe

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2020, 04:18:35 AM »
Coronavirus Cases Rise to 174 in Georgia

Georgia has reported 4 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the country's total to 174.

At the time of writing, Georgia has 36 recoveries from the virus and 2 fatalities, one patient who died was 79 and the other 81, both reportedly had pre-existing health conditions before being infected with COVID-19.

Currently, 5010 people are quarantined throughout Georgia and 350 stay in in-patient care.

The updates were published on a state website stopcov.ge.

By Nini Dakhundaridze

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2020, 05:38:17 AM »
Hi Maxx,

Stay safe

I don't believe that. You could have put two people together (Sonya and I) but for a ten dollar test dreamed up by a man who has been living off you for the past three years.

Offline msmob

« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2020, 06:05:40 AM »
Oh not this SHYTE, again...  what 'rattled your cage', so ?

Cluebat:  S did not know about M and my test ...   Blaming all and sundry won't alter SHE had already decided not to pursue the 'relationship'... She took your money and didn't want you ... *I* told you not to send it ...

My wishes as to your health were sincere .. 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2020, 06:35:41 AM »
Oh not this SHYTE, again...  what 'rattled your cage', so ?

Cluebat:  S did not know about M and my test ...   Blaming all and sundry won't alter SHE had already decided not to pursue the 'relationship'... She took your money and didn't want you ... *I* told you not to send it ...

My wishes as to your health were sincere ..

No they are not. You are truly an evil man.

Offline msmob

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »
Maxx, again...

You renewed 'contempt' for me doesn't alter my sincere wishes re your health.

I am still somewhat puzzled as to to your latest 'change of heart' as to my status.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
Georgia: 3rd Coronavirus Death Reported, 46 Recover

Another patient died of coronavirus in Georgia.
The 86-year-old patient, whose health condition was critical with serious concomitant diseases along with COVID-19, was treated at the Tbilisi Infectious Diseases Hospital.
This is the third case of coronavirus death in the country.
The total number of coronavirus cases stands at 195.
4708 people are in quarantine and 370 under examination in hospitals.
46 out of 195 people have recovered from the illness and three patients have died.
By Ana Dumbadze

First death an 79 year old. Second death an 81 year old. Third death an 86 year old.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2020, 11:21:24 AM »
Entry to 4 Major Cities Forbidden for 10 Days, State of Emergency to be Extended

Given the increasing number of coronavirus infection in the country, the Georgian government has decided to prohibit all types of movement, entry and exit to four major Georgian cities - Tbilisi, Rustavi, Batumi and Kutaisi, starting tomorrow, April 15.
Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia made the corresponding statement at a briefing today.
"The government has decided to ban citizens from entering or leaving big cities - Tbilisi, Rustavi, Batumi and Kutaisi for 10 days, from at 9 pm tomorrow," the head of the government said.
He said that it happened for the first time that 30 people were infected in a day. 500 people are being examined.
The Prime Minister noted that the country has moved to a stage of full-scale internal transmission.
"Tomorrow, the government will appeal to the President of Georgia to extend the State of Emergency until May 10," the PM added.
"We appeal to the President to address the Parliament in the coming days on the extension of the state of emergency until May 10. These are the necessary steps that must be taken immediately to move to a new stage of slowing down the speed and geographical expansion of the virus," he noted.
Initially, the State of Emergency was declared throughout Georgia until April 21, however, given the current developments, the government has decided to extend the term of the emergency regime.

Offline Maxx2

Can't drive my car for 4 days
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »

People here can still walk to the stores and most do not have or use cars.

Traffic Completely Banned from 17 to 21 April

As a part of the State of Emergency, it will be completely forbidden to drive a car in the country from 12:00 PM of April 17 to 21 April.
Advisor to the Prime Minister Irakli Chikovani made the corresponding statement at a briefing held at the governmental administration this evening.
The restriction will enter into force tomorrow, from 12:00 PM, meaning that citizens throughout the country will be banned from driving cars during the mentioned period.
Restrictions do not apply to the transportation of cargo and distribution vehicles. Shops, pharmacies, food delivery services, and all other permitted facilities will continue to operate as usual.
In addition, starting April 17, visiting cemeteries is also prohibited throughout the country.
Chikovani added that starting tomorrow, wearing medical face masks in closed public spaces will become mandatory.
The PM's spokesperson once again urged the population to adhere to imposed restrictions and stay at home for their own safety.
By Ana Dumbadze

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Can't drive my car for 4 days
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2020, 12:04:08 PM »
As a part of the State of Emergency, it will be completely forbidden to drive a car in the country from 12:00 PM of April 17 to 21 April.
Advisor to the Prime Minister Irakli Chikovani made the corresponding statement at a briefing held at the governmental administration this evening.
The restriction will enter into force tomorrow, from 12:00 PM, meaning that citizens throughout the country will be banned from driving cars during the mentioned period.

Pretty extreme measures taken considering Georgia reports a few hundred infected and only 3 people dead. Sounds like they're underreporting. How full are the hospitals in Georgia right now?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2020, 12:48:32 PM »
 What Maxx may not know is that the opposition are trying to politicise this sensible approach - to  get businesses working ...   There might be protests - which of course could explain stopping moving in or out of 4 cities ?  Who can say ?

Not sure how Maxx would know any more than the news on stopcov.ge..  Says 558 hospitalised

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »

Pretty extreme measures taken considering Georgia reports a few hundred infected and only 3 people dead. Sounds like they're underreporting. How full are the hospitals in Georgia right now?

Billy, what is the sense of banning automobiles while people walk on the streets?

http://georgiatoday.ge/news/20646/COVID-19-in-Georgia%3A-340-Infected%2C76-Recover

3 women with severe heart problems ages 79, 81 and 86 are listed as dying from the coronavirus. Last year 46,659 Georgians died from various causes.

The parking lots here are are deserted. Everyone is in need of employment except certain professions such grocery store employees, pharmacy employees, hospital employees, the police and the politicians. They keep earning money and the curfews and travel restrictions don't apply to them. It only applies to people who were on the edge financially in the first place.

I've got my inner circle. We all try and to help and look out for each other. With my $1297.50 a month pension I'm the one-eyed man in the world of the blind. Tonight I had a Russian lesson. And I've employed people to help me set up my restaurant. That is delayed until at least the 21st. Everyone is glad to get the money. I think after this is over people will be closer.

Offline Maxx2

Why I can't drive my until April 22
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »
It was explained to me that the government did this because it was the Easter weekend and they wanted to discourage people from visiting their families and going to church. Makes sense.

Offline BillyB

Re: Why I can't drive my until April 22
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »
It was explained to me that the government did this because it was the Easter weekend and they wanted to discourage people from visiting their families and going to church. Makes sense.

Our government discouraged us too from attending church, even outlawing it but they educated the American public enough so we understand why and didn't take away our rights to drive. I guess the Georgian government doesn't trust citizens enough to stay home on this important holiday. In America we did have some goofy pastors telling people to attend church having the belief God will protect them from the virus. Those pastors forgot that God gave them a brain and He wants them to use it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

Re: Why I can't drive my ( car out / in of the city ) until April 22
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2020, 10:50:22 PM »

I agree... some Political opposition are saying it was to stop demonstrations ..
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:55:11 AM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2020, 04:02:34 AM »

People here can still walk to the stores and most do not have or use cars.

Traffic Completely Banned from 17 to 21 April

Restrictions do not apply to the transportation of cargo and distribution vehicles. Shops, pharmacies, food delivery services, and all other permitted facilities will continue to operate as usual.
In addition, starting April 17, visiting cemeteries is also prohibited throughout the country.
Chikovani added that starting tomorrow, wearing medical face masks in closed public spaces will become mandatory.
The PM's spokesperson once again urged the population to adhere to imposed restrictions and stay at home for their own safety.
By Ana Dumbadze

[size=78%] [/size]
I seen another article where the Prime Minister is working on ways to further enforce their restrictions. Right now there is a 3000 GEL fine on individuals and 15,000 GEL on businesses that disobey. A woman recently got a 3000 GEL (BIG money over here) fine for selling tulips on the steps of some building (church?).

Every night I eat dinner with my Georgian family. I give Joggo 50 GEL a week to buy groceries. It is far more than what I eat but it helps the family. Afterwards I watch TV until about 8:30 PM because at 9 PM if I am caught outside I can be arrested but probably just fined a 1000 bucks

[/size]Police Detect 230 New Violations of State of Emergency

230 new violations of the state of emergency were detected in the past 24 hours as a result of the monitoring carried out by the law enforcers throughout the country.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs reports that 71 citizens were fined for violating curfew across the country last night.
"The MIA of Georgia continues working for 24 hours in order to identify violators of the restrictions imposed within the framework of the curfew. In order to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the country, the police respond promptly to all violations. Law enforcers detected 230 new cases of violation of the curfew for the last 24 hours.
"71 citizens were fined for violating the curfew across the country last night. In addition, the police fined 68 citizens for violating the restrictions of gathering and the 2-meter social distancing. Law enforcers also fined 91 people for transporting passengers and violating the traffic rules," the Ministry said.
In case of violation of the established rules, individuals are fined GEL 3000 and legal entities - GEL 15000.
The Ministry of Internal Affairs calls on citizens to adhere to restrictions imposed within the framework of the state of emergency.
By Ana Dumbadze

After dinner I sit and watch TV with the family. The family is Joggo (age almost 61) his wife Nana (She works in the hospital as a nurse), their 17 year old son Nikka and their 2 daughters, Irma (23) and Inga (26). Inga used to sing in the Batumi opera but doesn't now due to the shutdown. I do not understand much of the news I see on their TV. From what I can see there is no questioning about how to open things back up. It is all video of flashing lights, hospital personnel running around, road blocks, military on the streets and depressed reporters excitedly reporting sad news.

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I study Russian with Irma using Pimsluer that is on my laptop. I pay her 20 GEL for a 2 hour lesson. We make a list of the words and phrases which are the most common used in Russian conversation according to "doctor Pimsluer." The last half hour we do the back and forth thing of conversation. It also helps Irma with her English. She works in tourism but not now.

So far in a nation of 3.731 million people 4 people have died from the coronavirus. One today listed as the "victim" (gender not disclosed) as being "Over the age of 70 with chronic health conditions" and the other 3 were women ages 79, 81 and 86 with severe heart conditions. You got to wonder how many of these people would have died without getting covid 19?

The amount of coronavirus cases in Georgia in a population of 3,731,000 is 394, 86 have recovered. There is a depression all over the land not much from the virus but from not being able to earn an income. I see no effort, except my own, in getting ready for a life after this passes, if it passes.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »
There is a depression all over the land not much from the virus but from not being able to earn an income. I see no effort, except my own, in getting ready for a life after this passes, if it passes.

Maxx, small nations like Georgia does not have the means and money to fight an epidemic. If they don't prevent exponential growth of infections, deaths and lose control of the virus, more suffering may happen if the economy and government collapses. Is the government making the best decision for the nation? Who knows? But they get to make decisions and you're going to have to endure the loss of freedoms for as long as the virus is running loose. My guess is Georgia is going to be strict and ease restrictions after they observe how a large nation successfully limits the virus's spread with minimum damage to the economy and medical community. It's going to be a balancing act from here on out until a vaccine if found.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »
Maxx, small nations like Georgia does not have the means and money to fight an epidemic. If they don't prevent exponential growth of infections, deaths and lose control of the virus, more suffering may happen if the economy and government collapses. Is the government making the best decision for the nation? Who knows? But they get to make decisions and you're going to have to endure the loss of freedoms for as long as the virus is running loose. My guess is Georgia is going to be strict and ease restrictions after they observe how a large nation successfully limits the virus's spread with minimum damage to the economy and medical community. It's going to be a balancing act from here on out until a vaccine if found.

The scheduled time to allow driving again is this Wednesday 2 days from now. The lifting of the 9 PM to 6 AM curfew and other restrictions on non essential business is supposed to be May 10th. But I doubt that. They and everyone else will find case after case of coronavirus stretching off into infinity.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2020, 10:13:25 AM »

The scheduled time to allow driving again is this Wednesday 2 days from now. The lifting of the 9 PM to 6 AM curfew and other restrictions on non essential business is supposed to be May 10th. But I doubt that. They and everyone else will find case after case of coronavirus stretching off into infinity.

I was right. The driving ban has been extended to April 27, five more days and the restrictions including the 9 PM till 6 AM curfew has been extended to May 22nd. Twelve more days of crippling the economy.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »

A Russian women named Elena wrote:

Это просто ужас...Правительство, пр правительства, Вы взвешиваете решения??? Или вы все пенсионеры, которым уже нечего терять...читайте новости других стран, как взвешенно выравнивают весы между не терять бизнес и защищать людей... Вы только топите всех и все...

It's just awful ... Government, pr governments, do you weigh decisions ??? Or are you all pensioners who have nothing to lose ... read the news of other countries, how to balance the balance between not losing your business and protecting people ... You just drown everyone and everything ...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2020, 02:32:19 PM »

Hello Givi, I just seen your message.

I am trapped in my apartment. I am too far from my business to walk to it. Every weekday at 4 PM I study Russian with Irma. I pay her of course. I figure it helps the family. Afterward about 6 PM I go to the kitchen where Nana has supper for me. She is a good cook. Then after that I sit in the living room with the family and watch a Turkish soap opera dubbed into Georgian. I have recognized about 3 words, Gamajoba, Knock-vam-dease and mody. On the soap opera there is a very good looking redhead that never smiles. I wondered if there is something wrong with her teeth?

At 8:30 I go back to my apartment before I violate the curfew. I don't want a 3000 Lari fine or get thrown in Georgian jail...

Meanwhile I got people setting things up at my business. I get sent photos of the progress. Today the kitchen is operational. Little good it does me because I am in prison lockdown until the 27th. However I expect to see on the news on the 26th another extension and they will do that until the Georgia economy collapses and there are food riots in the streets.

Misha didn't put a hole in the sink for the faucet so we had to rig up a plastic one. When he comes back this way (When will that be??) he will bring a tool to make a hole for the metal faucet which we got. Also there was no access door in the sink unit so we had to take off the front. We can't get the city to give us a permit to hook to the gas line outside since they are closed. So we hooked up a Turkish cylinder to hold us over.

The last photo is of some inserts for the hot and cold units. Misha made only one long. We need 4 more. The short piece 12 more otherwise the units cannot hold the containers like they are supposed to. I think Misha was in such a hurry to get to me and get paid he forgot (?) to do a lot of things. I paid him 150 Lari for this but the  prison lockdown came.

The woman that worked next door, Khatuna will be working with me. She is an administrator and can help me with getting this business started. Once I can drive again I will start working with her on all the things we need to do. And they are a lot! Being in prison lockdown sure makes this difficult!

Other than that everything is OK. How is it going for you? Or shouldn't I ask?

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »
Are fire suppression systems required there? Range hood fires are not unusual in commercial kitchens. You should definitely consider buying a couple of dry chemical fire extinguishers.

Best wishes, lots of luck, and stay well.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »
Are fire suppression systems required there? Range hood fires are not unusual in commercial kitchens. You should definitely consider buying a couple of dry chemical fire extinguishers.

Best wishes, lots of luck, and stay well.

There is a gas detector there. No fire suppression here. Too expensive for the businesses. I will be getting fire extinguishers and a exit map to hang. I am friends with the owners of the gym I used to go to (It is closed). They know the city rules. There will be an inspector who will tell us what to do and come back in a month to see if it is done. However I suspect that they will expect to see every change done first before allowing me to open. It's going to be a while. Maybe six or seven weeks, providing of course they let me travel by car. Maybe I should hire a horse, carriage and driver? Motorcycles and scooters are also exempt from the ban and inclosed vehicles are not?

Offline ML

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »

Misha didn't put a hole in the sink for the faucet so we had to rig up a plastic one.

Some years back a friend contracted to have a new house built.

As final stage, landscapers came to put in yard, etc.

Only then was it discovered there were no water faucets provided on the outside of the house.

More recently, I was just walking through a house nearing completion as an electrician had invited me in.

He pointed out how refrigerator door would only open about a third of the way before it hit a counter top.

Some years back, I was in a new house where stairway to second floor would only accommodate a person with a height of about 5 foot 8 inches.

Another time I was told about a very expensive house whose entire two story structure (only framed up at the time) leaned somewhat during a strong wind.  It was never corrected, so some interior walls are noticeably off plumb by up to 2 inches.

And yet in another instance, plumbers told me of case where inexperienced guy thought the purple cleaner used on PVC drainage pipe was actually the glue, so he only used it and never told anyone until after concrete was poured for basement floor (pipe was under such basement).
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2235
Total: 2246

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM