It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439646 times)

Online Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1500 on: March 28, 2020, 01:11:45 PM »
so, somehow the behavior of the women in the bunker has completely swung to the opposite direction, without me having any idea of why their attitudes have so suddenly changed...
maybe they are scared now

my daughters, instead of openly embracing pro-virus rebel ideology
now agree to be my “quarantined guests” in the bunker indefinitely
and promise to serve me in what ever capacity I ask them to

my wife’s girl friend has begun flirting with me,
she likes to swim topless, and when she comes out of the pool

Any chance of some topless pics of her Krim ;D or maybe a new bikini pic of your beautiful daughter to lighten the mood on here :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1501 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:38 PM »
According to Cuomo, Trump did not bring up the subject of quarantine in their call today.  Don't even have to ask Cuomo, just turn on the tv or change the channel for a few minutes.  It'll be on youtube soon as well.

Trump's decision came after talking to other governors about New Yorkers bringing problems to their states. Trump stopping New Yorkers from leaving NY is based off recommendations from other governors and will not impact anything Cuomo is doing for his State. Let's be happy Trump and Co is working long hours to solve the problem. The media writing stories to demoralize Trump and Co. hurts the nation more than helps if they get demoralized, the public loses faith in government, and if they have to waste an enormous amount of time to combat fake news. I do understand the media is still on an active mission to make him look bad so he can lose the next election. Everybody should be working together, Democrats, Republicans, citizens, businesses and the media. Too bad the media doesn't want to participate.

IIRC the count of health workers that have either died or are out sick is somewhere around 3000 so far.  Yes, working in a hospital is very risky, made even more so when protective gear is not available.  I expect across in the US thousands of healthcare workers are out.

Taking 3000 medical workers out of action is a tragedy for the short time they been fighting the virus. Anything less than a hazmat suit will not give 100% protection to medical workers but it's not practical to wear a hazmat suit and do the job. Also, most medical workers may not be wearing their protective gear properly. I remember training for wearing a chemical suit in the army and going into the gas chamber with the platoon. You'll know when someone didn't seal and wear it properly when they breathe some of that tear gas. Also, removing the suit is almost as important as properly wearing it. We had to remove it in a way none of the exterior of the suit touches our skin. A medical professional without proper training may remove their gear, get the virus on their skin and if they rub their eyes soon after before thoroughly washing their hands, they may infect themselves.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1502 on: March 28, 2020, 02:00:13 PM »
Trump's decision came after talking to other governors about New Yorkers bringing problems to their states. Trump stopping New Yorkers from leaving NY is based off recommendations from other governors and will not impact anything Cuomo is doing for his State. Let's be happy Trump and Co is working long hours to solve the problem. The media writing stories to demoralize Trump and Co. hurts the nation more than helps if they get demoralized, the public loses faith in government, and if they have to waste an enormous amount of time to combat fake news. I do understand the media is still on an active mission to make him look bad so he can lose the next election. Everybody should be working together, Democrats, Republicans, citizens, businesses and the media. Too bad the media doesn't want to participate.

In a lot of other words, your statement below was false. JFTR

Not true.

Taking 3000 medical workers out of action is a tragedy for the short time they been fighting the virus. Anything less than a hazmat suit will not give 100% protection to medical workers but it's not practical to wear a hazmat suit and do the job. Also, most medical workers may not be wearing their protective gear properly. I remember training for wearing a chemical suit in the army and going into the gas chamber with the platoon. You'll know when someone didn't seal and wear it properly when they breathe some of that tear gas. Also, removing the suit is almost as important as properly wearing it. We had to remove it in a way none of the exterior of the suit touches our skin. A medical professional without proper training may remove their gear, get the virus on their skin and if they rub their eyes soon after before thoroughly washing their hands, they may infect themselves.

Billy, having been through the chemical/biological school at Redstone Arsenal with live chemical agents (not just tear gas) I am well aware of all this.  The issue is getting enough protective equipment, not just how to use it.  I'm pretty sure these folks on both side of the atlantic, facing similar difficulties getting PPE are doing their best to keep themselves from getting sick.  A mask is a mask, a gown is a gown, gloves are gloves.  We're not talking rocket science.  Having to reuse it is a problem, a big one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:02:11 PM by BC »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1503 on: March 28, 2020, 02:23:48 PM »
The issue is getting enough protective equipment, not just how to use it.  I'm pretty sure these folks on both side of the atlantic, facing similar difficulties getting PPE are doing their best to keep themselves from getting sick.  A mask is a mask, a gown is a gown, gloves are gloves.  We're not talking rocket science.  Having to reuse it is a problem, a big one.

Medical professionals who are working with infected patients should get the PPE. Those who work in other wings in the hospital do not need PPE. Cuomo said he's trying to secure N95 masks. Medical professionals will wear them with a false sense of security. "N95" is a government efficiency rating that means the mask blocks about 95 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns in size or larger. The overwhelming majority of water droplets are bigger than .3 microns but not all.

I don't know about Italy but Cuomo said NY has enough PPE for the short term. Of course there's deliveries to NY hospitals everyday to make sure that long term needs are met. There hasn't been enough virus related problems in NY yet to create a shortage.

Here's a fake news story saying Trump and Cuomo clashed. The media makes it sound like they are fighting.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-and-cuomo-clash-as-president-weighs-new-york-quarantine/ar-BB11PYRA?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:32:09 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #1504 on: March 28, 2020, 02:44:05 PM »
I don't know about Italy but Cuomo said NY has enough PPE for the short term. Of course there's deliveries to NY hospitals everyday to make sure that long term needs are met. There hasn't been enough virus related problems in NY yet to create a shortage.

Guess it's all fake news then.

http://www.google.com/search?biw=1981&bih=1187&tbm=nws&ei=58F_Xrj8I6v3qwHQlKW4Cg&q=nurses+new+york+hospital+ppe

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1505 on: March 28, 2020, 02:47:14 PM »
U.S. military command teams in charge of protecting homeland security are being isolated in the infamous Cheyenne mountain bunker where they will remain 'sealed off' until the coronavirus pandemic passes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8162937/Coronavirus-drives-army-command-teams-infamous-Cheyenne-mountain-bunker.html

Offline Gator

« Reply #1506 on: March 28, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »
Isn't it a bit unusual that Trump announces to the public he may quarantine several states today without even speaking to their governors about it? Says something like folks from NY are fleeing to infect FL. That is not the way to build unity or band the country together.  Instead, it creates a friend or foe environment.

This would escalate "stay at home" mitigation to a Wuhan lockdown.  Did Italy not attempt something similar? 

I agree with a policy directed at preventing infected people from traveling to a less infected area.  However, I am not sure it is legal.  And how could it be enforced?   I doubt one state can prevent entry of travelers from other states. 

Florida does not ban travelers from New York, yet the Governor issued a directive that entering New Yorkers must quarantine themselves in their residence for 14 days.    By the way, vacation rental business has been shuttered at many locations in Florida, so anyone coming here would be limited to visiting friends or family or staying in their second home.     

Your welcome to come to Florida,  How would that be enforced other than discovery and fine surrounding an incident?   

Trump is not even trying to act like a leader, he is keeping up his blame game instead.

Your first three sentences were valid questions to ponder.  Your closing sentence makes you sound like Moby. 

I don't see how this blames anyone.  Instead it supports stay at home.   Its the Democrats who are blaming Trump or Fox news.   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1507 on: March 28, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »
it was the devil himself who came up with the idea
to get all Christians to go to an Easter Church Service less than 10 days from now on Easter Sunday...
“yeah, i’m going”, I lied to the rednecks standing 6 feet behind me
I think they heard me, but it’s hard to shout through the mask...
hopefully, my encouraging words will convince them and their families to attend their Easter Service

payback for Easter blood libel MFers,
karma is WAY more than just a mere bitch, you cucks
this IS Helter Skelter time
not Howdy Doody make believe time,
so I will follow my beliefs
and gladly encourage you to follow yours...

the few rednecks who aren't complete dumb phuques should listen up
watch for signs of social disorder in Queens and Brooklyn
it’ll happen there first
when it happens there, you’ll have about 4 weeks before it happens in your cities, wherever you are...

understand...
remember the Rodney King riots in LA?
we're in for a long, hot summer baby!!!
fire watch time

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:46:47 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1508 on: March 28, 2020, 03:29:14 PM »

Billy, having been through the chemical/biological school at Redstone Arsenal with live chemical agents (not just tear gas) ....

Impressive. All I experienced was CS gas at Ft. Bragg's ROTC summer training.  Some 82nd Airborne  and Special Forces sergeants showed up that day for a good laugh watching college kids  retch and recover after being given a full dose.    We also had to inject our thigh with some hypodermic and show sarge the needle.  I popped mine into my canteen.  Mama did not raise an idiot.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1509 on: March 28, 2020, 03:32:46 PM »
U.S. military command teams in charge of protecting homeland security are being isolated in the infamous Cheyenne mountain bunker where they will remain 'sealed off' until the coronavirus pandemic passes

That will not be enough to repulse the invading Ruskies predicted by Krimster.   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1510 on: March 28, 2020, 03:39:46 PM »
Russia does not give a sh&t about the USA anymore...
they know you're "toast"
Russia and Iran care about Saudi Arabia...
and Russia cares about control over pipelines to the West
Russia will also militarily occupy most of Ukraine sometime before 2024...
the EU will totally capitulate to Russia
even China

you boyz is a bunch o' wimps with your CS...
my basic training kept a whole squad together in an airtight bunker
with CS candles burning so thick you couldn't see the hand in front of your face
then they had us take our gas masks off
and suddenly you feel like your face, lungs, nose and throat are on fire
and they made us stay there cramped in the bunker, until I actually thought I was gonna die
and then they suddenly opened the bunker door and I almost got trampled
by over a dozen running screaming soldiers...

good freakin times those were
sheeeet, young people today...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:48:59 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

« Reply #1511 on: March 28, 2020, 03:44:35 PM »
This would escalate "stay at home" mitigation to a Wuhan lockdown.  Did Italy not attempt something similar? 

Yes, it is in force.  Unless it is an extremely urgent matter or going to work in a critical or necessary job like a grocery store, health worker etc one can't go outside the town limits where you live.

Rome is seeing not only a levelling off of new cases but a decrease as well the last couple days.

I am convinced the lockdown is having a very positive effect.  Imagine Lazio, the second most populated region that includes Rome with the same problems as Milan. Lazio has a total of 2300 cases.  Lombardia (Milan) almost 40,000 cases.

I don't object strict quarantines at all.  What I do object to is announcing by tweet and off-hand remarks to the press without first discussing the matter with the parties involved.  It is a self-aggrandizing technique often used by weak men to puff themselves up a bit.  Sorta like grabbing pussy.

Offline BC

« Reply #1512 on: March 28, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »
Impressive.

No, it really sucked. Being in the hot Alabama sun in June for a few hours duct-taped in a heavy full-body rubber suit and mask ain't fun.  Was worse for those that ignored advice to eat only a very light breakfast.  Some puked and had to be quickly dragged out of the area to be fully scrubbed down and decontaminated before being able to take off their masks filled to the eyeballs with vomit, a process that takes some very long and even dangerous minutes without a breath of air.  We lucky ones only had to empty the sweat and urine out of our boots.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1513 on: March 28, 2020, 04:11:01 PM »
Guess it's all fake news then.

http://www.google.com/search?biw=1981&bih=1187&tbm=nws&ei=58F_Xrj8I6v3qwHQlKW4Cg&q=nurses+new+york+hospital+ppe

If you watched Cuomo today, you would've heard him say there's a lot of sensationalism reported. Read the articles in your link carefully. There is no shortage of PPE. It's the opinion of some medical personnel there's a shortage since they were told to reuse PPE. Masks/filters can be used more than once. Do you change the filters on your car everyday?  CDC allows medical personnel to reuse certain PPE. CDC says to discard N95 respirators contaminated with blood, respiratory or nasal secretions, or other bodily fluids from patients. So in my opinion, if a medical personnel is working in a wing of a hospital and their mask remains clean, they can reuse it. CDC also says do not use the mask more than the manufacture's recommendations. Maybe Cuomo is covering his butt because he failed to get enough supplies? I'm not a fan of Cuomo so I checked the CDC website below that says masks can be reused so he's not wrong.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hcwcontrols/recommendedguidanceextuse.html

I don't object strict quarantines at all.  What I do object to is announcing by tweet and off-hand remarks to the press without first discussing the matter with the parties involved. 

Some people complain government is slow to inform them or doesn't inform them at all. Trump tells everybody instantly by way of Tweet what he's doing. Cuomo has access to Trump's Tweets too. Trump talked to a lot of governors who want New Yorkers to stay in NY or it'll be bad for our nation. Trump mentioned he is thinking about quarantining NY. You criticize him for not talking to Cuomo but he didn't act and will talk to Cuomo before he acts. By Tweeting, he is informing the nations to prepare for an action he may take in the future.

I agree with a policy directed at preventing infected people from traveling to a less infected area.  However, I am not sure it is legal.  And how could it be enforced?   I doubt one state can prevent entry of travelers from other states. 

Legal? Who cares if it's legal? States right now around NY are mobilizing their National Guard and police to stop New Yorkers from coming in. Who's going to sue those states saying it's their right to jeopardize the lives of the rest of the nation? Trump could mobilize federal law enforcement or military. Most smart people understand the reasons certain actions are taken and will comply.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1514 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:32 PM »

I don't object strict quarantines at all.  What I do object to is announcing by tweet and off-hand remarks to the press without first discussing the matter with the parties involved.  It is a self-aggrandizing technique often used by weak men to puff themselves up a bit.  Sorta like grabbing pussy.

So Trump has again agitated you and some New Yorkers.  What's new! 

You can not accuse Trump of penalizing blue states, because bright red Louisiana is escalating rapidly into the same critical situation as New York.  Of course,  the mayor of New Orleans is blaming Trump for not issuing red flags (Mardi Gras occurred when CDC thought the virus a low risk).   

Offline BC

« Reply #1515 on: March 28, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »
Billy,

Since you can read instructions, maybe you should go volunteer at one of the busy hospitals. Heck, go direct one.

Offline BC

« Reply #1516 on: March 28, 2020, 04:25:26 PM »
So Trump has again agitated you and some New Yorkers.  What's new! 

No, not agitated at all. Disappointed, yes.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #1517 on: March 28, 2020, 04:26:36 PM »
HiGuys gloves with social distance is the most important.

Quarantine shouldn't be announced early but at the last minute.
It is known that 1.2 million of people from Paris left the capital. But many used trains or bus. So I let you imagine how many cases has resulted from this...
We have not still got the maximum peak but in USA you are at the very beginning of the pandemy.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1518 on: March 28, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »
THE EFFECT OF WARM WEATHER

Some have talked about the possibility of the virus slowing come warmer months, just like ordinary flu. 

Based on what's happening in Florida. probably not   Weather is in the 80's every day, and yet the infection is growing.  Statewide accumulative totals:

March 23:  13,094 tests with 1,171 positive cases. 
March 28:  43,071 tests with 4,038 positive cases. 

BTW, total of 507 hospitalizations and 56 deaths.  And the most cases, deaths, etc have occurred in balmy Dade County (Miami).

New York, if you're listening, the solution is not Florida.     The only benefit it seems is humid air if you become infected and have breathing problems. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1519 on: March 28, 2020, 04:45:23 PM »
No, not agitated at all. Disappointed, yes.

BC, you're trying really hard to find something Trump did wrong all the time. Today you're upset with Trump because he took action to quarantine NY without consulting with Cuomo. Fake News! Trump didn't take action quarantining NY. He Tweeted he's thinking about it. Cuomo can give him a call if he disagrees. I'm sure they will talk before a federal quarantine is implemented but my guess is the States surrounding NY will take enough action against New Yorkers and Trump doesn't need to act.

HiGuys gloves with social distance is the most important.

Quarantine shouldn't be announced early but at the last minute.
It is known that 1.2 million of people from Paris left the capital. But many used trains or bus. So I let you imagine how many cases has resulted from this...
We have not still got the maximum peak but in USA you are at the very beginning of the pandemy.

Every nation will have to deal with the virus. No way to prevent deaths and no way to stop the virus. So the goal is to slow it down without destroying too much of the economy and lives. This virus may be seasonal or comes back hard in cycles and the cycle could be every couple of months since it showed up in nations in January and two months later it's at pandemic levels.

THE EFFECT OF WARM WEATHER

Some have talked about the possibility of the virus slowing come warmer months, just like ordinary flu. 

Based on what's happening in Florida. probably not   Weather is in the 80's every day, and yet the infection is growing.  Statewide accumulative totals:

March 23:  13,094 tests with 1,171 positive cases. 
March 28:  43,071 tests with 4,038 positive cases. 

BTW, total of 507 hospitalizations and 56 deaths.  And the most cases, deaths, etc have occurred in balmy Dade County (Miami).

New York, if you're listening, the solution is not Florida.     The only benefit it seems is humid air if you become infected and have breathing problems. 

Three weeks ago WHO said it's false hope the virus will disappear in the summer. People need to remember this is related to a cold virus, not the flu virus which is seasonal.

http://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/its-a-false-hope-coronavirus-will-disappear-in-the-summer-like-the-flu-who-says.html

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1520 on: March 28, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »
This is long, but an excellent interview with a Korean expert on infectious disease.  It puts in stark terms why this virus is a big issue.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline based_zoomer1997

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1521 on: March 28, 2020, 04:54:55 PM »
Anyone know if Belarus has a travel ban on Americans or anyone else? I know Ukraine and Russia do at the moment so I thought Belarus might be a potential backup since it sounds like they've been hit the least hard and have the least lockdown measures of anyone in Europe. Can't find any info online though.

Offline BC

« Reply #1522 on: March 28, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »
Billy

It is you that is trying too hard to defend the indefensible.

Did you see the word “may” in my post?

Do you know the meaning of disappointed?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1523 on: March 28, 2020, 04:59:29 PM »
Anyone know if Belarus has a travel ban on Americans or anyone else? I know Ukraine and Russia do at the moment so I thought Belarus might be a potential backup since it sounds like they've been hit the least hard and have the least lockdown measures of anyone in Europe. Can't find any info online though.

Effective March 26, any traveller from a country affected by COVID-19 must self isolate for 14 days upon entering Belarus.  Keep in mind, Belarus has a security apparatus in place which can ensure this is enforced.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LAman

« Reply #1524 on: March 28, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »

How can you have such thoughts? For instance, how do you get into Belarus, where is connecting flight from..…..certainly not from USA.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541006
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1883
Total: 1895

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM