It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments Versus Hotels  (Read 82381 times)

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Apartments Versus Hotels
« on: January 14, 2017, 04:10:32 PM »
5. Stay in an apartment NOT A HOTEL!: I could list a hundred reasons why,
but there are always a fairly large number of jack asses men who will ignore
this.

I stayed in apartments. Hated them. It seems Sleepy's should open up a boat load of stores over there. Every bed I slept on was hard. And all apartments had funky bathrooms with tubs that I would need a small ladder to climb into. And they all had water heaters from the early 1980s. One with flame that would go out periodically and I had to push an effing button a few dozen times to get it started. Don't get me started on the tiny bath towels that were a tiny bit softer than sand paper. The kitchen sucked too but I ate out every day. Perhaps I should pick better apartments next month when I am over there. And every apartment had a lock that was hard to find at night because they don't have effing lights in the hallways. And don't get me started on tiny washers with Russian words and no dryers. One evening I invited a lady over for a couple of hours to the apartment I stayed in. I forgot that I was drying my underwear and other clothes in the bathroom and she had to use the toilet. Awkward. I am still in touch with her. so I guess the sight of my red underwear didn't totally turn her off.  ;D

I stayed in apartments because the hotels are filthy expensive in Kiev. The Hyatt over there was 300/night. WTF? Now I know some other reasons why staying in apartments is better idea besides money but they do suck. At least those i stayed in.  ;)

I went with the flow because I was excited to be there meeting the ladies.  ;D

Going to Kharkiv, Odessa, Nikolaev next month. If you guys have recommendations for "good" apartments, please let me know.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 05:19:28 PM »
Repeating a few things I have said previously re hotels vs apartments.
I do not think apartment is preferable to a hotel--- specifically in initial stages.Established relationship situation is different --then the benefits of  apartment can be utilised.

As an example --you are there to meet people and to me--interacting with people generally is an important part of the whole experience. So--why hide away in an apartment? In a hotel there are other guests and the opportunity to meet people -- and yes-- some of them may be women! Specifically  breakfast where the opportunity to share a table arises!

Even when staying in an apartment  ( or some hotels) - i will go out to eat breakfast. I have zero interest in spending my time looking at the wall or TV and eating alone --it makes no sense.

Guys here will say -- girls will not go to hotel room - I say  bs. Yes--more privacy may be preferable -but that depends on the hotel and circumstances . I know some hotels where girls cannot wait to get there!!( not necessarily to  room ). But-the big point is this-- most guys are not going to be capable of getting a girl to a private room anywhere in early stages !!!!

The big advantage of the hotel is having some support on basic issues if it is needed. All your time is free to focus on what really matters. Hotel will do washing and ironing( at a pittance compared to western prices)

I advocate going out for breakfast( if hotel does not have others present),morning tea,lunch,afternoon tea,dinner,after dinner etc etc  .That may be to arranged meeting --or to see what you can make happen.

The other key issue--hotel offers flexibility for changes of plan . Usually you can pay one or two days ahead even when booked for a week -- and leave without a penalty. Apartments-chances are you will pay all the time in advance thus being locked in and reluctant to burn the time paid for.

On eating and tables  --do not go to a 2 person table or accept it if directed to it. Go to the largest table possible . Why-- the chances of being asked to share becomes higher ! Now -it does not matter if it is the hottest girl you have ever seen asking--or the ugliest-or even guys ! Getting chatting can lead to the most interesting experiences and people -- and introductions!

I have preferred hotels in Kyiv, Nikolaev and Odessa ( and apartments) .The cost will have seasonal variations and all are less than $!00 a night down to much less.

Ohh -- and one last point --my comments are current -- I was there 4 weeks ago - not a decade ago !
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:23:52 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 05:24:18 PM »
Going to Kharkiv, Odessa, Nikolaev next month. If you guys have recommendations for "good" apartments, please let me know.

For apartments in Odessa I recommend this service. Ask for Olga. Her customer service is first rate.

http://letsgoodessa.com

This apartment overlooks the Potemkin Stairs and the Black Sea. I haven't stayed in it but a friend has and recommends it highly.

http://letsgoodessa.com/apartment_OD2-110.html

Offline JayH

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 05:32:11 PM »
For apartments in Odessa I recommend this service. Ask for Olga. Her customer service is first rate.

This apartment overlooks the Potemkin Stairs and the Black Sea. I haven't stayed in it but a friend has and recommends it highly.

That particular apartment is not currently available ( I think) but she will have others-- generally very high standard in apartment itself and very well located.
If you are looking I know a few others she has that I would recommend.
From time to time -on forum also I think??
And yes--Olga is very helpful and easy to deal with.

Mostly all within easy short walk to cafes,restaurants,action !
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:33:59 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline HoundDaddyLee

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »

Olga will also help find quality apartments in other cities as well.

Good Luck,
HDL

Offline wallm

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Do they help with arranging taxis?

Any recommendations for taxi to Nikolaev from Odessa? And to Kharkiv from Nikolaev/Odessa?

May be I should fly from ODS to HRK through KBP if snow is a problem for taxi from Nikolaev to Kharkiv. The old puddle jumpers UIA uses don't exactly make me feel safe. ;D

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »

I reckon JayH has a point re the 'support' issue concerning Hotels ..for the first few hours...

After the first night - find a decent apartment ..

Many good ladies can feel like 'prostitutes' if invited back to your Hotel room ..

An apartment will have a kitchen - where you can prepare her a meal and no-one will 'judge' your date

I always booked an apartment with two bedrooms ...  then let nature take it's course... or Not ..

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:58:33 PM by msmob »

Offline ML

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 05:42:28 PM »
Time lapse - 'excuse'..

I reckon JayH has a point be the 'support' issue re Hotels ..for the first few hours...

after the first night - find a decent apartment ..

Most good ladies feel like 'prostitutes' if invited back to your Hotel room ..

An Apartment will have a kitchen - where you can prepare her a meal and no-one will 'judge' your date

I always booked an apartment with two bedrooms ...  then let nature take it's course... or Not ..

I agree.
Can't always find two bedrooms (in the American definition); but two 'sleeping areas' will suffice.
i.e. in FSU a two room apartment usually means there will be a sleeping area in what Americans would call the living room, and then an actual bedroom.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »
Do they help with arranging taxis?

Any recommendations for taxi to Nikolaev from Odessa? And to Kharkiv from Nikolaev/Odessa?

May be I should fly from ODS to HRK through KBP if snow is a problem for taxi from Nikolaev to Kharkiv. The old puddle jumpers UIA uses don't exactly make me feel safe. ;D

Forget any idea of taxi from Kharkiv to Nikolaev -- you obviously have no idea how difficult a fair part of that trip is - and that is before dealing with winter.
Catch the train Kharkiv -Kyiv  then Kyiv -Odessa.
You can train it  Kyiv to Nikolaev --but I think not fast .
No reason not to fly either -it can be cheap.It will be cheapest (perhaps) to look at 2 separate tickets if you look at specials on UIA.
I have contact  for Odessa-Nikolaev taxi (the last guy who did not listen spent 10 times the price my guy will arrange).

I have to laugh a little--  driving is ok and you are worried about UIA !

Offline wallm

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
I will fly the puddle jumpers. UIA blows. I am flying LOT out of JFK to KBP/ODS when I could take a direct flight with UIA to KBP.

True, I have no idea what road conditions are like between Kharkiv and Nikolaev. One of the girls I am planning to meet with told me to not even think about train from Kiev to Odessa/Nikolaev. Apparently, the whole train had no heat during the storm last week. She was on the train to Kiev. WTF! This is worse than 3rd world country. No train for me.  :P

So, give me the contact of your guy who can arrange to drive me from Odessa to Nikolaev and back.

Have a few laughs. I don't mind. I am new to that part of Ukraine.

Offline JayH

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 07:34:18 PM »
I will fly the puddle jumpers. UIA blows. I am flying LOT out of JFK to KBP/ODS when I could take a direct flight with UIA to KBP.

True, I have no idea what road conditions are like between Kharkiv and Nikolaev. One of the girls I am planning to meet with told me to not even think about train from Kiev to Odessa/Nikolaev. Apparently, the whole train had no heat during the storm last week. She was on the train to Kiev. WTF! This is worse than 3rd world country. No train for me.  :P

So, give me the contact of your guy who can arrange to drive me from Odessa to Nikolaev and back.

Have a few laughs. I don't mind. I am new to that part of Ukraine.
That would have been Nikolaev train I think. Train to Odessa is ok.
There is great variation in trains -high speed and new from Kharkiv to Kyiv.
You could bus it -- coaches ala western style. I got $12 airfare once-Kyiv -Odessa.
Ukraine is a country of great contrasts -parts are 3rd world.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 10:13:45 AM »

I reckon JayH has a point re the 'support' issue concerning Hotels ..for the first few hours...

After the first night - find a decent apartment ..

Many good ladies can feel like 'prostitutes' if invited back to your Hotel room ..

An apartment will have a kitchen - where you can prepare her a meal and no-one will 'judge' your date

There are a hundred reasons to pick an apartment over a hotel. Moby correctly
states the prostitute argument. I'll add a few more.

If you wake up hungry at 3:00 am because of jetlag you can make yourself
a sandwich in your underwear. In a hotel you would have to get dressed, then
go out tromping around in the snow or whatever the elements and good luck
finding something open at 3:00 am.

You can pack less clothes. If you get an apartment with a washer then you can
wash your clothes. You don't need to pack enough clothes for each day. The
instructions are in Russian? boo-hoo-hoo! You can't operate google translate?

If you meet an FSUW she will happily visit you in an apartment. You can invite
her and her friends over and entertain people. 

But the biggest reason, the best argument which automatically trumps all the
lame arguments of getting a hotel is that.....................

You can play house in an apartment.
If you get an apartment there is a very good chance that you will have an FSUW
walking around in her underwear doing various domestic type things. The odds
of an FSUW doing that in a hotel goes down by 90%. 

You might get to see an FSUW in her underwear in a hotel room, but she isn't
going to hang out with you in a hotel room during the day. In a hotel room she
isn't going to strip down to her underwear, seat you at the kitchen table and then
bend over to look in the bottom drawer for a kettle to make tea for you. She isn't
going to invite a couple of her friends over to a hotel room to meet you.

An apartment is far more like real life than a hotel room. You won't have to eat
100% of your meals in a restaurant. You can make your favorite recipe for a nice
girl. She can make her favorite recipe for you!

It's no contest, a good apartment is better than a good hotel. There is no chance
of playing house in a hotel room. My argument wins and any contrary arguments
lose. The end.  ;D

Once you've found an FSUW to visit again then she can find an apartment for you
for even less money, and can bounce up and down on the bed to make sure it works
properly. You won't have room in your suitcase for clothes because you will be
bringing stuff/presents.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:27:21 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Darth_Budda

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
Get the Apartment with a Hot Tub...   :clapping:

Just do it,,,,

I noticed a  lot of the cool rooms are not on the big travel sites,,,  You have to go to the hotel  Website...

Premier Rus, Has an " Apartment " on the top floor..

I found it a good stop for a day or two... before heading to the train station...

The view from the room is great...you can almost watch the football games at the stadium next door... 

I think one,, should compare hotel prices vs. apartments... also factor in the time frame...

I like spending a day or two at a hotel,, get some room service...  be lazy....

We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline wallm

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »

True. ;D

I friggin hate these apartments. At least the two I stayed in. I guess I have to grin and bear with it for a few days. I don't worry about kitchen, making food, etc. I do intermittent fasting and do not eat outside of 12 PM - 9 PM which conveniently falls within time frame I might be having lunch/dinner with the ladies. ;) So, no cooking. I just wish the beds are comfy and the bathrooms offer better tubs, hot water, etc. Hoping for better experience in Odessa, Nikolaev than I had in Kiev.

P.S: if anyone is looking to get healthy this new year, try intermittent fasting. I do it everyday. No eating outside of of 12 PM - 9 PM. Drink water, may be coffee. Stay under your BMR. HIIT Cardio and Strength training. I do not look or feel like I am 52.  :D

Offline JayH

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 12:45:01 AM »
There are a hundred reasons to pick an apartment over a hotel. Moby correctly
states the prostitute argument. I'll add a few more.
That old prostitute argument really is a throwback to another era
It depends where you are -- so really a nonsense comment eg hotel may have own cafe and restaurant -plus room service potential.
The hotel will do laundry and IRONING -all at little cost

Reality is-- you have as much chance ( in fact more I say) of getting a girl to your room in a hotel as anywhere. EG you may already be in restaurant etc

Sure-- little domestic chores to do-- so an obviously self fulfilling prophecy!!

going to hang out with you in a hotel room during the day.
Nonsense
 In a hotel room she isn't going to strip down to her underwear, seat you at the kitchen table and then
bend over to look in the bottom drawer for a kettle to make tea for you.
Nonsense
She isn't going to invite a couple of her friends over to a hotel room to meet you.
More nonsense

An apartment is far more like real life than a hotel room. You won't have to eat
100% of your meals in a restaurant. You can make your favorite recipe for a nice
Yeah--invite her to come and cook and clean at first meeting ! that'll work !
It's no contest, a good apartment is better than a good hotel. There is no chance
lose. The end.  ;D

Nope-- you have made zero case . All your arguments apply to ongoing and more established relationship---  not a first meeting deal at all.That is the whole point of what i have said-  once established relationship different issues apply.

Offline ML

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 09:00:06 AM »
Sorry Jay . . . I disagree with you on all points.

And I agree with Big Bill on all points.  Have been there, done it, many times.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »

Jay: It depends where you are -- so really a nonsense comment eg hotel
 may have own cafe and restaurant -plus room service potential.

Very few hotel cafe's or any cafe's are open at 3:00 am. You still have to get dressed,
and wash the sleep off your face and wear clothes. Room service is rarely in service
at 3:00 am.

The hotel will do laundry and IRONING -all at little cost

Jay: Reality is-- you have as much chance ( in fact more I say) of getting a girl to your room in a hotel as anywhere. EG you may already be in restaurant etc

I've invited many a gal to come to my pad so that I could cook something for her.
Most guys have a goto meal that they can prepare that tastes at least half
good. Then she is inside the apartment. If she is even remotely a keeper then her
feminine genes will kick in and you have exactly the situation that I described.

Jay: Sure-- little domestic chores to do-- so an obviously self fulfilling prophecy!!

going to hang out with you in a hotel room during the day.

Jay: Nonsense

In a hotel room she isn't going to strip down to her underwear, seat you at the kitchen table and then
bend over to look in the bottom drawer for a kettle to make tea for you.

Jay: Nonsense
It's pretty rare that an FSUW will bring a hotplate, kettle and dishes to
a hotel room. It's really common for them to do this in an apartment

She isn't going to invite a couple of her friends over to a hotel room to meet you.

Jay: More nonsense

There is nothing to do in a hotel room except sleep or f#ck. In an apartment you can
cut up some cheese and crackers open a bottle of wine and turn on some music. Now
you have a party or social gathering. Trying to accomplish the same situation in a
restaurant is silly. A good girl and her friends won't let you buy them stuff at a
restaurant. They will bring a cake or something else when they arrive at your
apartment. I've only done this a zillion times.

Jay Yeah--invite her to come and cook and clean at first meeting! that'll work!

You cook the first time, if you two are a good match with chemistry her
instincts will take over. Even if she can barely boil eggs without setting off the
smoke alarm.

lose. The end.  ;D

Jay: Nope-- you have made zero case . All your arguments apply to ongoing and more established relationship---  not a first meeting deal at all.That is the whole point of what i have said-  once established relationship different issues apply.

All established relationships started with a first meeting or date. So if your goal is to have
nothing but first meetings then a hotel could lend itself to that, but an apartment would
still be better.

I played house on many of my first visit trips because I had an apartment.

When you are a visit many guy, you have a lot of first dates. You meet a girl and decide
if you have mutual chemistry etc. If you find an exceptional girl you proceed to a second
date etc. Once you find a keeper, you stop the other dates and spend more time with her.
The goal is move a relationship forward. Having an apartment is far better to do this. 
You should always be optimistic and set yourself up for success.

There is no advantage to a hotel. They cost more, they are less comfortable, they
are less convenient and you can't play house.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 02:02:45 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »
Again, Big Bill is correct on all counts.

Offline Anotherkiwi

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 09:08:58 PM »
You forgot:

Do you wanna .........?

No - what I did forget is probably the most obvious one - "Vy gavaritsya pa-Angliiski?" (Do you speak English?).  :D

Offline Anotherkiwi

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 09:40:46 PM »
I stayed in apartments. Hated them. It seems Sleepy's should open up a boat load of stores over there. Every bed I slept on was hard. And all apartments had funky bathrooms with tubs that I would need a small ladder to climb into. And they all had water heaters from the early 1980s. One with flame that would go out periodically and I had to push an effing button a few dozen times to get it started. Don't get me started on the tiny bath towels that were a tiny bit softer than sand paper. The kitchen sucked too but I ate out every day. Perhaps I should pick better apartments next month when I am over there. And every apartment had a lock that was hard to find at night because they don't have effing lights in the hallways. And don't get me started on tiny washers with Russian words and no dryers. One evening I invited a lady over for a couple of hours to the apartment I stayed in. I forgot that I was drying my underwear and other clothes in the bathroom and she had to use the toilet. Awkward. I am still in touch with her. so I guess the sight of my red underwear didn't totally turn her off.  ;D

I stayed in apartments because the hotels are filthy expensive in Kiev. The Hyatt over there was 300/night. WTF? Now I know some other reasons why staying in apartments is better idea besides money but they do suck. At least those i stayed in.  ;)

Although I've stayed in hotels in a few places in Russia and Ukraine, I've stayed in apartments in several other cities and I've NEVER encountered one like you describe.  Of course I know they exist - but, if they're rented out to tourists, I imagine that the cost would be about $10-20 a night!  The closest I've come to what you describe is the budget hotel I used on my first visit to Moscow (no kitchen, of course, but VERY basic).  Did you not see photos of these places before you arrived?

I'm quite happy to recommend the letting agencies that I used on my visits.  Anything that is described as "Western style" will have appliances (and toilet-paper and towels) of the sort that you would have at home.  As an example, I rented this apartment in Kyiv:

http://www.kievhotelservice.com/kievapartments.html (the second one down)

The price back then was rather more than it is now.  :o

As for finding the door locks in the dark because the hall lights were broken - carry a torch, or use the flashlight incorporated into the design of most smartphones.  Mine is strong enough to light up a room!

Offline msmob

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 12:31:39 AM »
[quote author=JayH link=topic=14615.msg454522#msg454522 date=148

Guys here will say -- girls will not go to hotel room - I say  bs.

Shame you spoil some reasonable points by suggesting FACTUAL advice is 'bs' ...  Makes me wonder if JayH has ever actually tried to bring a FSUW back to his hotel room....

Offline ML

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »
I have even experienced that several gals would not even go into lobby of hotel with me to pick up copy of Kyiv Post.  They would insist on waiting out on  the street; and even there they told me they were 'glared at' by the beefy door guards.

But, on the other hand . . . a couple of very high level professional gals (not prostitutes) who had traveled a lot, marched right up to reception desk, asked for key to my room and led the way up . . . to the more or less astonished look from reception gals.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:54:10 AM by ML »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
I have even experienced that several gals would not even go into lobby of hotel with me to pick up copy of Kyiv Post.  They would insist on waiting out on  the street; and even there they told me they were 'glared at' by the beefy door guards.

But, on the other hand . . . a couple of very high level professional gals (not prostitutes) who had traveled a lot, marched right up to reception desk, asked for key to my room and led the way up . . . to the more or less astonished look from reception gals.

Are you sure ML? Love the way the post has been edited thereafter ;D

Well, the second girl I met would not come into hotel, front steps were the most for her, but that was Nikolaev, so small city, town really quite rural. Pretty sure hotel had no burly doormen.

First girl I paid for a room in the hotel for several days but they refused her booking in, so I had to do it, so probably didn't help my cause. That was in Kiev though, big hotel so they no doubt get many visitors of all sorts with too many people to follow what or who they are or might think they are.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 02:37:27 PM »
The problems many of you newbs faces today is having to decipher all the *dos and don't*, The *remembers this and that*....

BUNK!

I love staying in hotels. Daily clean sheets/bathrooms, room services, convenient places to eat, concierges, 24-hr accessibility. Ease of check out check-ins. If in Russia and you need to register your visa...it's right there in the lobby. Get it done the minute you check in. They'll even bring your passport back to your room. Security.

With all the anxiety newbs faces on their first trip, why add an unnecessary angst getting acquainted with apartments that (at least 5-10 years ago) are a far cry than most of you are accustomed to. Putting up with urine-reeking elevators smaller than your pantry. Drafty. Sketchy locations, etc...

Throughout the years in these boards, think of how many cases of trouble that had befallen guys using apartments vs. hotels their first trip. From robbery, mugging, scams, etc...a 10:1 ratio is being *optimistic*.

The costs aren't (weren't) that much different either. I remember Moscow Rick's apartments were generally at the same price range Tverskaya-Marriot was, without the creature comfort appointments Marriot offered.

Now, it may well have been the fact the majority of the gals I came to meet have travelled, exposed to metropolitan lifestyle, etc..but none showed apprehension of this urban legendary notion they can't be seen entering hotel lobbies. As though if they entered apartments occupied by foreigners that somehow this silly myth disappears.

Be at your most comfortable state on your trips. especially the first one. So when you do meet the gal/s, you're at your confident best!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:55:54 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline JayH

Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »

There is no advantage to a hotel. They cost more, they are less comfortable, they
are less convenient and you can't play house.
[/color]

Again -debatable conclusions.
Cost more --not necessarily so
Less comfortable -  hardly in the physical sense -if you mean in the mind -only maybe
Less convenient -- generally not true.Hotels tend to be at the epicentre
Can't play house --- mmmm -- that is not correct either. If you mean chores - they can still be done in a hotel-- and the part that matters-- can happen anywhere

You are attempting to make a conclusive argument  to try and 'win" here.There is more than one way to do things - and some make life easier and are more preferable.

Sheesh ML-=- I am loathe to ask how long ago all that was !
In another era there were floor keepers ( discussed previously on forum) that held room keys and supervised who was in the room etc  . I have seen them some years ago but not for a very long time now.Your comments make me think of that era.
That leads me to a major point -- Ukrainians are travelling and using hotels a significant amount of time more these days -- so going to or being around a hotel does not have the perceived stigma it may once have had.
You note that professional ladies had no such reservation about hotels- that fits my last sentence observation.
As for doormen etc -- they know their place in the scheme of things and have NEVER seen or heard of any challenge to any of my guests.In fact -- I try to go out of my way to be pleasant to them ( yes & tip) at hotels I stay at regularly- with a very positive result.
Very few smaller hotels & larger ones have doormen --but may have a security guy in the area.Especially so after hours -- but even then --it is not their role to be editing "guests".

Above all & repeating-- most guys are incapable of getting a girl to accept an invitation prematurely to private space- be that a hotel or an apartment.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM