It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Travel and Perceptions  (Read 13115 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 09:24:16 AM »
What is stranger yet is the coffee drink itself - little more than brown-coloured water ;D , which is why......you have to drink so many cups buckets to obtain the caffeine equivalent of our pansy cups ;) .

Come visit us in Little Havana if you want rocket fuel that makes European coffee look like water from the Amazon  ;)
And we drink it by the pot.

If not for the caffeine, I'd never drink coffee.

Same here.

As for service I find they way you approach and treat the staff can make or break your experience regardless of where you are in the World.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 09:36:49 AM »

I guess we have different expierences - lets agree to disagree.

Your persona is much more agreeable here  :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »
Much of Hitler's support came from Bavaria, hence Hitler's attempted Beer Hall Putsch in Munich. It's pretty much where the Nazi party started. Conversely the Nazi parry were weak in Berlin, something the party moved to address in later years in elections for office.

Apparently today much of Bavaria is still largely conservative with tradional values of man goes out to work while the woman keeps the home.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »
Bavaria has a warmer climate and is mostly Catholic, separated from the rest of Germany by the  invisible Weißwurstäquator (white sausage equator) or Weißwurstlinie (white sausage border):

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 06:56:44 PM »
Bavaria has a warmer climate and is mostly Catholic, separated from the rest of Germany by the  invisible Weißwurstäquator (white sausage equator) or Weißwurstlinie (white sausage border):

Terrible looking stuff !!  Maybe from white pigs ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:49 AM »
A Weisswurst (German Weißwurst, literally white sausage; Austro-Bavarian: Weißwuascht) is a traditional Bavarian sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon. It is usually flavoured with parsley, lemon, mace, onions, ginger, and cardamom, although there are some variations. Then the mixture is stuffed into pork casings and separated into individual sausages measuring about ten to twelve centimeters in length and three to four centimeters in thickness.

As they are very perishable, Weißwürste traditionally were manufactured early in the morning and prepared and eaten as a snack between breakfast and lunch; there is a saying that the sausages should not be allowed to hear the noon chime of the church bells.[1] Traditionally, Weißwürste may only be served until midday because preservatives are not used, the meat is not smoked, and hence the sausage is made fresh every day; indeed, they are sometimes called morning sausages. Before modern refrigeration technologies, in summertime the sausages would go bad before nightfall. Even today, most Bavarians eat Weißwürste before noon.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weisswurst)
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 07:15:55 PM »

They are in fact quite tasty, they are usually grilled. You often dip them into a honey mustard sauce. Once eating them after a regatta, I was surprised to see many of the locals peeling the casing away. I asked in English does one not just eat the condom?

The Germans were amused, fortunately.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:20:04 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline ML

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2018, 07:40:38 AM »
They are in fact quite tasty, they are usually grilled. You often dip them into a honey mustard sauce. Once eating them after a regatta, I was surprised to see many of the locals peeling the casing away. I asked in English does one not just eat the condom?

The Germans were amused, fortunately.

When I was in Egypt at museum, the guide showed first condoms made from sheep intestine.  And eventually he said, they even started removing from sheep before use.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boomstick77

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »
Last visit in Dnipropetrovsk me and the wife went to Anteka(pharmacy) to buy spermicide. They had an amazing deal on. 50% off the regular price..the reason? It was expired. I just scratched my head and thought..I’ve heard it all now. My wife was in tears laughing because I said that’s like buying condoms with holes in them but if they were half price then why not..they might still work. What a country but I love it.

Offline msmob

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2018, 08:22:47 AM »
That would be an аптека .. Apteka - in Russian / Ukrainian

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
"And eventually he said, they even started removing from sheep before use."

Once, there was a prosperous shepherd, who upon meeting a beautiful girl
decided to sell his flock
he didn't want to rear sheep any more

Offline jone

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »
Two little boys talking:  "I hear your mother has sex with goats."   Other little boy:  "Naaaaaaaaa".
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
"Two little boys talking:"

one little boy eventually moved away, but he hated to leave the other's behind...

Offline BdHvA

Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2018, 07:34:40 PM »
One pilgrim to the other:

"Do you know the Virgin of Mecca?"

Response "No"

"It is the goat that can run the fastest"
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Boethius

Re: Travel and Perceptions
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »
"Reproductive organ. You know, that thing you stop using after marriage ;) I once met this overly religious "evangelical" guy who said he "wasn't going to have sex before marriage"I was about to tell him he "won't have that much after marriage..."but I caught myself before I could say itand instead said, "that's a good idea, I'm sure you'll be glad you did later"then I smiledI really don't like religious people very much

I am (relatively) religious.  The better half is as well.  From a Christian perspective, he is no doubt a better person than am I. 

I know a number of Baptists and Mormons who also don't believe in premarital sex.   They are all, without exception, fine people.  All married very young, and have/had a lot of children.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:12:44 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2215
Total: 2225

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM