It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...  (Read 109085 times)

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »
I'm about 30 days out of a LONG over due trip to Eastern Europe and Ukraine.   If this was 3 years ago, I would start a BLOG and contribute essays to each twist and turn of my experience (Remember Kuna? Damn I loved that guy!)  It most certainly does seems appropriate that I offer a trip report after all the taking here, and little giving. I will be on the ground about 1.5 months. So, let this be the beginning:

First things first. PFFF - The Russian Language!  May as well be Martian.  Translation apps will help.  I do not want to dive deep into this language.  If I don't have 5 - 10 years (hard years most likely), it seems futile.  If anybody has good suggestions on where I can 50 - 100 common phrases, I'll make the flash cards.

Ironically, I am NOT excited about meeting anyone online, or romantically advancing this trip.  I don't believe that's the way this stuff works in reality.  SURE some guys get lucky.  Some blind squires find nuts too. 

I should mention for the sake of continuity, I have lived much of the last 4 years in the Caribbean, Central and South America.  Colombia mostly. I have met serious women at wife hunting events on a handful of occasions - I sort of blew them off.  I thought the women were too desperate to find a husband / better life.  Or, I thought the women had too much of an interviewer's disposition.  In colombia, I could take my time and learn the language and spend much time climbing the social latter.  There I began to find my own social equilibrium.  I don't think that will be the case with Hungary or Ukraine (but, I am open to the possibilities).

This feels more like a work trip; but, one that I am happy to take.  AND, this all feels terribly SOBER to me ... and that is probably a very good sign.

So, Russian Language Flash cards please?

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:10 PM »

Ironically, I am NOT excited about meeting anyone online, or romantically advancing this trip.  I don't believe that's the way this stuff works in reality.  SURE some guys get lucky.  Some blind squires find nuts too.

From this, it sounds like you are going to be the blind squirrel.   :o
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:56 PM »
I'm about 30 days out of a LONG over due trip to Eastern Europe and Ukraine.   If this was 3 years ago, I would start a BLOG and contribute essays to each twist and turn of my experience (Remember Kuna? Damn I loved that guy!)  It most certainly does seems appropriate that I offer a trip report after all the taking here, and little giving. I will be on the ground about 1.5 months. So, let this be the beginning:

First things first. PFFF - The Russian Language!  May as well be Martian.  Translation apps will help.  I do not want to dive deep into this language.  If I don't have 5 - 10 years (hard years most likely), it seems futile.  If anybody has good suggestions on where I can 50 - 100 common phrases, I'll make the flash cards.

I should mention for the sake of continuity, I have lived much of the last 4 years in the Caribbean, Central and South America.  Colombia mostly. I have met serious women at wife hunting events on a handful of occasions - I sort of blew them off.  I thought the women were too desperate to find a husband / better life.  Or, I thought the women had too much of an interviewer's disposition.  In colombia, I could take my time and learn the language and spend much time climbing the social latter.  There I began to find my own social equilibrium.  I don't think that will be the case with Hungary or Ukraine (but, I am open to the possibilities).

This feels more like a work trip; but, one that I am happy to take.  AND, this all feels terribly SOBER to me ... and that is probably a very good sign.

So, Russian Language Flash cards please?

45 days? Hell's bells. Talk about a LONG time. Whew. Good luck, man. Where specifically are you going, if I may ask? USD are the lingua franca over there. They all speak USD. The two most important words in Russki are NYET (**** off!) and DASVIDANIYA (Goodbye). You'll say that a lot to all the street beggars who accost you, especially the pigeon guys. www.russianforfree.com is a good free resource, though. And there are lots of free videos on youtube about basic stuff like, "Where is the bathroom?" (G-DYE TUAHLET)

From the title of your thread-it sounds like you are not only going there with zero expectations, but rather, a healthy dose of realism, too.  At first glance, I thought it was a thread about the rapper. LOL. Wish you the best, and looking forward to your trip report.
“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
From this, it sounds like you are going to be the blind squirrel.

NAW MAN - Most men get too jacked up IMO - like a fighter in a title match LOL  When a man makes a large commitment in time and money for a single purpose (finding a wife), and with high emotional expectations (need) ... sounds like a problem waiting to happen!  That is the masculine equivalent of a woman whose objective it is to leave the country first, finding a suitable man second.

Besides this is only my FIRST trip.  I have found that it takes a while to begin to understand a place, more time to meet good people and develop honest relationships.  I have to remind myself that I am still  a young man :)

I am not trying to find a wife at the speed of light.    Obviously there is many positives to consider about UW / RM for a variety of reasons.  I am interested, however, in Southern Spain (I have made a significant investment in the Spanish language); Romania, and I think I should take a look at other EE countries in the interests of being able to make a simple comparison.

Of course I would like to find a great lady that I can not live without.  But, I think it is best for this to be "honestly achieved" to give a little space and time to the process.    I am not "sad" being a bachelor, but it is obvious to me that a good marriage (and this is a very rare thing) offers a more complete life.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:52:47 AM by rivardco »

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:07:42 AM »
"Where specifically are you going, if I may ask?"

I am arriving and leaving from Vienna.  I have a little work to do with a client in Hungary and Slovakia. Budapest seems like a good city to be in for 10 days.   Then, train to Kiev where I will enlist the help of Jack Bragg to give me a world wind tour of Eastern Ukraine - 2.5 weeks.   

I still have 20 days with no particular plans after this.  I am not a big "site seeing" guy.  I do NOT care for capital cities. I much prefer a little edge and authenticity.  I enjoy travelling alone and meeting people spontaneously.  I find it hard to think that I would meet 100 women and NOT find somebody interesting.  I would much rather stay a week or two in any town in which find a woman of interest.

I am up for any suggestions on other locations BTW

While I travel, I do have to work / make client phone calls daily (some days I can work 2 - 3 hours   Other day 7 - 10.  Thank God for the internet.  I converted many of our company's system to "cloudware")
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:16:23 AM by rivardco »

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:49 AM »
Seems like you lead an interesting life Rivardco. What would happen if you met Mrs. Right ?

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:53:19 AM »
What would happen if you met Mrs. Right ?

I would have a DIFFERENT KIND OF interesting life - I would hope. 

Or, are you implying that a fun, interesting, stimulating, a little dangerous, and sexy life is impossible in the state of marriage?  Obviously, there would need to be adjustments - especially if kids where involved.  But, I do not subscribe to the notion that life - married, or otherwise - needs to be constant vanilla process of accumulation, always comfortable, and always predictable - without color and passion.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »

I would have a DIFFERENT KIND OF interesting life - I would hope. 

Or, are you implying that a fun, interesting, stimulating, a little dangerous, and sexy life is impossible in the state of marriage?  Obviously, there would need to be adjustments - especially if kids where involved.  But, I do not subscribe to the notion that life - married, or otherwise - needs to be constant vanilla process of accumulation, always comfortable, and always predictable - without color and passion.

It's a matter of preferences. You state that as if comfortable, predictable and vanilla is a bad thing. It isn't. One man's trash is another man's treasure. It doesn't make you right, or wrong. It just is what it is. Likely, I have no need for your particular brand of color or passion. I can't put in in my belly when I'm hungry or on my feet when when they're cold. It doesn't comfort me on cold nights.

Don't take this the wrong way Rivardco as it certainly isn't meant as a put down but, one common theme in most of your threads is "ME, ME, ME". There is probably more reasons than you'll admit as to why you are still single. Relationships take work, real work and comittment to someone other than "ME". If or when you meet Miss Right you might not recognize her if color and passion is your catalyst on everything you do. FWIW

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »
Everybody should know what they seek (few do I think)   And, everybody should find it. (fewer do I think)

Don't take this the wrong way Rivardco as it certainly isn't meant as a put down but, one common theme in most of your threads is "ME, ME, ME". There is probably more reasons than you'll admit as to why you are still single. Relationships take work, real work and commitment to someone other than "ME". If or when you meet Miss Right you might not recognize her if color and passion is your catalyst on everything you do. FWIW

Point well taken.  No offense.  I use this place more as an internal sounding board than social networking.

I do meet SELFISH boys when I travel, but they are 50 and 60 years old  HAHA.  I really do get what you are saying.  When I travel, I avoid most men from 1st world countries for the same reasons that you imply in your posts.

Why I am single right now ... while there are many reasons, the biggest being I have PARTIED and dated too many HOTTIES.  After my divorce, I thought I would take a year ... I took 3.  Also, the girls that have entered my life, and who i have treated more seriously, they were too young for me.  So, I have killed some time, but likely will have few regrets.

If I find someone worthy of the type of investment that you suggest, I would be happy to do so.  Will I be able to recognize such a person these days?  I do not know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:53:52 AM by rivardco »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:24:48 AM »

If I find someone worthy of the type of investment that you suggest, I would be happy to do so.  Will I be able to recognize such a person these days?  I do not know.

You're intelligent, worldly and seem to know what you seek but, the pursuit of perfection can lead you astray and camouflage what you really want. Before marrying my RW I was single over 17 years by choice. I had a lot of fun and my brand of color and passion but eventually, that became lonely even though I was not alone.

IIRC, you have never been to the FSW. Prepare they self. I have been literally around the world. I've been South of the border numerous times. Never to Columbia, mostly Mexico, Nicaragua and some farther South. I know of what you speak. Beautiful chicas everywhere but, cannot hold a candle to what you will find East. I've never been to Ukraine. All my experience is in Russia. I found most all women "approachable" and interested. So thick with beautiful, sexy women it is almost old hat. It will test you and how important beauty is over substance because there is plenty of each and both.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:09:19 AM »
There are Russian-speaking women all over Spain. 

In Almeria there are an estimated 25,000 Russians, they get work visas to come work in the agricultural cooperatives - someone has to pack clementines or tomatoes into the containers.  So much so, that there is a "Russian quarter" in the city I am told. 

Many women consider Spanish and Italian men to be good - one woman told me that Italians are considered closest in mentality to Russians, out of all Europeans. 

Definitely, mention that you are interested in settling near a warm ocean, such as the Mediterranean, should you need to spark some interest. 

Good luck - and thanks in advance for sharing some info about what you encounter.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
"Where specifically are you going, if I may ask?"

I am arriving and leaving from Vienna.  I have a little work to do with a client in Hungary and Slovakia. Budapest seems like a good city to be in for 10 days.   Then, train to Kiev where I will enlist the help of Jack Bragg to give me a world wind tour of Eastern Ukraine - 2.5 weeks.   

I still have 20 days with no particular plans after this.  I am not a big "site seeing" guy.  I do NOT care for capital cities. I much prefer a little edge and authenticity.  I enjoy travelling alone and meeting people spontaneously.  I find it hard to think that I would meet 100 women and NOT find somebody interesting.  I would much rather stay a week or two in any town in which find a woman of interest.

I am up for any suggestions on other locations BTW

While I travel, I do have to work / make client phone calls daily (some days I can work 2 - 3 hours   Other day 7 - 10.  Thank God for the internet.  I converted many of our company's system to "cloudware")

You are in good hands with Jack. I should have used his services for more than just apartments, travel arrangements, etc., but it sounds like you have prepared much better than I did for your first trip.

So I guess you are going to Lugansk and Kharkov? Hope you have much success. Have fun.   
“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »
Why in the world go further than Budapest?  Prague ain't bad either and only a few hundred klicks away.

Lovely ladies in both cities.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 02:13:27 PM »
Why in the world go further than Budapest?  Prague ain't bad either and only a few hundred klicks away.

No lo se?   I am a virgin here, primo:)

I am not seeking a out of this world trade-up in my dating life.  Hungary, Romania?  todos es posible!   I am with the understanding that Hungary is a terrible language on the ears.  I am  with the understanding that Romanian women are difficult to read (although I have never found this to be true).

We will see. I have much to see and learn.  But, the odd thing in all this is Latinas - Colombianas - never have made my heart race, EVER.  Meanwhile, on many chance encounters with women from Russia / Ukraine, the results were very different.  HMMM GO FIGURE ..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:19:03 PM by rivardco »

Offline BC

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

No lo se?   I am a virgin here, pimo:)

I am not seeking a out of this world trade-up in my dating life.  Hungary, Romania?  todos es posible!   I am with the understanding that Hungary is a terrible language on the ears.  I am  with the understanding that Romanian women are difficult to read (although I have never found this to be true).

We will see. I have much to see and learn.  But, the odd thing in all this is Latinas - Colombianas - never have made my heart race, EVER.  Meanwhile, on many chance encounters with women from Russia / Ukraine, the results were very different.  HMMM GO FIGURE ..

Maybe it's one of those 'greener on the other side' things...

I absolutely loved the Jerez / Cadiz Spain area.. can't count how many times I fell in lust...

Offline BC

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
HMMM GO FIGURE .

You know the answer to that... dig deeper.

Spend the same amount of time in FSU and you might well feel the same.. the local guys do so what makes you that different?

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 05:37:10 AM »
If I Dig Deeper, Gator will make fun of me for being too abstract and theoretical.  Too much inner dialouge and sharing decision making process reads a self obsessed and wishy washy:)   

I will try to keep this report fact based ;)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:22:58 AM by rivardco »

Offline Woodie

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »
Hi there!
I am Woodie's wife. If you would like to learn some phrases you can go to this site; www.book2.de . You can find a lot of languages there.

Offline Gator

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
If I Dig Deeper, Gator will make fun of me for being too abstract and theoretical. 

Being theoretical before the trip is better than being theatrical  after the trip.   :) 

I truly wish you a wonderful trip.   It sounds as if you are in good hands. 

I think it best to start these trips with few expectations about the women and no expectations for the outcome.   What will be, will be.

Keep an open mind about what you see.  Please don't get too complicated when talking with these women.  That can come later.  Enjoy yourself, don't be shy, be positive.  Also, show respect for Ukraine at all times; as you learned in Colombia many things that may seem odd are just different, neither better nor worse.   I tuly believe the old guideline that you will know when a RW likes you.

Perhaps you will feel that special attraction which keeps me hanging around RW.   Nevertheless, you may return thinking Colombian girls are better.

Your trip report should be insightful and entertaining.   

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
Language: Well, I spend an hour or so on the very nice language site recommended up thread.  The Russian language is not going to happen for me.   

Online BS:  I know it works for some, and Jack is great at steering you to more legitimate sites ... but, this whole online thing is PFFFF.  It is worse than that, I don't care to skim through the endless profiles looking for my Ms. Right. Lots of Photoshop!  I am VERY VERY different now than when I first found this site!  Back then, I would have already had imaginary weddings and children LOL   Nowadays, I am more realistic - and much less horny / needy. 

I am happy to have started working out and training again - very very lightly.  I hurt my back last July fighting (a hobby) and it is only now getting better.  In Colombia, I have to be prepared to be kidnapped.  This trip I understand I just need to be able to take an ass-whopping.  No hay problema

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
As far as learning Russian Language. I suggest making some friends locally who speak russian and practice with them as a daily routine. You will be surprised how fast you can pick it up

Also, RT has a great learning program on their website

http://learnrussian.rt.com/

The key here is to do it everyday, If you don't use it , you loose it..

Offline LAman

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »

No lo se?   I am a virgin here, primo:)

Did you mean No se ( I do not know) or No sabia ( I did not know)?  ;D
After living in spanish speaking country, many people become fluent in short time( less than year). Maybe language is not your forte, you are blessed with other talents.
And yes, russian is difficult language to learn......it can be frustrating....

Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 03:44:18 AM »
Language:  yes, it is true my Spanish still sucks HAHAH.  What is worse is that now my English spelling is terrible too.  When I am in an airport, hotel, or such ... Spanish speakers are happy to see I communicate AND I try and seem to truly enjoy the language.  That is the first goal.   Even Spanish, which is FAR easier than Russian, takes several years 3 - 4 for a adult to pick up VERY well (hearing, thinking, pronouncing, and feeling).   It is possible to get "vacation Spanish" in a couple months.  It seems much harder to get "vacation Russian" in a couple months.

ALSO, about meeting women online, I read my post from last night and I did not want to seem dismissive, or arrogant.  I just understand that if a woman is truly beautiful and eligible, she is not at home knitting waiting for my letter to change her life (and would I really want that in the first place?)  Beautiful women have choices - EVERYWHERE.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:53:01 AM by rivardco »

Offline Misha

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »
ALSO, about meeting women online, I read my post from last night and I did not want to seem dismissive, or arrogant.  I just understand that if a woman is truly beautiful and eligible, she is not at home knitting waiting for my letter to change her life (and would I really want that in the first place?)  Beautiful women have choices - EVERYWHERE.

You have never been to the FSU I presume. Sure beautiful women have choices, but they may not like the choices they meet on a daily basis and will seek new options. Some will turn to free Russian dating sites.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

You have never been to the FSU I presume. Sure beautiful women have choices, but they may not like the choices they meet on a daily basis and will seek new options. Some will turn to free Russian dating sites.
I was thinking this but didn't want to say anyting. You did it, Misha :) )
Tim, understand that even the beautiful women have to work long hours to make ends meet and keep their career going. many of them come home after a long day at work very tired and they just want to relax. If they are single most likely they will go on local dating sites to see if there is any one interesting to chat with. Sure you may meet some of these women ON WEEKENDS at places like book stores, art galleries, museums, theaters, cafes, night clubs, etc. But dismissing dating sites all together is a mistake IMO.
realrussianmatch.com

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM