It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues  (Read 31687 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2017, 12:45:26 AM »

I'm not a mod.
Havn't been for some time.

Call me 'observant' - not - SORRY, Jumper..But it was a cry to any Mod

As minor if thread drift as ever occurs.
I would not care if it's all deleted,
but if it disrupted basically 3 people talking about Brexit,
 Sporadically, while giving side shots at US politics,
It sure isn't the end of the world.
You guys have better things to fuss over here I'm sure.

I TRY to only comment on 'Tramp' when he does another stupid thing that affects the world/ UK Citizens born in nations he may try to ban.

I'm not perfect, but THIS thread has f'all to do with him .

If anyone wants to disagree with us committing suicide - welcome ! .

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
The entire EU thing was not set up or utilized properly.

I used to export to EU.
Had several distributors across it.
UK, Denmark, Germany, France, and Luxembourg.
Once taxed  imported into one, the product could then go to others .
Since Luxembourgs vat rate was lower the bulk went thru there.
  I never understood why the rates coukd vary so much, but it did make me wonder if that's why Luxembourg holds a pile of import firms and millionaires.

My UK customers paid a premium in comparison, so oft woukd choose to purchase through Luxembourg dist. Vs the UK firm.

Are import export taxes part of the interest in Brexit?

Offline JayH

17 years without a raise? Welcome to Brexit Britain
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2017, 06:55:33 PM »
Remarkably it seems the same type of lower income demographic  that was dumb enough to elect Trump in the US  and then find that Trump's tax cuts were in fact an increase in taxes for them   --- is the same people who voted for Brexit in the UK !!
Of course -- in both cases the cause was helped along by the Kremlin disinformation and lies .

Before Moby gets all excited about "his" Brexit thread being diverted -- maybe now  you see the connection>

In both cases -- I seriously doubt both Trump and Brexit  would be with us today if the constituents realised it was directly going to hit their hip pockets !  In both cases the success hinged on the ignorance of the people who voted.

Even on this forum-- it is evident  that the dumbarses supported Brexit and Trump.!! :cluebat:

17 years without a raise? Welcome to Brexit Britain

British workers could go nearly two decades without a real pay raise due to the country's economic decline.
That's the key takeaway from two influential reports published just a day after the U.K. Treasury admitted that a weaker outlook for growth -- exacerbated by Brexit -- meant Britain had fallen out of the world's top five economies.
The Resolution Foundation, a non-partisan think tank, said that average earnings, when adjusted for inflation, are likely to stay below the level they hit before the global financial crisis until the start of 2025. That means 17 years without a pay hike.
Powered by SmartAsset.com

The Institute for Fiscal Studies, the country's leading independent economic research institute, gave a similarly dire warning.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/23/news/economy/brexit-pay-raise-britain/index.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

Re: 17 years without a raise? Welcome to Brexit Britain
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 09:41:45 PM »
Remarkably it seems the same type of lower income demographic  that was dumb enough to elect Trump in the US  and then find that Trump's tax cuts were in fact an increase in taxes for them 

Can't really happen because the lower income folks in USA already pay zero Federal Income taxes.  And in many cases they get a payout from the IRS when they file.

And it's pretty funny when the left wingers cry that most of the decrease in taxes will go to those in highest brackets.

How can those in lower income brackets get a decrease in taxes when they don't pay any to begin with?

This has been reported here numerous times . . . apparently to no avail.

In 2012, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers (69.2 million filers) paid 97.2 percent of all income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.8 percent.

http://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2015-update/
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
Can't really happen because the lower income folks in USA already pay zero Federal Income taxes.  And in many cases they get a payout from the IRS when they file.

And it's pretty funny when the left wingers cry that most of the decrease in taxes will go to those in highest brackets.

How can those in lower income brackets get a decrease in taxes when they don't pay any to begin with?

This has been reported here numerous times . . . apparently to no avail.

In 2012, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers (69.2 million filers) paid 97.2 percent of all income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.8 percent.

ML  --really?

Those earning between   $10  &  $70K a year will see a  tax increase .Common sense would say that these are the people that need a cut-- not an increase  .
Now in case you have recently joined the throng of ...... ........   ........ .........  etc--   that is what the actuarial  accounting examination of the proposal says .
I note -- you quote some stats  to support your incorrect base argument -like this --"Can't really happen because the lower income folks in USA already pay zero Federal Income taxes."   -- do you really believe that people who earn less than you don't pay tax?

Or this "And it's pretty funny when the left wingers cry that most of the decrease in taxes will go to those in highest brackets."  -- are you disputing that in $ terms that this group will be the biggest beneficiaries?  Duh !!

Really -- grow up.Get a dose of reality.Some of your posts reflects appalling ignorance of your own system-- and more importantly-- shows you have not studied who will benefit and who will lose under the proposal.Time to watch and read something outside of Fox   !!

My point if I have to spell it out-- it was the low income bracket people support that got the idiot Trump elected ! You get it yet-they shot themselves in both feet in believing in Trump.

You think I am a left winger? Geez I love labels from those who are incapable of thinking and seeing the obvious .Others are far more patient and tolerant  of the sort of ignorance you display here ( you are not alone--plenty of others here do it repeatedly) and bother to post the numbers-- my view- go find them yourself  and think before posting some inanely inaccurate incorrect philosophical position you hold.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 02:36:59 AM »

And the bottom 50% earn what? under 30k per year with 12% at or below poverty level?  That's the real issue.

Meanwhile, UK is looking at historic low growth rates the next couple years at least, a rise in prices for imports and no tax relief or low-tax regime.  Not to mention near parity for GBP vs EUR, inflation already kicking in, interest rates with nowhere to go but up and a big question mark for costs of realigning everything post-Brexit.  I'd be a bit worried, it's almost scary.

Gonna be hell when reality sets in.

Offline ML

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 09:29:24 AM »
Quote from: ML on Yesterday at 11:41:45 PM

And the bottom 50% earn what? under 30k per year with 12% at or below poverty level?  That's the real issue.

You are right.

Some here don't believe that millions of adults in USA pay zero Federal Income  taxes.  But  it is true . . . so those folks  by definition cannot get a reduction in their Federal Taxes.

Those the best hope for those at the bottom is that the economy will grow when tax relief is provided to businesses and high earners with money to invest.

Something that may fly in congress is a provision that businesses which benefit from a lower tax bill will raise wages of blue color workers by X percent.

But first the liberals here, in the press and on the talk shows have got to get over screaming that the low income people are not getting their taxes lowered.  Can't lower something below zero.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JayH

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »

But first the liberals here, in the press and on the talk shows have got to get over screaming that the low income people are not getting their taxes lowered.  Can't lower something below zero.

ML -- my comment WAS NOT about low income earners getting a reduction ---- BUT AN INCREASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said --you need to read what was said and stop looking at issues with a preconceived set position.

Now -- go back and read what I actually said again.

Offline msmob

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »

Are import export taxes part of the interest in Brexit?

Naturally... if there is no deal - 'we' will be on the 'emergency' trade tariff rates ... e.g 10 percent for cars, spares, etc.   

I can just see Honda, Nissan, BMW and Toyota further investing in the UK plants - if there are tariffs (

The golden goose of financial services is already looking at upping sticks and moving to Ireland, L'bourg, etc.

Remember. 'we' were sold on Brexit bringing 'savings'  :deadhorse:

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »
Naturally... if there is no deal - 'we' will be on the 'emergency' trade tariff rates ... e.g 10 percent for cars, spares, etc.   

I can just see Honda, Nissan, BMW and Toyota further investing in the UK plants - if there are tariffs (

The golden goose of financial services is already looking at upping sticks and moving to Ireland, L'bourg, etc.

Remember. 'we' were sold on Brexit bringing 'savings'  :deadhorse:

If the car manufacturers invest further in UK plants to avoid import tariffs then Brexit & the tariffs would have done the job they set out to do of bringing UK jobs for UK workers :D

I know there was the announcement a couple of weeks or so ago of the European Banking Organisation moving to Paris. To me this is welcome news the City crowd in London have menaced this country for too long. They take an all too dominant position on the policies of government, make no recogniseable positive impact to the lives of the general population in the UK and plunged this convey into economic chaos every decade or so, i.e credit crunch, ERM, stock market speculation & crashes, etc.

I think bidding ridden to the 'joys' of the free market will be a good thing for us.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »
If the car manufacturers invest further in UK plants to avoid import tariffs then Brexit & the tariffs would have done the job they set out to do of bringing UK jobs for UK workers :D

What ARE you talking about ? - IF there was a 'hard Brest' and no deal - remembering the quickest trade tariff deals take nearly a decade and 'we' have less than two years - the Japes, Germans - etc - will be paying duty on components going in and 'we' will pay on the assembled cars going out - what a waste of time, resources and money...bearing in mind the goods move freely, now.

I know there was the announcement a couple of weeks or so ago of the European Banking Organisation moving to Paris. To me this is welcome news the City crowd in London have menaced this country for too long. They take an all too dominant position on the policies of government, make no recogniseable positive impact to the lives of the general population in the UK and plunged this convey into economic chaos every decade or so, i.e credit crunch, ERM, stock market speculation & crashes, etc.

Are you so clueless about EVERYTHING you post ? ! ... London, was THE Euro trading centre and in jobs alone - the loss will be 4000 VERY well paid staff - who will be elsewhere - and their salaries and bonuses - will benefit  other local business elsewhere, too

If you HAD a clue - you'd realise that many financial services industries have their top programmers in Ireland Germany, Luxembourg, et al paving the way for a move out of London .... :deadhorse:

I think bidding ridden to the 'joys' of the free market will be a good thing for us.

No, that WILL not happen - esp. not in the near future -... ALL that will happen is we will lose voting rights, and pay compo to a club that will be losing jobs to - and having to obey the rules they make to trade there

Please tell me how this makes sense or is 'saving' money ?

Ah, you WILL be able to control all those 'terrible Poles' from coming and working better for less ... ((
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:11:35 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2017, 03:58:42 AM »
What ARE you talking about ? - IF there was a 'hard brexit' and no deal - remembering the quickest trade tariff deals take nearly a decade and 'we' have less than two years - the Japs, Germans - etc - will be paying duty on components going in and 'we' are the assembled cars going out - what a waste of time and money...bearing in mind the goods move freely, now.

Are you so clueless about EVERYTHING you post ? ! ... London, was THE Euro trading centre and in jobs alone - the loss will be 4000 VERY well paid staff - who will be elsewhere - and their salaries and bonuses - will benefit  other local business elsewhere, too

If you HAD a clue - you'd realise that many financial services industries have their top programmers in Ireland Germany, Luxembourg, et al paving the way for a move out of London .... :deadhorse:

No, that WILL not happen - esp. not in the near future -... ALL that will happen is we will lose voting rights, and pay compo to a club that will be losing jobs to - and having to obey the rules they make to trade there

Please tell me how this makes sense or is 'saving' money ?

Ah, you WILL be able to control all those 'terrible Poles' from coming and working better for less ... ((

Mobe the likes of BMW ate not going to make cars here to ship back to try country they are based in. They will just turn their plants to making their model range for the UK market. We will actually make more money from tariffs and more trade comes in from the EU than goes out. That's a lot of money for the government to pay down our debt and fund our services. Companies such as Glaxo Smith Kline & big car manufacturers make tons of money they don't need what amount to a money off coupon funded by poor taxpayers. That is essentially what is happening under free trade.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 04:13:06 AM »
Dear Trench,

Suggest you read up on the proportion of BMWs, Jap brands made and exported from the UK..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
What ARE you talking about ? - IF there was a 'hard Brest' and no deal - remembering the quickest trade tariff deals take nearly a decade and 'we' have less than two years -

NAFTA took 5 years

You assume the worst and that everyone involved are idiots.
Germany's economy would go in a tailspin if they didn't slap
together a trade deal. They could easily make a one year deal
and extend it as necessary while they cobble together their own
deal.

The stupid EU type trade deals which specify how big the holes
on Waffles should be or how the slaughter process of pigs used
in pepperoni and the color and chemical content of painted lines
on the highways take 10 years.

It's sheer stupidity for countries to make deals like those.
Those deals give idiots in another country power to get involved
in every minute detail of everyone's lives and they work daily to
get more involved.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:48:19 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:29 PM »
NAFTA took 5 years

'Really' ! ?

From Reagan's announcement of the concept (1979) to it's signing ( 1994) seems a LOT longer than 5 years ;)

You assume the worst and that everyone involved are idiots.

Hmm...could it be that many ARE ?

Germany's economy would go in a tailspin if they didn't slap
together a trade deal. They could easily make a one year deal
and extend it as necessary while they cobble together their own
deal.

Beel, you just do not get it ... these deals do not happen over-night - then there's the implementation...

The stupid EU type trade deals which specify how big the holes
on Waffles should be or how the slaughter process of pigs used
in pepperoni and the color and chemical content of painted lines
on the highways take 10 years.

I don't know WHERE you 'researched' that gem of nonsense.. but we certainly have more controls over the crap that goes in our food than you do !

It's sheer stupidity for countries to make deals like those.
Those deals give idiots in another country power to get involved
in every minute detail of everyone's lives and they work daily to
get more involved.

No..now you're confusing Federalism with common trade rules.. 

As it stands, now the UK govt is in disarray. It's 'plans' for 'Brexit' are a shambles and as I predicted - N.Ireland would be the stumbling block - with the added spice that Theresa May's STUPID decision to call an election - where she lost seats and now needs the N.Ireland MPs to survive.

It looks like the UK may well have to find a way to stay in the Single market - as goods will simply go via IRL to NI and in the 'back door' - as there simply cannot be any 'customs' checking from one part of the UK to another

This 'Brexit' was going to save us money - that was the biggest fib... and now we stand a chance of the govt falling and a proper Socialist leader - that will take us back to the dark ages (

The only option is to bin May - get a new leader - quick and put this farse to bed

Offline Jumper

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2017, 10:22:49 PM »
...don't know WHERE you 'researched' that gem of nonsense.. but we certainly have more controls over the crap that goes in our food than you do !

As far as trade and tariff regs, I've dealt with it some.
I believe what Bill is referencing is similar to the idiotic
concept and political manuevering that lumps things like beef imported to EU, and an Austrian, or Swedish,  motorcycle above "x" cc's exported to the USA,  having absolutely no correlation other than retaliatory knee jerk B.S. by both sides of the equation. That kind of wackiness goes on daily almost on everything from paperclips to bulldozer bits
And while the non elected bureaucrats dwaddle in every affair to justify their jobs,they put small business owners out of biz over factors completely unrelated to their business or industry.
  Just watched it happen this past few months.I have a meeting with legislature in Springfield,il  Friday over it.
Yes I feel EU has every right to regulate what beef it imports, it is the USA retaliation on several  completely unrelated EU based products that's asisnine. But its one example of the foolishness of such tariff maneuvering that occurs way too often.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:16:53 AM by Jumper »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 07:48:43 AM »

Beel, you just do not get it ... these deals do not happen over-night - then there's the implementation...

I don't know WHERE you 'researched' that gem of nonsense.. but we certainly have more controls over the crap that goes in our food than you do !

Animal slaughter
In October 2017, the Commission concluded a study on the "Preparation of best practices on the protection of animals at the time of killing".
http://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/ea4ef3e9-cda5-11e7-a5d5-01aa75ed71a1/language-en

In October 2017, the Commission concluded a study on the "Welfare of farmed fish: Common practices during transport and slaughter".
http://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/facddd32-cda6-11e7-a5d5-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-49981830

Moby,

They don't have an option of taking ten years so they will do something
temporary. You are doing the chicken little thing again.

You are just like the Democrats regarding Trump. They lost, they don't
get a do-over for 4 years. Setting your hair on fire isn't going to solve
things.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
Animal slaughter
In October 2017, the Commission concluded a study on the "Preparation of best practices on the protection of animals at the time of killing".
http://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/ea4ef3e9-cda5-11e7-a5d5-01aa75ed71a1/language-en

In October 2017, the Commission concluded a study on the "Welfare of farmed fish: Common practices during transport and slaughter".
http://publications.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/facddd32-cda6-11e7-a5d5-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF/source-49981830

I don't think those studies are beyond the pale.  The same exists in North America, and why shouldn't it?  Shouldn't animals be slaughtered humanely?

Farm fishing practices are important, primarily in stopping the spread of disease, and in ensuring farmed fish do not escape netting, as they can wreak havoc on wild stock.  For an example, see the escape of farmed salmon from British Columbia fish farms.

They don't have an option of taking ten years so they will do something
temporary. You are doing the chicken little thing again.

I don't think the issue is the loss.  It is that no one was told what the real costs would be, and no one anticipated issues with Northern Ireland.  Given the bloodshed this particular issue has caused the UK in the past, this is not an insignificant issue, and it may be what scuttles Brexit.
You are just like the Democrats regarding Trump. They lost, they don't get a do-over for 4 years. Setting your hair on fire isn't going to solve things. Udachi!Bill

Don't take Breitbart so seriously.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:20:45 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 03:21:00 PM »
That's the thing with the Remainers (i.e Moby) Bill they just can't accept that they lost - though of course they don't get to do a do over in four years time, lol.

Brexit is basically here to stay, the slim Tory majority means they cannot alienate the Tory Leave section of the party which is basically the leadership & cabinet, etc. No one cares what the likes of Ken Clarke say these days as recent votes have shown he and the odd few Tory Remain MP'S are isolated and alone. The rest of the party has fallen behind the government. The country has voted for and is expecting Brexit.

Even with the slim loss in the referendum the Remain side cannot say they have a mandate to stay in the EU. Having 50 percent of the country voting to leave is too big a proportion of the country to ignore.

Were pretty much most of the way there now anyway, just the Brexit bill to finish off passing and conclusion of EU negotiations. I think a lot of objection to Brexit throughout the EU is down to the fact that if/when the UK leaves it produces a blueprint as to how other nations can do it. If the UK is seen to do as good as or better than under the EU other nations & it's people may start to consider leaving too.

I personally think the concept of the EU is a good idea if is just poorly executed. There should still be some controls over immigration and the EU should be under the control of its member nations not trying to control is member nations and form a European government. That's not what we want nor originally signed up to.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
Were pretty much most of the way there now anyway, just the Brexit bill to finish off passing and conclusion of EU negotiations. I think a lot of objection to Brexit throughout the EU is down to the fact that if/when the UK leaves it produces a blueprint as to how other nations can do it. If the UK is seen to do as good as or better than under the EU other nations & it's people may start to consider leaving too.

Are you really almost there?  The Tories can't pass legislation without DUP.

I don't think it could be a blueprint for other nations.  What other EU nations provide Germany and France with the levels of trade the UK does?  The UK has leverage other European nations do not have.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Not an expert here . . . but I expect a Brexit 'do over' vote with the public soon.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2017, 04:40:40 PM »
Not an expert here . . . but I expect a Brexit 'do over' vote with the public soon.

I know Moby, the EU & Lib Dems (remember them  ;D ) plus some of Labour, Tony Blair, Ed Miliband, Remain activists, etc Have tried to argue this way ever since the referendum. I would be very surprised though and think it highly unlikely. Main reason it would threaten to make the situation worse not better. Imagine if Remain won by whatever margin, the Leave crowd would cry foul, they might then ask for a third referendum - best out of three? Lol. So it would solve nothing, the Tory party would be split, UKIP would be back in business taking votes of both Tories & Labour and whether we leave the EU would be a burning issue & distraction for years to come. Worst case scenario much social unrest.

Similarly we probably won't get a referendum on the agreement reached. This is a conundrum for both leave & remain. Remain looks like they would want it as a rerun of the referendum result. Leave would want to check that we ate not signing up to any ludicrous deal where we would pay the EU vast sums of money for free trade agreement for years to come when free trade benefits them just as much as us, if not more so.

Personally I think a rerun/referendum of any sort is of the table on this one. It will be decided & voted on in parliament and any element of the deal too extreme for either side will force Thereasa's hand to a moderate position. She will not want to alienate her own supporters the Tory Brexiteers they are crucial to her. The rest of the Tory party on the more pro EU side will not upset the apple cart if there is some sort of reasonable trade agreement, they know the way the wind is blowing and it's towards Brexit so they won't kick up a lot of fuss.

Offline msmob

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »

I don't think the issue is the loss.  It is that no one was told what the real costs would be, and no one anticipated issues with Northern Ireland.  Given the bloodshed this particular issue has caused the UK in the past, this is not an insignificant issue, and it may be what scuttles Brexit.

Don't take Breitbart so seriously.

1/ Au contraire - 'we' were told that there'd be 'savings' of £350 million a week - a big red Leave bus made this their campaign slogan ... It was believed by sheeple voting 'leave'  - it 'forgot' sizeable rebates the UK had negotiated ( Thanks Mrs T and J. Major)

2/ The people of N.Ireland did anticipate - voting 'remain' - and I pointed this out long before the referendum.

3/ Well, Mrs May tried to slip in an 'agreement' giving N.Ireland a status that would allow it to remain part of the European Single market and freedom of movement for EU citizens - but that would mean effectively that it's people would have to show passports to go to the mainland ?!

Beel is simply demonstrating that he listens to a rather ignorant Mancunian - who doesn't like to be proven incorrect - with the Chicken Licken reference;)  The 'leave' campaign - successfully 'mocked' the remainers - calling such bleeding obvious scenarios ' project fear' ...

They are -mostly- already FACT... and we haven't even left, yet !

We are heading for a scenario where the deal David Cameron negotiated - and was pilloried for - will be FAR better than we end up with..

With 'respect' - there is a LOT of ignorant guff posted about 'Brexit' and not always by non-Brits; )

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2017, 11:12:43 PM »
Makes me laugh when some people say N.Ireland or Scotland voted remain in the referendum. Point being is that it was a national vote there was no regional vote on the matter. Votes may have been tallied up by region bit the vote was a national one. Cambridge for example voted remain but the vote overall is the only one that counts. Breaking it down by region is just ridiculous.

The single most issue people voted out was immigration from Eastern Europe. Before Blair lectin that crowd which he did not have to do but only to satisfy his ego the majority of people in the UK were in favour of the EU by a long way, perhaps only 20 percent if that supported leaving, UKIP and any talk of leaving were a joke. East European immigration was where Remain lost it. Why because it caused a massive strain on the already short supply of houses and caused a housing crises. The ears of the EU were completely oblivious to this. They give money to poorer members to help out their economy but they don't give assistance to rich economics who are experiencing housing severity caused by their freedom of movement policy. The people of Britain minus Moby said no we are not going to go on suffering this cr*p that the EU seemed to feel it perfectly acceptable for us to endure. We said we want to take back control of our borders and shut this problem out.

Every year the population of the UK increases by a large town/small city because of this east European immigration. We can't build a large town/small city to accommodate them each year. The problem is most acute in the south of England and this is where a lot of the Leave vote came from. We really didn't give a toss for Dave Cameron 's deal, the rebate or any other issue about whether it would save us money, etc. It was EU east European migration that was the real concern and what really won it for the Leave side.

Offline msmob

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2017, 04:46:29 AM »
Makes me laugh when some people say N.Ireland or Scotland voted remain in the referendum. Point being is that it was a national vote there was no regional vote on the matter. Votes may have been tallied up by region bit the vote was a national one. Cambridge for example voted remain but the vote overall is the only one that counts. Breaking it down by region is just ridiculous.

Trench, this region of the UK has the power to bring down HMG - so - unlike you - I AM aware of relevance of parts of the UK objecting to being second class citizens and having to be subject to customs / border checks when travelling within the UK

The single most issue people voted out was immigration from Eastern Europe.

This always tickles me .. the very guys bemoaning such immigration looking to bring in a wife from further east ?..  Does your irony filter not twitch ever so slightly ? ..

The people of Britain minus Moby said no we are not going to go on suffering this cr*p that the EU seemed to feel it perfectly acceptable for us to endure. We said we want to take back control of our borders and shut this problem out.

51-49 meant a lot of Moby's and the people voted on leaving the EU - not HOW .....  YOU say the biggest concern was E.European migrants - I think you'll find that folks fell for the 'savings' and control  bollox

Every year the population of the UK increases by a large town/small city because of this east European immigration. We can't build a large town/small city to accommodate them each year. The problem is most acute in the south of England and this is where a lot of the Leave vote came from. We really didn't give a toss for Dave Cameron 's deal, the rebate or any other issue about whether it would save us money, etc. It was EU east European migration that was the real concern and what really won it for the Leave side.

Well, even of you were correct - which you aren't - as usual - The vote made foreigners as welcome as farts in a space-suit and are leaving of their own accord and will be leaving in bigger numbers when the financial golden goose in London - which also voted to remain - ( it is in the south, right ? ) - starts loosing jobs..

The midlands and north voted to leave..  even the Nissan workers in he NE - like Turkeys - voted for xmas

Really, there was no need to keep proving the one stat that isn't disputed ... smarter, better educated folks voted to remain

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1893
Total: 1904

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM