It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Commodore Steve Agency  (Read 2212 times)

Offline CaptB

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Commodore Steve Agency
« on: October 01, 2016, 05:22:28 AM »
This may be a shot-in-the-dark.....but I am trying to find "old web pages" relating to Commodore Steve agency. Actually I don't remember the "official" title of the agency. "Steve" was around in the mid 90's.....to about 2003 when he sold his agency. He had offices in: Stavropol, Krasnodar, Samara, Moscow.....and a few other cities in Russia. He referred to himself as......"Commodore Steve". Why the interest in locating these "old" web pages ?.............."fun & entertainment".

In late 1997 when I became aware of FSU/W phenomenon........I first came across the website "A Pretty Women". Then came "European Connections". I ordered a "free" sample video from EC.......which had brief interviews with about 50 RW's......aged 18-40+. I never "paid" for (VHS) tapes......eventually they seemed to send them automatically. I was planning a month-long trip to Australia at the time.....in 1999. I was not interested in finding a Russian wife. These services (that I came across accidentally).....seemed to bombard you......once you, even marginally, responded to them. I eventually decided after visiting Australia.......Russia would be next. I was now reading posts on the old RWG (Russian Women Guide).....not to find a wife.....but in planning for my next trip......to Russia.

I met a guy on the forum who only lived 50 miles from me....in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I lived in Marquette.....he lived in Escanaba. He had joined a RW dating/marriage agency called "LifeTime Partners" in California & Tver, Russia. He was to be making his third trip to see someone he had been dating.....in Tver. At this time.......there were dozens of dating/marriage agencies in Russia. On the old RWG......3 were universally acknowledged.....as being on the up-and-up (yes there were others)........they were LifeTime Partners in Tver, Russia (and California, USA).........MAKSIM Agency in Yoshkar Ola, Russia (Max was a really genuinely great guy...with a very good agency)........and Comodore Steve's Agency.......an American....living mainly in Stavropol, Russia. These were the big three.....only LifeTime Partners still exist.

Why the fascination with Commodore Steve ? Every Friday night Chuck (from Escanaba) and I would meet for dinner. One week at my place.....one week at his place.
Chuck make a killer lasagna. I would bring about a half-dozen pieces of garlic bread from a local Italian restaurant called "Villa Capris". Their food was average....for Italian......but their garlic bread was chewy, heavy..........fantastic!!! The best I have ever had. If it were my turn......I would cook spaghetti, chicken cordon bleu....or several other specials. I am a good cook......but Chuck's lasagna........was my favorite.

The highlight of our night was Chuck's LTP videos of "new" RW........and the visiting Commodore Steve's website. It was better than going to the bars.......believe me.
Although I was never "initially" looking for an RW partner......it became a part of my next vacation....in Russia. I wish I had the old VHS tapes from LTP & European Connections......they are a part of history. Commodore Steve had a (primordial) blog of sorts. An open discussion with his "customers/clients". Steve was always protective of his RW clients.....but in discussions with male clients....it was always "real". Reading the posts from (male) clients.....and sometimes the RW themselves......was just great entertainment........a great Friday nite out. It made looking for an RW serious work......respectful........but also "fun". Most of this adventure......was mostly.....................fun. My only real criticism of RWD is.......lots of talk.......about subjects "other"than........finding a partner. RWG was much more "focussed".....in this respect.......than RWD. Commodore Steve......added the "fun"........and entertainment......of this process.

I am hoping for "historical value".......and "entertainment value".......that one of you computer geeks.......with skills more advanced than mine.....can resurrect some of these old web pages.

1) Commodore Steve
2) Dating/marriage agency (Russian...but Steve may have had an office in Kiev....but not sure.
3) At least 10995 to 2003 (in existence)
4) City offices in (Russia): Stavropol, krasnodar, Samara, Moscow (these are for sure.....but I believe he had offices in a few other (Russian) cities......and possibly Kiev, Ukraine

Thanks for your help.

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline CaptB

Re: Commodore Steve Agency
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:43:34 AM »
I was hoping some "computer Geeks" would come forward and search some "old" webpages for a little entertainment. The search would be webpages for "Commodore Steve"......maybe 1997 - 2003. Very entertaining agency website. I am not a computer "geek"......maybe someone can help out here. these are defunct pages that no longer exist. Thanks for your help.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
Capt B,
Since I was around back then (helped mod RWG) ,
I remember a lot of old stuff like the st johns list etc.

My best guess at getting old archived web pages is use the way back machine.

Generally if it was out on the web , there's an archive of it somewhere and that's a tool to find  it.

http://archive.org/web/

Offline CaptB

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »
Thanks AJ
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 04:15:51 PM »
I was hoping some "computer Geeks" would come forward and search some "old" webpages for a little entertainment. The search would be webpages for "Commodore Steve"......maybe 1997 - 2003. Very entertaining agency website. I am not a computer "geek"......maybe someone can help out here. these are defunct pages that no longer exist. Thanks for your help.

If you have the actual domain name I can use waybackmachine to restore the site if it has been archived.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
Unfortunately....I can not remember the agencies exact name. Years ago someone used "wayback" to locate his site. We just always called it "Commodore Steve". Maybe some other "geezer" will come forward who remembers the agency's exact name.

Capt B
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:11:24 PM by CaptB »
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334