It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 80217 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:56 AM »
I won’t bother quoting all the nonsense from your last post.
Suffice to say you have form on this and other fora at being argumentative to the nth degree on just about everything.
It’s pointless arguing about this with a shill like you.  :cluebat:

Brexit is going to happen and you’ll be dragged kicking and screaming to the exit along with the rest of your remainer mob.
I can’t wait.

:D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #326 on: September 26, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »
This is what Mobers and a lot of Remainers don't understand and what I have tried explain to him. Up till now aside from the US etc guys on here I have been the only UK guy arguing for Leave. Since John Gaunt joined this forum I see he also argues for Leave. That is repeated up and down the country. There are people like ourselves that will always staunchly support Leave or in Moby's case Remain.

Barring any decisive event unfolding that looks set to stay to be the situation.

Arguing for a second referendum before we have left and a good few years has passed to see how we fare alters nothing. It just locks us into an ever increasing and ever bitter divide. Any vote on favour of a customs union or to rejoin the EU before we leave would plunge us into turmoil, the ones like us are not going to go away we would feel agrieved by not being allowed to leave as we voted for. Leave supporters are not as vocal as Remain supporters at the moment but that would change in an instant if it looked like we were going to be denied the chance to leave. Leave support remains pretty much the same and it would be stupidity to ditch ourselves in an even longer term argument to Leave/Remain than exists already.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:49:04 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
I think it must be said also that Leave offers us the opportunity to become very prosperous as a nation. The EU only see countries successful as the UK as something to control for their purposes - revenue to build their EU Empire. If/when we take back control we can use all our revenue to build our nation, not other East European nations or the EU state apparatus as a whole. It already looks like we could well place ourselves to be strong global traders and prosper as a result rather than be a beaten down captive nation of the EU.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:50:53 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline John Gaunt

• Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »
This is what Mobers and a lot of Remainers don't understand and what I have tried explain to him. Up till now aside from the US etc guys on here I have been the only UK guy arguing for Leave. Since John Gaunt joined this forum I see he also argues for Leave. That is repeated up and down the country. There are people like ourselves that will always staunchly support Leave or in Moby's case Remain.

Barring any decisive event unfolding that looks set to stay to be the situation.

Arguing for a second referendum before we have left and a good few years has passed to see how we fare alters nothing. It just locks us into an ever increasing and ever bitter divide. Any vote on favour of a customs union or to rejoin the EU before we leave would plunge us into turmoil, the ones like us are not going to go away we would feel agrieved by not being allowed to leave as we voted for. Leave supporters are not as vocal as Remain supporters at the moment but that would change in an instant if it looked like we were going to be denied the chance to leave. Leave support remains pretty much the same and it would be stupidity to ditch ourselves in an even longer term argument to Leave/Remain than exists already.
Oh looky who’s back!!
Where have you been, Trenchy? Hiding somewhere or on another trip to some FSU backwater to test your dating theories?   :deadhorse:

There’s not much I have in common with you apart from being a Leaver.
Moby doesn’t understand the depth of feeling amongst leavers.
He has no affinity for this great nation and amply demonstrates so by constantly reminding us of how he has an Irish passport.
You’re welcome to it Moby, buy a one way ticket wont you?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #329 on: September 26, 2018, 02:12:54 PM »
Oh looky who’s back!!
Where have you been, Trenchy? Hiding somewhere or on another trip to some FSU backwater to test your dating theories?   :deadhorse:

The latter of course! ;D

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
EU Issues
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »

It’s pointless arguing about this with a shill like you. 

Oooh, so I'm 'paid' to post my opinion ?;) ...

Brexit is going to happen and you’ll be dragged kicking and screaming to the exit along with the rest of your remainer mob.
I can’t wait.

[/quote]

It is indeed going to happen  - and the harder it is the more quickly it will be reversed ... by our kids ..

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:05 PM »
Who really cares about Labour patting themselves on the back and hoora-ing. It isn’t going to happen. Worst case scenario, another GE.
We won’t be denied on this issue and anyone who thinks otherwise aka Moby, is in for a bigger shock.

Poor 'ol JG,

Just like our Trench ... who also has't got a scoobie doo,...Moby has a foot in both camps and confident the border between the EU and the UK will remain a change in the asphalt used and road markings as those WITH a clue know the 'Democratic' Union Party can and will bring any govt down trying to implement a no deal scenario ...

My feet either side of the border on the old Belfast to Dublin Road, yesterday .. Left foot in UK and right in the Republic !

The photo is looking north from the Republic and the ONLY difference to be observed is the road markings ... On the dual carriage-way a sign warns of speed limits being in MPH / KM/h respectively and a welcome to the respective counties .....NO UK govt can try to change that ... and survive - which is why *I* remain confident as to who will end up being in shock ...

BTW, I think I may have found the cheapest Diesel in the UK - a farm shop dispensing fuel on the border.. for 1.21 Euro / litre  = £1.05 / litre on 26th Sept 2018...  It's about 1.34 Euro / litre in the Republic and c.£1.27 / litre in the UK ..

Offline John Gaunt

EU Issues
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
Oooh, so I'm 'paid' to post my opinion ?;) ...

A shill isn’t necessarily paid. Being selective again....aren’t you.

It is indeed going to happen  - and the harder it is the more quickly it will be reversed ... by our kids ..
Oh, that’s funny. You do know kids become adults and meet the real world at some point, don’t you? Then they know what’s good for them.

Offline John Gaunt

EU Issues
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:59 PM »
Poor 'ol JG,

Just like our Trench ... who also has't got a scoobie doo,...Moby has a foot in both camps and confident the border between the EU and the UK will remain a change in the asphalt used and road markings as those WITH a clue know the 'Democratic' Union Party can and will bring any govt down trying to implement a no deal scenario ...

My feet either side of the border on the old Belfast to Dublin Road, yesterday .. Left foot in UK and right in the Republic !

The photo is looking north from the Republic and the ONLY difference to be observed is the road markings ... On the dual carriage-way a sign warns of speed limits being in MPH / KM/h respectively and a welcome to the respective counties .....NO UK govt can try to change that ... and survive - which is why *I* remain confident as to who will end up being in shock ...

BTW, I think I may have found the cheapest Diesel in the UK - a farm shop dispensing fuel on the border.. for 1.21 Euro / litre  = £1.05 / litre on 26th Sept 2018...  It's about 1.34 Euro / litre in the Republic and c.£1.27 / litre in the UK ..
As usual, this post is a load of waffle about nothing. You can stand on your head on the border for all I care. A foot in two nations but a leg in neither. Sums you up about right, Moby.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2018, 10:44:58 PM »
A shill isn’t necessarily paid. Being selective again....aren’t you.

'OK' - so what is YOUR definition of a shill ?   Which organisation am I benefiting / benefiting from ?

Here's a clue for you ..  I'm not a member of any political party or 'remain' organisation ..

Once again, you got 'personal' and failed ....

Oh, that’s funny. You do know kids become adults and meet the real world at some point, don’t you? Then they know what’s good for them.

Ri-ight, I can see you've read the studies that show more  under 45's voted to REMAIN..

So, What's your definition of an 'adult' ... ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2018, 02:38:52 AM »
I think a recent important announcement was that post Brexit EU citizens would gain no preference in citizenship. For me this points to a no deal Brexit as otherwise some preference was thought to be in with the deal. Either way it's likely that the EU will reciprocate the same back.

So this will leave Ireland as the long work around in a no preference system for anyone bothered enough to want UK citizenship from the EU or EU citizenship from the UK. Neither of which is likely to be immediately granted bit likely to need residency of at least two years in Ireland. Except of course for existing Irish citizens.

Of course this may be a hard ball tactic by Theresa May to get the EU to come to their senses, i.e by showing how cut of from the UK they could become compared to present arrangements.

Importantly for us guys doing the FSU dating scene  it could help keep or restore FSU block countries as viable options for FSU dating. It will once again shut out many Poles and EU Eastern European nations many of which chose the UK as a prime destination. It will probably take a few years to work through but I think the time could soon come again where Polish girls etc look to get with UK & US guys for a good life. Indeed the Polish economy is expected to take a downturn under a no deal Brexit.

Other non-EU nations like Ukraine, Russia and to a lesser extent Belarus are likely to show less seeping across the border to countries like Poland, Hungary and Romanian, etc to try to establish themselves to get EU citizenship and hence UK citizenship. UK citizenship is unfortunately nothing but a magnet for East Europeans, EU or Non EU. Once we leave the EU in March (hopefully) even uder a Chequers type of deal this situation may ease as this route of Entry into the UK gets cut off.

I think Brexit will not only help UK guys on here but also US, Canada, Australia, etc as it will cut out options for East Europeans to just satisfy themselves. So this should be good for all of us :)

Now this may come across as sounding a bit tight but from the experience of the Polish coming over here I can say it helps no one under such an arrangement of Free Movement. The Polish get greedy and take too much, the local population quite rightly get resentful and good life as a whole for both English and Polish goes down the tubes. Polish work too much and their relationships suffer, English get too little and their lives suffer. Brexit should help to restore the balance most will benefit from it even if Poles, etc are a little poorer for it. I think it will be interesting times ahead as a result on FSU dating!

Offline John Gaunt

EU Issues
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:29 AM »
'OK' - so what is YOUR definition of a shill ?   Which organisation am I benefiting / benefiting from ?

Here's a clue for you ..  I'm not a member of any political party or 'remain' organisation ..

Once again, you got 'personal' and failed ....

Ri-ight, I can see you've read the studies that show more  under 45's voted to REMAIN..

So, What's your definition of an 'adult' ... ?
Aaah, that old con.
Moby always answers a question with a question.

Offline John Gaunt

EU Issues
« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2018, 07:00:41 AM »
The latter of course! ;D
Well, don’t keep us in suspense a minute longer. We want to know about your dating fails.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »
I think it must be said also that Leave offers us the opportunity to become very prosperous as a nation.

This is THE most stupid thing I hear from clueless supporters of leave - who are normally salaried and cannot realise they voted like Turkeys for Christmas ..

Since the referendum - UK PLC has demonstrated a huge slow down in recovery from leaving western nations out of the 2007/8 crash to trailing..

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »
Aaah, that old con.
Moby always answers a question with a question.

INCORRECT

You told us I am a 'Shill.'.

YOU, 'Sir' are now dodging the questions, as you know you posted daft ..    DO you know what a Shill is ? It's REALLY clear you don't ... 

Once again, on who's behalf am I 'shilling' and for what benefit ? ....

Why don't you try posting something about your experience of how 'leave' have been proven 'correct'...? 

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2018, 11:50:55 PM »
As usual, this post is a load of waffle about nothing. You can stand on your head on the border for all I care. A foot in two nations but a leg in neither. Sums you up about right, Moby.

What our JG fails to note is some of us are carrying out due diligence re biz dealings between EU/ UK - no matter what the outcome - and thus know FAR better how the EU nations - esp our very closest neighbour - with a land border - plan to deal with and take advantage of 'Brexit' ..

What is SCARY is the level of ignorance shown by those who encouraged voting Brexit ...even in N.Ireland..  When confronting one current DUP member about CE markings for manufactured products and asking how the UK - post Brexit - hoped to sell goods with CE marks - conforming to stds set by the EU - the guy didn't have a CLUE and stammered ..

Loads of consultants are be paid a fortune to advise the Govt how to deal with these scenarios ..and how the UK can retain influence in the drawing up of such stds...

A frigging waste of money - but fine if one benefits ;)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:11:56 AM by msmob »

Offline John Gaunt

EU Issues
« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2018, 02:53:51 AM »
What our JG fails to note is some of us are carrying out due diligence re biz dealings between EU/ UK - no matter what the outcome - and thus know FAR better how the EU nations - esp our very closest neighbour - with a land border - plan to deal with and take advantage of 'Brexit' ..

What is SCARY is the level of ignorance shown by those who encouraged voting Brexit ...even in N.Ireland..  When confronting one current DUP member about CE markings for manufactured products and asking how the UK - post Brexit - hoped to sell goods with CE marks - conforming to stds set by the EU - the guy didn't have a CLUE and stammered ..

Loads of consultants are be paid a fortune to advice the Govt how to deal with these scenarios ..and how the UK can retain influence in the drawing up of such stds...

A frigging waste of money - but fine if one benefits ;)
Yes, yes. One has heard about Mobys due diligence. Is that why you had your creditors after you?
Here, yet again, we see the swan song of the remainers. How Leavers are ignorant....and so on.
Don’t you ever learn from your mistakes?
Sorry, it’s Moby we’re dealing with here. He’ll never admit a mistake let alone learn from one.

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2018, 03:56:40 AM »
Moby,

Any manufacturer, or importer can affix the CE markings themselves via auto-certification.  Easy peasy as long as the articles conform to EU regs and the manufacturer or importer can document and certify as such.  With the majority of goods this is usually not an issue regardless where they are made.

Where can I send the bill for a million or two ?  :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2018, 05:04:50 AM »
That's true BC, I buy goods all the time from China with CE markings. I don't think Moby realise that the EU have to do trade with other countries for their economies to do well not just trade with each other within the EU. Indeed there are plenty of small countries around the world that do well without being a member of the EU or similar sized organisation.

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »
Trench,
of course you can't just slap a CE sticker on some items like meds, lots of agricultural products etc etc  but for the proverbial salad shooter... Yeah it's just a sticker.  Products such as automobiles etc can be a bit more complex since they undergo regular inspections and checked rather closely when imported. For higher end stuff and things that might do more than cut a finger most will use qualified certification firms i.e. TüV but most likely for product liability purposes and customer confidence.

The main challenge for producers is to make their products meet requirements of as many markets as possible.  Just look on some product cartons.. there are all kinds of stickers and certifications.

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
Yes, yes. One has heard about Mobys due diligence. Is that why you had your creditors after you?

Now you ARE being stupid...   Posting bollox you read from someone else elsewhere ?! You will know...I didn't change my mobile number / email

HOW many posters will try to bring up bollox about my off board life rather than the issue ?))))

...  Please name  ONE person / company that you think I owe money to ....  you ARE an internet idiot ...

I didn't do a 'Trampu'  and stiff anyone

Here, yet again, we see the swan song of the remainers. How Leavers are ignorant....

Well, you are .... the forecast economics dips came and you STILL tell us all is 'good' or deny we are already FAR worse off ...  even the Chancellor of Exchequer and Bank of England chief  tell you what you won't hear

Don’t you ever learn from your mistakes?

Boy, I've made enough for more than one lifetime and the irony of your question is delicious ....

Sorry, it’s Moby we’re dealing with here. He’ll never admit a mistake let alone learn from one.

INCORRECT

When I post daft I'm happy to admit it and learn - you might like to try it ....

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
Moby,

Any manufacturer, or importer can affix the CE markings themselves via auto-certification.  Easy peasy as long as the articles conform to EU regs and the manufacturer or importer can document and certify as such.  With the majority of goods this is usually not an issue regardless where they are made.

Where can I send the bill for a million or two ?  :)

BC - I hope you seriously don't charge others for that 'advice' ? ..... 

First the question is :

What sort of item is it and ( in the case of electronics ) does it STILL comply - even if it has pre-approved ( individually) CE components when assembled on a PCB in a case for

EMC

RoHS - now another CE std in it's on right - but you can look up the number !   

AND .. if being used for vehicles ... will it cause RF  interference ?

IF you wish to discuss what the FCC would pass that EC standards won't I can advise ;) [I've become an 'expert' in the past three months

We can self-certify MOST of the EU stds - but NOT the EMC ones

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
BC - I hope you seriously don't charge others for that 'advice' ? ..... 

First the question is :

What sort of item is it and ( in the case of electronics ) does it STILL comply - even if it has pre-approved ( individually) CE components when assembled on a PCB in a case for

EMC

RoHS - now another CE std in it's on right - but you can look up the number !   

AND .. if being used for vehicles ... will it cause RF  interference ?

IF you wish to discuss what the FCC would pass that EC standards won't I can advise ;) [I've become an 'expert' in the past three months

We can self-certify MOST of the EU stds - but NOT the EMC ones

In your rush to petulance, you obviously did not comprehend what I wrote:

Easy peasy as long as the articles conform to EU regs and the manufacturer or importer can document and certify as such.

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »
Just for entertainment, read http://cemarking.net/ce-self-certification/

Offline msmob

EU Issues
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2018, 04:43:03 PM »
In your rush to petulance,

'twas neither childish nor bad tempered ...just playing a big part of my life and you touched a raw nerve

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541448
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1575
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1533
Total: 1542

+-Recent Posts

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Yesterday at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Yesterday at 05:12:27 AM