It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello guys!  (Read 56624 times)

Offline GM_Rod

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Hello guys!
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2018, 06:45:49 AM »
"Never tell me the odds" Han Solo.

Depends if you are talking for long term relationship/marriage vs finding a girl to date.

Speaking from personal experience,  the women in Russian are more genuine and friendly than in North America.  Most won't give you attitute if you try to talk to them, ask them out...

I've lived in Russia, Asia, North America, England.  Russia was the easiest place for me to meet and date girls.

STAR WARS FAN!!

Dude you're so getting invited to my wedding.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #276 on: January 28, 2018, 06:47:12 AM »

..and how are your 'plans'  working out, oh 'expert' ?

Actually, I can't complain!

I've been proposed to a couple times, and there were a couple other instances where I could have proposed if I wanted to and they'd have said yes.

But... I'm picky so... still looking.

Let's see what happens with this one eh? Cross your fingers :-)

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #277 on: January 28, 2018, 07:18:54 AM »
Actually, I can't complain!

I've been proposed to a couple times, and there were a couple other instances where I could have proposed if I wanted to and they'd have said yes.

But... I'm picky so... still looking.

Let's see what happens with this one eh? Cross your fingers :-)

I appreciate this is 'your' thread...but you are not called Trenchcoat...to whom the Q was aimed! )

My fingers are always crossed for those who dare to dream ...

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #278 on: January 28, 2018, 07:31:07 AM »
"Never tell me the odds" Han Solo.

Depends if you are talking for long term relationship/marriage vs finding a girl to date.

Speaking from personal experience,  the women in Russian are more genuine and friendly than in North America.  Most won't give you attitute if you try to talk to them, ask them out...

I've lived in Russia, Asia, North America, England.  Russia was the easiest place for me to meet and date girls.
The OP said he was playing the odds. Statistically, the odds are against him, your anecdotal experience notwithstanding. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2018, 07:48:42 AM »
Exactly!! The odds are ALWAYS against us.

This is why we need to try to manipulate as much as we can.

For example:

Country A: 8 out of 10 women are gorgeous
Country B: 3 out of 10 women are gorgeous

Now, people are people, right? So typically a man is looking for a number of things in a woman, but almost all of the time it will also include beauty.
Where does he have better odds of finding it? Country A or B?

;-)

So admit it is the mundane-physical appearance, rather than going off into some tangent on inner superior qualities, which I know for a fact is cr@p.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2018, 07:50:05 AM »
STAR WARS FAN!!

Dude you're so getting invited to my wedding.

HAHA thanks man!  The original trilogy is still the best.  the plot for the Last Jedi was so wacked out it wasn't even like a real Star Wars movie.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2018, 07:53:28 AM »
The OP said he was playing the odds. Statistically, the odds are against him, your anecdotal experience notwithstanding.

Nah, Rod's gonna do just fine.  When dealing with relationships it's never about odds or stats, it's how 2 people will work or not work together.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #282 on: January 28, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
So admit it is the mundane-physical appearance, rather than going off into some tangent on inner superior qualities, which I know for a fact is cr@p.

he's from Brazil. i'm sure there's equally stunning looking women down there.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #283 on: January 28, 2018, 07:59:26 AM »
I am responding to what he posted.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2018, 08:18:15 AM »
He didn't say they were only better looking but that they had better attributes. at least that's my take. otherwise why waste all this time going over there.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
And I posted they don’t have better attributes. Because they don’t.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
Certainly not all but there are good and bad people everywhere.  You just gotta find the good ones.

Offline msmob

« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2018, 09:11:33 AM »
I see our sting is having his reading comprehensions issues - again ...

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2018, 09:17:05 AM »
I appreciate this is 'your' thread...but you are not called Trenchcoat...to whom the Q was aimed! )

My fingers are always crossed for those who dare to dream ...

Lol sorry, good ol' trench is definitely our comic relief here eh?

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »
And I posted they don’t have better attributes. Because they don’t.

Yes, they do.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »

At first? Yes it is.

You don't walk over and talk to someone you don't find attractive.

But, if that was the ONLY criteria, I'd be married by now.
No, they must also have the "other" requirements.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #291 on: January 28, 2018, 10:51:42 AM »
Yes, they do.

No, they don’t. Unlike you, I speak the languages fluently. I lived in Ukraine. I have seen a lot, the good and the bad. When I tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about here, I am not mistaken.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #292 on: January 28, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »
No, they don’t. Unlike you, I speak the languages fluently. I lived in Ukraine. I have seen a lot, the good and the bad. When I tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about here, I am not mistaken.

Small point but I believe his current girl is from Russia not Ukraine.  I've never been to Ukraine but if they are as bad as you say why would anyone bother going there. 

There do seem to be more scammers from Ukraine than Russia on the stories I've read on this forum.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
I’m not saying they are bad. Just that as a whole, they are no better than women anywhere else on earth, in terms of attitudes and character. That goes for RW as well.

People should look for what they want in life, but do so with eyes wide open, rather than  resorting to inaccurate stereotypes or speculation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:10:54 AM by Boethius »

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #294 on: January 28, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
I agree with Boethius 100%. Gulp....I will go take a shower now. :ROFL:

Stop putting these FSUW women on a pedestal. They are no better than locals.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #295 on: January 28, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »
The vindictive FSU women from what I've read here seem to have no boundaries. Luckily I've personally never met one nor experienced their behaviour.  Plenty of fish in the sea as the saying goes. 

I will say the Russian ladies I've dated have outshined the women from other countries especially from Britain!  but that's another story for another day.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:21:02 AM by Sting23 »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »

There do seem to be more scammers from Ukraine than Russia on the stories I've read on this forum.
The reason for more stories about Ukrainian scammers is because more men go to Ukraine, due to the visa free regime. Also, there is a MOB industry there that doesn’t really exist in Russia anymore.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
if you looked at my Tinder results when I'm in Brazil, and when I set it to Kiev. Night and day difference. Then again this last bit would be only about looks, but...

Tinder isn't the best place to find marriage material but even on dating sites, there's a night and day difference between those in the FSU and in America. Lots of good women in America but a higher percent are married and stay married. Quality women in the FSU tend to hold out till they find what their worth allows them to find or get divorced and are more selective the second round.

Country A: 8 out of 10 women are gorgeous
Country B: 3 out of 10 women are gorgeous

Now, people are people, right? So typically a man is looking for a number of things in a woman, but almost all of the time it will also include beauty.
Where does he have better odds of finding it? Country A or B?

Beauty is one place a guy can upgrade in the FSU. Beauty can give a small indication how healthy a person is on the inside. If a person lets themselves go physically and has poor hygiene, chances are they aren't mentally healthy. Mentally unhealthy people have a tendency to let their bodies, house, and lives go.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »
The reason for more stories about Ukrainian scammers is because more men go to Ukraine, due to the visa free regime. Also, there is a MOB industry there that doesn’t really exist in Russia anymore.

Good point. Forgot that you don't need a visa to go there.  There was a comment from an earlier thread that deals with this.

Somehow your story keeps screaming "Ukraine!!!" at me. Surely there are women to stay away from in Russia as well but in this particular case I'd bet she is from Ukraine. With so many WM choosing Ukraine over Russia to look for a wife I think it's important to point out that this kind of "User Culture" is very prominent in Ukraine, much more so than in Russia IMO, and that men should exercise even more caution when looking for a life partner in Ukraine.

Offline msmob

« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »

I will say the Russian ladies I've dated have outshined the women from other countries especially from Britain!  but that's another story for another day.

Posters should be aware that our stinger has experience of London and Dover in the UK ;)

Once again, the guys who are successful in this venture would be successful anywhere ..   

Personally speaking, I chose to go the FSU route as I like the exotic mix of East, West, Scandinavian and other ingredients. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541429
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701