It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello guys!  (Read 54917 times)

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hello guys!
« Reply #325 on: January 28, 2018, 07:52:48 PM »
If you're talking about sign language, it's not universal.

You did notice I said, ‘my friends’.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline LAman

« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »
LAman did you miss the trumpet solo?

That was great, don’t get me wrong but there is a reason words are put with music, conveys a message.

Offline LAman

« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »

I mean there's a reason why I'm 36 and never married.
When I do it, I intend for it to be just the one time.

That’s funny Rod, I’m sure 99.999% of guys here said same before ending up divorced!!

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2018, 08:22:07 PM »
That was great, don’t get me wrong but there is a reason words are put with music, conveys a message.

The average person needs words in music because they can't comprehend it without.  Bach or Beethoven certainly didn't need words with their music.

Neither did Miles Davis or Jimi Hendrix.  Singers use their voice as an instrument.  The words are just so they can say something.  Half the time you aren't even listening to the words but to the voice.

If you think about sountracks for movies they don't use words.  It's the music that evokes emotion.  Nothing wrong with words but it is secondary to the music.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 08:25:35 PM by Sting23 »

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #329 on: January 28, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
The average person needs words in music because they can't comprehend it without.  Bach or Beethoven certainly didn't need words with their music.

Neither did Miles Davis or Jimi Hendrix.  Singers use their voice as an instrument.  The words are just so they can say something.  Half the time you aren't even listening to the words but to the voice.

If you think about sountracks for movies they don't use words.  It's the music that evokes emotion.  Nothing wrong with words but it is secondary to the music.

But reading a book can make a grown man cry too, and in some cases commit suicide  :-\
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #330 on: January 28, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »
Reading here certainly does sometimes.

Offline Davo2

« Reply #331 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:35 PM »
That’s funny Rod, I’m sure 99.999% of guys here said same before ending up divorced!!

That's right and the unfortunate thing in this day and age is statistically the chances of having a successful marriage is no better than winning a coin toss.
I'd say we're at even more risk of failure, as there's a mindset that you have to rush to meet her as quick as you can, spend a fraction of time with her compared with dating a local woman and then pop the question. It's a little insane when you really think about it. I guess it's not a venture for someone who lacks intuition.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #332 on: January 28, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »
You know Boe, as a 25 year old, at times I do wonder what happens after men & women hit their menopause. Would the fire in the loins be largely gone by then? ::)

Perhaps for the most part, after the looks and hormones have long faded away, only the glimmer behind the eye that continues to fascinate till the end of life remain.  :rolleyes:

The riposte I made to you above, in response to this, was a non serious post, just the type of response it really deserves.

Now I will give you a serious answer.  I would describe it thus - When two clay creatures come together, the inevitable result is dust.

You are young, and I can see at a different place than am I in life, just because I've lived longer and seen more.  I suggest if you haven't, that you read Max Stirner.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:28:21 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #333 on: January 28, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

Because me and my girl got back in touch about a couple months ago. I'd say 3 months back is still "recent"...

Thanks, Rod ..all clear  :thumbsup:

Edited to add:

Watched your vids and wondered, "Stoke" ? ;) 

To my ear /eye- you are talented in more than just music - given your youtube editing skills

BTW..Did you ever find Manchester ?  I recognise many of the places on your videos and the weather ..

1/"Virgin" ? Recommended cell provider ?  - It's a virtual network ... Only O2, Three EE and Vodafone are 'real' operators - best deals available in Jan - if moving providers

2/ Why do we drive on the proper side of the road?;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 11:34:22 PM by msmob »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2018, 08:13:08 AM »
But reading a book can make a grown man cry too, and in some cases commit suicide  :-\

hmm...commit suicide?!  must be some book!  I'm talking about connecting people.  Music is far more powerful.  Think music festivals.  I don't see any reading festivals around.

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #335 on: January 29, 2018, 08:20:34 AM »
For most of his life Bach was a "Kapellmeister" whose organ music accompanied church services, but he also wrote 4 long Passions (Oratorios) for Good Friday with important vocal parts. Beethoven is best known for his symphonies (the 9th with a long last vocal movement ;)) but also made money by composing many pieces for voice with instrumental accompaniment. Of Schubert's 1,500+ works, some 600+ are Lieders for piano and solo voice. I could go on with endless other examples.

Western music started in the 4th century with St. Ambrose's chant, then St. Gregory's chant in the 9th century, both performed by monks, originally without any musical accompaniment.

Not to mention 4 centuries of operatic productions ::).

Neither did Miles Davis or Jimi Hendrix. Singers use their voice as an instrument.  The words are just so they can say something. Half the time you aren't even listening to the words but to the voice.
However, lyrics can be more important than their musical accompaniment, witness George Brassens's and Jaques Brel's songs.
Probably because words there would distract from the screen action.

However, how about musicals ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #336 on: January 29, 2018, 08:34:05 AM »
Most of you guys aren't musicians and have never performed for an audience.  Words and lyrics are a big part of music no doubt but not the essense.

think about it, you remember the melody of a song far more easily than the words.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #337 on: January 29, 2018, 09:27:39 AM »
No, there are studies that suggest divorce is not better for children.  Two things I could always tell when in my children's school:

1.  Which children had nannies; and
2.  Which children came from broken homes.

Conflict has to be very intense for divorce to be a better family option.

There's also studies that suggest vaccine is poison, or that gluten will kill you even if you're not allergic. There's a whole bunch of people who swear the Earth is FLAT for chrissakes.
Intense conflict is exactly what I said. 8 out of 10 of my friends' and ex-girlfriends'parents were divorced.
And some that were still together... I can assure you, they should've split up. It would have been better.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »
Thanks, Rod ..all clear  :thumbsup:

Edited to add:

Watched your vids and wondered, "Stoke" ? ;) 

To my ear /eye- you are talented in more than just music - given your youtube editing skills

BTW..Did you ever find Manchester ?  I recognise many of the places on your videos and the weather ..

1/"Virgin" ? Recommended cell provider ?  - It's a virtual network ... Only O2, Three EE and Vodafone are 'real' operators - best deals available in Jan - if moving providers

2/ Why do we drive on the proper side of the road?;)

Thanks for the nice compliments!! I try to do my best at whatever I do.

Yeah I realized pretty quick Virgin sucked. I'm with EE now.

I was in Stoke at first because I applied to a college there, so it made sense. But, since coming here wasn't in the plans initially, I missed the deadline, so I re-applied for this year and I'm as of now waiting to see if I get accepted. If I do, it only starts in September so I have some time.
I'm in Manchester now, yes. Just moved to another apartment, actually. I was in Stockport, which was too far from everything, I'm now in Salford. Much better.

The side of the road story:
In olden times, people used to ride horses on highways. The overwhelming majority of people are right handed. This means you'd carry your sword on your LEFT side, hanging from your waist, or even on your back, but still in a way that you'd reach and pull it out with your right hand.
A common danger on roads, was bandits jumping you from the trees on the sidelines of the roads.
If you're riding on the left, that's where they have to jump you from, which makes it MUCH easier for you to defend yourself against them, since it's always easier to perform a sword blow with your right hand, while on a horse, if the attacker is on the opposite side.
Eventually when it evolved into cars, they just kept everything on the same side.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2018, 09:36:37 AM »
Would she be all over him were he not world famous and wealthy?

Eric Clapton once said he lost all his friends when he sobered up. The sentiment is expressed well here-

Yes, she would. I'm not famous and not wealthy and I've had my share of girls in concerts. And I'm the drummer sitting in the back. I do happen to also sing but... still the guy sitting behind drums and the hardest to see on stage.

Eric Clapton's statement just sounds to me like he chose his friends poorly. I still talk to everyone who ever played with me. Actually, more often than the people who went to school with me or something like that.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #340 on: January 29, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »
There is no bitterness in my tone. You read into it what you wish.

Rod is the one who brought up the superior innate characteristics of FSUW. I merely pointed out he was looking through rose coloured glasses.

I didn’t suggest speaking a common language was unimportant. Rod did. That’s silly, for the most part. Marriages that last, from my observation, are built on shared values, not shared loins.

Yes there is. All you do on here is antagonize. There's no better word for that, than bitterness.
Speaking common language is EVERYTHING. Shared values, also, of course. But I can say with full confidence that 99% of every problem in any relationship, be it romantic, professional or with one's family, happens because of either lack of communication, or being bad at communicating.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #341 on: January 29, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »
Yes, she would. I'm not famous and not wealthy and I've had my share of girls in concerts. And I'm the drummer sitting in the back. I do happen to also sing but... still the guy sitting behind drums and the hardest to see on stage.

Women, especially young impressionable ones, seem.often easily influenced by the perception of what others in their peer group want.
  I played lead guitar in a local chicago  band for about a decade, just as a hobby ,for fun.we were not successful or trying to be really. We had all been in other bands  and just hit it off, so went out to have pure fun,to truly have a blast with the audience, get them really involved on stage etc. Still we played all the major clubs and venues, in the region, opened for several big acts, and were the club band for the local rock station at that time.
 So yeah i agree .
To me it was just that young girls are often not really thinking and chase an appearance of not even slight  fame, have no clue if you are even a nice guy while trying to tear your shirt off as you walk thru the crowd for a solo  etc. I think it's an extension of attention syndrome, attention by association.
It was fun times, but frankly i was bored with the shallowness of that aspect of it in short time.
I never really dated groupies,  and found it insane that we even had them at such a minor level.just bizarre.
Really it (and women attracted to my actual job at the time) just showed how whacky social pressures and society are in regards to perceptions, status,etc. It actually was a huge turn off to me at some point.Probably no different than a buxem blonde getting tired of attention based over her chest.
Lol

Anyway, yes immature women seem easily swayed by  things that likely make zero difference in whether a man is a good match for her in a relationship.

Not that men dont have the exact same issue in regards to what they often heavily weigh for attrubutes in  a partner.

And just to play devil's advocate and for discussion:
A huge part of communication is body language, thousands of studies on it.
Most agree it's as important,or more so than the stated words.
scary really.

(But yes I think a common language and decent communication skills are a huge thing)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:31:27 AM by Jumper »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #342 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:16 AM »
There's also studies that suggest vaccine is poison, or that gluten will kill you even if you're not allergic. There's a whole bunch of people who swear the Earth is FLAT for chrissakes.

There are no reputable studies, blind tested, by reputable scholars, suggesting vaccines are poison or that gluten will kill you.   

People who think the earth is flat also tend to believe divorce has no harmful effect on children.
Intense conflict is exactly what I said. 8 out of 10 of my friends' and ex-girlfriends'parents were divorced.
And some that were still together... I can assure you, they should've split up. It would have been better.

If 8 out of 10 of your friends had such intense conflict they had to break up, you have chosen your friends poorly.

Not one of my friends is divorced.  All of them have been married for over 20 years now. Neighbours, yes.  Parents of my children's playmates, yes. 

When people argue a great deal, it is because neither can see the other's point of view.  It is mostly ego.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #343 on: January 29, 2018, 10:40:54 AM »
Yes there is. All you do on here is antagonize. There's no better word for that, than bitterness.
Speaking common language is EVERYTHING. Shared values, also, of course. But I can say with full confidence that 99% of every problem in any relationship, be it romantic, professional or with one's family, happens because of either lack of communication, or being bad at communicating.

Right.  I am "bitter" because I have an opposing view.

I am pointing out non sugar coated reality to you, but more so, to lurkers.

Why would I be bitter about what strangers on the internet state?  I am just suggesting that your rose coloured view of FSUW is just that.  It definitely is not based in reality.  You will note, I am referring your posted views in general, not the particular lady you have chosen.  She could be Mother Teresa, for all I know.

Do views that do not align with your own make me "bitter"?  LOL.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:12:15 AM by Boethius »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #344 on: January 29, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
Most of you guys aren't musicians and have never performed for an audience.
I have for 13 years, as member of an "A cappella" choir, i.e. a choir that sings without musical accompaniment - see attached photo.
Words and lyrics are a big part of music no doubt but not the essenCe.
The French chansonniers would dispute that ;).
think about it, you remember the melody of a song far more easily than the words.
It depends on the song, in some the lyrics are more memorable, being tied to widely shared sentiments.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:04:29 AM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
I have for 13 years, as member of an "A cappella" choir, i.e. a choir that sings without musical accompaniment - see attached photo.

cool Sandro...I know what "A cappella" is.   :) 

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »
Women, especially young impressionable ones, seem.often easily influenced by the perception of what others in their peer group want.
  I played lead guitar in a local chicago  band for about a decade, just as a hobby ,for fun.we were not successful or trying to be really. We had
I never really dated groupies,

Jumper you played in a blues band? Ah the groupie thing...half the reason why guys become "musicians"..haha. It's real though.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2018, 12:03:44 PM »
I was saying this earlier today: If any guy tells me they didn't learn music at least PARTIALLY because of girls, he's lying.

Offline GM_Rod

« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2018, 12:08:49 PM »
So, update.

I'm booked for Russia!

I'll be there from Feb 8th to 15th.

AirBNB + plane tickets, the whole thing cost me under £500. Not too bad.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »
So, update.

I'm booked for Russia!

I'll be there from Feb 8th to 15th.

AirBNB + plane tickets, the whole thing cost me under £500. Not too bad.

Hahaha Rod. Can't believe it took us nearly 15 pages of writing to convince you to finally take the plunge and fly to Russia. Unbelievable. :popcorn:

All the best Rod, let us know how this adventure goes!

:thumbsup:
Sincerely,
Kyn

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM