It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Theories of Dating  (Read 16783 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Theories of Dating
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »
TC,

I have also read Bounders post and realise that DATING for a younger chap is a whole new world ... now looks are important and you'll find out you have NOTHING in common on the date ! :)

In your case - you need to ask yourself why you come off second best - all the time. I'm suggesting it WILL happen in the FSU, too - based on your lack of confidence / ability to say the wrong thing ?! Your date may just take longer to figure it out.

PLEASE stop suggesting others behave / think the same as you or share your 'winning' methodology. 

Bounder has been on the ground and is mixing there - picking up the lingo.I know he isn't backwards in coming forwards - he is confident and positive.

He isn't constantly worried about being scammed.

Bounder already has HEAPS more experience than you

Lastly, getting  a date was NEVER an issue for most of us who have FSU partners - to me- those that really succeed have long term marriages / relationships. 

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 10:27:04 AM »
Hooray for Bounder  :clapping:  :D This is the point I have been trying to make on here a while now and all I have been facing is the - 'its you not them'. Bounder with experience in the field and actually living out there has confirmed what I have seen :) Women are miles better and in more supply out in the FSU. I also agree with GQ Blues in that WW have choices where ever they look (well the nice ones do). Again as I have previously said a decent attractive looking girl here with at least a half way reasonable personality/attitude will have no trouble getting a date/relationship. In fact the best will have several 'options' of blokes to choose from. This has been my problem my whole life, being in the running for one of these hotties but always coming of second best or worse. Sure she was interested but I just wasn't first with her. In the FSU the same as Bounder has found doesn't hold true. There are a lot more hotties around and they are not able to line men up as they are in not as much supply. Added to that I am wealthy compared to them and FSU men so I clock up points there I don't necessarily get in the UK despite being comfortably off but not rich. Hence this can help put me in pole position with the girl, happy days :D

p.s I get the distinct impression TMD had a case of failure to launch, he had to date of his last post never visited the FSU. Either that or he was held up with some improper material, lol.

All good and well, TC. If this belief will propel you to ultimately find your SO, more power to you! I mean that sincerely...

Just remember one very important thing. Make good with whatever person you presented yourself to your future inamorata. Consistency is key. Because at some point, you're coming back home, and she along with you. There will be nothing stopping her from *seeing* the same things around her local gals had been seeing...

...with you in it...

Either way, good luck, man!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
HDL,

I can't believe you didn't read up on this thread.   :popcorn:

I did Jon. I chose to ignore the "E" comment.  :P

Offline jone

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2017, 10:58:59 AM »

I did Jon. I chose to ignore the "E" comment.  :P

For those on the forum, Lee is well over six feet.    :P
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
TC,

I have also read Bounders post and realise that DATING for a younger chap is a whole new world ... now looks are important and you'll find out you have NOTHING in common on the date ! :)

In your case - you need to ask yourself why you come off second best - all the time. I'm suggesting it WILL happen in the FSU, too - based on your lack of confidence / ability to say the wrong thing ?! Your date may just take longer to figure it out.

PLEASE stop suggesting others behave / think the same as you or share your 'winning' methodology. 

Bounder has been on the ground and is mixing there - picking up the lingo.I know he isn't backwards in coming forwards - he is confident and positive.

He isn't constantly worried about being scammed.

Bounder already has HEAPS more experience than you

Lastly, getting  a date was NEVER an issue for most of us who have FSU partners - to me- those that really succeed have long term marriages / relationships.

...And yet he still hasn't got into a serious relationship with a woman just a series of meetings as far as we know. I'm not saying he is doing the wrong thing, quite the contrary although I would tend to want a revenue stream from investments in my home nation before doing the same. I am just saying he is out there and picked up on the same as me. I do not have a problem with confidence or with saying the wrong thing. Sure some people are more naturals at being forward but they don't necessarily always meet with success. Others on here have already noted that online dating sites might be better than picking up on the street as you don't know if someone is single, right age, sexual orientation, with/without children, interested, etc. If anything from what I have seen meeting a girl in the FSU is more random than in the west, unlike the west its not always the one with the biggest gob that wins. Women seem happy if the guy seems decent to them and there is feelings of affection there. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »
...And yet he still hasn't got into a serious relationship with a woman just a series of meetings as far as we know. I'm not saying he is doing the wrong thing, quite the contrary although I would tend to want a revenue stream from investments in my home nation before doing the same. I am just saying he is out there and picked up on the same as me. I do not have a problem with confidence or with saying the wrong thing. Sure some people are more naturals at being forward but they don't necessarily always meet with success. Others on here have already noted that online dating sites might be better than picking up on the street as you don't know if someone is single, right age, sexual orientation, with/without children, interested, etc. If anything from what I have seen meeting a girl in the FSU is more random than in the west, unlike the west its not always the one with the biggest gob that wins. Women seem happy if the guy seems decent to them and there is feelings of affection there.

You are still talking too much. smh.....

Stop critiquing others. Focus on yourself and plan to succeed in your search.

Offline msmob

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2017, 11:23:01 PM »
+100

Offline Bounder

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »
Likely true for some, but not for the many Bounder.

I'll concede, based on your present locale, you are likely laying witness if not experiencing the ease you speak of (good for you btw!). But the same can be said in many choice spots in the west (concentration of attractive available women i.e. south bay beaches in SoCal, Westside, Hollywood, etc..). Moreover, a WM is not as much as a *novelty* in the west as they would be in FSU. So maybe for a lot of men this will appear as being 'easier'. The converse is true for FSUW in the west. An added spice to the mix.

One thing to consider regarding online dating in the west is, attractive WW have choices most anywhere they are, and the likelihood of them relying on social medium or dating service sites are not as prevalent as they would be elsewhere. So this medium is difficult to make an equitable comparison.

Thanks GQ.  Yes, my observations were based on my actual experience since arriving here.  I agree, being a foreigner from the West creates an exotic quality, which does make dating objectively easier.  But why should I deny myself the use of the advantages that I have in hand?  At the end of the day, I won't be looking for a girl in North America.  Been there and done that.  But I take your point that it can vary from area to area.  I'm from Canada, though, which IS sparsely populated.  You can have good luck, and I know someone who recently has had good luck (although apparently she can't cook ;) ), but why rely on luck instead of the numbers game if you are keen and happy to go live in a place like Moscow.

By the way, online/app dating is taking over in the West, I'd say even more so than here.  It is the premiere way of meeting a partner now.  I remember signing up for telephone dating back in the 1990s.  I didn't tell anyone, lest they would think I was "desparate".  Even a short few years ago, using dating websites was frowned upon by a lot of people and still could be stigmatizing.  Not anymore.  Meeting your match from an online platform is now the norm.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »

I have been dating to meet people, having next to no local contacts.  I haven't been looking to establish a serious relationship right off the hop.  Since I realized I can easily see what's out there, I have seized the opportunity to go on piles of dates.  That's something that never happened back in the West.  Maybe it's different for others, but that's my reality.  Night and day.

I had a great and stable income stream back home.  I decided I didn't want it.  I got to a certain point in my life where things crystallized for me and I decided to make a dramatic change, fully aware of all the challenges and risks that I would be taking on.  I haven't a smidgen of regret or doubt and I know what I'm doing.

Dating here is a numbers game for me.  Just keep getting out there.  While I wasn't planning for it, expecting it, or particularly seeking it, it seems - as of last week - that I have met the girl of my dreams.  And I had given up on dreams.  I am elated and that's an understatement.  :) :) :)

Offline LAman

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
I have been dating to meet people, having next to no local contacts.  I haven't been looking to establish a serious relationship right off the hop.  Since I realized I can easily see what's out there, I have seized the opportunity to go on piles of dates.  That's something that never happened back in the West.  Maybe it's different for others, but that's my reality.  Night and day.

I had a great and stable income stream back home.  I decided I didn't want it.  I got to a certain point in my life where things crystallized for me and I decided to make a dramatic change, fully aware of all the challenges and risks that I would be taking on.  I haven't a smidgen of regret or doubt and I know what I'm doing.

Dating here is a numbers game for me.  Just keep getting out there.  While I wasn't planning for it, expecting it, or particularly seeking it, it seems - as of last week - that I have met the girl of my dreams.  And I had given up on dreams.  I am elated and that's an understatement.  :) :) :)

There are some advantages with being a foreigner and you will be known rather quickly. Most times you are not working so you have the time, most guys have the funds so you have the cache, since you are a foreigner you seem exotic, there is a keen interest to learn about something new. If someone is on a social site, there is little interest in the locals.

I do think if you come from the west, there is the thought of coming from the 'land of milk and honey' and I do think women want/need to be taken care of(in their minds).
There seems to be some kind of trade off......the men come with security and the women come with youth/appearance.
But what do I know???
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline ML

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »
I do think if you come from the west, there is the thought of coming from the 'land of milk and honey' . . .

Russian people have generally held Americans in contempt, thinking we are stupid, lazy, etc.

I can't help but believe that on top of that, there is now a growing hatred of Americans because of the international tensions.

Doesn't seem to be a good recipe for a successful relationship.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LAman

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »

........................... there is now a growing hatred of Americans because of the international tensions.

ML, when was the last time you were in Russia to know this????
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »
ML

I haven't encountered any anti-American ( Moscow, Sochi, Novosibirsk ) feelings in the last year - in fact I know of two US guys living v.happily in Sochi

Offline Bounder

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2017, 01:24:05 AM »
Russian people have generally held Americans in contempt, thinking we are stupid, lazy, etc.

I can't help but believe that on top of that, there is now a growing hatred of Americans because of the international tensions.

If you spent some time on the ground in Russia, you would quickly see what a fraud Western representations of Russia are.  Russians are extremely kind and welcoming and they won't hate you for being American.  They're able to separate what they read and know about America, from individual persons they may come into contact with.

A good American bloke has the same opportunity to feel the love here as a Canadian, Brit, or whomever.  Russians are tremendous hosts and appreciate it when foreigners (even from the US) visit their country, even if they don't understand it. :)

I should add that Russians aren't stupid and they see all the anti-Russian rhetoric and actions taking place in the US now.  They most certainly perceive that there is a growing hatred of Russians in the US!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 01:26:13 AM by Bounder »

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2017, 01:45:40 AM »

Been here 3 years, no problems whatsoever.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Gator

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »

Russians tend to think Americans are naïve, related to yet not the same as stupidity.   
Lazy?  Did you just throw "lazy" in.  Please expand.

Regarding the land of milk and honey, the vast majority of Russians who enter the US stay and build a life here.  So they must be getting more milk or honey than they obtained in Russia.  Most Russians do not immigrate via fiancée or spousal visa. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
ML's sentiment is completely counter to my (our) anecdotal experiences. LMAO. November 9th last year was a celebratory day on (for) many places in Russia/Russians.  :P

My wife's friends seem to be able to travel to the US with ease. Of course there are preconceived opinions towards the US society, but by and large they mostly embrace America and everything in it. Akin to sibling rivalry.

I saw a video last night on OAN where it showed how US and Russia had always been allies, even back during the Independence war and on...I tried to look for it to no avail.

Anyway, my belief, in terms of how Russians perceive Americans, totally counter. Politics may be a whole different enchilada, but I think that attitude had waned greatly since last election.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline ML

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »
List of Greatest Enemies according to latest Russian population polls.

"Public Opinion" Fund

Rank    Country/Region     %
1     United States    26%
2     China    13%
3     Georgia    5%
4     Japan    3%
5     Belarus    2%

"Levada" Analytical Center

1     Georgia    41%
2     United States    35%
3     Latvia    26%
4     Lithuania    25%
5     Estonia    23%
6     Ukraine    15%
7     Poland    8%

1     United States    38%
2     Georgia    33%
3     Latvia    21%
4     Lithuania    17%
5     Estonia    16%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-American_sentiment_in_Russia
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2017, 09:23:16 AM »
Russian TV has a lot of news dedicated to how bad Western countries are.  I was surprised as I watched it when I have been there over the years.  It is a soup that includes US aggression,  Ukraine as an enemy, expansionism of NATO, etc.  The last time I was in Russia (18 months ago) I had a chance to view Russian TV from multiple locations.  Yet I found the reporting somewhat uniform, as in the reporters were all singing from the same hymnal.

Until the US election, that was not mirrored in the United States.  US media outlets were disinterested in Russia.  Now  Russia seems to be on many news programs as it fuels the Trump opposition.

But the Russian people have never been anything but nice to me and my friends while visiting them in their home country.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »
List of Greatest Enemies according to latest Russian population polls.

"Public Opinion" Fund

1     United States    26%
2     China    13%
3     Georgia    5%
4     Japan    3%
5     Belarus    2%

1     Georgia    41%
2     United States    35%
3     Latvia    26%
4     Lithuania    25%
5     Estonia    23%
6     Ukraine    15%
7     Poland    8%

1     United States    38%
2     Georgia    33%
3     Latvia    21%
4     Lithuania    17%
5     Estonia    16%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-American_sentiment_in_Russia

Typical Russian polls or voting results.  Totals greater than 100%.    :P

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Theories of Dating
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
Yes, but what sort of 'humor' do the female athletes at Oregon State encounter?

It's not the coolest nickname for sure. They get plenty of ribbing at least as much
as the girls from the Alabama Crimson Tide.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline msmob

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2017, 01:54:13 PM »

I should add that Russians aren't stupid and they see all the anti-Russian rhetoric and actions taking place in the US now.  They most certainly perceive that there is a growing hatred of Russians in the US!

??

I believe you are as mistaken about 'hatred' of Russians as you were accurate concerning the Russian attitude to Americans ...

The 'rhetoric' is saved for stunts at govt level - some with reason

I certainly  can't agree that all stuff in western media gives a 'fraudulent' viewpoint on Russia...

The BBC have an article on their UK site discussing 'Kremlin interference' and discusses how 'we' are perceived to be have been meddling in Russia and it's spheres of influence  - like Ukraine....  One doesn't often see the perspective of the west put in Kremlin owned  / controlled media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39401637

''Information warfare: Is Russia really interfering in European states?''

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:25:38 PM by msmob »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
The 'rhetoric' is saved for stunts at govt level - some with reason

Likely.

But also not as  meretricious as EU's sentiment these days!  ;)

http://economiccollapsenews.com/2017/03/31/eu-head-will-promote-ohio-texas-secession-if-trump-supports-brexit/

Offline ML

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »
Typical Russian polls or voting results.  Totals greater than 100%.

These aren't meant to add up to 100%
Rethink it.

Offline msmob

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2017, 12:32:01 AM »

But also not as  meretricious as EU's sentiment these days!  ;)

http://economiccollapsenews.com/2017/03/31/eu-head-will-promote-ohio-texas-secession-if-trump-supports-brexit/

WHAT a waste of cyberspace ..'flooding the internet ?'' - Never read of the comment - until you linked it .. I wonder why that might be ? ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541314
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701