It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: More Bad News for Russia  (Read 1075518 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5575 on: November 02, 2017, 01:24:47 AM »
It is very important that jone 'disdains' you!  :ROFL: He doesn't like to have his views contradicted, or to not respond to him in the way he tries to demand.  Of course he 'forgives' the USA or trump for similar things that he criticizes other nations of!  This is why he is known as a whitewashing hypocrite. 

Fathertime!

Blah, blah, blah, TROLL.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5576 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:42 AM »
FT, let's not have this thread polluted by dissing those who- for some reason - unfathomable to most outside the US and the majority of voters in the US -  support  'Tramp'...  ;)

I support three percent.  I don't support Trump.  Never have.  I wouldn't and didn't vote for him.  But, please, carry on.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5577 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:51 AM »
I support three percent.

Three percent of what ?

I don't support Trump.  Never have.  I wouldn't and didn't vote for him.  But, please, carry on.

Sorry, for the slur ...

Now can we move on from US politics and discuss the 'bad news' for Russia?

Offline Madlen

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5578 on: November 02, 2017, 05:44:17 AM »
So, you agree - a govt should spent tax payers money on ensuring 'bad' news  gets buried and false news is posted to hide the facts ?  :o

It is dirty games of polititians.
But it is reality, and I am sure, it is not only in Russia. Maybe, in Russia more, than in other countries.

And I can say again: we have a lot of situations like this, because 80% of people support govt. They have no brain to analise and understand reality.
And I can not say, why situation like this now: because people without education and they believe everything, what they see and listen, or because they do not want understand or can not understand.

For example, a lot of people hate US, but...they like McDonald's and they wear clothes with American symbols. They never were in Europe, but they say, that life their is not good.

They make decisions about unfamiliar things. They see TV, listen radio and believe in everything.
But our TV and radio today full of propaganda and criminal news. Everything for people to be crazy. But people agree to be crazy.
And this is not problem of govt, it is problem of people.

If I begin to say about it, I can not stop, so I prefer to be silent. It is better for my nervous system :).
But we have, what we correspond to.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:03:49 PM by Madlen »
Be as You are).

Offline fathertime

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5579 on: November 02, 2017, 05:58:16 AM »
I support three percent.  I don't support Trump.  Never have.  I wouldn't and didn't vote for him.  But, please, carry on.

You are just covering your bases here. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5580 on: November 02, 2017, 06:11:23 AM »
You are just covering your bases here. 

Fathertime!

FT -- PLE-EASE - keep it in the 'Tramp' thread ?

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5581 on: November 02, 2017, 11:53:49 AM »
It is dirty games of polititians.
But it is reality, and I am sure, it is not only in Russia. Maybe, in Russia more, then in other countries...

Exactly. Suppression of facts and reality is true with any state, or nation, if facts proved to be detrimental to its government/s. ALL nations do it.

The US a darn good example of that, especially today. Even with our so-called 'free press' (media).
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Madlen

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5582 on: November 02, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »
Yes, and propaganda.

I made various videos for my friend: streets, shops, cars, people. And he asked me:
-Why the cashier has few people? And in supermarket so many goods!
-It is not normal?
-But they say here, that in russian there is nothing.

Then he came here and made pictures. After trip he wrote article about russia and sent it to redaction.
I hope, they will publish this article :).

Our shops full of goods, but people have not money.
Other problem, our food products are of poor quality.

But we are still alive  :D and optimistic.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:24:44 PM by Madlen »
Be as You are).

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5583 on: November 02, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
The days of the KGB are over Jay. The government isn't paying any attention to what people on the street are talking about. Russians enjoy talking about politics and have no problem openly voicing their disgust with government corruption and rigged elections.

You have posted the same type of nonsense previously. There are literally  1000's of reports that contradict your assertion.
Given your beliefs --chances are you have never read any of those reports-I wonder why !

Crimean savagely beaten for pro-Ukraine views faces jail on ‘extremism’ charges

The FSB in Russian-occupied Sevastopol have formally charged Ukrainian activist Ihor Movenko over a comment they allege he posted on a social media page in 2016 and which they ’noticed’ only after he persistently demanded an investigation into the brutal and unprovoked attack by a police officer that left him hospitalized.  He is accused of ‘public calls to carry out extremist activities’ and could face a sentence of up to five years’ imprisonment.   

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1509575679
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline treadmilldude

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5584 on: November 02, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
Jay, speaking of jails....how are FSU jails compared to US Jails? Are they less luxurious than American jails, about the same, or more luxurious than US Jails? Is there Capital Punishment in Ukraine / Belarus / Russia?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:24:11 PM by AnonMod »

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5585 on: November 02, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »

You have posted the same type of nonsense previously. There are literally  1000's of reports that contradict your assertion.
Given your beliefs --chances are you have never read any of those reports-I wonder why !

Crimean savagely beaten for pro-Ukraine views faces jail on ‘extremism’ charges

The FSB in Russian-occupied Sevastopol have formally charged Ukrainian activist Ihor Movenko over a comment they allege he posted on a social media page in 2016 and which they ’noticed’ only after he persistently demanded an investigation into the brutal and unprovoked attack by a police officer that left him hospitalized.  He is accused of ‘public calls to carry out extremist activities’ and could face a sentence of up to five years’ imprisonment.   

http://khpg.org/en/index.php?id=1509575679

I don't believe I wrote anything about pro-Ukrainians who draw attention to themselves in Crimea by being anti-Russian.
But here is a similar story about the Ukrainian authorities-

Employees of the SBU detained a resident of Berezovka in the Odessa region who spread anti-Ukrainian materials on Russian social networks. This was reported by the press center of the department.

http://fact.international/tag/political-repression-in-ukraine/

For the record, I don't support the actions of the authorities in Crimea. But Crimea is a bit of a different case than the rest of Russia. What I wrote about the common man not being afraid to voice their concerns with the government is absolutely true from my experience.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:10:02 PM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline JayH

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5586 on: November 19, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »

Yeah --right-- so much credibility ( & and I am not referencing Reuters)!

Russian central bank says it can handle any U.S. sanctions on its debt

Under a sanctions bill drafted to punish Russia for alleged meddling in U.S. elections in 2016, the U.S. secretary of the Treasury must submit a report describing in detail the potential effects of expanding sanctions to include sovereign debt and the full range of derivative products.

n UNIAN: http://economics.unian.info/2247591-reuters-russian-central-bank-says-it-can-handle-any-us-sanctions-on-its-debt.html

SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Yes

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5587 on: November 20, 2017, 02:10:01 AM »
Yes, and propaganda.

I made various videos for my friend: streets, shops, cars, people. And he asked me:
-Why the cashier has few people? And in supermarket so many goods!
-It is not normal?
-But they say here, that in russian there is nothing.

Then he came here and made pictures. After trip he wrote article about russia and sent it to redaction.
I hope, they will publish this article :).

Our shops full of goods, but people have not money.
Other problem, our food products are of poor quality.

But we are still alive  :D and optimistic.
What city do you live in?

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5588 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
What city do you live in?

Are you going to dispute reality with yet another member ....    ?((

You live in Moscow ...    You are the 'expert' in steaks ..... you being trained to tertiary level in Hotel Management - and like me actually knowing about what is good meat, etc...

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5589 on: December 11, 2017, 12:56:40 PM »
Vladimir Putin makes it official – he's running for re-election in 2018
Russian president says he will seek new six-year term in elections in March that will likely see him face only token opposition

Vladimir Putin has made the long-expected announcement that he will seek a new six-year presidential term at elections in March.
If he wins, which he almost certainly will, Putin will have spent 24 years as Russian leader by the end of his term in 2024, including four years when he was prime minister but still called the shots.
“I will put forward my candidacy for the post of president of the Russian Federation,” said Putin during a meeting with factory workers in the city of Nizhny Novgorod on Wednesday afternoon.
“Russia will continue moving forwards, and nobody will ever be able to stop this forward movement,” he said, in what may be an early sign that the campaign would invoke nationalist rhetoric of a Russia facing off against a hostile west.
Putin has spent a year dodging the question about whether he would run in the elections. Even earlier on Wednesday the Russian president was coy about seeking re-election when he took to the stage at a youth volunteer forum in Moscow and was asked the question directly.
“I want to ask, do you trust and support me?” Putin asked the audience, which prompted a resounding chorus of “Yes!”
“The decision will be taken and announced in the near future,” said Putin, without making it clear just how soon.
[URL

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5590 on: December 11, 2017, 01:55:41 PM »
Why do you think this is bad news for Russia?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Doll

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5591 on: December 11, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »
Can you read- GOOD news  for Russia?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5592 on: December 11, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »
Wasn't there a law that Russian Presidents could not be elected for more than two terms?

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5593 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:50 PM »
Can you read- GOOD news  for Russia?

No, I don't see that in your post.  But, clear now anyway.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5594 on: December 13, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
Wasn't there a law that Russian Presidents could not be elected for more than two terms?

Not more than two consecutive terms.

Offline msmob

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5595 on: December 13, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »
Not more than two consecutive terms.

The law was changed to make the term longer, and new opposition parties harder to form - ever noticed how Political opponents seem to be convicted to prevent them standing  ? ;)

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5596 on: December 14, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
I think it is bad for any country that is allegedly a democracy to have the same leaders for extended periods of time.  Eight years, or ten at the most, should be the maximum.  Democracy needs new ideas.  But Russia, like Ukraine, is an oligarchy controlled by the former Soviet nomenklatura.

Offline whynotme

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5597 on: December 14, 2017, 10:56:17 PM »
I think it is bad for any country that is allegedly a democracy to have the same leaders for extended periods of time.  Eight years, or ten at the most, should be the maximum.  Democracy needs new ideas.  But Russia, like Ukraine, is an oligarchy controlled by the former Soviet nomenklatura.
Nobody complained Urho Kekkonen being the president from 1956 till 1981. Double standards again  ;)

Offline Boethius

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5598 on: December 14, 2017, 11:58:48 PM »
The fact you have to go back over 3 decades to find an example should tell you something.

Offline BillyB

More Bad News for Russia
« Reply #5599 on: December 15, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »

Putin honored the law by stepping down after two terms. He became Prime Minister for four years and during that four years, his puppet Russian President Medvedev changed laws so Putin can become President again and Medvedev extended how long one can serve as President of Russia form 4 years to 6 years per term. Laws can change again and Putin may end up as President for life.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1978
Total: 1987

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM