It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello RWD!  (Read 29470 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello RWD!
« on: December 23, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »
Greetings to all on this board, my name is Doug and I'm a young fellow from Pennsylvania, United States who's interested in the prospect of a R/U partner. I've actually been a member of RUA for a while now and I'm popping on over here at the recommendation of my friend Maxx. I'll probably be more of a lurker here than anything else but I don't want anyone to think I'm unfriendly either, so I'm posting a little introduction. Looking forward to doing some learning on this forum as well. Doug S. 
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello RWD!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
Welcome . . . but this is not a venture appropriate for 'young fellas.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 10:46:20 PM »
Welcome . . . but this is not a venture appropriate for 'young fellas.'

So they say; what are your notions as to why? Thanks for the welcome ML.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:20:48 AM »

Welcome to the forum Doug. If you don't find something that answers your questions, feel free to ask questions. Lurking doesn't always give an answer. The reason young guys should stay out of this is because it will leave more women to the older guys in are in greater need. Actually most young guys are better looking and more physically fit but aren't financially capable of seeing this to the end.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 03:06:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum Doug. If you don't find something that answers your questions, feel free to ask questions. Lurking doesn't always give an answer. The reason young guys should stay out of this is because it will leave more women to the older guys in are in greater need. Actually most young guys are better looking and more physically fit but aren't financially capable of seeing this to the end.

Thanks for the welcome BillyB. Not sure if I'm really any better looking or more physically fit than anyone else here, but I get the picture. And I certainly intend not to partake in any date snatching! As my dad says, 'there are plenty of fish in the sea.' Happy to be here amongst some obviously experienced people, hoping to glean a lot of good insight.

Offline Maxx2

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 07:17:58 AM »

My recommendation to LD is to understand he a lot of time on his side and doesn't need to swoop in and quick find him one like us oldsters. The FSU has a lot of other opportunities in it besides wife attainment. The later will happen in its due course of course. The best thing for him is get himself internationalized. Become a world traveler. Get some stamps in his passport. Like the Rod Stewart song 'Young Turks' from 40 years ago,

We got just one shot of life, let's take it while we're still not afraid.
Because life is so brief and time is a thief when you're undecided.
And like a fistful of sand, it can slip right through your hands.
Young hearts be free tonight. Time is on your side,
Don't let them put you down, don't let 'em push you around,
Don't let 'em ever change your point of view.

At least that is what I think

Offline Doll

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 07:26:12 AM »
Why is " a  young fellow from PA" looking outside the USA?

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 07:50:40 AM »
Welcome to RWD Doug.  Maxx is very knowledgeable and gives great advice and I am sure you will enjoy it here.  Although I don't know you all that well, I do know you enough to understand that you are very smart and very inquisitive and I will be surprised if you are "mostly a lurker here" 

Since we both live in the same part of the world I can understand why you want to look overseas.  W. PA is not exactly a dating paradise. 

Offline Doll

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2017, 07:57:25 AM »
  .  W. PA is not exactly a dating paradise.
Why?

There are hundreds of thousands young single girls in PA.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
Why?

But they don't want us oldsters. Frankly I don't want them either.

Offline Doll

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2017, 09:09:24 AM »

But they don't want us oldsters. Frankly I don't want them either.
Our TS claims he is young.
Yet, it would be nice to hear his reasons.

Offline Doll

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »

. Frankly I don't want them either.
Why?

Offline civi68

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am also from Central PA.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »
Why?

I don't want to date girls in PA because they're over 2500 miles away from me so I go to the FSU. I'll recommend Lord of the Dance do what I did. Date as many women as he can at home and keep his options open overseas. Even if he's wanting to marry someone from the FSU instead of someone at home, by staying active dating it will improve his confidence and social skills with women. A higher level of confidence and social skills will allow him catch higher quality women and a lot of women.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »
My recommendation to LD is to understand he a lot of time on his side and doesn't need to swoop in and quick find him one like us oldsters. The FSU has a lot of other opportunities in it besides wife attainment. The later will happen in its due course of course. The best thing for him is get himself internationalized. Become a world traveler. Get some stamps in his passport. Like the Rod Stewart song 'Young Turks' from 40 years ago,

That is indeed a good song Maxx, quite inspirational to me now that you mention it! I think you're talking sense when you suggest getting 'out on the town.' Heck, I've barely left the States in my life... save for Canada I'm no international voyager and I think it's about time to change that.

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »
Why is " a  young fellow from PA" looking outside the USA?

For a number of reasons, really. Where I hail from (a small town in north western Pennsylvania) we suffer from tremendous economic depression because the main industries of our area left the region long ago (70's / 80's). Consequently, young people of both sexes now flee this valley like a house on fire, seeking better opportunities elsewhere. I knew some truly swell young gals in high school, but every single one of them (and I mean literally every last one) has left our hometown for 'greener pastures.' There's just not a lot left here for the decent single guy, hence my notion to look elsewhere.

Now why the FSU? I perceive women from Eastern Europe to be more intrepid and adventurous than women from the West (important qualities to me). I also appreciate their embrace of traditional values. Obviously I'm speaking in generalities, but it is my opinion that I can do so when referring to an entire region of the world (surely there are mates who'll fit the bill). The most attractive women I've ever seen have come from the FSU and I enjoy a good challenge!

I will note that in my book, Australia comes in a close second to the FSU (especially Ukraine at this point) in my search for a partner. I've never been to Australia, but it's on my list for sure. Doug S.       

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:25 AM »
Welcome Doug, I think Maxx is right getting going early in this venture is a very good idea. That doesn't just mean going over and meeting these women but also getting into a good financial position if or already there. Doing this will stand you in good stead for when you hit your thirties with these women. Going over and meeting a few will also give you experience that will save you time in your thirties in meeting the right one. It may take a couple of years or so to get into the swing of things so better done in your twenties I think. If you want women to take you seriously I would put in your profile that despite your young years you are capable and able already at present to support a family, this is what they will want to hear, good luck :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:52 AM »

Song was released in 1981. For better or for worse, simply a ballad of a young rebellious teenage couple in love who run off together and start a family and a life for themselves. But interpretation can adapt any wording to mean whatever you would like. Carry on.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline LAman

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »

Now why the FSU? I perceive women from Eastern Europe to be more intrepid and adventurous than women from the West (important qualities to me). I also appreciate their embrace of traditional values. Obviously I'm speaking in generalities, but it is my opinion that I can do so when referring to an entire region of the world (surely there are mates who'll fit the bill). The most attractive women I've ever seen have come from the FSU and I enjoy a good challenge!

Ask ML the REAL reason men look into FSU women....
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 10:53:06 AM »
Welcome to RWD Doug.  Maxx is very knowledgeable and gives great advice and I am sure you will enjoy it here.  Although I don't know you all that well, I do know you enough to understand that you are very smart and very inquisitive and I will be surprised if you are "mostly a lurker here" 

Since we both live in the same part of the world I can understand why you want to look overseas.  W. PA is not exactly a dating paradise.

Thanks for the welcome Turboguy! Yeah, good old Pennsylvania ain't her old self anymore, now is she? Between the economic issues, blighted properties, gang activities, bad roads and the heroin epidemic things sure have changed for the worse. But despite these issues, I think it's still a pretty good place to reside (in this troubled world).

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »
I hail from (a small town in north western Pennsylvania) we suffer from tremendous economic depression because the main industries of our area left the region long ago (70's / 80's). Consequently, young people of both sexes now flee this valley like a house on fire, seeking better opportunities elsewhere. I knew some truly swell young gals in high school, but every single one of them (and I mean literally every last one) has left our hometown for 'greener pastures.' There's just not a lot left here for the decent single guy, hence my notion to look elsewhere.

You live in a small town people are fleeing from because there's little to no opportunity and you want to bring an FSU woman there? You may be a great guy but if she goes into extreme culture shock, things may not work out. You should focus on finding an FSU woman from a small town and be honest with all the ladies you communicate with the place your living at. Tell them people are leaving your town like it's a house on fire so there's no surprises when they decide to live with you in a house on fire.

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2017, 11:08:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am also from Central PA.

Thank you for the welcome civi68. Nice to meet yet another board member from Pennsylvania.

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »

I don't want to date girls in PA because they're over 2500 miles away from me so I go to the FSU. I'll recommend Lord of the Dance do what I did. Date as many women as he can at home and keep his options open overseas. Even if he's wanting to marry someone from the FSU instead of someone at home, by staying active dating it will improve his confidence and social skills with women. A higher level of confidence and social skills will allow him catch higher quality women and a lot of women.

I certainly agree with the sentiment of 'keeping all avenues open.' If the girl I'm looking for would happen to move into my neighborhood tomorrow, this FSU stuff would be out the window pretty quick (though it's unlikely that'll happen). Neither of my parents support my idea of dating in the FSU, they actually have their own thoughts on who I might marry, but historically I've been rather stubborn when it comes to investigating my own ideas. 

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »
Welcome Doug, I think Maxx is right getting going early in this venture is a very good idea. That doesn't just mean going over and meeting these women but also getting into a good financial position if or already there. Doing this will stand you in good stead for when you hit your thirties with these women. Going over and meeting a few will also give you experience that will save you time in your thirties in meeting the right one. It may take a couple of years or so to get into the swing of things so better done in your twenties I think. If you want women to take you seriously I would put in your profile that despite your young years you are capable and able already at present to support a family, this is what they will want to hear, good luck :)

Thanks for the welcome Trenchcoat (do I recognize your handle from RUA?).

As enthusiastic as I may be, I definitely understand that knowledge, patience and honesty are key in securing a good mate. I don't plan to rush anything, and as you suggest, 'getting in early' will only seem to aid in my search. I'm an only child without much extended family, so the prospect of minting a family of my own is appealing to me. This feeling stated, I do have standards. Unfortunately I won't accept children from previous marriages / partners. I don't doubt that there are many wonderful single women around the world that happen to have a child or two, but I feel strongly of having my own children (to note, I'm not a mean guy! We actually sponsor a few kiddos around the world).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:28:55 AM by Lord of the Dance »

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
Song was released in 1981. For better or for worse, simply a ballad of a young rebellious teenage couple in love who run off together and start a family and a life for themselves. But interpretation can adapt any wording to mean whatever you would like. Carry on.

Ah yes, the story of the ages! I do like Rod's songwriting, though his voice does not appeal to my tastes.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701